Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
sherekhan said:
I think we've created a new verb. :thumbsup2

So I'm looking at the Bee Cause sneaker charms and thinking how my little girls will be jealous if I get one and they don't. But that's like $45 for us all to get them. Maybe I'll just get one "powered by pixie dust" heart and we'll make a big deal of handing it off to the next person to race...the 5K, the 400m, and the 13.1 Like Dumbo's magic feather?

I think that's a super-cute idea!

New to this thread, but also running the Princess 1/2..my first ever half! Anyone else get clobbered with getting sick? I was on a training roll,but have been out of commission with being sick before and now after Christmas,and now I'm a nervous wreck on how I'm going to do this run!

New to this thread, but also running the Princess 1/2..my first ever half! Anyone else get clobbered with getting sick? I was on a training roll,but have been out of commission with being sick before and now after Christmas,and now I'm a nervous wreck on how I'm going to do this run!

you can do it! I got sick too in December and missed 3-4 weeks of training, and I'm doing the Tink half next weekend! Keep plugging away. You may have to change your goals for the race depending on how much you've missed and how quickly you can get back on track, but that's OK! I'm resigned to the fact that Tink will most likely take me about 45 minutes longer than I had anticipated being able to run it in...but I decided that since the registration fee for it went up, I'm just getting my money's worth by enjoying the course for a little longer :thumbsup2

you can do it! I got sick too in December and missed 3-4 weeks of training, and I'm doing the Tink half next weekend! Keep plugging away. You may have to change your goals for the race depending on how much you've missed and how quickly you can get back on track, but that's OK! I'm resigned to the fact that Tink will most likely take me about 45 minutes longer than I had anticipated being able to run it in...but I decided that since the registration fee for it went up, I'm just getting my money's worth by enjoying the course for a little longer :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, sometimes that's what you need to keep going! :D
Yeah, I will definitely have to change my goals, I wanted to run the whole thing, but I don't think its possible, so a finish shall be a finish for me for this one! LOL
Heck, we all get that same medal in the end right!
Good luck to you on Tink!!

MoonFaerie said:
:rotfl2: I'm justifying dinner at V&A because I'll be running 13.1 miles and walking several more. I'm aiming for 50,000 steps on my bodybugg that day. :thumbsup2

Sooo excited for you! V+A is our fave ever!!

MoonFaerie said:
:rotfl2: I'm justifying dinner at V&A because I'll be running 13.1 miles and walking several more. I'm aiming for 50,000 steps on my bodybugg that day. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a most proper reward!

I'm walking in the Princess 1/2 as a team. My friend and I are so excited!

Yeah for you guys! Many of us will be walk/running so you will be right at home !:cool1:

Oh girl....soooo many of us have had colds etc, battled new and old injuries so don't feel alone! I found that my time off for my bad cold in December and now my exercise asthma hasn't really put me too far behind my training. My first goal for the PHM is to be at least two steps ahead of the balloon lady and then from there to be fast enough to enjoy some pics along the way! If all goes well...I would like to finish around 3 hours. right now it's looking good.:banana:

Hi princesses!! Looked over my calendar today as realized we have have a handful of long runs left and the it's finally here!! It seems like ages ago that I signed up.

With jut a few weeks left to make progress I had a question for any run-walk interval ladies.

I started running with C-to-5K and proudly made it up to a very slow 30 minutes of steady running. After learning about Galloway's run-walk method I quickly switched and noticed big improvements on my overall time.

I've been playing with intervals and have realized that no matter how long/short I make my intervals, I perform best using a 1:1 minute run:walk method. It keeps me from being bored or slowing too much but isn't too much to tire me out.

So my question is: Is this totally impractical for race day?

I'm worried I'll be stop/starting too much and will get in people's way. Are there any other 1:1 people out there who are planning on this method come February?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For those of you princesses that might be interested in the DL half, someone on the Dumbo Double dare thread posted a link they received today from Disney Visa that allows them to register right now.
I don't own one and I just registered both of us for the dumbo double dare to get our C2C medal!

For those of you princesses that might be interested in the DL half, someone on the Dumbo Double dare thread posted a link they received today from Disney Visa that allows them to register right now.
I don't own one and I just registered both of us for the dumbo double dare to get our C2C medal!

I got that offer email to. If I could only win the lottery!!!! I would be all over that. With C2C and Double Dumbo you will walk away with 4 medals!!! So so so so jealous.

I have a question for all you knowledgable run disney veterans......

My husband had signed up for the race with me in September but he has gotten injured and will be unable to complete the half marathon with me ( I don't want him to get even more hurt).

I was wondering if we have to eat the race and race retreat costs or can I sell them to another hopeful runner?

I didn't know where to look and I thought that someone may know here.

Thanks!

( and I completed 9 miles in 1.45 this weekend!!!)

I got that offer email to. If I could only win the lottery!!!! I would be all over that. With C2C and Double Dumbo you will walk away with 4 medals!!! So so so so jealous.

I'm so happy to be registered. DH ran the TOT 10 miler with me even though I'm barely 15mm. I am still under trained and I don't think I'll be much faster for princess half. But DH is turning 40 this summer and this is my gift to him. I plan to really push myself in the next year to be able to challenge him during those 2 races. And let's face it... getting those medals will be freaking awesome given the fact that I was always the short and fat girl who could not run to save her skin during gym classes. :cool1: I'll be very proud of myself if I can achieve that.

I need to adjust my thinking! I do a 107 mile walking event each year and at the end always ask my DH to take me for a cheeseburger! :rotfl2:

M likes the mouse said:
I'm so happy to be registered. DH ran the TOT 10 miler with me even though I'm barely 15mm. I am still under trained and I don't think I'll be much faster for princess half. But DH is turning 40 this summer and this is my gift to him. I plan to really push myself in the next year to be able to challenge him during those 2 races. And let's face it... getting those medals will be freaking awesome given the fact that I was always the short and fat girl who could not run to save her skin during gym classes. :cool1: I'll be very proud of myself if I can achieve that.

I am still the short fat girl who never ran in gym class, finished 2 1/2's, 2 5k's, 2 10k's and 1 8k this past year. And another year is just beginning.

Pj

We love Bee Cause charms--I have 5 of them on my shoes! We bought a few at the expo over the last couple of years and have gotten several specially made. I need to get a 6th because its bugging me that my shoes are uneven!:rotfl2:

I have and I really like them. I bought one from Tink last year but I wanted to keep it nice so I never put it on my shoe. I think this year I will have to get another and actually use it. :rotfl:

Having it on your shoe....does it bother you in races or even training ??? Just wondering ?

No, they don't bother me. The only thing I ran into was getting one on elastic laces was tricky! There was one pair that was just too big to fit through the hole, but I eventually got them on the shoes.

Oh the Disney marketing machine works on me too. Have you seen the Vinylmation they have for the WDW marathon ?? I think they will have it out for Tink and DL too. Now I'm not a fan of Vinylmation but again the marketing works and I really think I "NEED" to start collecting from the races I run. Ohhh boy.:lmao:

Yes, I NEED to get the vinyl for the race now. I love the little medal you can add.

Wow! Talk about a resolution that's easy to fix for $15. Much better than "My greatest regret is not doing the IronMan" :lmao: Not wanting to take on a chunk of 2013 regret, I think I'm going to get the Powered by Fairy Dust one.

Speaking of fairy dust, I uploaded a pic of my youngest daughter's shirt for the 400m that says "I'm Fairy Fast" on the front and "Eat My Dust" if anyone wants to check that out: http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fundraiser/cindylevin/

Cute shirt!!

I think we've created a new verb. :thumbsup2

So I'm looking at the Bee Cause sneaker charms and thinking how my little girls will be jealous if I get one and they don't. But that's like $45 for us all to get them. Maybe I'll just get one "powered by pixie dust" heart and we'll make a big deal of handing it off to the next person to race...the 5K, the 400m, and the 13.1 Like Dumbo's magic feather?

I am pretty sure at the Expo last year I bought 2/$20, so you might want to wait and see what they have there.

Hi princesses!! Looked over my calendar today as realized we have have a handful of long runs left and the it's finally here!! It seems like ages ago that I signed up.

With jut a few weeks left to make progress I had a question for any run-walk interval ladies.

I started running with C-to-5K and proudly made it up to a very slow 30 minutes of steady running. After learning about Galloway's run-walk method I quickly switched and noticed big improvements on my overall time.

I've been playing with intervals and have realized that no matter how long/short I make my intervals, I perform best using a 1:1 minute run:walk method. It keeps me from being bored or slowing too much but isn't too much to tire me out.

So my question is: Is this totally impractical for race day?

I'm worried I'll be stop/starting too much and will get in people's way. Are there any other 1:1 people out there who are planning on this method come February?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I also am doing 1:1. I am trying to work up to 2:1, but have had some foot/heel/shoe issues, so I am behind in training. From what I have read and observed in the 5k last year, there will be areas of bottlenecks where many are stuck walking. I plan on staying to the side, so hopefully it won't be a big deal. I know there are MANY, MANY walk/runners in the race.

I have a question for all you knowledgable run disney veterans......

My husband had signed up for the race with me in September but he has gotten injured and will be unable to complete the half marathon with me ( I don't want him to get even more hurt).

I was wondering if we have to eat the race and race retreat costs or can I sell them to another hopeful runner?

I didn't know where to look and I thought that someone may know here.

Thanks!

( and I completed 9 miles in 1.45 this weekend!!!)

Officially you can not sell your bib/retreat or you run the risk of Disney banning you. Call RUNDisney and ask them if you can postpone your entry. I can't think of the "word" now, but they have let injured people credit the $$ to another race. They haven't offered it on all races, so they might say no.

On the race retreat you could sell that off, just swap funds for the bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter