October 2013 Code Watch?!

Me too! I just don't get the obsession with free dining. I don't even like the dining plan. 35% off at a deluxe would save me way more than I would spend on food. Here's hoping!

Me too! We have no interest in free dining when F&W is going on. We just bought APs yesterday so come on AP discount!

Me too! We have no interest in free dining when F&W is going on. We just bought APs yesterday so come on AP discount!

That's a good point. F&W is why I am going in October. Who would want the dining plan when we can graze around World Showcase?

Hoping for AP discount too!

The way I was looking at it is we wouldn't always be eating at Epcot, so even the QS plan (we're staying value) would save us a little. Plus the F&W booths have taken snack credits for a lot of items in previous years. Of course, a largely discounted resort stay would be the better deal in a lot of situations. I'm all for whatever discount makes the most sense.

I'm new here but I just had to say I'm so thankful for this board and all of your posts! My husband has a three month internship in Cocoa Beach and I'd been going and forth on getting AP's or just doing a five day pass over Halloween weekend and the next. Because of all of you I read the heads up on potential rate increases and jumped on the AP's - I'm so glad I did (saved $70 if had decided to do this later)! Plus, I read here about the AAA discount and saved $107 off our room reservation after joining (which we'd been planning anyways as my husband is driving the 3000+ miles to FL). So thank you!!! So now I guess we have to go enough times to make the pass worthwhile - a 'problem' I'm not sad about having :)

I'm new here but I just had to say I'm so thankful for this board and all of your posts! My husband has a three month internship in Cocoa Beach and I'd been going and forth on getting AP's or just doing a five day pass over Halloween weekend and the next. Because of all of you I read the heads up on potential rate increases and jumped on the AP's - I'm so glad I did (saved $70 if had decided to do this later)! Plus, I read here about the AAA discount and saved $107 off our room reservation after joining (which we'd been planning anyways as my husband is driving the 3000+ miles to FL). So thank you!!! So now I guess we have to go enough times to make the pass worthwhile - a 'problem' I'm not sad about having :)

:welcome: and congrats!

Me too! I just don't get the obsession with free dining. I don't even like the dining plan. 35% off at a deluxe would save me way more than I would spend on food. Here's hoping!

I am hoping for a room only discount too. The dining plan takes too much time out of the day. We are planning on going to a couple of sit down but would much rather spend time doing the parks:wizard:

I am hoping for a room only discount too. The dining plan takes too much time out of the day. We are planning on going to a couple of sit down but would much rather spend time doing the parks:wizard:

That is why we always do the QSDP. I can eat steak at home. I can't ride PotC at home. :rotfl2: Keep in mind, though, that you can now use a TS credit for a QS meal anywhere on property. So if there ends up being no room discount and you can get free dining (at a mod or deluxe), you can use it for the two TS meals you have and do the rest as QS. :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone waiting for any type of discount. Fingers crossed for all of you! pixiedust:

I understand - when I buy an AP it is a good excuse to make another visit or two!

Congrats on the AAA discount, but keep in mind that if Disney offers additional discounts, they are likely to be greater than the AAA discount. You can't stack discounts, but you can usually call and have the greater discount applied to your existing reservation.

I totally understand that some people do better with a room only discount. I just am not one of those people who do, so I will go on hoping for fding for me and a room only for you. :)

I totally understand that some people do better with a room only discount. I just am not one of those people who do, so I will go on hoping for fding for me and a room only for you. :)

Isn't it great that WDW usually offers both? As well as room only and package discounts. And AP discounts oh my!

When will Oct discounts be released?? I am anxious to see what they are and if they will be for our dates!

Since there's been a promo for every season this far, there HAS to be some sort of promo for the Fall, right? RIGHT?!? Haha. I'm going regardless but boy would a discount be nice!!

Since there's been a promo for every season this far, there HAS to be some sort of promo for the Fall, right? RIGHT?!? Haha. I'm going regardless but boy would a discount be nice!!

Yep, I think you are right, but I want free dining. Not just some sort. LOL. But obviously I will take whatever I can get.

5 plane tickets are murdering me! I need a good discount Disney! Hoping for free dining so that we can stay an extra day! With free dining it will be cheaper to fly out on Monday as tickets are $60 cheaper than Sunday and I have to buy 5!

Egdisney, that's what I'm doing!! But I'm adding a day so we can get there on Sat instead of Sun. My party got the free dining PIN. Our original dates were Sun-Sat but w/ free dining we added that extra day & I was surprised to see that fares on Sat were the same price as Mon so that was a no-brainer :) and another night of free food, woohoo!! I'm sending pixie dust to all those still waiting to get a discount!!!

Egdisney said:
5 plane tickets are murdering me! I need a good discount Disney! Hoping for free dining so that we can stay an extra day! With free dining it will be cheaper to fly out on Monday as tickets are $60 cheaper than Sunday and I have to buy 5!

Are you near Delaware??

Really hoping for a pin code. Debated on September.... It would have been a HUGE savings for us, but seeing as we have one starting high school this year. I just can't do it. Crossing fingers! Wanting to go the 19-25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter