November 5, 2016 - Disney Fantasy

Hi everyone! We booked this cruise while being aboard for our first cruise on Holloween. It was wonderful. It's jersey week so the kids don't miss too much school. We have a family of 5 and shared an ocean view on the fantasy before, but have a verandah this time. Plus, all 3 of our kids will be able to enjoy the club this time around. (Our youngest was 2.5 last sailing). Can't wait!!

Hi everyone! We booked this cruise while being aboard for our first cruise on Holloween. It was wonderful. It's jersey week so the kids don't miss too much school. We have a family of 5 and shared an ocean view on the fantasy before, but have a verandah this time. Plus, all 3 of our kids will be able to enjoy the club this time around. (Our youngest was 2.5 last sailing). Can't wait!!

Yay! :welcome: So excited for you too! This will be our children first cruise and I/we hope to do more in the future. :dogdance: By the way, do you know how the fish extender "thing" works?
Hope to hear from you soon!
Martha

Hi all! This will be our 1st Disney cruise and our kids' very first cruise! We've signed up for an FE on Facebook - is the one listed here a different group? Not sure we should sign up here or just keep the one on there.....can't wait to learn all about this exciting adventure! Looking forward to hearing about the port excursions as well! :)

Hi all! This will be our 1st Disney cruise and our kids' very first cruise! We've signed up for an FE on Facebook - is the one listed here a different group? Not sure we should sign up here or just keep the one on there.....can't wait to learn all about this exciting adventure! Looking forward to hearing about the port excursions as well! :)

Whaaaat?!! You're first Disney cruise!!!? Well then, :welcome:!!! I am very excited for you all. This will be our second (husband and me), and my kids first cruise too! My lil' monsters are super excited :stitch::ccat:and i am beyond thrilled to be able to take them on their first cruise. I had been asking questions about the FE too, but i have not received any responses at all from my shipmates :confused:. I did not know that I could have signed up through Facebook and I don't know if the sign up on this thread is different from the one one Facebook.
I will sign up on Facebook and ask my questions there, hopefully someone will help me.:chat:. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Martha

Fish Extenders groups can be organized on any number of social sites. However, they are all separate. If you want a FE group on DISboards, it must be organized/handled here. Also, be aware, you can't post links or search directions to other social media sites here on DISboards:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Whaaaat?!! You're first Disney cruise!!!? Well then, :welcome:!!! I am very excited for you all. This will be our second (husband and me), and my kids first cruise too! My lil' monsters are super excited :stitch::ccat:and i am beyond thrilled to be able to take them on their first cruise. I had been asking questions about the FE too, but i have not received any responses at all from my shipmates :confused:. I did not know that I could have signed up through Facebook and I don't know if the sign up on this thread is different from the one one Facebook.
I will sign up on Facebook and ask my questions there, hopefully someone will help me.:chat:. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Martha
- I've been researching and am finding tons of fun things - can't wait!!

- I've been researching and am finding tons of fun things - can't wait!!
Well, thank you very much! :oops: I really could use some help navigating thru all this stuff. I don't do Facebook, twitter or any social web stuff at all. This is the first time I have done anything like this, :o I am very overwhelmed by whats in here! :scared: Is there " How to use dis board.com for dummies", book out there? :blush: I do have some questions though, like is there an age cap for FE and do moms and dads get/give gifts too? What are the do(s) and don't(s) to FE, is there some kind of rules to follow? And what is "Pixie Dust" participation? Oh! :eek: I hope I didn't just scare you off! I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon!:wave2:
Martha

Well, thank you very much! :oops: I really could use some help navigating thru all this stuff. I don't do Facebook, twitter or any social web stuff at all. This is the first time I have done anything like this, :o I am very overwhelmed by whats in here! :scared: Is there " How to use dis board.com for dummies", book out there? :blush: I do have some questions though, like is there an age cap for FE and do moms and dads get/give gifts too? What are the do(s) and don't(s) to FE, is there some kind of rules to follow? And what is "Pixie Dust" participation? Oh! :eek: I hope I didn't just scare you off! I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon!:wave2:
Martha
Each FE group sets up it's own "rules". Such rules can include how many gifts (individual vs. one per room vs. one gift per cruise vs. multiple gifts per cruise vs. whatever you want to do). Some people only give gifts to kids. Others give individual gifts to all participants, others do one gift per room (family gift). Some people will deliver only once during the cruise, others deliver multiple times.

Other decisions that need to be made by the group are the cut off date (generally 30-45 days out from the cruise to allow time for purchase/creation of the gifts. Whether there will be a maximum/minimum price allowed for the gifts. Will there just be one list, with however many rooms on it that sign up before the cut off date, or (as some groups do) break out the list in groups of 10-15 rooms). If the latter, people can sign up for more than on list, if they want.

Generally, no age limit on gift giving/receiving.

Pixie Dust participation is the group of people who show up after the cut off date for sign ups, and want to be added. Some FE groups have a Pixie Dust list, others don't. It's basically a list of those people who were too late for regular signups. Those on the FE list can opt to gift them also, or not. And the Pixie dusters are supposed to gift everyone on the FE list, with the understanding that they will/may not get as much in return.

Each FE group sets up it's own "rules". Such rules can include how many gifts (individual vs. one per room vs. one gift per cruise vs. multiple gifts per cruise vs. whatever you want to do). Some people only give gifts to kids. Others give individual gifts to all participants, others do one gift per room (family gift). Some people will deliver only once during the cruise, others deliver multiple times.

Other decisions that need to be made by the group are the cut off date (generally 30-45 days out from the cruise to allow time for purchase/creation of the gifts. Whether there will be a maximum/minimum price allowed for the gifts. Will there just be one list, with however many rooms on it that sign up before the cut off date, or (as some groups do) break out the list in groups of 10-15 rooms). If the latter, people can sign up for more than on list, if they want.

Generally, no age limit on gift giving/receiving.

Pixie Dust participation is the group of people who show up after the cut off date for sign ups, and want to be added. Some FE groups have a Pixie Dust list, others don't. It's basically a list of those people who were too late for regular signups. Those on the FE list can opt to gift them also, or not. And the Pixie dusters are supposed to gift everyone on the FE list, with the understanding that they will/may not get as much in return.

Gosh, Gee, Willikers!!! I do not envy the one who decides to organize that endeavor :scared:! Thanks soo much :flower3:, now i have a way better understanding on what is to be expected. I hope to get in contact with "mollyclairsmom" soon, to get this Fe going.
Once again :thanks:
Martha

Let's get this party started!

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE (FE)
Let's keep it fun and simple-- I won’t specify any themes or assigned delivery days. It will be up to you whether you want to do one gift per cabin or individual gifts for everyone in each cabin.

Deadline to sign up is August 7th. A list of participating cabins will be provided within a couple days of the deadline, as soon as confirmation of participation is completed.

To sign up, copy and paste the list below into a private message (use "Inbox" link at top right) to me and complete the requested info.

1. Last Name*:
  2. Cabin Number*:
  3. Email Address*:
  4. How many groups would you like to participate in? (Each group will have 10-15 cabins) 1,2,3, or all available:
  5. Name(s) of adults:
  6. Name, age, and gender of all kids:
  7. Comments, clarifications, allergy info, or celebrations:
  8. Are you interested in participating in the "Pixie Dust" group for latecomers who may sign up after the deadline? Y/N:

Let's keep it fun and simple-- I won’t specify any themes or assigned delivery days. It will be up to you whether you want to do one gift per cabin or individual gifts for everyone in each cabin.

Deadline to sign up is August 7th. A list of participating cabins will be provided within a couple days of the deadline, as soon as confirmation of participation is completed.

To sign up, copy and paste the list below into a private message (use "Inbox" link at top right) to me and complete the requested info.

1. Last Name*:
  2. Cabin Number*:
  3. Email Address*:
  4. How many groups would you like to participate in? (Each group will have 10-15 cabins) 1,2,3, or all available:
  5. Name(s) of adults:
  8. Are you interested in participating in the "Pixie Dust" group for latecomers who may sign up after the deadline? Y/N:

Hi Mollyclairsmom,
Just to let you know I am/we are interested in signing up on the FE, but...... as much as I try, I can't seem to make the info you requested in the "inbox". I am not a social media kind of person, I do not Facebook, twitter or linkedin, absolutely nada. So with that being said, I don't know what else to do to give you the info required without giving out to the whole disboard thread to see.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Martha

Hello I just booked for my Mom and me on the Fantasy. Looking forward to our third Disney cruise. We also are excited about getting into a FE exchange group, if there is one open. Thanks

Hi Mollyclairsmom,
Just to let you know I am/we are interested in signing up on the FE, but...... as much as I try, I can't seem to make the info you requested in the "inbox". I am not a social media kind of person, I do not Facebook, twitter or linkedin, absolutely nada. So with that being said, I don't know what else to do to give you the info required without giving out to the whole disboard thread to see.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Martha
In order to do a private conversation, you must have 10 posts on the DISboards. You need to post 2 more times before that feature is available to you.

Hello I just booked for my Mom and me on the Fantasy. Looking forward to our third Disney cruise. We also are excited about getting into a FE exchange group, if there is one open. Thanks

Well, how about that! :welcome:Congratulations and welcome aboard shipmates! The years have been rolling by faster and faster and pretty soon will all be on that cruise sooner than we know it. I to am trying to join the FE exchange group, good luck and hope to hear from you soon!:dogdance:
Martha

In order to do a private conversation, you must have 10 posts on the DISboards. You need to post 2 more times before that feature is available to you.

Thank you so much for your valuable time, energy and help!:worship: I would be so lost and discourage with out your help. You ever consider writing a book for those who lose there way here?:crutches:
Once again. thank you!
Martha

1. Last Name*:
  2. Cabin Number*:
  3. Email Address*:
  5. Name(s) of adults:
Hi mollyclairesmom, I wish to sign up for FE Echanger.

Welcome to our thread for the November 5, 2016 Disney Fantasy Cruise. Come join the fun!
Hi...I just learned about fe....and we are getting ready to book this cruise in the next week...I've never been on this before...so just messaging to make sure im doing what I'm supposed to to get our families on the list. This will be our second cruise with Disney...I noticed the fe last time and didn't know own what it was about...so I'm really excited to be a part of it !!!

Hi...I just learned about fe....and we are getting ready to book this cruise in the next week...I've never been on this before...so just messaging to make sure im doing what I'm supposed to to get our families on the list. This will be our second cruise with Disney...I noticed the fe last time and didn't know own what it was about...so I'm really excited to be a part of it !!!

Congratulations! That is great news and :welcome: aboard! This will be our second cruise (husband & me) and our kids first cruise. Needless to say, we all are very excited :cool1::banana::cheer2::woohoo: about this cruise. Yea, maneuvering thru this DIS messaging is confusing and there are certain guidelines to follow. I still am learning the ropes, however there is a "princesshmoo", that has answered many of my questions. If you haven't done so already, you can read the myriad of questions i have posted and see if you can get some of your questions answered. As soon as I get in contact with whom ever is going to organize the FE club, i will post you as message.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Martha

In order to start a private conversation (if that's what you're looking for) you must have posted at least 10 times here on DISboards. If you wish to up your post count, you can head over to the Test Board and post on one of the threads there. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ Nothing fancy, just a post/comment/whatever.

Once you've gotten your 10 posts, it does take the system a little time (30-60 minutes) to recognize it. You can then start a private conversation by clicking on a person's avatar or username and clicking the "Start a conversation" link there. Then, the Fish Extender organizer will need some information from you to put you on the list. See post #13 on this thread for this information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter