Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they. don't. LIKE. me. over. there.:sad1:

[....I ask you: what's NOT to like? :confused3 ]

Kimmar - I don't know why they wouldn't like you. :confused3

For a first time rental, I would go through a company like David's. True, you pay more per point, but you also have more peace of mind. When you rent through an individual, there has to be mutual trust.......... usually not a problem, but you could get scammed (it happens :sad2:).

...okay....something is bizzaro on the WDW website: I just went on it again and got a price for a 6 nite/5 day stay [4/7 - 4/12] of $2,388.26 for a std room at AKL WITH room, tax, 4-day basic pass, and dining....:confused3

It doesn't surprise me if their website is acting up. Call them.

....too early to get excited yet....WITH airfare that price jumps to $3,199.86....holy Hannah!

Drive??? At least do a cost/time comparison?

I have to leave for the day. I hope when I come back later this evening, I can read that you've booked your trip, Kimmar. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

wow thats a lot of $$$.

Considering my 9 night trip in 2011 for run tix & food & airfare for 4 of us was only $3998;;lol

....just for the heck of it, I tried 4/6 - 4/11 and got a price of $2,495.46 for room, tax, 4-day tix, and dining and added the $381.60 for airfare [directly from Jet Blue], which totals $2,877.06.....

...of course, the room price went up for the Saturday stay, but the airfare is a lot lower...

I agree with RachelTori on this. The trade off for the extra bathroom and space is the location. Many people would rather be closer to the action. (Mara, Boma, Jiko, the big lobby, etc.)

I actually prefer Kidani. Love the two bathrooms! Love the laid back pace. Since we cook a lot of meals in our Villa, I don't miss the quick service restaurant at all.

....thanks for the suggestion, but I think it's way too late for an April vacay...

Kim, talk to me. I have points, will rent them very economically. Seriously.

Hey I didn't know Keith had Vacation points too....LoL:lmao: Besides I have a measly 39 points which along w/ next years points are going to be consumed rather quickly for the California trip...

I too would check Davids....Way way cheaper. Even now with people trying at the last minute there are some getting rid of points for $10 & $ 8 per point...A huge savings.

So that's what you've been doing hanging out on the DL forum! ::yes::

Kim, by changing the day to Sun - Fri, the price I get is 2388.26 w/ out airfare...

psac said:
I agree with RachelTori on this. The trade off for the extra bathroom and space is the location. Many people would rather be closer to the action. (Mara, Boma, Jiko, the big lobby, etc.)

I guess if we did a non park vacation, I'd want to be closer to the resort action. We mostly spend our time in the parks. When we stayed at Kidani, I bought groceries to make breakfast in the room.

I actually prefer Kidani. Love the two bathrooms! Love the laid back pace. Since we cook a lot of meals in our Villa, I don't miss the quick service restaurant at all.

Kim, talk to me. I have points, will rent them very economically. Seriously.

So that's what you've been doing hanging out on the DL forum! ::yes::

LoL Looking to change it up next February hopefully....At 1st I was skeptical but, hoping that this plan will come into fruition...

With a measly 160 points its very hard to manage this into the amount of time I'd like to go..LoL which realistically would be 364 days a year. 1 day off would be sufficient..RIGHT? LoL

Kim, by changing the day to Sun - Fri, the price I get is 2388.26 w/ out airfare...

....of course, I could drop the Dining Plan, bringing it down to $1,832.36, and YOU could cook us our meals every day...:rolleyes1

You will most likely be in the 1st or 2nd pod off the lobby -- on either Kudu or Zebra Trail. The only request I ever make for AKL-CL is "close to lobby" and that seems to always get me in the first pod, usually on Kudu Trail! :thumbsup2

Thank you! We are excited to go back "home". We ventured out and tried CR and BC and those resorts just don't do it for us like AKL. :goodvibes: Can not wait for snacks, drinks, sitting and watching the animals.

You want to go for the second set of dates. The 6th is the last day of Premier Season and the points drop substantially starting the 7th.

...good to know....of course, that's when airfare RISES substantially....*sigh* I can never catch a break...:confused3

Thank you! We are excited to go back "home". We ventured out and tried CR and BC and those resorts just don't do it for us like AKL. :goodvibes: Can not wait for snacks, drinks, sitting and watching the animals.

Uh-oh, my next trip is at VWL and BCV. I hope I still like them. :flower3:

...good to know....of course, that's when airfare RISES substantially....*sigh* I can never catch a break...:confused3

being its a Saturday yes its already higher & like she stated last day for the High season as well. But if extra$120 or so that you'll spend per point is waay cheaper than the extra you'd pay for the airfare I'd just do it.

Gotta split for a while . Gonna practice baseball w/ Matt DS .hopefully things work out. If you end up going that Saturday LMK & I'll try n book Dining for us that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter