Off to see Mickey MEOWS and Snow WIPE again!! A Nov 2012 PTR! W/Pictures

:offtopic:Woke up this morning feeling happy and carefree. Turned on the tv to watch the local news with my cup of coffee. ((Like I do every morning)) And saw the tragedy of the shooting here in Colorado. So sad and disgusting! What in the heck is wrong with people? You can't even go to a movie anymore without being in danger. I used to workout at the gym right next to that theatre and lived less then two mies from there, SOOO scary! I live near Columbine HighSchool right now, and I can't help but think about the shooting that happened there over a decade ago everytime I drive by. :( Please hug your children a little bit tighter today and keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Mcdonough is quite nice, right off the interstate and still close enough to the city food variety. Yet...it's on the opposite side of Atlanta, going AWAY from the 9 lanes of sitting.:woohoo: Should have no problems with travel. When you get a day or two before you head this way, check out http://www.georgianavigator.com Look up construction - they usually have several areas in the lower part of the state they are working on at some point. And also be careful within Macon and about 45 miles south of there...LOTS of speed traps from state patrol!:headache:
Great, thanks SO much for the information and advice. I appreciate it. ::yes::

We love road trips too - though the longest we have done has been 10.5 hrs. We always stop at a Subway or Publix or Blimpie and grab subs and take them to a rest area. That is ALWAYS our lunch going and coming. Let's the boys run while they eat, so they are not going from sitting in the car to sitting in a restaurant. Also, we get breakfast at a cheap fastfood place with a playground thingie. (yes, that's the official name for those...thingies)::yes::
Those pictures are adorable - looking forward to see the ones you add this year!:)
I love those places with the "Playground thingies" too. ;) Nice for the kids to burn off some energy. Being that we're going in the winter that will most likely where we'll stop more often. Sometimes instead of going to a rest stop with gps a local park and let the kids play there and take a little potty break.

I've just started my own (and 1st) PTR, if you'd like to follow along. Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to post links yet, lol, but it's titled, " My TA will be SO glad when Nov gets here- An attempt at a Nov '12 PTR"

°o° Rachel
Sent from my DROIDX using DISBoards
Awesome, I'll go check it out there. ;)

What adorable pictures of Reya on the roadtrip. I love the one at the rest stop in Wyoming.
Thanks. :)
I love your road trip pics!! I hope this road trip goes smoothly for you!!
Thanks.... I'm hoping too. :) It'll be an adventure, that's for sure.
Adorable pictures!
Thank you, glad you like. ;)

She is such a cutie. Sometimes I miss Hope have little to no hair. We love road trips also...plus I'm to cheap to fly.

Me too... I used to complain about her not having hair, but now I miss it. Was nice not having to deal with the hassles. ((washing, blow drying, brushing, styling)) Was wonderful to dress her and GO! ;)

It's so sad to learn of yet another tragedy. It just doesn't make sense. Praying for all the victims and their families. I think that's one of the most wonderful things about Disney, it's an escape to a magical, happy place.

So glad to see a post from you this morning, my friend. :hug:
:hug:

It's so sad to learn of yet another tragedy. It just doesn't make sense. Praying for all the victims and their families. I think that's one of the most wonderful things about Disney, it's an escape to a magical, happy place.
I agree! Can't wait!

My husband was telling me about this morning! What is wrong with people?!?!
No idea?!? I've been sitting on the couch all morning watching the local news... I'm about to turn it off, because I can't stand to shed another tear. I can't believe a 6 and 7 year old were killed. My kids are getting TONS and TONS of hugs and kisses today! ((Can you believe someone had a 3 month old baby there?!)) I also can't believe any parent would let their kid go to that movie, let alone at midnight. My husband mentioned it for 2 seconds that he wanted to take DD, I was like are you kidding me! :scared1:

Think I need to do some disney planning today to get my mind off of things.

Wow! What an exhausting, emotional day/night yesterday. :sad:
My friend Nikki's Best Friend was one of the victims that was killed in the theatre shooting yesterday. I'm here to ask everyone to please pray and send comforting thoughts to Rebecca's family and her beautiful little girls who have lost their mother to such a horrific tragedy.

Thank you
318864_10151074673881195_1641433250_n1.jpg

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for Rebecca and her family. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm joining in! I loved reading through what you have posted so far! You have the cutest children! And I love looking at pictures! I'm a very visual person!

I'm so happy to find someone else who is driving to Orlando! Most people think we are crazy! We are driving from Kansas (about 21 hours). Still a little less than your 30 Hours!!

I think you will definitely enjoy the cruise! You can always visit Universal next time ;)

We got park hoppers for our upcoming Nov 9-17 trip to Disney. We are only planning on using them 2 days though. Some may not think this is worth it! I'm sure you could easily get by without them!

By the way I loved your Disney bathroom! I may keep that in mind for when I have children :)

I think it will be so neat for you to stay at so many places you haven't before! We considered the Royal Room at Port Orleans. It looked really nice! But we ended up going with the Pirate room at CBR! I love Pirates of the Caribbean! pirate:

I'm really sorry you had so many problems with your TA. But glad to hear everything has worked out for you in the end!

My prayers go out to Rebecca's family and friends. What a terrible thing.

Hey friend ... haven't seen you on in a while. Hope things are well with you - we need an update! :teeth:

I'm joining in! I loved reading through what you have posted so far! You have the cutest children! And I love looking at pictures! I'm a very visual person!

I'm so happy to find someone else who is driving to Orlando! Most people think we are crazy! We are driving from Kansas (about 21 hours). Still a little less than your 30 Hours!!

I think you will definitely enjoy the cruise! You can always visit Universal next time ;)

We got park hoppers for our upcoming Nov 9-17 trip to Disney. We are only planning on using them 2 days though. Some may not think this is worth it! I'm sure you could easily get by without them!

By the way I loved your Disney bathroom! I may keep that in mind for when I have children :)

I think it will be so neat for you to stay at so many places you haven't before! We considered the Royal Room at Port Orleans. It looked really nice! But we ended up going with the Pirate room at CBR! I love Pirates of the Caribbean! pirate:

I'm really sorry you had so many problems with your TA. But glad to hear everything has worked out for you in the end!

My prayers go out to Rebecca's family and friends. What a terrible thing.

WELCOME!!! Thank you so much for stopping by.

Are you driving this year as well? Where do you stop along the way or do you just drive straight through? Where in Kansas do you live?

I Love CBR! You'll love it too! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the prayers! I'll update soon!

Hey friend ... haven't seen you on in a while. Hope things are well with you - we need an update! :teeth:

Hey there! Soooo sorry I've been away. It's been an emotionally exhausting week and I haven't thought about my trip much at all... I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things here any day now. I have to go to AAA this week to pay off the cruise, so hopefully that will jump start my Disney planning into high gear.

Disney usually gets me out of any slump, but this is different. I promise to have something posted SOON. HUGS! :goodvibes

I just got caught up. I am so sorry to hear about Rebecca. Such a shame for all the victims lost and families affected. Prayers are with her family.

Hello ALL :wave2:
I’m so sorry I’ve been gone for so long BUT I’m happy to be back.
:cheer2:
So, I guess not a lot has been done since I’ve last posted?
Yesterday we went to the travel agency and paid off the cruise portion of our trip. That’s exciting and makes things seem a little more real. We’re able to check in and schedule anything we want on the 17th of this month. I can’t wait for that!! Once I get papers in my hand from Disney I’ll feel much more at ease.

We turned in change from the kids piggy bank the other day and already have $50.00. I was afraid I would accidently spend the money if I put it up somewhere so instead I bought two Disney cards with it.
I’ve also been doing some jobs here and there for the Field agent app on my iphone and with that money have been able to get a $50.00 gift card to use at TREX or Rainforest Café. I’m hoping to earn more money so we can do both.
Then I cashed in some reward points on our Discover and ordered a $75.00 gift card for Shell gas stations, which should arrive tomorrow.
I’ll let you know how my gift card gathering comes along. ;) I’m hoping to get a bunch more to help with expenses on the trip.
I haven’t been able to buy too much for the trip yet. Just haven’t had the extra cash to do so. I really need to get on it however, so I’m not doing everything last minute.

I bought Reya a pair of PJ’s and Jayden a couple of shirts from Target though.
iphonepictures007.jpg

iphonepictures008.jpg

iphonepictures006.jpg

I also bought Jayden a backpack for the trip. He is soooo obsessed with cars. We watch it every morning. So I think he’ll love it.
iphonepictures043-1.jpg

Well that’s all I can think of for now… I’m going to get back to my planning and will update shortly.

I think the gift card gathering idea is great!

And I LOVE those pj's. I'm gonna have to go check Target.

Keep the great ideas coming!:thumbsup2

What is the field agent app? Is it easy to earn rewards?

Field agent will post jobs that need to be done at store nearby your residence. You need to volunteer for whatever job you’d like to do before someone else picks it up because it’s a first come first serve basis. You’ll get paid anywhere from $2.50-10.00 per job, depending on what it is. After it’s been completed they’ll post the money in your account and you do what you wish with it. I normally have them put it in my paypal account and I’ll go to ebay and buy gift cards that I want. It’s not something you’re going to get rich off of, but a nice way to make a few bucks here and there especially if youre out and about anyway. An example of a few jobs I’ve done recently are: I had to go to walmart to make sure they had a certain laundry soap on the shelf and that it was priced correctly. So I had to answer a few questions and send them a picture. They also have mystery shopping type jobs. They’ll have you to go to a store and interact with the persons that do the samples and afterwards answer a few questions. Most jobs lead me to Walmart, Sams Club, Walgreens, Target, and my local grocery store. Their website is fieldagent.net. Once again you don’t make a bunch of money, but I’ve made about $400.00 in the last year. It really help feed us on our last Disneyland trip.

Glad to see you back and posting again! :flower3:

Those pj's for Reya are adorable! And I love the backpack and t-shirts for Jayden. Are you keeping those as surprises for the trip or giving them early? I'd love to know the reaction on the backpack, especially.

The giftcards are a great idea, too. Our local Kroger is giving 4x fuel rewards right now on any giftcard purchase, so we're going to go turn some of our spending money into cards.

Go you for paying off the cruise portion! :yay: What excursions do you think you'll plan?

88 Days until vacation!!!!!!!!!

4 more days until I can do online check-in and set up my activites for my cruise!! I'm going to be up extra early that day!! YAY!!!!

So I have a question for my DIS friends. I think we're going to save one of our TS credits for a character breakfast the morning of our cruise. I'm either looking at CAPE MAY or 1900 Park Fare? Can I please, please, please get some advice, comments, suggestions, ANYTHING on these two. Which one should I choose?? I want to make reservations TODAY, so the sooner the better.

I'm begging even you lurkers to come out if you have anything that might be helpful!! Thanks in advance. ;)

Sorry! Haven't been to either!! I think at 1900 Park Fare you get Alice and the Mad Hatter and that could be fun! At Cape May you get traditional characters in beach outfits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter