October 2013 Code Watch?!

We are booking through Southwest. I got return for $927 from Buffalo to Orlando online so I am just waiting for my money to come in to book that. Does anyone know if you need to change dates of your flight after booking if they will allow that?

My hubby can 'tentatively book' his vacation but if someone with more seniority bumps him we would have to book a different date..... so hesitant to book the flights if they wont change dates.

I didnt realize you could change your flight once it was made. I may do the same thing. I live near Philadelphia but southwest and AirTran both fly cheaper out of Baltimore Washington. Ill have to check out return flights & see what I can find. Thanks for the good idea! :)

I know, it's great! I've already moved my flight once to come to WDW a few days earlier, and no fee:) If the flight you change to is higher then you have to pay the difference in price, but no charge to make the change!

We are booking through Southwest. I got return for $927 from Buffalo to Orlando online so I am just waiting for my money to come in to book that. Does anyone know if you need to change dates of your flight after booking if they will allow that?

My hubby can 'tentatively book' his vacation but if someone with more seniority bumps him we would have to book a different date..... so hesitant to book the flights if they wont change dates.

Yes, you can change your flight dates with no change fee:)

I know, it's great! I've already moved my flight once to come to WDW a few days earlier, and no fee:) If the flight you change to is higher then you have to pay the difference in price, but no charge to make the change!

I have to wait a few weeks but I think ill just book my departure and than on may 6th, ill book my return. Or ill do both than...I'd be afraid something would get screwed up because that's just how my luck goes...lol I don't want to meds anything up for our trip!! :)

I have to wait a few weeks but I think ill just book my departure and than on may 6th, ill book my return. Or ill do both than...I'd be afraid something would get screwed up because that's just how my luck goes...lol I don't want to meds anything up for our trip!! :)

Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out for you :)

Hey all, hope you are having a great friday night.

Hate to be all doom and gloom here, but I recieved my advance booking offer today as a Disney card holder and it is for up to 30% off select hotels for stays 6/13/13 thur 8/14/13. This offer becomes available to the general public on April 2, 2013.
Seems as if maybe the free dinning might not show up this year.
Hope Disney understands that some familys count on that to be able to go.

Hate to be all doom and gloom here, but I recieved my advance booking offer today as a Disney card holder and it is for up to 30% off select hotels for stays 6/13/13 thur 8/14/13. This offer becomes available to the general public on April 2, 2013.

Not sure what summer discounts have to do with October but Danny25, who always has the inside scoop, says that free dining will return in late August (the 24th?) through most of September, ie, the original low season free dining dates. They still have to get people into the parks in September but free dining isn't necessary any other time of the year, including October. Easywdw has most of my days in Late October at 6s and 7s which will be our highest crowd level experience ever! I think we will get the same discount offer that spring and, now, summer stays have.

No doom and gloom around here as that Disney Visa offer was posted here in the early morning yesterday-- several hours before it even went up on the Visa website. Also, we have known the specifics of that summer offer for several days, maybe even a couple of weeks. The Aug/Sept deal will come out either late April or early May. As for October, those deals won't be out until at least July, maybe even early August.

I may eat my words but $300 plus $25 (RT EBCI fee) times 5 tix on SW doesn't appeal at all. Yesterday, Frontier's summer airfare to Tampa (where we will likely fly, attending a wedding before WDW) was $205 plus $20 for a checked bag with assigned seats and that is why I am waiting for them.

Well, let the word-eating begin. :sad1: Frontier opened their schedule today, as expected, I sat down to book our flights to Tampa and they have discontinued all Denver-Tampa flights except Saturdays. Other carriers' rates jumped immediately. Our whole trip is in jeopardy with this news. I just wanted to have it all nailed down. So sad for us and thinking Frontier isn't long for this world (we are considering any FL cities that have nonstops from Denver and all but MCO and Ft. Lauderdale are radically cut back now).

:joker: Booked at POFQ. CAN'T WAIT. Hoping for free dining or a room discount... may switch to Beach Club for a good discount... or maybe I'm just dreamin' with that one. :scratchin

Hi all... subscribing to this thread! I've only been to WDW during the summer, and our last trip in August was BRUTAL with the crowds and heat!

My son's school is funny with their breaks, only giving a day here and a day there, so I've thought trips during the school year were out. (Such as... fall break last year was only the weekend plus Monday off!) This year, I can coordinate an October trip where he'll only miss three days of school. Really hoping for less crowds than August and less heat. (And crowds are more tolerable in better weather, imo!)

I'm planning Oct 18th-25th. Seriously hoping for a hefty room discount or maybe even...gasp... free dining!

Can anyone who has been in October before tell me if the weather is still good for swimming? Swimming is half the trip for my kiddo, and I'd love to try and swing the Beach Club. Not sure if it would be worth the cost if it's too chilly to swim.

We go every October and have never had a day too cold to swim (except for rainy days). We have also had the water park options a few times and enjoyed perfect weather for those as well.. We even went last year in early December and my husband and daughter swan then (though it was a little chilly out for me). I love the weather and crowds in October and am actually a little grumpy during trips the other parts of the year as October spoils me so much :).

We go every October and have never had a day too cold to swim (except for rainy days). We have also had the water park options a few times and enjoyed perfect weather for those as well.. We even went last year in early December and my husband and daughter swan then (though it was a little chilly out for me). I love the weather and crowds in October and am actually a little grumpy during trips the other parts of the year as October spoils me so much :).

Perfect! Sounds like we made a good choice to go in October too!

Will be booking POFQ tomorrow. Now that we know when we can fly down. I'm so excited. Haven't been since 2009.

Paying a good chunk off tomorrow! I don't want to pay it all off in case if a room discount ( if there isn't FD)..now if these pesky flights would go down so I can book the flights!!! :thumbsup2

Paying a good chunk off tomorrow! I don't want to pay it all off in case if a room discount ( if there isn't FD)..now if these pesky flights would go down so I can book the flights!!! :thumbsup2

If you pay your whole trip off and they offer the discounts, you can still redeem them right? I'm probably paying my trip off within the week.

If you pay your whole trip off and they offer the discounts, you can still redeem them right? I'm probably paying my trip off within the week.

Yeah you'll get refunded the difference! I'm just holding off to avoid going through the refund process is all! :)

Yeah you'll get refunded the difference! I'm just holding off to avoid going through the refund process is all! :)

Oh ok...I'm paying it off that way it's done. I just have to book my airfare....

Kat016 said:

I paid off our room/tix pkg off on 3/15 to take advantage of a AAA offer that refunded $100, along with the AAA discounts. According to the TA if a better discount comes along before Oct like FD, or if we want to change things before the 45 day window, we can still do so. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter