October 2015 Car Rental Watch

Anyone having issues with Alamo site. I want to see if my rates dropped, and the entire page wont load. I have tried two different computers and two different browsers??:confused3

Having LOTS of problems with the ALAMO site for WEEKS!!! The coupon I used to book my reservation apparently has been closed as it has reached capacity. I cannot use the coupon to search for a future reservation (to see if my rates dropped). HOWEVER, the website won't let me look up my current reservation online nor do online check in, as I get an error message about the coupon! When I call the automated phone reservation line, my reservations are intact, coupon and all (my coupon is the Visa AD2338FDF). Anyone know a workaround so I do not have to stop at the counter?

Why would you need to go to the counter? Tampa is one of the "Skip the Counter" locations. Simply do online check-in, then bypass ticket check-in.

Why would you need to go to the counter? Tampa is one of the "Skip the Counter" locations. Simply do online check-in, then bypass ticket check-in.

The website will not let me see my reservations and will not allow me to do online checkin, both quoting unable to apply coupon/proceding without coupon and that is where it ends. It will not allow me to see the next screen. Frustrating!!

Having LOTS of problems with the ALAMO site for WEEKS!!! The coupon I used to book my reservation apparently has been closed as it has reached capacity. I cannot use the coupon to search for a future reservation (to see if my rates dropped). HOWEVER, the website won't let me look up my current reservation online nor do online check in, as I get an error message about the coupon! When I call the automated phone reservation line, my reservations are intact, coupon and all (my coupon is the Visa AD2338FDF). Anyone know a workaround so I do not have to stop at the counter?

Hmm.. I guess I need to check this. I have been wondering why when I try to get a new quote now it is som much higher? I have a ressie with this code also, so does that mean they are not going to honor this reservation? The current quote for my ressie is $518.14 for a Mini-van, and my existing ressie that i have been trying to beat for a month is $238.89! I am going in December but still following all of these threads! I don't know why it is more than double!!!

i was able to get my Dollar reservation down a bit $178.XX for 9 days 10/29-11/7 using AAA rate thats about 50 bucks less than I started most recently down 20

i was able to get my Dollar reservation down a bit $178.XX for 9 days 10/29-11/7 using AAA rate thats about 50 bucks less than I started most recently down 20
Thanks for the post Dollar is now $27. less than my Alamo rental :) Joan

How many tolls are on the way from the airport to Disney? Should I just let them added it to my bill at the car rental desk? Do the tolls only accept cash or credit cards too?

It honestly is not worth it to add the toll pass. You pay a daily fee plus the amount of the tolls. I believe I took $10 in quarters last time and didn't have an issue there or back!

So I have been stalking this thread and Costco website and had a reservation for Alamo using the Brazil Code but I had many concerns. I just jumped on priceline and was able to get a minivan for 3 weeks(we're adopting a baby in Ocala during our trip so I needed 3 weeks) for $638 for October 24th through the 14th of November. It is with Avis. I am a wizard member, but I just read that I can't use it on my reservation. So, no bypassing the counter. I am beyond worried now because I have read a lot of reviews on yelp and I am really concerned about the customer service and their pushiness for insurance. I am an Insurance Agent for a really large company so I will have the copy of my declarations page showing the specific coverage for loss of use. I was wondering if anyone has had any positive experiences with them lately! Thanks!

Melissa

The rental gods were shining on me today. I happened to be checking my National rental for next Friday. 10/23. I was sitting on $464 for 15 days (executive aisle-guaranteed full size). I punched in my numbers and the rate was $303 total. I rebooked so fast and glad I did. Minutes later it was back to $464. I checked my confirmation against my original just to make sure I didn't make an AM vs PM mistake and all looked good. Not sure why the drop and only for a few minutes. This breaks down to about $99 a week before taxes. National is always my first choice so am happy right now. But sadly, it did go back up. I do stalk the website about 4 times a day or whenever I'm on my ipad. This happened around 2:00PM today if anyone is looking at a pattern.

I just got an offer through Southwest for Budget using these codes:
Coupon Number: MUAZ023
Budget Customer Discount (BCD): U072756
I didn't look at everything, but an SUV was $235 with all fees for a week.

I just got a Alamo Minivan thru Costco travel for end of Oct/beginning of Nov for $234. Whew! Last week it was over $450 on Costco although I had it reserved thru another discount for $309 so I appreciate the drop.

Last edited:
11 day rental starting 10/29
Had an Intermediate with Enterprise for $408 with tax included. I just got a Full-Size from Alamo for $316 with tax included.

I got the rates through Costco Travel.

This rental is now down to 266. But instead of getting this, I upgraded to a Intermediate SUV for 350. This kills me because I could have had this for 330 back in June but thought that was too much and expected it to go down.

My rental is now for an 11 day Intermediate SUV at Alamo for $352 fees included rented through Costco. I will continue to check daily for price drops as they seem to be coming about every other day.

Well...I feel like a complete idiot for having used priceline and now I am stuck, and the van rates have severely dropped. What would have been over $1400 for a van for three weeks from Alamo is now down to $673 with the Costco membership and the Visa Code. The good news is I had not done anything for my parents rental October 31st through November 7th. I was able to secure a mini van for them for 183.99 including all fees from Alamo and used the Costco membership number(they are members) and the Visa code. Just wanted to report that it seems like prices are dropping for sure.

Check those rates! Just rebooked with Avis through Costco. $172 total for 10/24-11/4!

Edited to add- just went to the Avis site and was able to get it down to $157 by doing pay it now. I'm 3 days out from arrival and pretty satisfied with the price!

Last edited:
I was just on Costco to see if the rates dropped again. I noticed that an 11 day SUV rental was $250 all-in at Budget and Avis was at $266

I reserved the AVIS deal

If you have a Capital One travel rewards card, check their rates. I just got a minivan for 8 days 10/31 - 11/7 for $163 from Dollar. That's about $100 less than I was getting from Alamo with the Vegas Brazil + Visa combo.

I just got a Alamo Minivan thru Costco travel for end of Oct/beginning of Nov for $234. Whew! Last week it was over $450 on Costco although I had it reserved thru another discount for $309 so I appreciate the drop.

So I rebooked yesterday at $202 and cancelled and rebooked today at $184. 7 Days Minivan.

With the Visa coupon code and Alamo contact ID and checking every couple of days I have managed to shave almost $100 off of our mini van rental.

I was just on Costco to see if the rates dropped again. I noticed that an 11 day SUV rental was $250 all-in at Budget and Avis was at $266

I reserved the AVIS deal
6 days until I arrive and it looks like the prices are on the rise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter