October 11, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Magic (San Juan)

Canadian Geese Headed South!
Signed up 2 weeks ago for this cruise and saying hello now! :wave2:

This southern Caribbean itinerary is a dream come true for me, but the kids would much prefer a visit to Castaway Cay. I may have to succumb to the child pressure and change over to the Fantasy, but we love the Magic! For the 3rd cruise in a row, we have the same staterooms! Ok, not balconies, but connected outside staterooms. We last sailed on her in November, and had an awesome time!

November's our favourite time to cruise and this one being in the middle of hurricane season may also change our plans. We'll see how finances go and we'll take it from there.

Our family is me, Barry, 46
DW, Christine - Around my age
DS, Erik - 13 at cruise time
DD, Holly - 11
DS, Peter - 7

So there you have it, if we make it, we'll be heading from near Toronto, Canada. Love the Caribbean, love the Magic and we Love Disney! TTYL!

Welcome, Barry and family. :wave2:

I've been quiet for a while, but I have gotten some good ideas about where to stay before the cruise (Sheraton - good option) and that I'll probably bring coconut rum on board. :lmao:

This southern Caribbean itinerary is a dream come true for me, but the kids would much prefer a visit to Castaway Cay. I may have to succumb to the child pressure and change over to the Fantasy, but we love the Magic! For the 3rd cruise in a row, we have the same staterooms! Ok, not balconies, but connected outside staterooms. We last sailed on her in November, and had an awesome time!

November's our favourite time to cruise and this one being in the middle of hurricane season may also change our plans. We'll see how finances go and we'll take it from there.

Our family is me, Barry, 46
DW, Christine - Around my age
DS, Erik - 13 at cruise time
DD, Holly - 11
DS, Peter - 7

So there you have it, if we make it, we'll be heading from near Toronto, Canada. Love the Caribbean, love the Magic and we Love Disney! TTYL!

Welcome Barry, Christine & family. Glad to have some fellow Canadians with us. We are in the minority! We have a Facebook page for the group as well, lots of fun over there as well. A really active group!

Welcome Barry, Christine & family. Glad to have some fellow Canadians with us. We are in the minority! We have a Facebook page for the group as well, lots of fun over there as well. A really active group!
Thanks for that update Steve! We'll decline on that FB for now as DW hates FB and we're not 100% guaranteed to go yet. Great to see the Canucks aboard though!
The Magic is special to us. When we boarded last November and we got to the Mickey Pool area and walked the deck I immediately said "I'm Home!" Yeah, it's that great of a ship.:cool1:
BTW, I've actually been to St. Albert a few years ago! Nice to warm up from there!

we just booked the southern Caribbean. We have done the Western a couple of times and very excited about the new ports.

Anyone have any idea why very few of the port's show up when looking up possible port adventures

:cheer2:

Anyone have any idea why very few of the port's show up when looking up possible port adventures
They're new ports to DCL so they're likely still working on various adventures that would suit well with the cruise line. Bear in mind, it's a family cruise and they want to cover themselves for any liabilities so perhaps dotting the i's and crossing the t's carefully.

WELCOME:cool1:

we just booked the southern Caribbean. We have done the Western a couple of times and very excited about the new ports.

:cheer2:

WElcome:hyper:

Silverfox97 22
TifffanyD 20
kendzee94 18
Morsel (Chris/Lynn) 11
stalbertsteve 10
gometros 9
dizzi 9
srauchbauer 8
kaseyC 8
ksinglet 8
ACDSNY 7
ethanash1 7
mom3girls2000 7
ssanders79 7
Enna 7
Hollywood Glitter 7
oybolshoi 6
E&BMom 6
luvmygrljb 5
DindelsPA 5
PBader 4
cwdefouw 4
schimj 4
threewilmingtonwalls 4
LeslieG 4
alamere1496 4
alexandmaddie 4
jd99 4
disneymagicgirl 4
corbett744 4
All Things Simba 3
QuiltTeddy 3
Tiggersisimtheonly1 3
GoofyLovingFamily 3
Pocahantas 3
ChipNDaleGal 3
AndyR 3
TDC Nala 2
peloha86 2
scrapbookmomma74 2
eyesing4u 2
karylrocks 2
Poohbug 2
belle07 2
OceanLvr 2
Donald & Daisy Duck 2
amystevekai&bump 2
justhat 2
kstategrad 2
jmb910 2
hedgerow 2
cameron991 2
tigger137 2
LV Disney Fan(atic) 2
kehonuamemano 2
capshockeygrl 2
elcabezas 1
bsusanmb 1
Jusacuz 1
llnolte 1
modisneychick 1
minigamo 1
IrishCowboy 1
farmerswife 1
chrisshell64 1
canadiandisneyfamof4 1
ShellB8585 1
pouncingpluto 1
E-P-C-O-T 1
woodduckmn 1
SDDisneyFamily 1
3PiratesAndAPrincess 1
blesidangl 1
Belle4 1
TFrye 1
wajones2 1
KikiMouse 1

I always think this is interesting....to see who is chatting it up, and who may be just lurking around!!!!
Definitely Lurking. LOL It's easier for me to keep up on FB since I spend most of my day there. Only check in here every now and then.

dizzi 38
Silverfox97 34
TifffanyD 30
kendzee94 21
threewilmingtonwalls 20
oybolshoi 13
gometros 12
stalbertsteve 12
mom3girls2000 12
Morsel (Chris/Lynn) 11
LV Disney Fan(atic) 9
ethanash1 8
ksinglet 8
kaseyC 8
srauchbauer 8
ACDSNY 8
Hollywood Glitter 7
ssanders79 7
Enna 7
luvmygrljb 6
E&BMom 6
DindelsPA 5
jmb910 5
disneymagicgirl 5
jd99 5
schimj 5
alamere1496 4
LeslieG 4
Pocahantas 4
corbett744 4
alexandmaddie 4
cameron991 4
PBader 4
cwdefouw 4
ChipNDaleGal 4
OceanLvr 3
Donald & Daisy Duck 3
kehonuamemano 3
AndyR 3
Tower 3
GoofyLovingFamily 3
All Things Simba 3
QuiltTeddy 3
Tiggersisimtheonly1 3
karylrocks 2
TFrye 2
amystevekai&bump 2
capshockeygrl 2
eyesing4u 2
justhat 2
kstategrad 2
belle07 2
tigger137 2
peloha86 2
scrapbookmomma74 2
ShellB8585 2
TDC Nala 2
Poohbug 2
hedgerow 2
bsusanmb 1
Jusacuz 1
wajones2 1
farmerswife 1
IrishCowboy 1
E-P-C-O-T 1
blesidangl 1
newflyer 1
pouncingpluto 1
KikiMouse 1
elcabezas 1
ladybg1209 1
modisneychick 1
minigamo 1
Belle4 1
BriarRosie 1
AnnKangas 1
crazy4DCL 1
canadiandisneyfamof4 1
llnolte 1
chrisshell64 1
SDDisneyFamily 1
3PiratesAndAPrincess 1
woodduckmn

OH GOSH, did not think I had been that mouthy!!

I like FB.........I love the DIS!

I cannot believe we are on page 29 and 18 mths from sailing! Active group! I am in the process of building a new house...closing next week. WDW in May. After that things will settle down and I can chat it up more. Until then, I just pop in to skim over any impt info occasionally. Looking forward to this sailing. I have been trying to talk my inlaws into joining us. DMIL is always trying to get us to plan a trip together. The catch is she doesn't want to spend her vacation time/dollars where we want to go and vice versa. Oh well, I extended the invite. :confused3

I'll be more active in a couple of weeks :rotfl2:

Just have a quick trip to Tokyo Disney a week from today :cool1:

disneymagicgirl said:
I cannot believe we are on page 29 and 18 mths from sailing! Active group! I am in the process of building a new house...closing next week. WDW in May. After that things will settle down and I can chat it up more. Until then, I just pop in to skim over any impt info occasionally. Looking forward to this sailing. I have been trying to talk my inlaws into joining us. DMIL is always trying to get us to plan a trip together. The catch is she doesn't want to spend her vacation time/dollars where we want to go and vice versa. Oh well, I extended the invite. :confused3

On the DIS app it looks busier. On page 43 :-)

I actually find myself on here more than FB. I am on FB all the time, but it gets hard to read who posted where, etc. On here I can just go in order from the date :).

We are headed to WDW in less than 2 weeks for an Eastern cruise on the Fantasy. Can't wait. I need a vacation so bad.

So sorry I have not been on the Dis for a long time: three weeks ago we adopted an 8 week old yellow lab named Archie. Then he developed a severe case of kennel cough. We then had a family vacation on the Wonder and had a wonderful time sailing the seas.

I am not doing any planning for this vacation until after our trip to the world in June. Then I will start reading travel books and getting a feel for each island.

Time to sign off and watch the Minnesota Gophers play some basketball.

So sorry I have not been on the Dis for a long time: three weeks ago we adopted an 8 week old yellow lab named Archie. Then he developed a severe case of kennel cough. We then had a family vacation on the Wonder and had a wonderful time sailing the seas.

I am not doing any planning for this vacation until after our trip to the world in June. Then I will start reading travel books and getting a feel for each island.

Time to sign off and watch the Minnesota Gophers play some basketball.

Oh tsk :( I hope the pupster is doing better by now!

Thanks for checking in :). Enjoy the b-ball and have a great trip in June:yay:!!

TTFN.

Hello,

Busy weekend for me.

But just don't want to loose the CHATTY KATHY title!!!:rotfl2:

More people go there than here,

Not calling any one out for using FB, I go to the page everyday, I HAVE TO TOO.....

I need to chat about my cruise.

:rotfl2:

to a resort? instead of an excursion?

I am looking into it for at least one island, just for a beach day,

Most I have looked at include meals and drinks and use of pool and lounge chairs and all non motorized water sports n some include a room.

I m trying to find one that includes golf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter