October 24, 2013 Disney Dream

Hi, I just read that The Dream will have a Special Hallowe'en event as well! So excited as we LOVE Hallowe'en. I now have a few thoughts going thru my mind as to what my FE's will be! I think I will dress up as well on the ship! Why not? Now to start sourcing costumes!! lol

Small World indeed. When we cruise, which isn't normally often, we rarely know of any other Coloradoans onboard. With 3 gals from Colorado in you're group just how large is the group you're sailing with?

There are 6 of us all together! 3 from Colorado, 2 from Los Angeles and 1 from Memphis!! :dance3:

Hi everybody! I just wanted to announce that we are planning a Peter Pan Pub Crawl for the first night, for anybody (who is of legal drinking age) that wants to join! :dance3:

Hi again, fellow Oct Dream cruisers!

Can anyone give me a quick FE/ Exchange lesson? I get that people decorate their door and I think I get the FE that hang next to the door, but other than that, I don't really get it! We have 3 families/cabins on our cruise (2 with little kids) and we'd like to take part, but not sure exactly how.

Thanks!

Hi again, fellow Oct Dream cruisers!

Can anyone give me a quick FE/ Exchange lesson? I get that people decorate their door and I think I get the FE that hang next to the door, but other than that, I don't really get it! We have 3 families/cabins on our cruise (2 with little kids) and we'd like to take part, but not sure exactly how.

Thanks!

Hi! I am so glad that you want to join! My name is Molly and I am compiling the FE list for our cruise :thumbsup2: Here are the basic guidelines:

1. Each cabin that is participating in the exchange will hang a "fish extender" next to their door during their cruise. (You can either make or buy your fish extender - a lot of people sell them on ebay and etsy)

2. Each cabin that is participating will prepare a small gift for the other participants in the exchange group. The gifts may be homemade or store-bought, anything that you would like to give! Some examples of gifts we have received are magnets, stickers, small bottles of alcohol, keychains, picture frames, bracelets etc. ***You can either give a gift for each cabin, or a gift to each individual person, the choice is up to you!

3. At some point during the cruise, you will deliver the gifts you prepared to the other participants in the group. I will have a list of everybody's cabin number posted here before the cruise and I will also bring copies of the cabins to the group meet-up on the first day.

That's pretty much it! If you would like to participate, let me know the names of each person participating, the cabin they will be in, their ages and if they are male of female and I will add you to the list! And if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask!

PS its so cool that you guys are taking such a big family group on this trip! I love it!

Ok, so I know that this is a controversial topic for some people, but in light of the fact that this group is a little sleepy, I am going to create a facebook group for us in hopes that we can generate a little more chatter between everybody :surfweb: I will post the link here and you can also find me on facebook and feel free to add me if you need help finding it :) My name is Molly Gaumond :p

https://www.facebook.com/groups/552654141461501/

We are doing the Paid-In-Full dance!!! We just checked in and we got an 11:00 AM port time!! Has anybody else checked in? I noticed all the arrival times were still available....?

PIF! PIF! PIF!

:cool1::banana::banana::yay::woohoo:

We are doing the Paid-In-Full dance!!! We just checked in and we got an 11:00 AM port time!! Has anybody else checked in? I noticed all the arrival times were still available....?

PIF! PIF! PIF!

:cool1::banana::banana::yay::woohoo:

We checked in too last Friday and got an 11:00 check in time!

Ok, so I know that this is a controversial topic for some people, but in light of the fact that this group is a little sleepy, I am going to create a facebook group for us in hopes that we can generate a little more chatter between everybody :surfweb: I will post the link here and you can also find me on facebook and feel free to add me if you need help finding it :) My name is Molly Gaumond :p

https://www.facebook.com/groups/552654141461501/

Thanks for doing this! Just sent a request to join.

Hi everybody! I just wanted to announce that we are planning a Peter Pan Pub Crawl for the first night, for anybody (who is of legal drinking age) that wants to join! :dance3:

:rotfl: I've never heard of the Peter Pan Pub Crawl before. What exactly is involved? I'm sure he won't be there; however, if Pan the Man were to show up I certainly wouldn't miss it. ;)

We'd like to be included in the FE also:

Sharon
Wendy
room 7673

:rotfl: I've never heard of the Peter Pan Pub Crawl before. What exactly is involved? I'm sure he won't be there; however, if Pan the Man were to show up I certainly wouldn't miss it. ;)

We'd like to be included in the FE also:

Sharon
Wendy
room 7673

Peter Pan Pub Crawl is our new idea to incorporate our favorite things (classic Disney movies, trivia, themed costumes and drinking) into a social pub crawl! We will hit 8 bars on the boat over the coarse of 2 hours. At each location a peter-pan-themed drink will be assigned and encouraged (but participants may drink what they want - non-alcoholic is ok too!). A Peter Pan trivia question will be asked at each bar with a prize for the best answers given at the end. Peter Pan themed clothing is highly encouraged! And maybe a lanyard to commemorate the event? What do you think?!

"But Peter, how do we get to Neverland?"

"You DRINK of a wonderful thought!"

"Ill DRINK of a mermaid lagoon - underneath a magic moon!"

"I'll DRINK I'm in a pirate's cave!"

"I'll DRINK I'll be an Indian Brave!"

Intrigued yet?! If so, you can join the fun with us the first night (probably around 10, I will post details closer to the cruise!)

Second BAR to the right and straight on til morning! (Ok thats my last Peter Pan Pun tonight, I promise!)

And I am updating the fe list now!

Peter Pan Pub Crawl is our new idea to incorporate our favorite things (classic Disney movies, trivia, themed costumes and drinking) into a social pub crawl! We will hit 8 bars on the boat over the coarse of 2 hours. At each location a peter-pan-themed drink will be assigned and encouraged (but participants may drink what they want - non-alcoholic is ok too!). A Peter Pan trivia question will be asked at each bar with a prize for the best answers given at the end. Peter Pan themed clothing is highly encouraged! And maybe a lanyard to commemorate the event? What do you think?!

"But Peter, how do we get to Neverland?"

"You DRINK of a wonderful thought!"

"Ill DRINK of a mermaid lagoon - underneath a magic moon!"

"I'll DRINK I'm in a pirate's cave!"

"I'll DRINK I'll be an Indian Brave!"

Intrigued yet?! If so, you can join the fun with us the first night (probably around 10, I will post details closer to the cruise!)

Second BAR to the right and straight on til morning! (Ok thats my last Peter Pan Pun tonight, I promise!)

And I am updating the fe list now!

:lmao: That sounds amazing & fun. Very intriguing. :thumbsup2 I'll have to think about it though. I certainly wouldn't be able to have a drink at every venue & I don't think my friend Wendy is a big drinker either. I do :love: the idea of it being Peter Pan based though. Maybe we could come for the 1st few venues at least.

:lmao: That sounds amazing & fun. Very intriguing. :thumbsup2 I'll have to think about it though. I certainly wouldn't be able to have a drink at every venue & I don't think my friend Wendy is a big drinker either. I do :love: the idea of it being Peter Pan based though. Maybe we could come for the 1st few venues at least.

You can tag along without drinking or drink non-alcoholic drinks if you want - We wont make you walk the plank ;)

You can tag along without drinking or drink non-alcoholic drinks if you want - We wont make you walk the plank ;)

:) Thanks, I appreciate that. My preference for the evening for the Peter Pan Bar Crawl would be the 1st night (embarkation evening). I know with a short 3 day cruise it doesn't really give us much options.

We haven't online checked in yet & won't be requesting a port arrival time because we'll be taking the DCL bus from Wilderness Lodge at WDW.

:) Thanks, I appreciate that. My preference for the evening for the Peter Pan Bar Crawl would be the 1st night (embarkation evening). I know with a short 3 day cruise it doesn't really give us much options.

We haven't online checked in yet & won't be requesting a port arrival time because we'll be taking the DCL bus from Wilderness Lodge at WDW.

Well you are in luck, because we are planning it for the first night! That way we wont iss pirates night or Halloween festivities ;) Plus it will give us all an opportunity to get to have fun together right away! :hug:

Hi! I am so glad that you want to join! My name is Molly and I am compiling the FE list for our cruise :thumbsup2: Here are the basic guidelines:

1. Each cabin that is participating in the exchange will hang a "fish extender" next to their door during their cruise. (You can either make or buy your fish extender - a lot of people sell them on ebay and etsy)

2. Each cabin that is participating will prepare a small gift for the other participants in the exchange group. The gifts may be homemade or store-bought, anything that you would like to give! Some examples of gifts we have received are magnets, stickers, small bottles of alcohol, keychains, picture frames, bracelets etc. ***You can either give a gift for each cabin, or a gift to each individual person, the choice is up to you!

3. At some point during the cruise, you will deliver the gifts you prepared to the other participants in the group. I will have a list of everybody's cabin number posted here before the cruise and I will also bring copies of the cabins to the group meet-up on the first day.

That's pretty much it! If you would like to participate, let me know the names of each person participating, the cabin they will be in, their ages and if they are male of female and I will add you to the list! And if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask!

PS its so cool that you guys are taking such a big family group on this trip! I love it!

Thanks so much....it sounds like a lot of fun! I am going to check with the other families cruising with us and see if they want to participate and I'll definitely get back to you.

Honestly, we've never done a family trip like this, so I'm a little nervous! :laughing: I am definitely the Disney addict and planner in the group, so I hope everyone is as "into" it as I am! Either way, I'm going to make sure we have a great time :)

Thanks again!

Hi, my husband & I are in! Peter Pan crawl- here I come! Count us in!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter