• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add me to the list! Excited for my first Princess Half Marathon!

Feel better MoonFaerie!

Add me to the list I also requested to join the Facebook group Rosie P

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

I'm in for this! Please add me to the list. Hoping to have successfully completed Tink by then and qualify for my C2C. :upsidedow

So far traveling solo and staying AoA. :cool1:

Moonfaerie, I hope you are feeling better soon. Remember, your health is the most important thing, so take care of yourself.

I'm running and most likely traveling alone! Wouldn't mind rooming with some other Princesses as hotels are more expensive this year.

If you are planning on running, let me know, and I'll put your name on the roster! If I miss your post, feel free to PM me. I've got finals coming up, so I'll be randomly MIA off and on for a few weeks. ;)

Please add me please :)

I can't belive the race is sold out already! I got my race registration, but I haven't done anything else yet! I should get on that.

I'm glad it's 90 days away! I could use even longer. My training plan just took a big hit. :sad1:

I had to skip my 10K on Thanksgiving. I was in the ER Wed night and even if I had felt up to it, I'd have been running on less than 2 hrs of sleep. I have a kidney infection, so I'm on Cipro, which is making me feel terrible. I also found out that I was born with only one working kidney. :eek: My one kidney is doing fine though - it's function is within the normal range for someone with 2 working kidneys, which is why blood work had never indicated a problem. Unfortunately, the one kidney working harder to make up for the missing kidney plus the infection means my blood pressure is really high. I'm on an ACE inhibitor now too.

One of the side effects of the Cipro is tendon problems all the way up to tendon rupture, and it can happen even MONTHS after I stop taking it. I can't imagine feeling up to running at all while I'm still on the antibiotics, and even after I'm done with them, I'll have to be careful.

I hope you get to feeling better soon! I hope the cipro doesn't cause any trouble on down the line for you.

Pretty sure I am going... so please add me to the list when you feel up to doing so. :goodvibes

I'm glad it's 90 days away! I could use even longer. My training plan just took a big hit. :sad1:

I had to skip my 10K on Thanksgiving. I was in the ER Wed night and even if I had felt up to it, I'd have been running on less than 2 hrs of sleep. I have a kidney infection, so I'm on Cipro, which is making me feel terrible. I also found out that I was born with only one working kidney. :eek: My one kidney is doing fine though - it's function is within the normal range for someone with 2 working kidneys, which is why blood work had never indicated a problem. Unfortunately, the one kidney working harder to make up for the missing kidney plus the infection means my blood pressure is really high. I'm on an ACE inhibitor now too.

One of the side effects of the Cipro is tendon problems all the way up to tendon rupture, and it can happen even MONTHS after I stop taking it. I can't imagine feeling up to running at all while I'm still on the antibiotics, and even after I'm done with them, I'll have to be careful.

Yikes, kidney infections are awful, I hope you get better soon and don't get any Cipro side effects.

I can't believe the PHM is already sold out! And it's less than three months away. I think it's going to be here before we know it.

Went out and ran my first 4 miles in 4 months and did a 11:12 min mile. So happy!!!!

Add me to the list, pleaseee :goodvibes

I was so sad for a bit I thought this thread was dunzo! I have my long run today and I don't know if I'm going to do it since I did the 10k race on thurs. I may CT today and run tomorrow. I usually don't CT but I figure I should start on that instead of taking two rest days... What do you guys do for it? I don't know how to ride a bike so that's out :( and it's too cold to swim. I was thinking lifting like these 5 pound weights I have at home and doing a couple different things with them? As well as doing the ab ripper from p90x. Not sure if that really counts, but I don't really know what else to do!

Phewf! Found you guys again - I had a small panic yesterday when I checked the thread to find it locked.

PLease add me to the list too!

I'm traveling solo too and staying at POP.

Food better soon Moon. :hug:

Add me to the list as well please. :)
I am also traveling solo. I'm staying at CBR with a room only discount. I'm staying Thursday-Monday. If anyone is looking for a roommate PM me!

rosermama said:
Went out and ran my first 4 miles in 4 months and did a 11:12 min mile. So happy!!!!

Nice job! That's impressive to go from 0 to 4 miles after time off. How'd it feel? I'm still restricted to walking for another two weeks or so. I'm a little nervous about how to jump back into running, but your post is giving confidence that I can just get up and go!

MizBrix said:
Nice job! That's impressive to go from 0 to 4 miles after time off. How'd it feel? I'm still restricted to walking for another two weeks or so. I'm a little nervous about how to jump back into running, but your post is giving confidence that I can just get up and go!

It felt great I walked everyday 5-7 miles throughout the day for 2 1/2 months and lost 40 pounds since the last time I ran. I was running 3.7 miles in 45 mins before I quite for health issues. I was really nervous when we pulled up to the trail to run and thought I have so far to go but will power and determination go a long way. We just started off slow and steady jog ran for 5-6 mins walked for 1-2 mins. I had my husband with me to cheer me on and push me not to give up.

I was sore afterward but feeling great. I took nuts and a orange to eat after running and it really refueld me. I didn't want to go up the stairs when I got home but I had to run to the restroom.

Overall I felt great because I felt like now I know I can do it.

Also downloaded runkeeper app for my phone and every five mins it says the pace so that helps push me.

You will be fine there is still plenty of time to train, I only have 8 weeks till Tinkerbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter