• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I should have...I was getting a little extra holiday discount on merch too, so it was kinda dumb not to...oh well. I was trying to not spend too much on myself this time being it was such a last minute trip...I tried to spend mostly on stuff that I would use for Christmas gifts since I missed out on Black Friday. I may have to grab one after the race if I can still find it then.

You might even want to check at DL when you're here for Tink. Or we have something called or used to be called DeliverEars. Just a quick call to the park (DL) and your items will be sent to you :cool1: It's also kind of dangerous if you know what I mean, but SO convenient and you can even use your AP discount.

I changed my reservation from the runDisney booking I had originally to a room only rate and passes through the Disneyworld site and saved over $300 for exactly the same thing. Woohoo! :thumbsup2

Yeah !!!! I love getting a deal !!!!! Sounds like more shopping money to me :cool1:

I have been away from the boards for a while.
Your going to PT for your IT Band or your knee.
Is it helping.

I have been resting all month. Other than the Hot Chocolate, I have only done cross training. I hope to have a painless 3 miles this weekend.

It's for my lazy butt. :rotfl: I went to a PT because I assumed it was IT band problems. My knee was where I really felt the pain but it seemed likely to be IT band related. He did a screening and sent me to an ortho for a script. The ortho did X-rays and an exam and everything and they both agree that I have an imbalance in my kinetic chain as a result of over-developed quads and calves which are allowing my glutes to slack off. I have a medically diagnosed lazy bottom!!!! :rotfl2:

PT 2-3 times a week, a vdeo gait analysis after a month to see if it's helping and then we go from there. I think it's helping but I feel frumpy because I'm not allowed to run.:( I still go to my pole class once a week but running was my major exercise. He said I can swim or ride a bike but I don't do either of those. :(

I'm just checking in here as well.. I finally got started on my training. I still have some hip problems, but it's getting better. I'm getting there :-)

Add me to the list too please! This is my first PHM, first half, first runDisney, I'm a noob all around.

So much for running outside today, it's SNOWING here in south central PA. It's beautiful but I will enjoy the view from the treadmill.

Yay for ITBS success! I'm so glad things are pain free. Just don't add too much too fast and you should be great!
:thumbsup2 Absolutely - s l o w and steady finishes the race, right?!

I'm doing well here too-
Glad to hear it! Could your knee pain be weather-related? It finally cooled down here and every darned joint in my body aches. :headache:

I'll get around to catching up with people wanting to be added in a day or two. I'm feeling pretty rough tonight, and if I don't feel better in the morning, I'm going to head back to the Dr. I still have 5.5 out of 10 days left on Cipro, and I feel worse every blasted day. :(
:( Ugh, I'm sorry - definitely check with your doc.

We booked a preferred room as well at CSR for PHM, so I'll definitely be closer to the convention space for the expo...just hoping for decent proximity to a bus stop too...we didn't circle the resort completely yesterday though...only went through a few stops when it was all said and done they just seemed really spaced out, but could be a misconception on my part, who knows?
I'm a frequent guest at CSR and yes, some rooms are quite a hike to the bus stops... though some are even more of a hike to the pool/food/front desk/etc. I think you should end up in Casitas with a preferred room, and those are pretty convenient to everything. :thumbsup2

That's great progress!!! So happy for you!!
Thanks! :goodvibes
I am plugging along in PT and still PUP-listed. Feeling frumpy without my runs but trying to keep hope. He told me today another 7-10 days before I can run. I was hoping he would say this weekend. :(
I know how frustrating that is - hang in there! I swear, once you're cleared for running, it'll feel soooooooo good!

I changed my reservation from the runDisney booking I had originally to a room only rate and passes through the Disneyworld site and saved over $300 for exactly the same thing. Woohoo! :thumbsup2
NICE! :cool1:

I'm just checking in here as well.. I finally got started on my training. I still have some hip problems, but it's getting better. I'm getting there :-)
Yay for healing! :woohoo:

It's for my lazy butt. :rotfl: I went to a PT because I assumed it was IT band problems. My knee was where I really felt the pain but it seemed likely to be IT band related. He did a screening and sent me to an ortho for a script. The ortho did X-rays and an exam and everything and they both agree that I have an imbalance in my kinetic chain as a result of over-developed quads and calves which are allowing my glutes to slack off. I have a medically diagnosed lazy bottom!!!! :rotfl2:

PT 2-3 times a week, a vdeo gait analysis after a month to see if it's helping and then we go from there. I think it's helping but I feel frumpy because I'm not allowed to run.:( I still go to my pole class once a week but running was my major exercise. He said I can swim or ride a bike but I don't do either of those. :(

I am recovering from an injury as well and I have one more week until I can slowly start adding running back into my routine. It's killing me not to run. My sports medicine doc stressed the importance of doing exercises for glutes and I thought of you immediately after reading about your lazy butt! :rotfl2: I start PT this week and I can't wait until I can get back into the swing of running especially when the PHM is coming up so soon!

Please add me to the list too!

I just noticed that the Princess expo will be at Coronado Springs. I've never gone to a Run Disney expo not at WWoS (well, except for DL obviously). Is this a first? Any thoughts as to why?

I just noticed that the Princess expo will be at Coronado Springs. I've never gone to a Run Disney expo not at WWoS (well, except for DL obviously). Is this a first? Any thoughts as to why?

REALLY? I've never been to one that wasn't at WWoS, either!

So much for running outside today, it's SNOWING here in south central PA. It's beautiful but I will enjoy the view from the treadmill.

That's my favorite time to run outside!! (as long as it is above about 28 degrees)

From what I've read, it was relocated to CSR just a few weeks ago. I don't think they gave any official reason, but some have said it's most likely due to a conflict with an Atlanta Braves spring training game that same day at WWoS. Works out great for us, as we had already booked at CSR! :banana:

Newbie to the 1/2 marathon. This is my first 1/2 marathon. I am excited and frightened at the same time. My training is spotty but I plan on beefing it up now. Just wanted to join to see how others are preparing.

Tracerr00 said:
My sports medicine doc stressed the importance of doing exercises for glutes and I thought of you immediately after reading about your lazy butt! :rotfl2: I start PT this week and I can't wait until I can get back into the swing of running especially when the PHM is coming up so soon!

Don't let those glutes slack!!! LOL!!

It is so hard knowing we're getting close and not being able train. :(

Is there a separate e-mail to send your proof of time to? I tried contacting RunDisney because I couldn't find it on their site... And they still haven't gotten back to me :(. I just want to make sure I get it in before Dec 1st. They were fairly quick in responding to my bib change request. I know I can always bring it, but I figure if I have it, why not now!

Is there a separate e-mail to send your proof of time to? I tried contacting RunDisney because I couldn't find it on their site... And they still haven't gotten back to me :(. I just want to make sure I get it in before Dec 1st. They were fairly quick in responding to my bib change request. I know I can always bring it, but I figure if I have it, why not now!

Disney Sports <DisneySports@Trackshack.com>;

That's the one I sent to and got response from!

Here's where I need some advice from my fellow Princess and veteran runners. Having issues with aerobic capacity while running. Feel like my heart and lungs are going to burst so I do walking intervals and start running again ( or thunder thigh thumping as I call it!). Doesn't seem to get any better the longer I train. Not a smoker, no known lung/heart issues. I'm 5"4 , XS, and 45. Is it just how it is for beginners ?

It is, but I have spent well over a year with my aerobic capacity being my limiting factor. I have started doing the classic pattern of long, slow distance at an aerobic heart rate (60-70% max) and speed work 1-2 days per week at a much higher heart rate (85%+, think OMG I'M GONNA DIE). I feel like I'm finally starting to push past a long plateau I was on. Still slow, still limited by my lungs, but better. It might be worth a try. Jenny Hadfield's site (John Bingham's co-author and wife) has some great information about this.

@BSKElley07 sent you a PM about the NWM 1/2 decided to throw my name in the hat and run if the team gets pulled.

I'm in Bethany's group too. Yay! I hope you jump in! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Cate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter