• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2015 Car Rental Watch

I saw this info in another thread: contract ID 7016427 and Visa coupon code AD2338fdf.

Booked with this and my price went down, plus there are no indications that it is ineligible for U.S. residents. I think the vroom vroom code is fine as well, but for all the nervous people out there give this one a try. I switched because it was cheaper, but YMMV.

Still looking for a good deal from Dollar. Nothing yet....I check 3X a day. Will do the Alamo for a back up. I've gotten one week rentals for a low as $125 all in. Seems like rates are not dropping like they used to.

I saw this info in another thread: contract ID 7016427 and Visa coupon code AD2338fdf.

Booked with this and my price went down, plus there are no indications that it is ineligible for U.S. residents. I think the vroom vroom code is fine as well, but for all the nervous people out there give this one a try. I switched because it was cheaper, but YMMV.
I just used these codes and my rental went from 171 to 109!!! That's for 10/20-10/27

I just googled this contract ID number- isn't it for Costco members? If so a Costco membership card is required.

I wonder if this is like what they told me with that other code though, that it has to be booked by a TA or it will become void?

I had an Alamo mid size SUV booked for Oct 17-24 for $248. I made a new res with these codes and it dropped to $215. Thanks for posting this. I kept my old res just in case there is an issue with the codes but if it works then this is a nice savings!

Tampa, Alamo Premium Car, October 27 - November 6 (10 days, zero hours) through Costco Travel, $286.36.

Are these prices that are being posted here do they include taxes??
I just booked Dollar Tampa 10/31 for 10 days 0 hours for $267.50 Base Rate for a Mini Van I will owe $135 in taxes when I pick up the car

Are these prices that are being posted here do they include taxes??
I just booked Dollar Tampa 10/31 for 10 days 0 hours for $267.50 Base Rate for a Mini Van I will owe $135 in taxes when I pick up the car

Mine is. It's a Base Rate of $172.27 plus 114.09 in taxes for a total of $286.36. I declined all of the optional equipment.

Last edited:
Mine is. It's a Base Rate of $172.27 plus 114.09 in taxes for a total of $286.36. I declined all of the optional equipment.

I just checked Costco and the rate for a mini van is $470.00 so dollar is still cheaper

Thanks for posting. It dropped my rental by $22. (or 5 Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwiches) Oct 23-28/Minivan for $222 inclusive.

Where does the coupon come from? Won't you need to print it out to use it?

I'm using the Alamo coupon code that we are all a little skeptical of but I've also been watching for a backup plan. Today is the first day I found anything good.

I just reserved a car at Dollar for almost the same price as the Alamo car. ($184 for 5 days) I know a lot of people are looking for minivans, but I'm not sure how those prices compare.

No discount or coupon.

I'm using the Alamo coupon code that we are all a little skeptical of but I've also been watching for a backup plan. Today is the first day I found anything good.

I just reserved a car at Dollar for almost the same price as the Alamo car. ($184 for 5 days) I know a lot of people are looking for minivans, but I'm not sure how those prices compare.

No discount or coupon.

Woohoo! Maybe this is the start of a gradual downward trend! :thumbsup2

My 8 day rental is finally down below $200. I currently have a standard reserved at Alamo for $196.74 including tax.

Used the following from Car Rental Savers:

NEW! Alamo Coupon, Free Day through 2015! Get a free day on your next weekly rental - use Alamo coupon code AF5365ODH. Valid on 5 day rental of Compact through Full Size Car , use for rental pickup by 12/31/15. A Saturday night keep is required. Blackouts may apply, no printout required, not valid in Manhattan. Coupon applied to total price.

EXTENDED! Alamo Discount, up to 20% off nationwide! For up to 20% off use Alamo contract ID 7014926. Valid for rental pickup by 12/31/15. No printouts required, blackouts may apply.

I am hoping nothing has changed since our last Alamo rental in 2014.....there is no "standard" aisle at MCO, correct? So a reservation for a standard will still entitle us to a vehicle from the full size aisle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter