Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea they would do anything special. I think it must have been a manager that came out and chatted with me, he said they enjoy doing things like that. Then said I should come over Christmas, they do a lot of special things. :)

Now THAT is hard to resist :santa:
I know the lobby is gorgeous at Christmas!

We are here now and it is wonderful. We are at Kadani in a 2 bedroom savannah view!! I'm in love!! The only issues we had were the DDP. We got our mugs and then walked over to the Mara to eat dinner. Cards would not scan on the new system. Someone had to come over and put it in manually. I stopped by front desk to have them check our cards and DDP was not working and they could not get it to work!! It took about an hour to fix everything. They had to rebook our room (a supervisor that was on the phone did) and they were finally fixed!! It started our plan over!! Yay for us!! The on-site supervisor gave us a fast pass for tomorrow for our trouble!! Now we have 10 mugs and 5 extra quick service credits!! The CM asked me if we had anything planned and I told her no, this is why we never plan anything for day of check-in!! You just never know if things will go wrong! Fortunately, my mom got to take the kids to the pool while they worked everything out!! I asked my hubby if we could move in here!! : )

Glad you're having a great trip! Even though it was troublesome what a bonus for the extra QS credits.

Hi Everyone!
We are doing a split stay this time and checking out of BC to come over to AKL CL. I'm thinking we should check out early at BC and check in early at AKL just so we can start enjoying AKL. Has the text messaging for when your room is ready worked well for all of you? We pretty much are going to stay on Resort for this trip and thought I'd just change there and do the pool thing while we wait. So excited for this experience!:)

the text message DID work..we had a terrible time actually checking in. We arrived at 9:30am so I wasn't thinking the room would be ready, but at 3:45 we still hadn't been notified. I went to the desk and they had to physically go to the room and check to see if it was done because the room status had not changed.

In addition, I thought I would tell you all about some room issues. Sunday, once we got the room there were several things not right and we had to report it Monday morning.
The shower didn't want to come on when you pulled the valve. The fan was so loud it was hard to sleep, the bed closest to the door creaked so loud my daughter couldn't turn over without waking up and finally, the clothes line over the tub was missing. the housing was there, but no retractable line. We reported it in the morning and by the time we came back around 2, EVERYTHING was repaired!! So I was really happy with the service. I was afraid with the bed problem, we would get moved.

Thanks for the reply! I figured we could get there (not sure how...bus/or taxi) about 10 a.m or so..maybe a bit earlier and maybe I will double check with them after 3 if we don't get a text by that time. Thankyou!

this was literally the FIRST time I was not able to go to my room before 11am. BUTTTT, I usually am there in the off seasons, I think the hotel was booked all week so no rooms just sitting and waiting for me.
That and I had a specific request of Giraffe Trail/ Lobby Level

Yes, I suspect being July and all...I will have a wait for sure. But hubby and I will be sitting/swimming at the pool, so all is good!:cool1:

Yes, I suspect being July and all...I will have a wait for sure. But hubby and I will be sitting/swimming at the pool, so all is good!:cool1:

Also, staying CL may improve your chances of getting into your room. They ask for your arrival time via Ipo so they can try to have your room ready. We usually have our luggage already in the room when we are done in the lounge. FYI, if you want beverages for the pool they are very accommodating in the lounge.

Thankyou for that tidbit! I will probably be happy no matter what...first time CL first time AKL! Can it get any better!!? I will be sure to let them know and see how it goes!:goodvibes

Hi, all:
I see references to IPO, but cannot find what it is with search. We have been scheduled for AKL and ten days ago upgraded to CL, since it will be a three-day resort only vacation prior to our DCL Fantasy cruise on the 21 for my 75th! Will the IPO contact us closer to our trip (one year from tomorrow)? Or, how do we contact him/her?:confused3 We already have CL and our TA requested a room with not too much walking since we have mobility problems. The only request we might have is for a king bed or even one queen. We don't need more than one bed and that will give us more room. Thank you all for providing us with a ton of information. I read these boards several times a day. So looking forward to our trip in 366 days!
Thanks for any further information.
Jennie

Well, today we had another challenge!! We went to Cape May for breakfast and there was a tour group of 90 teenage girls!!!!! OH.MY.WORD!!!! It was CRAZY!! Then we walked over to Epcot and what do you know? We couldn't get in. We had to go to guest services and it showed no tickets in the system!! When we got rebooked to make our DDP work, somehow our tickets did not transfer! He gave us tickets for the day and when we got back to Kadani, I had to stop at the desk. It was another hour of waiting. The CM was the same one from yesterday so she was very aware of our situation. She is currently working her "magic" for me and my hubby since today is our anniversary and we are going to MK tonight (just the 2 of us)!! I'll report back and let y'all know what happens next. Oh, we had maid service today. I thought they only came once during your week-long stay?! And she thanked us for being patient. What is getting upset going to do?? I just hope everything is ok, now!!

We arrived today and are overjoyed to be here :)

Grandma Rainbow - Zawadi Marketplace DOES have tonic water (that contains quinine) but NOT diet tonic.

lfortin16 - I asked after not seeing any and they do NOT have logo beach towels. Boohoo :( (they did last year)

tarcc there are lots if items for gift baskets!
FF1CC208-5840-410F-98E4-B9C486ECA9A0-164-0000001B70756826_zps332b6ce3.jpg

84C1D581-361D-46BD-AD0A-A630D9535172-164-00000019873600B3_zps10125093.jpg

832897A4-7342-499D-B29C-1209B7AC8702-164-000000196845DCB0_zpseb508f83.jpg

63A4EBFD-B9F6-4873-B5C8-A14E15641439-164-000000195D8E4653_zps570aad7d.jpg

And here is an "unusual pic from the skybridge", psac. Lol. Someone needed a nap.
7C4923E2-1602-447C-BAFC-A2DDD9FF5815-164-000000194E167378_zps9e5ac20d.jpg

Oh, and our standard, pool view room has a DVD player. I was surprised.

Pool activities

0e9352fdede90f50aefe94a340e73be2_zps4ee89f82.jpg

613734fc51e87049c7898f6db6de7437_zpsf4dc59df.jpg

And we were told at check-in that we could use the pool and facilities of both Jambo and Kidani and that there is shuttle service between the two. So you can definitely swim in both pools.

Well, today we had another challenge!! We went to Cape May for breakfast and there was a tour group of 90 teenage girls!!!!! OH.MY.WORD!!!! It was CRAZY!! Then we walked over to Epcot and what do you know? We couldn't get in. We had to go to guest services and it showed no tickets in the system!! When we got rebooked to make our DDP work, somehow our tickets did not transfer! He gave us tickets for the day and when we got back to Kadani, I had to stop at the desk. It was another hour of waiting. The CM was the same one from yesterday so she was very aware of our situation. She is currently working her "magic" for me and my hubby since today is our anniversary and we are going to MK tonight (just the 2 of us)!! I'll report back and let y'all know what happens next. Oh, we had maid service today. I thought they only came once during your week-long stay?! And she thanked us for being patient. What is getting upset going to do?? I just hope everything is ok, now!!

Oh my, how frustrating! Happy Anniversary!!!

Does AKL have the cultural and animal programs year round or is that just a "busy season" thing? Sounds like there is a lot to do at the resort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter