• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone else did okay. I ended up DNFing because of the heat and humidity. Judging by the fact there are at least 30 other people on the bus I am far from alone.

I pretty much knew it was a lost cause when I got to mile 4 and couldn't run without mild nausea. Feeling better now at least (I was also having problems drinking starting around mile 4). Maybe next year.

Finished my Perfect Princess :cool1:

Woke up at 2:50am thanks to my neighbors alarm, I had mine set for 3:10. Left rom at 3:30, no line for bus. Major backup at entrance to staging area. No bag check so I went to back area and no line for bathroom so I did that. They opened up the corral entrance early as I just walked through and on to my corral. At 5am I jumped fence and used the trees...got a few burrs.

I knew after getting sick this past week and went to bed last night with a horrible headache, the race could be tough....but 70 and all the humidity, Imam very happy with my 2:10 finish. Already bathed and getting ready to go to our bruch reservation.

StarGirl11 said:
Hope everyone else did okay. I ended up DNFing because of the heat and humidity. Judging by the fact there are at least 30 other people on the bus I am far from alone.

I pretty much knew it was a lost cause when I got to mile 4 and couldn't run without mild nausea. Feeling better now at least (I was also having problems drinking starting around mile 4). Maybe next year.

Oh I am so sorry to hear you got sick. You did the right thing though! I will see you next year.

joan4mickey said:

Woke up at 2:50am thanks to my neighbors alarm, I had mine set for 3:10. Left rom at 3:30, no line for bus. Major backup at entrance to staging area. No bag check so I went to back area and no line for bathroom so I did that. They opened up the corral entrance early as I just walked through and on to my corral. At 5am I jumped fence and used the trees...got a few burrs.

I knew after getting sick this past week and went to bed last night with a horrible headache, the race could be tough....but 70 and all the humidity, Imam very happy with my 2:10 finish. Already bathed and getting ready to go to our bruch reservation.

Yeah! Congratulations!

We finished! Had a good time :) I don't feel near as bad as I did after Tink. We didn't end up waiting in any character lines, but did stop at all mile markers and places like the castle and space ship earth. Saw MamaCate(I think I spelled it wrong) on the course. Everyone seemed to love BF's princes protection agency shirt! It was awfully humid out there...made for a few rank spots, lol! Thank God the the sun didn't come out an it stayed breezy!!!!!!! Hope to see some Princesses tonight at Be Our Guest...bf and I are here 'til Wednesday late afternoon! Congrats to everyone who got out there today!

Also I have a question, was it just me or was the walk to the corrals shorter this year?

So excited for all of you that crossed that start line - can't wait for the stories and photos!

StarGirl11 said:

Sorry to hear that. It was very hot. Thank God the sun didn't come out! You definitely did the right thing. I ran a 5k warrior dash a few years ago and two people died from heat stroke. No race is worth risking that. Better luck next year!

Congrats!! Way to go!!!

That was by far the most crowded race I've ever run.. Bottle necked for the majority of the course except world drive.. Couldn't hit my pace if I tried which ended up being my worst time by over 15 min.. Sigh

That was by far the most crowded race I've ever run.. Bottle necked for the majority of the course except world drive.. Couldn't hit my pace if I tried which ended up being my worst time by over 15 min.. Sigh

They have way exceeded capacity. Walking was a must do because the course never opened up at all. Not magical.

My first Princess half. I thought it was well organized and that they moved people well. I was pleased I didn't wait for a bus either direction. The entertainment was fun and loved running through mk. The heat really got to me and if that sun would have come out, no way I would have been able to keep running. My only mild complaint is that I wish they would discuss race etiquette during the start. I am all for walking/running/intervals, whatever, but if you are walking in a faster corral, please move to the side. Also when you stop, please signal or at least look behind you. I don't know how many people I about tripped over. I don't think people were being rude, just new to races. It would have helped the flow a lot. Overall, lots of fun!

The race itself was organized well. I finished in 2:05, not the best, but good enough, apparently under 1200 people before me. I wore my Rapunzel dress, saw some of you from here. :thumbsup2 It was a lot of weaving and passing the first 3-4 miles, which I feel took extra out of me, but got to the A corral, so little crowds and opened up as usual. I was disappointed there were very few princesses on the course, but did manage to get Rapunzel at the end in the photo op area.

2002_10100450057313355_466648372_n.jpg

I didn't wear the braided of the hair, it was a bother during testing after putting it together, so just wore the bondi band with tiara I got.

Danhockey04 said:
The race itself was organized well. I finished in 2:05, not the best, but good enough, apparently under 1200 people before me. I wore my Rapunzel dress, saw some of you from here. :thumbsup2 It was a lot of weaving and passing the first 3-4 miles, which I feel took extra out of me, but got to the A corral, so little crowds and opened up as usual. I was disappointed there were very few princesses on the course, but did manage to get Rapunzel at the end in the photo op area.

I didn't wear the braided of the hair, it was a bother during testing after putting it together, so just wore the bondi band with tiara I got.

I saw you! I started in the very back of B so BF could catch up me easily, and just after he did, we saw you run by on the left side of the road...your costume was awesome!

Danhockey04 said:
I wore my Rapunzel dress, saw some of you from here. :thumbsup2

Hahaha! I'm not gonna lie, that's probably the greatest thing I'm going to see all day! Good time, too!

StarGirl11 said:

Sorry about your DNF, I'm sure it was disappointing to have to make that decision...or have your body make it for you, but better to play it safe. It definitely was crazy humid. I can't even imagine how steamy it would have gotten had the sun come out. I felt a twinge of nausea/stomach cramp myself I think a bit after mile 7. Fortunately it passed in a few minutes and didn't return.

Sherekhan - it was so nice to meet you on the course today (I was one of the 3 women wearing WISH shirts that you introduced yourself to late in the race). I am sorry we hesitated when you asked our board names - it's just that while we are still very active WISHers, we seldom post on the boards. So we knew you woukdn't recognize our names and felt bad. We really do enjoy all WISHers so I hope we disn't give you the wrong impression of us. Hope you enjoyed the race and hope to meet you again sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter