Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does AKL have the cultural and animal programs year round or is that just a "busy season" thing? Sounds like there is a lot to do at the resort!

All year round. :goodvibes - There IS a ton of fun stuff to do! We always feel like we didn't get to do all that we wanted at the resort..even after 3 trips there...I guess we will have to go back again. :rolleyes1;):banana:

We just stayed at the Beach Club earlier this month and there weren't nearly as many activities!! Sure we had pool activities and the campfire/movie stuff but I'm loving the cultural things at AKL!! Can't wait til November!

So we are planning a November trip and we were thinking of Poly, but I've read some things that the pool maybe closed...so I'm moving on!

I have a few questions. It will be DH and our 2 boys (3 1/2 and 7) I'm trying to decide on rooms. It look likes if there are room discounts, it only applies to standard and pool views? Does this also include pool views with bunks? I would love the savanna view but not sure if we could without the discount.

I guess that is all for now. We had dinner at Boma a few years ago and loved it!

So we are planning a November trip and we were thinking of Poly, but I've read some things that the pool maybe closed...so I'm moving on!

I have a few questions. It will be DH and our 2 boys (3 1/2 and 7) I'm trying to decide on rooms. It look likes if there are room discounts, it only applies to standard and pool views? Does this also include pool views with bunks? I would love the savanna view but not sure if we could without the discount.

I guess that is all for now. We had dinner at Boma a few years ago and loved it!

I know in the past when we've had a savannah view room, the discount applied. I think it's the suites where the room discount doesn't usually apply. But I'm not positive about that.

Just talked my husband into a trip for next January. We rented points last time. He said if we can rent points and stay at AKV, then he's fine with it. Otherwise, it will be another year. I'm shocked he agreed - I can only attribute it to him really, really liking AKL. So now I can go crazy with my planning - will the QS dining plan work better, or should we pay OOP? Do we try to get our kids into the classes for the YES program, or will Behind the Seeds suffice for making the trip educational? How many days do we make resort-only because we never seem to get around to the really fun activities?

Sorry for the blather - just really excited. :)

Question...akl looks bigger on the map than i remember from our last stay there. We were very close to lobby so it really didnt matter. Now im wondering if there are multiple entrances? Seems like it could potentially be a long walk with heavy luggage if you are at a far end. Just trying to an ahead for a stay and maybe get an idea of what is a good request for location even. And can you park near other entrances if there are any? Thanks! We didnt drive last time...this time we are ;)

Oh my, how frustrating! Happy Anniversary!!!

Thanks!! Hopefully it is fixed. We will find out in the morning when we get to MK!! My hubby and I did get VIP seats for Wishes and the Electrical Parade tonight. Lilly is one fantastic CM!! She has made up for all of the craziness!! Oh, we are the second to last block of rooms!! It is a LONG walk down!! I mean, really long!! At least I'm burning off all of these calories!!

Pool activities

And we were told at check-in that we could use the pool and facilities of both Jambo and Kidani and that there is shuttle service between the two. So you can definitely swim in both pools.

Great pics! Hope you have a great vacation keep us posted!

Well, today we had another challenge!! We went to Cape May for breakfast and there was a tour group of 90 teenage girls!!!!! OH.MY.WORD!!!! It was CRAZY!! Then we walked over to Epcot and what do you know? We couldn't get in. We had to go to guest services and it showed no tickets in the system!! When we got rebooked to make our DDP work, somehow our tickets did not transfer! He gave us tickets for the day and when we got back to Kadani, I had to stop at the desk. It was another hour of waiting. The CM was the same one from yesterday so she was very aware of our situation. She is currently working her "magic" for me and my hubby since today is our anniversary and we are going to MK tonight (just the 2 of us)!! I'll report back and let y'all know what happens next. Oh, we had maid service today. I thought they only came once during your week-long stay?! And she thanked us for being patient. What is getting upset going to do?? I just hope everything is ok, now!!

Oh my! It is what we Brits call a catalogue of disasters. Maybe they gave you extra maid service to pixie dust you for the ticket /room card fiasco to date! Hope you manage to get it sorted. I hope they work some magic for your anniversary. How many glorious years? Did they sort you out in the end?

We are here now and it is wonderful. We are at Kadani in a 2 bedroom savannah view!! I'm in love!! The only issues we had were the DDP. We got our mugs and then walked over to the Mara to eat dinner. Cards would not scan on the new system. Someone had to come over and put it in manually. I stopped by front desk to have them check our cards and DDP was not working and they could not get it to work!! It took about an hour to fix everything. They had to rebook our room (a supervisor that was on the phone did) and they were finally fixed!! It started our plan over!! Yay for us!! The on-site supervisor gave us a fast pass for tomorrow for our trouble!! Now we have 10 mugs and 5 extra quick service credits!! The CM asked me if we had anything planned and I told her no, this is why we never plan anything for day of check-in!! You just never know if things will go wrong! Fortunately, my mom got to take the kids to the pool while they worked everything out!! I asked my hubby if we could move in here!! : )

We just left akl on Sunday and had a similar issue with the ddp. It didn't show any credits remaining (but showed we had it) on check in day.
Ours took an hour and some change to fix. I was solo with the kids. Supervisor had to rebook entire vacation. We had some wonderful pixie dust before this and as a result of this. I could not be more impressed with the staff at akl.

We just left akl on Sunday and had a similar issue with the ddp. It didn't show any credits remaining (but showed we had it) on check in day.
Ours took an hour and some change to fix. I was solo with the kids. Supervisor had to rebook entire vacation. We had some wonderful pixie dust before this and as a result of this. I could not be more impressed with the staff at akl.

Same here! Staff has been AMAZING!! My husband and I are both very laid back and pretty patient with stuff like this. As long as they are trying to fix it, then I have all the patience in the world. The pixie dust has been great! They have went out of their way to make up for our issues!!

Oh my! It is what we Brits call a catalogue of disasters. Maybe they gave you extra maid service to pixie dust you for the ticket /room card fiasco to date! Hope you manage to get it sorted. I hope they work some magic for your anniversary. How many glorious years? Did they sort you out in the end?

13 years!! And we will find out in a few if my tickets are back on my key. I hope we get into MK this morning without any issues!! I WILL be sending Disney an email about how wonderful the staff has been to us!! They have went above and beyond!!

Johnsonet, thanks so much for checking. If they cannot get diet for us, I'll just drink half the amount. Don't know if we can get it on the Fantasy, either, so would have bought enough to bring on board.

Enjoying your posts and all the pictures. One year from right now for us!

Now, if someone would just tell me what an IPO is and how it/they can be utilized if we're on CL.

Amazing group of folks here. Everyone is so gracious.

Jennie

Just to update my last post re room requests....

I rang AKL and was told requests could only be made ten days out if it was booked through a third party rather than direct - just a heads up for anyone reading the thread!

Totally worth the call to be told to "have a magical day" though!!! :)

13 years!! And we will find out in a few if my tickets are back on my key. I hope we get into MK this morning without any issues!! I WILL be sending Disney an email about how wonderful the staff has been to us!! They have went above and beyond!!

13 years congrats! Good luck with your tickets. The staff are wonderful at AK we felt the same. Showed genuine concern.

Just to update my last post re room requests....

I rang AKL and was told requests could only be made ten days out if it was booked through a third party rather than direct - just a heads up for anyone reading the thread!

Totally worth the call to be told to "have a magical day" though!!! :)

Oh I love being told to have a magical day! Never gets old!

I just wanted to come by and say that me and my wife are exactly 3 months away from our Disney Honeymoon today!! We will be at the Lodge September 18th-27th, 10 glorious days. It is our first time staying here but after eating at Jiko on our last trip and strolling around the grounds we knew we wanted to stay here for our honeymoon. Needless to say, our excitement is starting to boil over already. pixiedust:

I just wanted to come by and say that me and my wife are exactly 3 months away from our Disney Honeymoon today!! We will be at the Lodge September 18th-27th, 10 glorious days. It is our first time staying here but after eating at Jiko on our last trip and strolling around the grounds we knew we wanted to stay here for our honeymoon. Needless to say, our excitement is starting to boil over already. pixiedust:

Oh congrats! That's how we feel in love with it. We came to dine there and were wowed by it. But I have to worn you. Staying there is different. We just got back in May. It's not great like you think. It's somewhere north of WONDERFUL!

You will have an amazing time!

Johnsonet, thanks so much for checking. If they cannot get diet for us, I'll just drink half the amount. Don't know if we can get it on the Fantasy, either, so would have bought enough to bring on board.

Jennie

Are you not able to take the quinine tablets by themselves? It would be a lot easier to travel with.

Hello All! So we will be leaving to our very first WDW vacation in just 48 days! ahhhhh! :faint: anyways after many, MANY, resort changes we have settled on staying our 8 nights at AKL! The lodge is beautiful and my kids are animal lovers and I love the cultural aspect of it. We were going to do a split stay but ultimately we decided we want it to be as least complicated as possible. A little nervous about not having a car (everyone says AKL is "Far" from the parks) but we are really go with the flow people and want this trip to be about touring and relaxing as well! We will be there from AUG 5-13th and I have to put in some room requests:confused3 I guess because of my little one I want to be close to the lobby but do is that all I should say? (tried looking at the map but just a tad confused lol) We booked a standard view room. I also wanted to ask if Boma is really worth it? We are huge breakfast people and thinking of canceling our Ohana "off day" ressie and switching to BOMA so we can just have a relaxing day at the resort. ANy help would be great! Thank you! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter