• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, PrincessAllegra! Love Cripey's idea of the mini bib! BTW, I'm from LI as well. Born and raised in Bethpage.

Hello Princesses! I ran 6 miles today. Was supposed to run 10 but glad I got out there anyways. It has been a while but I officially completed my first run of the year. Yay! I love reading all of your posts. Thank you for the motivation and ideas!!!

Super cute outfit!!!!!!

Thanks!:)

Yaaaaay! Congrats to you...you should make a mini-sized bib for the babe and pin it next to yours for the race!

Love this! And a mini-tiara princess:

Add us to the group of getting a puppy = a new baby! Happened to us twice! Within 5 weeks of getting a puppy we found out both times I was pregnant! I keep joking with DH no more dogs for awhile!

We say the same! LOL!!!

Wow, that dress is beautiful and your body looks amazing... Are you just wearing that, or will you be wearing gym clothes underneath?

Thanks!!! :) The dress actually has a built-in unitard that's pretty decent. I am wearing a green under armour sports bra in the pic that I run in normally, so I am hoping that's enough. I did think about throwing some heat gear under it though for wicking because I sweat like a beast and that dress won't look as cute when it's soaked with sweat.

7.5 miles done. :cool1: Need to figure something out to deal with this blister that won't die though.

Well done!! (on the run not the blister --ow!)

Hello Princesses! I ran 6 miles today. Was supposed to run 10 but glad I got out there anyways. It has been a while but I officially completed my first run of the year. Yay! I love reading all of your posts. Thank you for the motivation and ideas!!!

Good job getting out there!!

It's time for me to run and I am still on the fence between going outside and going to the track. Outside is easier and it's up to 32* now so I think I'll just ColdGear up and do it. 56 laps around the track will make me crazy.

I just saw that, too!!!

I put on my costume this morning and was going to brave a mile in the cold just to see but DH stopped me and told me about Saturday's "heat wave." Woo!!!! :yay:

But since I had it on, I had him take a picture. Here's what I am wearing. I still need to get a green running belt and head band (mine are pink) but otherwise here it is:

tink_costume1_zpsd2201f65.jpg

tink_costume3_zps0712d3c2.jpg

I have a wand but I think I will skip it since I plan on having my phone, KTTW, iPod Shuffle and cash in my belt pouch and my camera in hand. I don't need another thing to carry for 13.1 miles.

Wow you look awesome!!!

Congrats Princess Allegra!! So exciting! Lots of sticky vibes!

Princess on the Run - I love the costume! Perfect fabric (at least the look of it)!

IMGONNABE40! said:
Congrats, PrincessAllegra! Love Cripey's idea of the mini bib! BTW, I'm from LI as well. Born and raised in Bethpage.m

I'm a LI'er as well! I do all of my long runs on the Bethpage Bike Path:). I love the new paved section past the picnic tables; I just wish they'd add some mile markers. I did 7.5 miles there yesterday!

IMGONNABE40! said:
Congrats, PrincessAllegra! Love Cripey's idea of the mini bib! BTW, I'm from LI as well. Born and raised in Bethpage.m

So cool! We're in Roslyn! Not too far at all!

MizBrix said:
Congrats Princess Allegra!! So exciting! Lots of sticky vibes!

Princess on the Run - I love the costume! Perfect fabric (at least the look of it)!

I'm a LI'er as well! I do all of my long runs on the Bethpage Bike Path:). I love the new paved section past the picnic tables; I just wish they'd add some mile markers. I did 7.5 miles there yesterday!

Thank you!! Oh wow awesome! I love it there! Love! Also the Masapequa preserve is another trail I love here.

I just saw that, too!!!

I put on my costume this morning and was going to brave a mile in the cold just to see but DH stopped me and told me about Saturday's "heat wave." Woo!!!! :yay:

But since I had it on, I had him take a picture.

I have a wand but I think I will skip it since I plan on having my phone, KTTW, iPod Shuffle and cash in my belt pouch and my camera in hand. I don't need another thing to carry for 13.1 miles.

OMG....love the costume and WOW....you look great!!:banana: This red head certainly doesn't look like you..something to aspire to reach!:worship:

Ok so I have some news I need to share with you princesses. I am almost 6 weeks preg! Crazy! I was feeling great and getting my runs in up until two days ago I've been waking up heaving and puking! Oh boy! I am just taking it really easy and going to get my runs in the late afternoon instead. Please send any sticky baby vibes our way! We have had an early loss before so we are a bit nervous but really really happy. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I also wanted to share this very special video my hubs made of our Disney Christmas Village! It is his project and it's really truly amazing. Anything with lights you see he custom did. He custom lit the Contemporary, GF, Poly, and even did the color changing LED's on the castle! Sorry for the pulsing lights in the video, that's just how the LED's translate onto HD. I don't know how to fix that. I know this will get you all even more psyched to be running!!!!pixiedust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWC6hLB0W0

Congratulations!!! I understand your nervousness. We have experienced the same thing (5 times). But now we have 6 beautiful children and couldn't be happier!

And I love the Disney Christmas village. I can't wait to show my kids.

I just saw that, too!!!

But since I had it on, I had him take a picture. Here's what I am wearing. I still need to get a green running belt and head band (mine are pink) but otherwise here it is:

You and your costume look fantastic!!!

Ok so I have some news I need to share with you princesses. I am almost 6 weeks preg! Crazy! I was feeling great and getting my runs in up until two days ago I've been waking up heaving and puking! Oh boy! I am just taking it really easy and going to get my runs in the late afternoon instead. Please send any sticky baby vibes our way! We have had an early loss before so we are a bit nervous but really really happy. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I also wanted to share this very special video my hubs made of our Disney Christmas Village! It is his project and it's really truly amazing. Anything with lights you see he custom did. He custom lit the Contemporary, GF, Poly, and even did the color changing LED's on the castle! Sorry for the pulsing lights in the video, that's just how the LED's translate onto HD. I don't know how to fix that. I know this will get you all even more psyched to be running!!!!pixiedust:

Congratulations to you and your hubby !!!!!!

I just love your Christmas Village. It's wonderful !!!! Yes...I'm even more excited to get out to WDW and run.

Catching up on my updates and drinking hot chocolate protein mix while sitting in an ice bath in the middle of January. Alongside today's 8.4 miles (record distance for me), chalk all of this up to things I never thought I would do a year ago!

Many many congrats to PrincessAllegra. Sending you many wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy. And also much amazement for you awesome Christmas village and video. Your husband is clearly very talented. What a fun holiday decoration!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I just saw that, too!!!

I did a 7 today up here on the North Shore to get the long run out of the way, but I'm eagerly awaiting the warm weather. No costume test today, but I might try out my Pochahontas stuff for the Royal 5K I'm doing with my 9 year old, who is running as Meeko :hug:

Wow you look awesome!!!
Princess on the Run - I love the costume! Perfect fabric (at least the look of it)
OMG....love the costume and WOW....you look great!!:banana: This red head certainly doesn't look like you..something to aspire to reach!:worship:
You and your costume look fantastic!!!

Thanks so much!!!! You guys are making me feel all warm and fuzzy today when I've been feeling like such a slacker lately with my bum knee. Princesses rock!!!princess:

I did a 7 today up here on the North Shore to get the long run out of the way, but I'm eagerly awaiting the warm weather. No costume test today, but I might try out my Pochahontas stuff for the Royal 5K I'm doing with my 9 year old, who is running as Meeko :hug:

How cute!!!! I want to see you both!! Well done on 7!!

I "hamster-wheeled" my 7 today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but there are a TON of NY resolution walkers in there that don't know the whole "walkers on the inside" and one direction only rules. I had a few near collisions, but there were some basketball leagues going on int he gym underneath so I tried to keep myself busy people watching so I didn't get habitrail fever. :rotfl2:

OMG just finally got to watch this now. So freakin' cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!

And thanks for sharing the video...VERY cool :goodvibes

I just saw that, too!!!

That is an amazing costume. It looks like it would not be hard to run in. I have to ask... the vibrams. You do plan to run the phm in them? While I do not run in vibrams... I do run in a nike free run and was planning to run the phm in them. The sales people at the store made it sound like I was going to do something wrong. Yet... even they were shocked when I put something on with more "cushion" (ie. something with more heel to toe drop) I instantly was over pronating. In the minimalist shoes... I don't. Still, they planted that darn seed that I was going to be doing damage to myself. I would like to know I am not the only one running the phm in a minimalist shoe.

Hey, y'all - since we were discussing mileage goals I created what I hope will be a fun challenge on DailyMile. Look in the Community tab for challenges - I titled mine "DISers to 500... and beyond!" I thought it would be fun for anyone from the DisBoards to track their miles this year. After you click "join", you don't have to do anything else. Whenever you input your runs into DailyMile, it will automatically update you on the challenge page. However, since I didn't think to do this until now, it won't let me back date it to 1/1. So, if you ran 20 miles last week, you're kinda screwed as far as counting it to 500 for the challenge - sorry. :confused3 Anyway, I sent an invite to some people I knew on DM, but it's open to anyone who wants to join!

Oh - and Princess Allegra, big congrats! Now to get a jogging stroller! :rotfl2: Princess on the Run, I have extreme Tinkerbell envy - your costume is beautiful! While I will miss my wings this year, I will be gettin' my Belle on and having fun with it!

Made it for 6 today and gave my shins a break by going back to my previous running path (we moved 20 minutes away at the end of summer) which is scenic and completely flat. Been in a running funk due to the extreme lack of scenery in the new hood, the hills that are hating me and the colder weather. Yes, I know - some of you are running in literal freezing conditions, but this Georgia girl was not made for below 50! I hate that feeling where I am sweating, yet I am still cold! Anyway, went back to the old path today and had a lovely run by the Chattahoochee River on a completely flat path. It still wasn't great, but I'm sure it was better than if I had run on one of the main roads near my house where I would have a view of gas stations, Goodwill, Publix and Home Depot!!!! Everytime a cold breeze blew in my face my mantra would start: "I'm doing this to get to Disney. I'm doing this to get to Disney." :thumbsup2 When a girl's got a non-Disney lovin' husband, she's gotta do what she's gotta do to get her fix in!

annmarieda said:
That is an amazing costume. It looks like it would not be hard to run in. I have to ask... the vibrams. You do plan to run the phm in them? While I do not run in vibrams... I do run in a nike free run and was planning to run the phm in them. The sales people at the store made it sound like I was going to do something wrong. Yet... even they were shocked when I put something on with more "cushion" (ie. something with more heel to toe drop) I instantly was over pronating. In the minimalist shoes... I don't. Still, they planted that darn seed that I was going to be doing damage to myself. I would like to know I am not the only one running the phm in a minimalist shoe.

I am going to run in them. I love them and they make me happy. People have suggested the same to me that they're awful and going to hurt me. I even gave in at one point when my ITBS started and I got new shoes but that didn't help the ITBS. I started PT and the most awesome thing happened that my PT by some miracle is a minimalist runner! He believed in them the way I do and he told me we were going to work with both shoes just to prove a point. My body works better in minimalist shoes and he helped me remove any doubt. I didn't know he ran "barefoot" when I went to him. It was karma or fate that I found him. I run better in them and I can feel it. I did Tough Mudder in them (12+ miles) and other runs. I hated the other shoes and didn't even want to run. I say wear what makes your feet happy!!!!

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you and sending you lots of happy, healthy pregnancy vibes. I know how much it sucks to be sick but it is the sign of a healthy early pregnancy. Means your hormones are nice and high - its a good sign for a sticky baby. I know its hard when your head is in the toilet but try to remember its a good thing. Hang in there momma. :hug:

I just saw that, too!!!

Gorgeous girlie! Love it! You look amazing in that too - I think I may hate you a little bit. Okay, no I don't but damn girl you look good! :blush: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter