October 2013 Code Watch?!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Cierese, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ColonelHathi

ColonelHathi Mouseketeer

Yup, this. SPD offer IF it is available MIGHT be better, might not. Has to be only about $500 more from what we are paying MAX to be worth it, otherwise we'd be better paying OOP for food. (Can you tell DH is an accountant! :rotfl:) We're planning to hit Publix and/or Walmart anyway for a few snacks, water, MT Dew for DH, etc, and will probably eat off-property a few times as well for a change of pace.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disneycrazi

disneycrazi watch your head and step as you disembark

We will be at AOA 18th thru 20th...then Poly 20th thru 25th! Soooo excited!

4. Lindaland

Lindaland DIS Veteran

Still hoping there is going to be some sort of discount for our Oct/Nov trip!! However waiting for the July announcement (if there is one) is killing us! :lmao:

5. Deffenm

Deffenm DIS Veteran

We are moving our Aug. trip to Oct. 16-20 and plan to stay at AoA as well. This will actually just be a mommy/daughter trip as my boys have other committments. I am so excited because we are going to do MNSSHP (hopefully waiting on dates to be released), plus the food and wine fest.

6. ALD85

ALD85 DIS Veteran

October calendar has been released. The days MK closes at 7 is a pretty good indicator when the party will be.

7. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Awesome! We're going from Oct 26th until Nov 2nd and plan on going to MNSSHP on Halloween night.

8. Lindaland

Lindaland DIS Veteran

WooHoo!!! Just booked our flight and saved $200!! So now we are going to extend our stay another day!!:cool1: Going from the 10/29 to 11/4, now just hoping for a room discount or FD, either way we will save $$$ and it might even be enough to upgrade hotels! So excited!!:yay:

9. freckles04

freckles04 DIS Veteran

also would love a prediction for this! On MouseSavers historical discounts, looks like FD was offered for my travel dates (now Oct 6-13) the last 3 years. Honestly wondering why the prediction is for August and September only?? (I'm sure y'all know something I don't... I'm relatively a complete newbie!)

10. Lindaland

Lindaland DIS Veteran

I have talked to cast members twice and they have said each time to check around July for discounts later in Oct/Nov. Which is hard since patience is not my strongest suit! :lmao: Guess its time to learn some!

Hope this helps :thumbsup2

11. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Mousesavers doesn't show the blackout dates for the deals, but the historical info is good to use for past release dates. Last year's free dining dates for Oct. we're Oct. 1-4 and Oct. 19-31. The 2011 dates were similar. The middle of October is blacked out from most offers. There is no way to know what discounts will be available this year. You will see them here on Disboards well in advance of going live.

The Aug/Sept free dining is somewhat predictable because they offered a bounceback for that time period, and it is the original timeframe for the offer. That timeframe is considered "late summer". The "fall" offer is for Oct-Dec, and typically comes out in July or early August. It will be a few months before we hear anything for October.

12. heatherbynum

heatherbynum Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

We will be there til the 3rd and doing MNSSHP on Halloween night as well :)

13. nat8199

nat8199 DIS Veteran

This is correct. The blackout dates for Oct are around Columbus day. Columbus Day is later in the month this year, so I am hoping that my dates, which are similar to yours, will have FD offered.

14. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

So many are going in later Oct to Nov. DH and I are going Oct 1-9 and I keep wondering what we are missing. Hopefully, not much. :goodvibes

15. TarrahA

TarrahA Mouseketeer

Pikester, I've been thinking the same! My dates are 9/29-10/05. I was thinking we'd catch MNSSHP & F&W since both will be in the first week of commencement, but now I'm wondering if there's anything special about later dates that should be considered...does the action get better as it winds down??? I'm sitting anxious enough as it is without this, lol

16. shenaniganzz

shenaniganzz DIS Veteran

This is me! ;) We're going from Oct. 27th to the 4th and not knowing about FD is driving me a bit crazy.

17. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

We're going from Oct 26th until the 2nd...I'm waiting "patiently" for FD :)

18. tatorswife

tatorswife Look out Disney :)

We are booked October 6th-12th..Hoping for free dining also..will keep watching with everyone else.

19. 4butlers

4butlers DIS Veteran

We're going 10/26-11/2 so we can be there on Halloween, that's all.

20. SEASONK

SEASONK Mouseketeer

I am hoping for the same thing. We were able to take advantage of free dining last year, but I had to change our dates and pull my son out of school 2 days. I am hoping I won't have to do that this year. We are planning on going October 6 - October 10.

21. Minckemom

Minckemom Earning My Ears

In the past, during the Columbus Day blackout dates, was that blacked out for FD or all discounts?