Off to see Mickey MEOWS and Snow WIPE again!! A Nov 2012 PTR! W/Pictures

Try calling them directly. I have heard they don't load many spots into the Disney Dining system!! Good Luck!
Thank you. BTW drove through Pueblo yesterday to visit Royal Gorge. Have you been there? It's beautiful.
excited for you and all the changes! :)
Thank you! Me toooooo. :hyper:

Wow, 4 separate reservations!? Geez, that will be exciting!!

I am like you, I don't think I could use a travel agent for a Disney vacation. Is there a benefit to using them? I think it is so easy to go directly through Disney.
I won't ever to it again. We went through AAA which offers quite a bit of extra incentives. Discounts on a bunch of shopping, prefered seating for fireworks, 10% discount on rooms, etc, etc... On the cruise we also get a free photo package worth $100.00. It probably wouldnt have been bad except I got a crappy travel agent. So much easier to do everything by myself. Ohhh well.. you live you learn.

When we went to TRex in June 2010, I had called them directly to make the resv. When we were there last month, we kept changing our plans with all the rain. So one day, my DSIL and DBIL took my girls to HS, and my DH and I took my DS to DTD. Wasn't sure where we wanted to eat at the time, but while there we decided on TRex. I tried calling Disney Dining from my cell but the times they offered were too late in the day for us. Finally we just walked up to the podium (it was a short line) and they got us in within 15 min. So I guess at this point you could probably either call them directly or call Disney dining.

BTW, my DH and I had the nachos for 2 and they were sooo yummy!! Wish I could have some today!:goodvibes

And on another note, we did finally get to "Brave" and we absolutely loved it!!!:lovestruc
Great, thank you for the advice. They were yummy... Ohhhh I'm craving them like crazy right now. ::yes:: I'm glad you liked Brave!!

Thank you. BTW drove through Pueblo yesterday to visit Royal Gorge. Have you been there? It's beautiful.
Thank you! Me toooooo. :hyper:

When we were first looking at houses in CO we drove by the exit for the Royal Gorge but we didn't stop. My hubby took a friend a few months ago NEAR there but they didn't cross the bridge... We are all scared of heights so not the best thing for us!! :rolleyes2 I want to do the Royal Gorge dinner train though!!

We've been to the Royal gorge several times; and it is awesome. In fact my oldest DD did her "bridging" there from Brownies to Jr. Girl Scouts. Pretty symbolic huh?;)

This past weekend, we stayed 1 night in Colo. Springs and did the Cheyenne Mtn Zoo and just enjoyed the hotel pool. We love that zoo too! We're pretty lucky with our zoos here in Colo. We're still trying to get together with my DSIL and the cousins to see the new Elephant Passage at the Denver Zoo. We think this Thurs will work. Was it cool when you went?

Wow!! I think our kids are A LOT alike...many of the same interests and sounds like they have same personalities!! Callie was sitting here looking at your DD after BBB and she really wants to do it! I told her not this trip because it's going to be SO HOT...but next time we go (we plan on going Dec. of 2014!! She ok with this...she really wants her face painted!

And I have to chuckle....so many of your Concerns with your DS are my same concerns! Like in the Land while we do soarin?!?! I think (hopefully) I'll have the boys ride the Land while we do soarin!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your PTR!! I'm jealous of your cruise!! but NOT jealous of your drive!! My kids may be able to handle it...but I could not!!!

When we were first looking at houses in CO we drove by the exit for the Royal Gorge but we didn't stop. My hubby took a friend a few months ago NEAR there but they didn't cross the bridge... We are all scared of heights so not the best thing for us!! :rolleyes2 I want to do the Royal Gorge dinner train though!!
The price to get in is pretty insane, but the view is amazing. Reya had a little beaded necklace. (One of those mardi gra type).. She dropped it on the bridge and it slithered though one of the cracks on the bridge. That was a disaster and she was debbie downer the rest of the day. I just hope some poor bystander didn't get hit in the head down below. :scared: You'll have to go sometime.
We've been to the Royal gorge several times; and it is awesome. In fact my oldest DD did her "bridging" there from Brownies to Jr. Girl Scouts. Pretty symbolic huh?;)

This past weekend, we stayed 1 night in Colo. Springs and did the Cheyenne Mtn Zoo and just enjoyed the hotel pool. We love that zoo too! We're pretty lucky with our zoos here in Colo. We're still trying to get together with my DSIL and the cousins to see the new Elephant Passage at the Denver Zoo. We think this Thurs will work. Was it cool when you went?
You're right. Colorado Springs Zoo is one heck of a workout too, but its a beautiful zoo. The new Elephant passage at the Denver zoo is really neat. I love all of the little details they put into the theming of it. ((Reminds me of Disney)) They brought in a few new animals too, which was really nice. Going in the middle of the week is probably the best idea. Do you have a zoo membership? My Dad bought us one a couple of months ago and we love having it. It's nice to just go for a couple of hours and being able to leave without feeling like you wasted money. I LOVE our zoo, we're very lucky to have it.
Wow!! I think our kids are A LOT alike...many of the same interests and sounds like they have same personalities!! Callie was sitting here looking at your DD after BBB and she really wants to do it! I told her not this trip because it's going to be SO HOT...but next time we go (we plan on going Dec. of 2014!! She ok with this...she really wants her face painted!

And I have to chuckle....so many of your Concerns with your DS are my same concerns! Like in the Land while we do soarin?!?! I think (hopefully) I'll have the boys ride the Land while we do soarin!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your PTR!! I'm jealous of your cruise!! but NOT jealous of your drive!! My kids may be able to handle it...but I could not!!!

Thanks for stopping by. :goodvibes Our kids DO sound a LOT alike! Imagine the chaos if our two boys got together for a couple of hours... :duck:

CHANGES
Well, like I mentioned before we had to make some changes to the first portion of our trip. Here they are thus far!

1. I couldn’t find any openings for TREX café, so I had to make reservations at Planet Hollywood on November 12th. I’m still hopeful that we can just walk into TREX and get a table, but if not I have set reservations for Planet Hollywood just in case.

235594624226952348_SlOaulan_c1.jpg

2. On the 12th we’re going to take DS to ridemakerz to design his own car. Has anyone done this before? Is it worth the money?

159877855492096836_hmh6Ey89_c1.jpg

3. We’re no longer going to be staying at AoA when we arrive, we’re now staying at

PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE in one of the ROYAL GUEST ROOMS

5259_44_b1.jpg

With FREE Dinning

So for those of you who are keeping track, we’ll be staying at three different hotels on this trip. ((Plus the Disney Dream)) That’s 4 **NEW** things right there!! The only Disney resorts we’ve stayed at before is CBR and All Star Movies. So of course we’re SUPER excited!:cool1:

November-12th-15th- Port Orleans Riverside
November 15th-18th- Disney Dream
November 18th-21st- AoA Little Mermaid
November 21st-23rd- POP

Hi there, I'm honoring your PTR with my 1st DIS post! lol I'm planning a trip for Nov 14-20, so we'll be there at the same time, two different times, if that makes sense... it sounded good in my head anyway. I think I may start my own PTR, maybe we can compare notes/plans! Good luck!

That's funny, the only onsite resorts we had stayed in were CBR and AsMO in 2003; until this year when we tried out the Poly and AKV which we loved both. But we still do love Windsor Hills where we rent a house and its just so relaxing and not so spread out. We do like to mix it up periodically with new places too.:thumbsup2

And yes we do have an annual pass to the zoo. I agree its nice to go for few hours and not worry about the cost.:)

Checking out your PTR - wow...sounds FANTASTIC!:thumbsup2 Sorry about TREX. We went in 2011 and the boys loved it, after the initial "loudness" wore off.;) Loved Jayden's startled look by the way!
My in-laws often stay at Port Orleans. I've never been to that one, but they love it. If you need any info for where to stay in the Atlanta area, I can help you out there! Just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction of more family friendly areas.
Can't wait to read more -and see what firsts you are planning for each day!:goodvibes

I love that you put old pictures in you report...I'm gonna have to go dig up my old ones and put some in.

Congrats on the no sodas. If you stay away from them long enough, they won't taste good anymore. I think it was about 6 months...now I can't stand the way they taste.

Hi there, I'm honoring your PTR with my 1st DIS post! lol I'm planning a trip for Nov 14-20, so we'll be there at the same time, two different times, if that makes sense... it sounded good in my head anyway. I think I may start my own PTR, maybe we can compare notes/plans! Good luck!
:welcome: I feel privileged to be your first! :thanks:

Would love to compare notes. :thumbsup2

That's funny, the only onsite resorts we had stayed in were CBR and AsMO in 2003; until this year when we tried out the Poly and AKV which we loved both. But we still do love Windsor Hills where we rent a house and its just so relaxing and not so spread out. We do like to mix it up periodically with new places too.:thumbsup2

And yes we do have an annual pass to the zoo. I agree its nice to go for few hours and not worry about the cost.:)
So excited to try out three new hotels all in one trip! :cheer2: I've never been to Windsor Hills but I've heard good things. We stayed at Lighthouse Key once and LOVED it.

Checking out your PTR - wow...sounds FANTASTIC!:thumbsup2 Sorry about TREX. We went in 2011 and the boys loved it, after the initial "loudness" wore off.;) Loved Jayden's startled look by the way!
My in-laws often stay at Port Orleans. I've never been to that one, but they love it. If you need any info for where to stay in the Atlanta area, I can help you out there! Just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction of more family friendly areas.
Can't wait to read more -and see what firsts you are planning for each day!:goodvibes
Hello.... I think I'm going to take advice from some other readers and see if I can get reservations directly through TREX.. BUT... sitting here today I'm starting to rethink my plans for the day of our arrival anyway. DHS is open until 11:00 pm the night we arrive, so now I'm thinking about adding an extra day to our tickets and going there for dinner, a couple of rides, and Fantasmic? ((Just a thought)) :idea: We'd only be there for a few hours, but only $30.00 total for an extra day isn't too bad?

Is Mcdonough an okay area to stay in? I'm hoping not to hit any bad traffic in the morning.

I love that you put old pictures in you report...I'm gonna have to go dig up my old ones and put some in.

Congrats on the no sodas. If you stay away from them long enough, they won't taste good anymore. I think it was about 6 months...now I can't stand the way they taste.

THANK YOU.... I LOVE sharing my photos.

I hate to admit, I've had a couple of sodas recently. I'm trying to NOt let it discourage me though, because I'm still not drinking them everyday. I've had 3 this week. :sad2: Being that I was drinking 5 a DAY that's still pretty good, right? Thanks for reading. ;)

Your plans look great! Love the change, I can't wait to see pics from the a royal Guest Room! What a special trip you are planning.

I couldn't find any TRex reservations online either so I called them directly and had no problem getting an ADR.

Don't be too hard on yourself about the soda. You are doing great!:thumbsup2

During the 16 years DH and I have been together we’ve been on MANY Road-trips. I don’t know the exact number, but it’s safe to say at least 14. Flying is so expensive these days especially with all the baggage and hidden fees, plus it absolutely terrifies me. :scared1: The only time I fly is if I find an amazing deal, I have a short vacation, or there’s an emergency.

DH and I took our first road trip back in 1996 during my senior year of high school for Spring Break. We had just started dating and were going to Augusta Georgia with my best friend to visit another friend of ours that was stationed in the army there. The three of us drove in an 85 Honda Accord hatchback ((Small Car)):crowded: and drove straight through. I think we stayed the night at a rest stop one night, which wasn’t comfortable to say the least but it was quite an adventure for 3 teenagers. What I find really interesting is that gas was only 95 cents a gallon. (Could you imagine) Wow, I feel old. :eek: And our latest Road trip was only 8 months ago when we drove to Vegas, SanDiego, and Anaheim.
Reya is 6 years old and has been on 6 road trips. Jayden is 2 ½ and has been on 2 road trips.
Luckily we have an amazing new 2012 Honda Odysey, so this should be a nice smooth trip. ((I hope))
Just for fun I thought I would post some pictures of our past Disney Road-Trips… Hope you enjoy.. Disney photos will be coming soon.

**Reya right before her 1st road trip to Disney World. We were packing up the car and she was super excited to leave while wearing her 1st pair of mickey ears she got from DLR.
CIMG2185.jpg

**will and Reya stretching their legs at a rest stop (2007)
CIMG2197.jpg

**will and Reya crashed out in our hotel room (2007)
CIMG2218.jpg

**Playing on a teeter totter at a rest stop in Metropolis Ill.
CIMG2272.jpg

**Stopping to eat at a Cracker barrel for the first time somewhere in Tenn.
CIMG2284.jpg

**Arriving in Florida (2007)
IMG_2774.jpg

These are a few pictures of the Grand Canyon on our way to Disneyland
Picture11242.jpg

Picture11247.jpg

Picture11238.jpg

**I really miss my kids being small enough to fit into these little jump-a-roos. They were so nice to take to the hotels to keep the kids busy and out of the way.
Picture11260.jpg

**Stopping to smell some flowers at a rest stop in Georgia.
IMG_2770.jpg

**One of my favorite pictures of Reya... Took at a rest stop in Wyoming
Roadtrip084.jpg

**Doing some shopping at a Rest stop in Wyoming
Roadtrip129.jpg

**During all of our road trips we make sure to take a 10 minute walk every time we stop to rest. Sitting in a car all day can be hard sometimes.
Roadtrip056.jpg

**mickey enjoying his ride home.
Roadtrip058.jpg

Is Mcdonough an okay area to stay in? I'm hoping not to hit any bad traffic in the morning.

Mcdonough is quite nice, right off the interstate and still close enough to the city food variety. Yet...it's on the opposite side of Atlanta, going AWAY from the 9 lanes of sitting.:woohoo: Should have no problems with travel. When you get a day or two before you head this way, check out http://www.georgianavigator.com Look up construction - they usually have several areas in the lower part of the state they are working on at some point. And also be careful within Macon and about 45 miles south of there...LOTS of speed traps from state patrol!:headache:

We love road trips too - though the longest we have done has been 10.5 hrs. We always stop at a Subway or Publix or Blimpie and grab subs and take them to a rest area. That is ALWAYS our lunch going and coming. Let's the boys run while they eat, so they are not going from sitting in the car to sitting in a restaurant. Also, we get breakfast at a cheap fastfood place with a playground thingie. (yes, that's the official name for those...thingies)::yes::
Those pictures are adorable - looking forward to see the ones you add this year!:)

reyasmommy said:
:welcome: I feel privileged to be your first! :thanks:

Would love to compare notes. :thumbsup2

I've just started my own (and 1st) PTR, if you'd like to follow along. Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to post links yet, lol, but it's titled, " My TA will be SO glad when Nov gets here- An attempt at a Nov '12 PTR"

°o° Rachel
Sent from my DROIDX using DISBoards

She is such a cutie. Sometimes I miss Hope have little to no hair. We love road trips also...plus I'm to cheap to fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!