October 2013 Code Watch?!

OK, not to beat the airfare things to death, but it does look like the Delta flight prices are "flickering" a bit. Not enough for me to regret purchasing airfare when we did. RT NS flights are holding at $590 from MSP to give you a clue. Some of this is definitely Delta, and not just this flight from MSP to MCO. I have a sister trying to book flights from Birmingham, AL to Grand Rapids, MI NS a couple of times in the next few months and those prices have been ridiculous as well without much repreive. There could certainly be summer sales, but not sure we'd feel comfortable waiting that long... pixie dust to those of you who can hold out! pixiedust:

Wish we had Jet Blue... or more NS SWA options even! :worried:

We are waiting for Frontier to open their schedule for October. Anyone else? It is driving me a bit nuts that it is taking so long.

Just purchased our SW tickets today for the way down, still need to book the way back but will need to wait till May to do that since we don't plan to return till Nov. 7th.

Anyways got a great deal of $252 for 3 tickets non-stop from SDF. One ticket was paid with reward points. Can't wait now, we just need to book our resort.

Just purchased our SW tickets today for the way down, still need to book the way back but will need to wait till May to do that since we don't plan to return till Nov. 7th.

Anyways got a great deal of $252 for 3 tickets non-stop from SDF. One ticket was paid with reward points. Can't wait now, we just need to book our resort.

I should do that but I'm waiting until I can book everything together. May 6th, ill be on they're sure. Hopefully booking my airfare.

I am glad I went ahead and booked out flight. I was going to wait for AirTran but DH wanted nonstop so I booked United. It's nonstop from Cleveland to Orlando and an early flight. I surprised him with first class tickets because he joked that he wanted to fly first class. They were only $40 more a ticket than economy after I factored in the price of baggage. I am glad I did not wait because they went up $150 a ticket a week later.

Hoping for October this year. We have had to reschedule way too many times. Won't be buying airfare until June so I hope our dates fall in the range for any special offers.

We are waiting for Frontier to open their schedule for October. Anyone else? It is driving me a bit nuts that it is taking so long.

So are we. Can't even book until we know what days they are flying out. Everyone is so excited but the wait is killing us.

So are we. Can't even book until we know what days they are flying out. Everyone is so excited but the wait is killing us.

Does frontier fly out of Philly or Baltimore/Washington? I can check them too. I'm all about finding cheap airfare.

We went ahead and grabbed tickets on SW even before see what Frontiers fares are like. SW had almost the perfect non-stop flights for us from DEN and the ticket prices were really reasonable, especially considering no additional baggage fees. We paid just over $300 a piece for our tix. They have since gone up in price.

Chris

We went ahead and grabbed tickets on SW even before see what Frontiers fares are like. SW had almost the perfect non-stop flights for us from DEN and the ticket prices were really reasonable, especially considering no additional baggage fees. We paid just over $300 a piece for our tix. They have since gone up in price.

Chris

I found $127/ticket for southwest leaving from BWI and going to MCO straight through. I haven't booked yet because I can't book our return flight yet. They're only booking until the 1st of November. We're coming home on the 2nd.

I found $127/ticket for southwest leaving from BWI and going to MCO straight through. I haven't booked yet because I can't book our return flight yet. They're only booking until the 1st of November. We're coming home on the 2nd.

JetBlue is only booking to the 26th of October, and I need the 27th, everyday I go to their website hoping it updated, but nope.

Chris

I may eat my words but $300 plus $25 (RT EBCI fee) times 5 tix on SW doesn't appeal at all. Yesterday, Frontier's summer airfare to Tampa (where we will likely fly, attending a wedding before WDW) was $205 plus $20 for a checked bag with assigned seats and that is why I am waiting for them.

Does frontier fly out of Philly or Baltimore/Washington? I can check them too. I'm all about finding cheap airfare.

They fly out of both. We want to fly out of Harrisburg so we wait and see or if we're going to drive to Philly or BWI.

The last 2 times we went to WDW we flew non-stop. But that is 6.5 hours on a plane from Seattle!! This time we are going for layovers in Denver and perhaps Ft. Worth, so we can at least get out and stretch our legs!! Last week I saw fares that were 262 but now its back up to 390+!! Didnt have the cash last week but hopefully I can catch another one of those deals before we leave. After last week I put aside cash so next time I wont be caught "empty handed" lol :cool1:

Hi all... subscribing to this thread! I've only been to WDW during the summer, and our last trip in August was BRUTAL with the crowds and heat!

My son's school is funny with their breaks, only giving a day here and a day there, so I've thought trips during the school year were out. (Such as... fall break last year was only the weekend plus Monday off!) This year, I can coordinate an October trip where he'll only miss three days of school. Really hoping for less crowds than August and less heat. (And crowds are more tolerable in better weather, imo!)

I'm planning Oct 18th-25th. Seriously hoping for a hefty room discount or maybe even...gasp... free dining!

Can anyone who has been in October before tell me if the weather is still good for swimming? Swimming is half the trip for my kiddo, and I'd love to try and swing the Beach Club. Not sure if it would be worth the cost if it's too chilly to swim.

Hi all... subscribing to this thread! I've only been to WDW during the summer, and our last trip in August was BRUTAL with the crowds and heat!

My son's school is funny with their breaks, only giving a day here and a day there, so I've thought trips during the school year were out. (Such as... fall break last year was only the weekend plus Monday off!) This year, I can coordinate an October trip where he'll only miss three days of school. Really hoping for less crowds than August and less heat. (And crowds are more tolerable in better weather, imo!)

I'm planning Oct 18th-25th. Seriously hoping for a hefty room discount or maybe even...gasp... free dining!

Can anyone who has been in October before tell me if the weather is still good for swimming? Swimming is half the trip for my kiddo, and I'd love to try and swing the Beach Club. Not sure if it would be worth the cost if it's too chilly to swim.

That's a good question....my kids want to swim too when we go down. I may or may not. I need warm weather to swim, my kids and husband don't care lol I was looking at the weather channel app in October for the weather, just to get an idea. And it looked like low 80's was about average. But there were days around 90 too.

I'm not an airline expert, but SW basically does their round trips by just putting two one way segments together. I don't know of a disadvantage of just purchasing the 1st leg now one-way, if you're sure of the date and are happy with the price, and then book the trip back one-way when they are released.

I'm also flying out of BWI and $127 seems to be the bottom. (My return flight was $104 for like 2-3 days when the schedule was released then quickly went to $127). For the flight to MCO, the time is more important to me, so I did choose a $160 flight. I was happy with the less than $300 round trip and 2 nonstop flights exactly at the times I wanted.

I'm not an airline expert, but SW basically does their round trips by just putting two one way segments together. I don't know of a disadvantage of just purchasing the 1st leg now one-way, if you're sure of the date and are happy with the price, and then book the trip back one-way when they are released.

I'm also flying out of BWI and $127 seems to be the bottom. (My return flight was $104 for like 2-3 days when the schedule was released then quickly went to $127). For the flight to MCO, the time is more important to me, so I did choose a $160 flight. I was happy with the less than $300 round trip and 2 nonstop flights exactly at the times I wanted.

I want a 6:00 flight out and a late flight home. I don't care if I'm pulling in my drive way at 1:00 in the morning. I'm making the most out of the 8 days we're going to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter