October 10, 2016 - Disney Dream

I'm so excited to have found this board. This will be our first cruise, and I'm so excited it gets to be a Disney cruise. My husband and I will be traveling with our 5 year old, and 10 month old daughters.

Hi fellow cruisers
I'd love to join in the FE here on the dis boards:-)
I'm very new so please be patient while I learn the ropes
This will be cruise number 7, 4th with Disney :-)

Whoever's organising the FE will either split us into groups or have one big group and give us the final numbers about 8 weeks out, that's how I've done it before. So we have 8 weeks to make or buy the FE gifts
:-)

Hey guys, I would love to join the fray group but I'm so new to this board. My cousins frequent these forums and have encouraged me to take the plunge. I do not believe I have access to private messages yet being so new.

Howdy fellow Disney cruisers... My family and I will be sailing on the Oct 10, 2016, Dream and would love to join in on the FE fun! I did send a pm to our leader. Hope it isn't too late to join. This is my first cruise and it will be a surprise for our daughters. I'm so excited!!!

I am coming forward: I'd like to coordinate the FE Exchange for our cruise!

For basic info and definitions, please see: http://www.disboards.com/threads/fish-extenders-101-can-someone-educate-me.2259129/#post-33184281

On my first cruise, the gifts were very simple representations of where you are from, but it is up to each person/cabin to decide what you want to gift and whether or not you want to include any name or contact information on your gift. (It can be nice to compliment someone, or ask where you can find more of something, but anonymous pixie dust is just as magical.)

Because not everyone cruises the same way, I will have four lists:
  • Kids Only (17 and younger) -- gifts from kids to kids;
  • Adults Only (18 and older) -- gifts from adults to adults;
  • All Ages -- gifts from cabin to cabin, regardless of age;
  • Last Minute Pixie Dust -- for people who sign up after the initial deadline has passed (and open to anyone who is willing/able to come up with last-minute gifts to include these folks)
The first three lists will "close" two months before we sail, Wednesday, August 10, 2016. I will send each participant a copy of their group list by the end of that weekend.

The fourth list will close Friday, September 16, 2016 (leaving four full weekends/three weeks before sailing), and I will send each participant a copy of the group list that evening.

I will post an updated participant count for each list every month. This will be just a general count; you are not "committed" until deadline day!

And the rules will be very basic:
  • Whichever FE list you join, you will be expected to gift each and every cabin on your list;
  • Gifts can be a single item "cabin" to "cabin" or to each individual (if by individual, please do not leave anyone out!)
  • Respect food allergies (who wants to spend their vacation in a hospital?)
  • Have fun!
If you are interested in participating, please send me a Private Message that includes:
  • DIS Screen Name
  • Cabin Number (as soon as you have it, but not required until deadline)
  • Which FE group/list you want to join
  • Number of adults in your cabin, including first name, gender and age (surnames optional!)
  • Number of children in your cabin (if applicable), including first name, gender and age
  • Special celebration
  • Food allergies
  • Any other information that would be helpful to a gift-giver, such as Special Needs or Favorite Characters
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

-- Ali
How do we join FE exchange I'm new to dis boards

I am coming forward: I'd like to coordinate the FE Exchange for our cruise!

For basic info and definitions, please see: http://www.disboards.com/threads/fish-extenders-101-can-someone-educate-me.2259129/#post-33184281

On my first cruise, the gifts were very simple representations of where you are from, but it is up to each person/cabin to decide what you want to gift and whether or not you want to include any name or contact information on your gift. (It can be nice to compliment someone, or ask where you can find more of something, but anonymous pixie dust is just as magical.)

Because not everyone cruises the same way, I will have four lists:
  • Kids Only (17 and younger) -- gifts from kids to kids;
  • Adults Only (18 and older) -- gifts from adults to adults;
  • All Ages -- gifts from cabin to cabin, regardless of age;
  • Last Minute Pixie Dust -- for people who sign up after the initial deadline has passed (and open to anyone who is willing/able to come up with last-minute gifts to include these folks)
The first three lists will "close" two months before we sail, Wednesday, August 10, 2016. I will send each participant a copy of their group list by the end of that weekend.

The fourth list will close Friday, September 16, 2016 (leaving four full weekends/three weeks before sailing), and I will send each participant a copy of the group list that evening.

I will post an updated participant count for each list every month. This will be just a general count; you are not "committed" until deadline day!

And the rules will be very basic:
  • Whichever FE list you join, you will be expected to gift each and every cabin on your list;
  • Gifts can be a single item "cabin" to "cabin" or to each individual (if by individual, please do not leave anyone out!)
  • Respect food allergies (who wants to spend their vacation in a hospital?)
  • Have fun!
If you are interested in participating, please send me a Private Message that includes:
  • DIS Screen Name
  • Cabin Number (as soon as you have it, but not required until deadline)
  • Which FE group/list you want to join
  • Number of adults in your cabin, including first name, gender and age (surnames optional!)
  • Number of children in your cabin (if applicable), including first name, gender and age
  • Special celebration
  • Food allergies
  • Any other information that would be helpful to a gift-giver, such as Special Needs or Favorite Characters
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

-- Ali
Not sure how to PM but we wanna join the FE swap

Hey guys, I would love to join the fray group but I'm so new to this board. My cousins frequent these forums and have encouraged me to take the plunge. I do not believe I have access to private messages yet being so new.
Are you still interested in joining this FE?

If people are interested in doing a FE, I would be more than happy to organize one. We are limited on time and this is my first cruise, but it shouldn't be too hard to do. Even if there are just a few folks wanting to join in, it's better than nothing! For those individuals wanting to participate, I will need you to send me the following information by no later than August 17th:
Your name
Email address
Cabin #
Adult names/gender/favorite character(s)
Children names/gender/favorite character(s)
Any allergies?
Are you celebrating a special occasion?

If the original coordinator should come back, then we can combine lists. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, but just wanted to make the cruise a little more exciting!!
Thanks,
trixie1216 (Laura)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter