October 12, 2013 - Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!!!

ssanders- add us to the FE list :cool1:
Okay, I know I'm jumping the gun!!!!

So happy to be on this cruise! It will be me, DH, DS15 and DD13 at the time of sailing. This will be our 3rd cruise! We cruised to Alaska in August 2011, and loved it, and dummy booked then added this once it opened.

Silverfox- we just switched from 7690 to 10664 (5E), so 7690 may still be available. I was not able to get to it until I booked, then changed my room request.

Hi there,

I am Emily, and my DH Scott (ssanders79 on the DIS) and DD (will be 6 at the time of sailing) will be joining you on this cruise. We are booked in Room 5522, but may switch to a verandah..... (we usually book a 5E aft verandah). We were waiting to see what the Magic/Wonder were going to be doing in 2013, but when we saw that the cruises out of Miami were to the same ole' ports, we decided to move our dummy date to this fall cruise. We were so hoping for some new, southern Caribbean ports on the classic ships :sad2:

This cruise will be our 9th cruise, all will have been on DCL :thumbsup2

I will update my ticker after I get off the Dream on Feb 12th :goodvibes

Hello everyone.

So happy to be on this cruise! It will be me, DH, DS15 and DD13 at the time of sailing. This will be our 3rd cruise! We cruised to Alaska in August 2011, and loved it, and dummy booked then added this once it opened.

Silverfox- we just switched from 7690 to 10664 (5E), so 7690 may still be available. I was not able to get to it until I booked, then changed my room request.

Hi & welcome everyone I was also surprised to see disney doing the same ports but they must have some demand for it:confused3
I don't think we are going to take part in the FE this time we are doing a B2B and taking items for the FE eats into a lot of our weight for luggage I will make a decision before you close the list nearer the time.
This will be our 3rd disney cruise and can't wait to see the Fantasy Silverfox you will have to report back when you come off the Dream hope you have a fantastic time :yay:

Silverfox- we just switched from 7690 to 10664 (5E), so 7690 may still be available.

This is our first time cruising without a balcony but we have connecting rooms 6512 & 6514 both with huge double port holes so that makes it somewhat better. These are the pics my awesome TA sent me of our rooms.http://cassworld.ca/6514.htm

We decided to try one of the 8A cabins also - we have the double porthole huge room as well (5522 - facing Castaway Cay), but ours doesn't have the pole - instead, it has the dividing wall giving it the mini-suite concept!!! We may change our minds tho, we have only not had or scheduled a veranda twice. On our first cruise (our honeymoon), we booked at Cat 12 GTY and were upgraded to a Cat 11 on deck 7. Still inside, but in a great location. Then, we booked another cruise Cat 11C GTY and were "upgraded" to a Cat 9 porthole room on deck 2 of the Magic which we absolutely HATED. I hated deck 2, it was noisy, I just hated it. Hate is a strong word, I should say strongly dislike, as we were still on te ship :goodvibes After that, DH & I decided no more letting DCL choose our rooms. We have a Cat 5A (9648) on our Feb 9th cruise, but we got FL res rates, so that worked out great! On our 3 Fantasy cruises before this one, we have 9674 and 8188 twice. 9674 was available for this one, but DH & I thought, why not try the mini-suite and see? We can always change our minds :flower3: Who knows? There could always be FL resident rates again :rotfl:

I don't think we are going to take part in the FE this time we are doing a B2B and taking items for the FE eats into a lot of our weight for luggage I will make a decision before you close the list nearer the time. This will be our 3rd disney cruise and can't wait to see the Fantasy Silverfox you will have to report back when you come off the Dream hope you have a fantastic time :yay:

I understand about the FE - we would have a VERY hard time doing it if we didn't just drive over to the port from Tampa. The FE stuff always takes up a duffle bag or more. It would absolutely kill us if we had to fly! We always come back home with one empty bag!

Welcome kendzee94! I'm Char and my DH is Nate going with our 5 kids plus oldest DS's girl friend. This will be our 3rd with DCL and our 5th all together.
For anyone interested I'll keep track of the FE list.

We'll have to wait and see who we are flying with. The last time we flew with Spirit and they only allow 40 lbs and carry-ons are more expensive than checked:eek:, so we had to be very careful about packing. I think most airlines allows 50 lbs right? We did it on our first cruise and the kids loved it... so hopefully we can this time around.
This is a video of the Cat 8A double porthole room (5022) across the hall from ours - shows the mini-suite idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcI-5...layer_embedded

For some reason the video won't show up for me:confused3
Are you saying that we're not fun? Thanks mom. Thanks.

Ummm Yep;) That's what I'm sayin... sorry sweet cheeks:flower3::hug::rotfl:

Hi all....
Just switched a dummy date to this cruise....there will be a group of us...4 good friends from Calif (husband/wife Rus & Michelle Orlandos) along with myself & HOPEFULLY my son (Brenda & Ryan) who will be sailing with GREAT friends The McMurphys who we originally met on the 2008 New Year's Eve cruise and also hoping my sister Deb & her hubby Jon will join us too!!

This will be my 8th cruise unless i sneak another one in somewhere between now & then...i just got off the Wonder in Jan & already have another booked for Nov 3 this year - i LOVE LOVE LOVE sailing and only with Disney!!!

I have a hubby - but he won't sail....DS has been my sailing buddy since our first cruise in 2005 but he's away at college, so not sure if his schedule will allow him to be gone a full week next year. Also wanted my daughter and her little guy (& maybe her husband) to join us., but they're not sure if they want to take him yet - he just turned one....

Anyway...there's the scoop on our group. I am booked in 10668 or something to that effect anyway....and looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Hi all....
Just switched a dummy date to this cruise....there will be a group of us...4 good friends from Calif (husband/wife Rus & Michelle Orlandos) along with myself & HOPEFULLY my son (Brenda & Ryan) who will be sailing with GREAT friends The McMurphys who we originally met on the 2008 New Year's Eve cruise and also hoping my sister Deb & her hubby Jon will join us too!!

This will be my 8th cruise unless i sneak another one in somewhere between now & then...i just got off the Wonder in Jan & already have another booked for Nov 3 this year - i LOVE LOVE LOVE sailing and only with Disney!!!

I have a hubby - but he won't sail....DS has been my sailing buddy since our first cruise in 2005 but he's away at college, so not sure if his schedule will allow him to be gone a full week next year. Also wanted my daughter and her little guy (& maybe her husband) to join us., but they're not sure if they want to take him yet - he just turned one....

Anyway...there's the scoop on our group. I am booked in 10668 or something to that effect anyway....and looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Hello neighbor! We're in 10664!!!!

It's official! I have moved our dummy date to this cruise. We will be celebrating our actual 25th Wedding anniversary onboard the Fantasy! It will be DH (Tom), myself (Lynn), and DD17 at the time of cruise (Ashleigh).
We have a 4 nighter scheduled for this fall on the Dream and are hoping to sneak in one more so that by the time we board the Fantasy we will be Gold status! As our right now, we have 3 cruises under our belt, all Disney, 2 on the Wonder and 1 on the Dream. I'd like to get on in on the Magic so that once I board the Dream, I will have sailed them all. I think that would be so Cool!!! At least I have plenty of time to try to accomplish my goal!! :rotfl:

It's official! I have moved our dummy date to this cruise. We will be celebrating our actual 25th Wedding anniversary onboard the Fantasy! It will be DH (Tom), myself (Lynn), and DD17 at the time of cruise (Ashleigh).
We have a 4 nighter scheduled for this fall on the Dream and are hoping to sneak in one more so that by the time we board the Fantasy we will be Gold status! As our right now, we have 3 cruises under our belt, all Disney, 2 on the Wonder and 1 on the Dream. I'd like to get on in on the Magic so that once I board the Dream, I will have sailed them all. I think that would be so Cool!!! At least I have plenty of time to try to accomplish my goal!! :rotfl:

Welcome Lynn & family!!! LOVE the way you think!!!! I am "considering" a short summer cruise so that by the time i finish this year i will have 8 cruises done and take 9th & 10th next year....want to get to Platinum :)

Welcome Lynn & family!!! LOVE the way you think!!!! I am "considering" a short summer cruise so that by the time i finish this year i will have 8 cruises done and take 9th & 10th next year....want to get to Platinum :)

We did that - took a 3-night Dream (cruise #5) so that when we board the Fantasy in June, we'll be Gold. Have cruises booked to #9, but our 10th is a dummy date. When we board the Fantasy in June, we'll have been in all 4 ships also!!!

Fun "club" to be in :cool1:

We did that - took a 3-night Dream (cruise #5) so that when we board the Fantasy in June, we'll be Gold. Have cruises booked to #9, but our 10th is a dummy date. When we board the Fantasy in June, we'll have been in all 4 ships also!!!

Fun "club" to be in :cool1:

NICE....you will get a lot of attention as Gold members!!! I hv yet to book and cruise the Dream....maybe that will be my 10th :)

Hi, Everyone!:wave2: Looking forward to getting to know everyone between now and cruise time next year!
See my situation is that it is pretty much impossible for us to cruise in the summer due to sheer cost and hubby getting time off. He did manage to get a week off this summer but by the time we know which we he will get the price are just too cost prohibitive for us to cruise. What we would have to pay for a cruise this summer would be the price of the next two cruises we are taking combined. He can get off very easily during the rest of the year but we have a daughter is HS. She is allowed to miss up to 5 days excused and we are not afraid to have her miss. She missed 4 days last fall and still pulled her 4.0!! We are so proud! She worked to do it, but she knew what it would entail and she loves DCL & WDW as much as her mommy :lovestruc. We work around the school calendar to try to pick the week where she misses the least amount of school but due to my medical issues we needed to build extra travel time into our schedule. I had two back surgeries 4 months apart (one in late 2010 & one in early 2011) Well the one in early 2011 didn't go so well and I now have permanent damage. (and because of this I need to know where my cabin is so I can't book the cheaper GTY cabins :sad1:) So travel is always going to be more complicated for us now. Thank goodness my parents have a second home in Melbourne, FL which is 30ish minutes from PC!! So we have somewhere to stay before our cruise for free. YAY! And they don't rent the house and are only down there for Jan/feb/march. We tend to cruise in the fall. Ideally, I like to come in 2 nights before my cruise to give my body time to rest since travel is so hard on me. I feel like that will give me the best chance at being able to enjoy my cruise to the fullest of *my* ability. Well anyway, I think I've probably bored you all too much. I picked out our cabin. I need to make sure we are close to the elevators as I just cannot navigate stairs. I can do them once for the muster drill but not on a regular basis, oh no! But, I'm not sure I've picked the right one. Decisions, Decisions!!! :rotfl2:

Hi, Everyone!:wave2: Looking forward to getting to know everyone between now and cruise time next year!
See my situation is that it is pretty much impossible for us to cruise in the summer due to sheer cost and hubby getting time off. He did manage to get a week off this summer but by the time we know which we he will get the price are just too cost prohibitive for us to cruise. What we would have to pay for a cruise this summer would be the price of the next two cruises we are taking combined. He can get off very easily during the rest of the year but we have a daughter is HS. She is allowed to miss up to 5 days excused and we are not afraid to have her miss. She missed 4 days last fall and still pulled her 4.0!! We are so proud! She worked to do it, but she knew what it would entail and she loves DCL & WDW as much as her mommy :lovestruc. We work around the school calendar to try to pick the week where she misses the least amount of school but due to my medical issues we needed to build extra travel time into our schedule. I had two back surgeries 4 months apart (one in late 2010 & one in early 2011) Well the one in early 2011 didn't go so well and I now have permanent damage. (and because of this I need to know where my cabin is so I can't book the cheaper GTY cabins :sad1:) So travel is always going to be more complicated for us now. Thank goodness my parents have a second home in Melbourne, FL which is 30ish minutes from PC!! So we have somewhere to stay before our cruise for free. YAY! And they don't rent the house and are only down there for Jan/feb/march. We tend to cruise in the fall. Ideally, I like to come in 2 nights before my cruise to give my body time to rest since travel is so hard on me. I feel like that will give me the best chance at being able to enjoy my cruise to the fullest of *my* ability. Well anyway, I think I've probably bored you all too much. I picked out our cabin. I need to make sure we are close to the elevators as I just cannot navigate stairs. I can do them once for the muster drill but not on a regular basis, oh no! But, I'm not sure I've picked the right one. Decisions, Decisions!!! :rotfl2:

WELCOME!!!!! you didn't bore us at all and KUDOS to you for still cruising and traveling at all when it's not that 'easy'!!! and how nice that you can use your parents home to rest before the cruise!!! What grade will your daughter be in when we cruise?

WELCOME!!!!! you didn't bore us at all and KUDOS to you for still cruising and traveling at all when it's not that 'easy'!!! and how nice that you can use your parents home to rest before the cruise!!! What grade will your daughter be in when we cruise?

Well technically, she will be a freshman in college, but she is still 17 so she will still be eligible for VIBE. She started kindergarten when she was 4. She has a late birthday and that's how our school system's dates worked here... She's always been on the young end in her class. But it is what it is. She's not going to go away to college her first year (probably two), she's not ready and we've discussed the financial side with her. But anyway, she's excited to get to enjoy VIBE one last time on that cruise as she knows that will be her last time in the club so I'm sure she will cherish it. She is actually planning on doing dual enrollment her senior year. First semester she will attend high school part-time and second semester she will attend hight school part-time and take college courses as well. So she is pretty excited about all of next year's changes! :goodvibes

Well technically, she will be a freshman in college, but she is still 17 so she will still be eligible for VIBE. She started kindergarten when she was 4. She has a late birthday and that's how our school system's dates worked here... She's always been on the young end in her class. But it is what it is. She's not going to go away to college her first year (probably two), she's not ready and we've discussed the financial side with her. But anyway, she's excited to get to enjoy VIBE one last time on that cruise as she knows that will be her last time in the club so I'm sure she will cherish it. She is actually planning on doing dual enrollment her senior year. First semester she will attend high school part-time and second semester she will attend hight school part-time and take college courses as well. So she is pretty excited about all of next year's changes! :goodvibes

ahhhh - same as me - i started school at age 4 (in England)....so started college at 17 as well....was ALWAYS the youngest in my class - good points & bad...but looking back - it turned out okay!!! I'm sure she'll be just fine!
looking forward to meeting you all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter