October 2015 Car Rental Watch

I got great deal with codes on Midsize SUV thru Alamo for my trip in Oct.
Looking for some info on what Midsize SUV I should expect
I have a double stroller and will have 2 bags and wanted make sure I will have room before I tried to find something else

Last trip I had a Chevy Equinox, which was pretty roomy. I have a large Convaid chair, it's like a huge stroller that does not fold up that well. I have had many different Mid SUVs using Alamo at MCO. Including a Nissan Murano, that was luxurious. And Hyundai Tucson, Dodge Nitro (a few years ago). In April, when I took the Equinox, there was a HUMMER on the line, I kid you not. (Smallest Hummer I think).

Last trip I had a Chevy Equinox, which was pretty roomy. I have a large Convaid chair, it's like a huge stroller that does not fold up that well. I have had many different Mid SUVs using Alamo at MCO. Including a Nissan Murano, that was luxurious. And Hyundai Tucson, Dodge Nitro (a few years ago). In April, when I took the Equinox, there was a HUMMER on the line, I kid you not. (Smallest Hummer I think).

Thank you so much for the response, I will keep my quote for the MidSized SUV

Bumping up. Anyone seeing any kind of movement on their October rates lately? After dropping (bit by bit, over a series of multiple days) a couple of weeks ago by a substantial margin, my 8-day full size rental with Alamo has stayed exactly the same.

Bumping up. Anyone seeing any kind of movement on their October rates lately? After dropping (bit by bit, over a series of multiple days) a couple of weeks ago by a substantial margin, my 8-day full size rental with Alamo has stayed exactly the same.

My minivan rate has not moved in weeks. Still sitting at $221 for 6 days. I would love to shave at least another $50 off. Patiently waiting :bored:

Just booked 7 passenger minivan 6 days Oct. 22-27 thru Alamo for $214.50, additional driver included using the above contract and coupon codes. This was actually $10 cheaper than when I had checked yesterday so I plan on checking often to see if it keeps coming down. If anyone has any problems using these at pickup please let us know. Thanks.

We don't like to drive on property, so we're planning to do one-way rentals on arrival day (from Sanford airport) and on departure day (to Tampa airport). Advice is appreciated - we haven't rented a car at Disney before!

I can't find anything better than this mysterious Vegas Brazil code for Alamo, so I'm going with it for now for our trip 10/31-11/7.

7-Passenger Minivan for 8 days for a total price of $263.15.

It says CDW and 1 additional driver included.

I used the following
Alamo
contract ID 7016427
coupon code AD2338fdf

Does anyone know what this coupon and contract ID is for? I just booked a vehicle using it for our upcoming October trip...it says Vegas Brazil on it. I hope we don't have to show any ID or company badge or something for it. Anyone know where this came from?

Thanks!

I used the following
Alamo
contract ID 7016427
coupon code AD2338fdf

Does anyone know what this coupon and contract ID is for? I just booked a vehicle using it for our upcoming October trip...it says Vegas Brazil on it. I hope we don't have to show any ID or company badge or something for it. Anyone know where this came from?

Thanks!

The link below referencing the Vegas Brazil contract ID was posted earlier in this thread. It appears that people are using it with no problems so far. I've booked using it as well and it's the lowest rate I've found by far (Tampa 10/17-23).

The link below referencing the Vegas Brazil contract ID was posted earlier in this thread. It appears that people are using it with no problems so far. I've booked using it as well and it's the lowest rate I've found by far (Tampa 10/17-23).

Thanks for the link!

I used the following
Alamo
contract ID 7016427
coupon code AD2338fdf

Thanks!

I got a cheaper rate using the Costco ID over the Vegas Brazil one. It was for an economy so I'm not sure if that makes a difference? There's only 2 of us so the cheaper the better!

I got a cheaper rate using the Costco ID over the Vegas Brazil one. It was for an economy so I'm not sure if that makes a difference? There's only 2 of us so the cheaper the better!

Yeah, I agree, but I don't have a Costco card.

I had an economy car rental with Alamo using a code a DISer PMed me here, $244 for 9 days. Today I went to the site and the same car I got for $206.38, no code, but I am an Alamo Insider. Dates are 9:30 am, Oct 29 to 10 am Nov 7.

Bill From PA

I had an economy car rental with Alamo using a code a DISer PMed me here, $244 for 9 days. Today I went to the site and the same car I got for $206.38, no code, but I am an Alamo Insider. Dates are 9:30 am, Oct 29 to 10 am Nov 7.

Bill From PA

My dates are Oct. 11th-19th...but picking up in Orlando and dropping off in Pensacola. The rates using the code for a mini van are $276.25,. Without the code, it is $750.00. HUGE difference.

I got great deal with codes on Midsize SUV thru Alamo for my trip in Oct.
Looking for some info on what Midsize SUV I should expect
I have a double stroller and will have 2 bags and wanted make sure I will have room before I tried to find something else

If there's a Dodge Journey in the mid SUV aisle, it was very roomy and had excellent accelleration.

What did you think of the Equinox? We had one in CA last year and we drove a ton (from SD to SF) and I hated it. 0 pick up in the one we had and not very roomy in the luggage compartment.

Bill From PA

For what it's worth (my October rental is out of FLL and not MCO so YMMV) I got a better rate using my Insiders id and the $30 code than with Vroom or Vegas Brazil. $142 for a full size for 5 days - not the greatest but still plenty of time for rates to drop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter