October 19, 2002 Cruisers, Never ending.......

Hey.

I just haven't felt like posting.

Kaleigh is still sick. Back to the doctor yesterday. Lungs at least are clear now, so the antibiotics worked, but they are making her tummy hurt quite badly. She has 1 dose left. She is still coughing because of the asthma. The coughing has been giving her headaches. She can't get to sleep at a decent hour and is exhausted. We are trying a bigger dose of steroids and for a longer time to see if that works.

Welcome home Julie. Glad you had a great time. I would love to go back at Christmas again sometime.

Christmas cards are on my dining room table to do, but I haven't had a chance to work on them yet.

Oh my Denine. I can't believe that Kaleigh is still sick. Bless her heart. She has to be exhausted as well as you guys. I know when the girls were coughing all night long, no one got sleep. Sure hope she improves SOON!

Heidi, lol.

Poor Kaleigh, I wish they could give her something to make her feel better.

Tonight is the Bronocos game with our rivals....the hated Raiders. Looking forward to coming home and watching the game. It's now official that my inlaws are coming Dec. 27th, now just have to figure out what to do for entertainment and figure out how to sleep 5 adults and 3 teenagers into a 2 bedroom townhome! I figure if I buy another air mattress and clear out our dining room table that I can have 2 sleep in the dining room, 2sleep in the living room, 2 in the girls toom, and 2 in my room.

Mom - Good luck watching the movie I let you borrow. Chris found it in the PS3!!! I will bring it buy today after work, lol.

Kaleigh doesn't seem to be coughing quite as much. We will see how it goes. She was still up too late last night with the cough and the tummy ache. She finished the antibiotics yesterday, so I hope her tummy starts to get better. I am just ready for her to be healthy!!! She has 3 more doses of prednisone to get healthy. If she is still coughing, I am supposed to call the doctor back...again.

Heidi, how funny. Maybe that's a sign not to watch the movie, haha.

Denine, maybe she's on the road to recovery.

I am beginning to worry about myself. On Thanksgiving, I carved myself up with a knife instead of the turkey. Just now I stabbed my palm while attempting to cut up my lemon for lemon water. Just trying to figure out if I need stitches or not. There is a gap but it's a "clean cut". Ted said I can't use a knife anymore, LOL.

Sandy: Sounds like you shouldn't use a knife anymore. Just as long as you didn't walk through the house shaking your bleeding hand and getting blood all over the walls. Jerry did that to me once and I won't let home live it down. :rotfl2:

Kaleigh is sleeping. She got to sleep earlier last night, but she is still lacking. I am hoping we are on the road to recovery. Coughing is continuing to improve and her tummy doesn't hurst like it did. She still had a headache today though. Baby steps.

So, tonight I had to use a knife again. I was petrified. I don't think that I've ever taken that much precaution, LOL. I survived though. Ewwww, Denine, blood all over? Crazy Jerry! Sounds like Kaleigh is improving. Like you said, baby steps. That's better than no steps at all!

Hello Everyone!!
Thought I take a few minutes and catch up. Got distracted before our trip. I was in traing for a month before we left. I had to learn our new interface/billing and our sales software. Since I am on the help line it was loads of fun learning all this new stuff then immeditelly answering technical calls on it. I also had a week I had to sell policies. New reps only get one state when they first get out of traing I got 50. I was the top seller while we were selling.
Had such a fun time at Disney. I Love Christmas there. Didn't see Julie. While we were gone my niece was watching my Mom and Dads dogs. One one them had to be put to sleep. Vet said she probably had blood clots It was terrible. My Dad cried. We are now in the process of buying them a new dachound the whole family is pitching in.
We treated the kids to a train ride on the Santa express tonight. We drove about an hour and a half to canon city. It was so much fun. Alana keeps saying she wants to ride the yayow choo choo. The road were pretty bad since of course today we had our first snow.

Our new van did so good on the bad roads. Well we are almost home so I will post again tomorrow.

BARB, I missed you....:hug:. I sure enjoyed seeing Jaymee's pictures of WDW especially your mom and dad. Hearing about their dog makes me soooo sad. It's very nice of you to chip in for another puppy. I would love to hear more about the train. I don't think that I've heard about it. Seems like you are always in training. Gotta be rough! Soooo, how much snow did you guys get? I didn't talk to Stacey but I saw a picture she posted. Sure was white! We had BAD ice this morning. Glad I wasn't driving.

Heidi and I volunteered to wrap gifts at Barnes and Noble on Saturday to benefit the Foundation that we are active in for epilepsy. The time flew by. We were quite busy. It was free gift wrapping but donations were welcome. Most were putting a couple of bucks in the jar. One lady carrying a nice Coach purse with 3 gifts didn't give a dime. It kind of made me mad. I mean, come on.... Then another lady asked if she could go in the jar and get change for her donation :rotfl2:.

Good morning!!

Barb - Welcome home!!! I loved seeing Jaymee's pictures as well. You can tell she loves being auntie just like me! That is so sad about your parents dog. That is my worse nightmare. How is your neice doing? I had a similar thing happen to me and I felt horrible. I was watching Joey and Tyler overnight while my sister and her husband had a night out and her rabbit had a stroke sometime that day or night and they had to put her to sleep the day they came back. Worst thing ever.

Denine - How is Kaleigh feeling?

Mom - It was an interesting day!!! I will never forget that lady wrapping her 10 gifts and asking if she could take change for a $5 out of the donation jar! The best was driving home in all the snow!!!

Back to the doctor again today. The improvement in the cough didn't last and the tummy pains continue. Kaleigh has gastritis from the antibiotics, so she put her on prevacid and an inhaled steroid for the cough. She is so tired and in so much pain and so tired of coughing.

Barb: Sounds like you had a great time. Too bad about your parents dog. Maybe you should go into sales!

Sandy: The rich stay rich by never giving anything away. I would be frustrated as well.

Julie: I hope you don't think I have ignored you. I haven't talked to anyone on the phone except parents and the doctor lately. I am hoping to get together once Kaleigh is better. Thinking of you.

Busy day of doing ME things. Ted went skiing and I took advantage. I love ME days!!

Heidi, I need you to please measure your wrist. If you don't want to stop by here for the tape measure just wrap a string around your wrist, cut it, and measure the string. I've contacted the lady and we've been back and forth a couple of times. Also, I bought the wired ribbon to play with. I want to learn to make those bows!

It's so terribly cold today. The wind doesn't help at all either. We have a little snow left from Saturday's storm.

Sheez, Denine. If it isn't one thing with Kaleigh it's another. Hopefully she will get better before Christmas so she can enjoy it!

Mom - My wrist is 6 1/2". I think the bows will be very easy to make...I can't wait to play around with it! I woke up to surprise snow this morning!!! Roads were a little slick. Did dad say anything about how skiing was?

Denine - OMGoodness, that poor girl needs to be locked up inside during winter. She always gets so sick. Sending her well wishes that she gets better soon.

We had a proud moment yesterday, one of my DDs was selected for a solo in their show choir competition (sectionals I believe or maybe state) that is coming up in April. She is so excited. Although I am a little jealous of my mom since I just got a text and grandma got a phone call!!!!!

We had a few flurries in the air this morning. THat is the extent of snow I want to see.

This is actually the first time in 3 years that Kaleigh has had to be on antibiotics. The bronchitis cleared up quickly, it is just the complications with her asthma and tummy that are making it tough. Hoping to send her to PSR tonight, but I don't know. It all depends on how bad her tummy hurts. Not fun trying to sit in a classroom for 1-1/2 hours with stabbing pains in your belly. It is the last class before Christmas. Just as long as she is well by Christmas. We are leaving Virginia right after Christmas.

Santa ;), the package arrived today. I will get a check in the mail pronto. Thank you!!

Heidi, dad said the skiing wasn't bad. He was even thinking about going today but we have the :rolleyes: yucky office party. Thanks for measuring your wrist. I tell you one thing, I felt HONORED that Amanda called me.:cheer2: It made me tear up because of the news and because she thought to call me.

Denine, at least school is almost over. I was wondering how you were handling it.

Doctor visit today and then the office party. Not a good day. :sad2:

Sheez, what a day. Got back from the doctor and now my back is killing me. I think from sitting on the "table" so long. Sitting on heat now. BUT, now I don't have to go to Ted's office party. YAHOO! I asked him about the lung issues and just his reaction alone made me feel better about it It was like, well ya. It's going to take a long time. I told him the urgent care said about 3 months and he said that it is a very slow recovery and is to be expected. Stay on heat and stretchiing exercises.

Mom - Glad you asked him about it. I hope your back feels better. How did dad enjoy the Christmas party? You were just looking for a reason to get out of the party. ;) :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter