Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have shopping expo question. Is everything cash only or do they take credit cards? I can't go this year but my BF is going. I thought she might do some shopping for me if i ask real nice, lol.

Thanks for the answers on the bib guys. :)

I kinda thought we were just going to eat the cost of the bib and that's ok. He wants to walk the 5k now!

Never to old said:
I have shopping expo question. Is everything cash only or do they take credit cards? I can't go this year but my BF is going. I thought she might do some shopping for me if i ask real nice, lol.

The disney stuff is a regular register and they take cards, most vendors take credit cards as well. Some vendors have a minimum for charging and some have cash deals too. We buy gu there so we don't have to bring it from home.

Hi Girls...and Guys, do you know when they announce the Corrals? Is it like a month before the race? I'm super anxious. Training is going good other than a mild case of shin pain, I'm using KTTape and a Zensah sleeve for it and they really do help.

yulilin3 said:
Hi Girls...and Guys, do you know when they announce the Corrals? Is it like a month before the race? I'm super anxious. Training is going good other than a mild case of shin pain, I'm using KTTape and a Zensah sleeve for it and they really do help.

4 weeks out you usually get your waivers which has your corral :-)

The waivers won't have corral letters, just bib #s. But for the past year RD has posted on their FB page a graphic of where those bib#s fall in the corrals, saves them the phone calls asking.

4 weeks out you usually get your waivers which has your corral :-)

The waivers won't have corral letters, just bib #s. But for the past year RD has posted on their FB page a graphic of where those bib#s fall in the corrals, saves them the phone calls asking.

thank you...I'm at a 14mm pace and I really want to stop for a picture with the Princes (Eric, Naveen, Ryder, Tarzan,etc) I'm just hoping I'm not in the last corral (althought I'm almost 100% I will be). My second stop for pictures would be the Girl Villains (Cruella, Maleficent, Step SIsters) but that's depending on how I'm doing. After that I won't stop again, only for Tiana since she's the princess I chose.

I've been playing with intervals and have realized that no matter how long/short I make my intervals, I perform best using a 1:1 minute run:walk method. It keeps me from being bored or slowing too much but isn't too much to tire me out.

So my question is: Is this totally impractical for race day?

I'm worried I'll be stop/starting too much and will get in people's way. Are there any other 1:1 people out there who are planning on this method come February?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'll be doing the same thing. I have to walk the first 1-2 miles -- no running. I have plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. I have to walk through it to get used to it enough to run (although the walk from the tent to the corral may suffice). Then, I rotate between a 1:1, 2:1 to 3:1 ratio.

My plan is to stay on the shoulder, so that I am out of the way of the people who are running.

thank you...I'm at a 14mm pace and I really want to stop for a picture with the Princes (Eric, Naveen, Ryder, Tarzan,etc) I'm just hoping I'm not in the last corral (althought I'm almost 100% I will be). My second stop for pictures would be the Girl Villains (Cruella, Maleficent, Step SIsters) but that's depending on how I'm doing. After that I won't stop again, only for Tiana since she's the princess I chose.

I know that I won't have time for pictures. I am just hoping to finish....

Anyone ever try running with a wig? I'm trying to decide whether to run in a Merida costume. I have a Northface running skirt and tank that are the perfect color and found $1 knee socks at Target (thanks for the idea Tinkeramy!) that match to use as arm sleeves. Question is whether I put on my daughter's Merida wig and a soft woven brown belt.... or just forget about a costume and go for comfort.

DeerIsleDisney said:
Anyone ever try running with a wig? I'm trying to decide whether to run in a Merida costume. I have a Northface running skirt and tank that are the perfect color and found $1 knee socks at Target (thanks for the idea Tinkeramy!) that match to use as arm sleeves. Question is whether I put on my daughter's Merida wig and a soft woven brown belt.... or just forget about a costume and go for comfort.

I don't think the costume has to hinge on whether you wear the wig. I know her hair color is one of her most striking features but I'm pretty sure there's been blonde snow whites and brunette cinderellas before. So if you don't want to wear the wig I think the rest of the costume will be enough. If you want to wear it, test it out on a run to see how you feel.

I know if I want to finish I won't be able to stop. My plan is-finish this race. Then train for PHM 2014 with enough cushion that I can stop.

Do you have longer hair? If so, you could do a test run by wearing your own hair down when you run.

Even if you don't wear the wig, the costume sounds great!

So my question is: Is this totally impractical for race day?

I'm worried I'll be stop/starting too much and will get in people's way. Are there any other 1:1 people out there who are planning on this method come February?
I had to cut way back to :30run/1:30walk intervals for a while returning form injury, but I like a nice 1:00/1:00 race interval, too. Will you be in people's way? Yep. But many others will be in your way. Disney races are just crowded like that so don't sweat it. To me, Disney races feel a lot more like driving a car than running; my peripheral vision is busy-busy and I check over my shoulder a lot to see who's coming up behind me, as well as a strong focus on the course ahead. You'll be among all manner of different intervals, so lots and lots of folks slowing up and speeding up. It's fun and neat when you discover your intervals have synced with someone next to or in front of you for a couple miles!

I don't think I paid cash for anything at the TOT expo - all credit cards. That was at runDisney booth, Sparkle Skirts, iFitness, One More Mile. Oh, I did have to pay cash for my son's temporary tattoo at the W&D expo.

I'll be doing the same thing. I have to walk the first 1-2 miles -- no running. I have plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. I have to walk through it to get used to it enough to run (although the walk from the tent to the corral may suffice). Then, I rotate between a 1:1, 2:1 to 3:1 ratio.

My plan is to stay on the shoulder, so that I am out of the way of the people who are running.
:worship: You seriously just made my day and eased my nerves soooo much - thank you! I've been walking most of the first mile of my long runs because my ITBS acts up when my muscles are cold, and until this week, it's been chilly for this FL gal. I really thought I'd be all alone and sad, walking that first mile or so of the race!

AnotherPrincess said:
I don't think the costume has to hinge on whether you wear the wig. I know her hair color is one of her most striking features but I'm pretty sure there's been blonde snow whites and brunette cinderellas before. So if you don't want to wear the wig I think the rest of the costume will be enough. If you want to wear it, test it out on a run to see how you feel.

I will be a blonde Jasmine. I stressed over the fact I don't have the right hair color but I had to get over it- well actually I am still trying to get over it. Haha. I don't think I could wear a wig. It would be off 5 mins later.

:worship: You seriously just made my day and eased my nerves soooo much - thank you! I've been walking most of the first mile of my long runs because my ITBS acts up when my muscles are cold, and until this week, it's been chilly for this FL gal. I really thought I'd be all alone and sad, walking that first mile or so of the race!

You did the same!!! I feel really stupid that I can't get into a good walk/jog rhythm until around mile 3. Unfortunately, that's about 1/4 way through the PHM.

My biggest fear is that I will get swept early becuase it looks like I am not keeping pace. I have short legs and I am not a fast walker. But, once I get into my rhythm, I'm pretty good to go.

What is a good Ear Bud for running. Without speding a ton.
I don't have an IPOD,
I just use an MP3 Player. The ones I have are Sony brand and they suck.
I had my MP3 player in my pocket while cleaning the house yesterday
if I hit where they plug into the MP3 play the one ear would go out.
Thanks for your help ladies.

For those of you princesses that might be interested in the DL half, someone on the Dumbo Double dare thread posted a link they received today from Disney Visa that allows them to register right now.
I don't own one and I just registered both of us for the dumbo double dare to get our C2C medal!

I just registered for the DDD too! So, glad I won't have to wait in line at the Tink expo next weekend to do it now!

I will be a blonde Jasmine. I stressed over the fact I don't have the right hair color but I had to get over it- well actually I am still trying to get over it. Haha. I don't think I could wear a wig. It would be off 5 mins later.
I'm a blond Ariel. There's no way I could do a wig. I've been stressing too...to the point of thinking of the color hairspray. I'm pretty sure that would run all over once I start sweating so I'm just going as/is :)

What is a good Ear Bud for running. Without speding a ton.
I don't have an IPOD,
I just use an MP3 Player. The ones I have are Sony brand and they suck.
I had my MP3 player in my pocket while cleaning the house yesterday
if I hit where they plug into the MP3 play the one ear would go out.
Thanks for your help ladies.
I just bought yurbuds at Walmart. They are 28 bucks there. I usually do earbuds from 5 below but my last ones crapped out and they were always falling out of my ears anyway. Needless to say, I've been using the yurbuds for a week- I LOVE them. They don't fall out or need to be adjusted while I'm running. The sound quality is great too! :)

I'm a blond Ariel. There's no way I could do a wig. I've been stressing too...to the point of thinking of the color hairspray. I'm pretty sure that would run all over once I start sweating so I'm just going as/is :)

I just bought yurbuds at Walmart. They are 28 bucks there. I usually do earbuds from 5 below but my last ones crapped out and they were always falling out of my ears anyway. Needless to say, I've been using the yurbuds for a week- I LOVE them. They don't fall out or need to be adjusted while I'm running. The sound quality is great too! :)

Thanks I will check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter