October 16th, 2022 - 5-Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Bermuda)

I was thinking of taking a walk over to get a look at her today but the rain is keeping me indoors.

2 days left to visit her while she is in port before it is our turn. Today Oct 5th and then Oct 10th. :goodvibes

Hello! I’ve been creeping your board all year and just got off the Sept 30th sailing this morning! We drove in the morning of and parked at the terminal with no issues whatsoever. Disembarkation was also a breeze doing the express walk off after breakfast.

Just wanted to hop on and say everything was amazing and we hope you all have a great cruise too! Have fun!!

Hello! I’ve been creeping your board all year and just got off the Sept 30th sailing this morning! We drove in the morning of and parked at the terminal with no issues whatsoever. Disembarkation was also a breeze doing the express walk off after breakfast.

Just wanted to hop on and say everything was amazing and we hope you all have a great cruise too! Have fun!!
What activities did you do on Bermuda? We're thinking of booking a snorkel trip

Would you mind sharing somethings about your sailing? :goodvibes

What shows did you have and what days were they?

What days were which for cruise casual, semi formal, pirate, Halloween attire?

Did they do trick or treating? Where and what time was it held?

Do you happen to know bingo pricing?

Do you happen to have any photos or videos of the navigator?

Was the Halloween tree still missing?

Thank you so much. Anything you can share would be great! am sure others will want to ask some question too if you don’t mind.

Last edited:
What activities did you do on Bermuda? We're thinking of booking a snorkel trip
We booked the transfer to horseshoe bay, but ended up skipping it. We were feeling extra lazy and just enjoyed the quiet boat and pools both days. We went to Bermuda a few years ago so we didn’t really feel like we were missing out.

Not through Disney, but we did do a beach and snorkel trip last time we were there and the water was amazing :)

Would mind sharing somethings about your sailing? :goodvibes

What shows did you have and what days were they?

What days were which for cruise casual, semi formal, pirate, Halloween attire?

Did they do trick or treating? Where and what time was it held?

Do you happen to know bingo pricing?

Do you happen to have any photos or videos of the navigator?

Thank you so much. Anything you can share would be great! am sure others will want to ask some question too if you don’t mind.
I’d love to! So I’ll just start off by saying this was our very first real vacation with our son because of Covid. He is 4 now, but we weren’t sure how he would do with the late nights, so we went to bed and just relaxed after dinner every night.

With that said, we missed the shows, which was a huge bummer. But from other people we talked to, they were absolutely incredible!

I don’t have any pictures of the Navigator, but it is 100% on the app now. It’s a little confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s really nice to be able to check upcoming events so quickly. When you first get on board, they funnel you into Fathoms, one of the lounges, and make sure you get your Wi-Fi and app all set up before you are on your way.

I don’t remember the order of the shows since we missed them, but they had a Tangled show, Disney enchanted (last night), a ventriloquist, and I’m missing the others.

First night was optional dress up, but I only saw one woman in a dressy dress. Second night was Halloween night with costumes and Mickeys Mousequerade. Our son crashed that day hard and we didn’t even make it out for dinner, so we didn’t even get to put on our costumes :( Judging by how festive people were on Pirates Night, I’d be willing to bet most people were in costumes. The party was on deck at 10 and I do believe the did trick or treating!

Third night was cruise casual, fourth night Pirates Night, which completely blew us away. We kept our son up late for the show and fireworks and it was easily my favorite evening of the cruise. Seriously amazing!

Last night I thought was cruise casual again, but a ton of people were dressed up and taking all the professional photos, so it is very likely i missed the dress-up memo :)

I didn’t catch bingo pricing, but they had it every day and the jackpot increased daily to a finally $10k on our last day.

If you have kids and want to do the character greetings, I’d highly recommend getting there way earlier than you think. We stood in line over an hour to meet Spider-Man and close to 45 mins for Jack Skellington. No Sally on the cruise for some reason.

Oh! They had Hocus Pocus 2 screening on board, along with the original. Also had the new Thor movie, Pinocchio, Dr. Strange, Lightyear…. I think someone posted a pic earlier of the movies and that was accurate.

What else? I’m happy to answer anything, but openly admit we had a very different vacation than the ones in the past and didn’t really get our footings until the last couple of days, so I may not be the best resource outside of hype man!

Dinners and servers were great by the way!

If you have kids and want to do the character greetings, I’d highly recommend getting there way earlier than you think. We stood in line over an hour to meet Spider-Man and close to 45 mins for Jack Skellington. No Sally on the cruise for some reason.

What other meet and greets are there. I wasn't sure if there was gonna be any Marvel stuff on the halloween cruise. Excited for Spider-Man.

I’d love to! So I’ll just start off by saying this was our very first real vacation with our son because of Covid. He is 4 now, but we weren’t sure how he would do with the late nights, so we went to bed and just relaxed after dinner every night.

With that said, we missed the shows, which was a huge bummer. But from other people we talked to, they were absolutely incredible!

I don’t have any pictures of the Navigator, but it is 100% on the app now. It’s a little confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s really nice to be able to check upcoming events so quickly. When you first get on board, they funnel you into Fathoms, one of the lounges, and make sure you get your Wi-Fi and app all set up before you are on your way.

I don’t remember the order of the shows since we missed them, but they had a Tangled show, Disney enchanted (last night), a ventriloquist, and I’m missing the others.

First night was optional dress up, but I only saw one woman in a dressy dress. Second night was Halloween night with costumes and Mickeys Mousequerade. Our son crashed that day hard and we didn’t even make it out for dinner, so we didn’t even get to put on our costumes :( Judging by how festive people were on Pirates Night, I’d be willing to bet most people were in costumes. The party was on deck at 10 and I do believe the did trick or treating!

Third night was cruise casual, fourth night Pirates Night, which completely blew us away. We kept our son up late for the show and fireworks and it was easily my favorite evening of the cruise. Seriously amazing!

Last night I thought was cruise casual again, but a ton of people were dressed up and taking all the professional photos, so it is very likely i missed the dress-up memo :)

I didn’t catch bingo pricing, but they had it every day and the jackpot increased daily to a finally $10k on our last day.

Oh! They had Hocus Pocus 2 screening on board, along with the original. Also had the new Thor movie, Pinocchio, Dr. Strange, Lightyear…. I think someone posted a pic earlier of the movies and that was accurate.

What else? I’m happy to answer anything, but openly admit we had a very different vacation than the ones in the past and didn’t really get our footings until the last couple of days, so I may not be the best resource outside of hype man!

Thank you so much! We‘ve sailed similarly when our son was younger. He was early to bed and very early to rise.:goodvibes

I am really surprised they had an optional formal that first night. Some people don’t get their luggage in time for first seating. :scratchin

Wow those are some long lines for characters. Did they happen to do a meet & greet with Minnie, Daisy and Clara Belle dressed as the Sanderson sisters or was it just them on a stage somewhere to see? I would like to get my photo with them if I can.

Thanks for all these details. Sounds like a great trip with your little guy. How full was the ship, any idea?

What other meet and greets are there. I wasn't sure if there was gonna be any Marvel stuff on the halloween cruise. Excited for Spider-Man.
There were a ton! Mostly the mainstays. Mickey, Minnie, Daisy Duck, and Chip and Dale had meet and greet times scheduled almost every single day, multiple times a day for some of them.

They had the Princess Royal Gathering where the main princesses came out together, and that was by reservation, a few times during the trip.

Jack Skellington was out twice, once on Day 2 and once on Day 5.

Spider-Man and Thor were out only once on Day 5. Captain America was there but only inside the kids clubs. I didn’t see any other Marvel.

Captain Hook and Sme had a meet and greet on pirates day (day 4).

Stitch was out quite a bit on Day 2 just walking around, but no formal meet and greet.

Jessie and Woodie had a meet and greet on Day 1 as well but we never saw any of the Pixar guys again after that.

Sanderson Sisters had at least two separate meet and greets on Day, and I believe a third on Day 4.

And as an aside, the meet and greets were back to full conversations and hugs with everyone. Very cute 😊

Thank you so much! We‘ve sailed similarly when our son was younger. He was early to bed and very early to rise.:goodvibes

I am really surprised they had an optional formal that first night. Some people don’t get their luggage in time for first seating. :scratchin

Wow those are some long lines for characters. Did they happen to do a meet & greet with Minnie, Daisy and Clara Belle dressed as the Sanderson sisters or was it just them on a stage somewhere to see? I would like to get my photo with them if I can.
They did! They had the Sanderson sisters out several times over days 3 and 4 with the professional photographer. Day 3 was actually when we met them and there was a pretty short line. They were out at 4:00 and a lot of people were still out in Bermuda. The costumes were even more detailed in person. I loved Hocus Pocus as a kid, so these did not disappoint!

Thanks for all these details. Sounds like a great trip with your little guy. How full was the ship, any idea?
Not sure about numbers, but it felt very full to me. Most of the staterooms in our hall (we were 6040) had decorations on them and the dining rooms were very packed, especially night 1. Most of the time the crowds were not an issue, though! Never felt uncomfortably crowded or anything where we were.

Did you guys drive? Trying to figure out what time I can get into the parking. I have PAT of 1130 but want to get there early since I know the lot is first come first serve.

Did you guys drive? Trying to figure out what time I can get into the parking. I have PAT of 1130 but want to get there early since I know the lot is first come first serve.
We did! Our PAT wasn’t until 1, so we did not even get there until about 12:30. I wouldn’t go as far as to say there was a ton of parking left, but it was no issue at all even that much later.

We did! Our PAT wasn’t until 1, so we did not even get there until about 12:30. I wouldn’t go as far as to say there was a ton of parking left, but it was no issue at all even that much later.
Awesome. Did they ask you for your PAT to get into the lot or do you not need that till the terminal?

They still haven’t set sail yet and the weather looks worse. I did see a tug boat there so they are lining things up to leave.

6AC3E14F-29EC-4621-8B9F-CA0D71B9A72C.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter