November 25th, 2016 - Black Friday on the Wonder

I guess it depends on how breakable you think it is on if you want DCL to deliver it to your room. Once you get onboard you can leave it at a table or on a chair depending on what you are doing like hanging at the pool so you're not carrying for hours. How are you getting back to the airport? Could you leave it in a rental car or with your friends?

I guess it depends on how breakable you think it is on if you want DCL to deliver it to your room. Once you get onboard you can leave it at a table or on a chair depending on what you are doing like hanging at the pool so you're not carrying for hours. How are you getting back to the airport? Could you leave it in a rental car or with your friends?

We did consider just leaving it on a chair by the pool if we're going to be in the pool area. We're using Galveston Express to get to and from Galveston, and we won't be seeing our friends until after the cruise.

It will just be the inconvenience of carrying it depending on how much else you have. Are you bringing a stroller that you can strap it to? I would say your decision is just how much weight you want to carry onboard. Once you've onboard you just have to wait for the rooms to become available and store it away. I've never cruised with someone so young or still in a car seat so I really don't know how bad it will be carrying it around. I hate to say buy a new, lighter one but that may be your best choice. Love DCL but I also don't know if I would check it either, I've seen pics of the luggage treatment:scared1: It's to bad you can't leave it at a hotel if you are coming in early.

Right now our plan is to just get one of the complimentary strollers as soon as we get on board. I'd really hate to lug it around, and I'm contemplating buying the cheaper one and using it just for travel that way if it gets beat up it's okay. I'd like to only carry on two bags (diaper bag and possible extra bag of toys/snacks etc) I'll talk it over with the husband... decisions decisions decisions.

We will be on this cruise! I want to get a group together to do Fish Extenders!
We are a family of 4, and would love to participate in the FE. Ours boys are 10 & 12. My 12 year old is actually turning 13 2 days after the cruise. This is his brainchild. Kinda a right of passage type thing, since he will be a "teenager". We are "super excited"! First cruise ever.

We are a family of 4, and would love to participate in the FE. Ours boys are 10 & 12. My 12 year old is actually turning 13 2 days after the cruise. This is his brainchild. Kinda a right of passage type thing, since he will be a "teenager". We are "super excited"! First cruise ever.
:welcome: How awesome that your son picked DCL for the first cruise ever! It may spoil you so beware.
To join the FE you need to be at 10 posts as we are keeping most info private and not posting it here. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your count up.
I have been asked why I require an email and it is because once people join the FE here they usually do not come back and post anymore and I need away to contact you:)

Welcome!! How exciting that he picked a Disney cruise! Beware that you'll be spoiled on the cruise! We started cruising in 2010 and absolutely love it! I've only been on Disney, but my husband's also been on carnival. We picked this particular cruise because our daughter turns one on the first sea day. Feel free to ask any questions!

:welcome: How awesome that your son picked DCL for the first cruise ever! It may spoil you so beware.
To join the FE you need to be at 10 posts as we are keeping most info private and not posting it here. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your count up.
I have been asked why I require an email and it is because once people join the FE here they usually do not come back and post anymore and I need away to contact you:)

Last edited:
My email is
If you want to edit your email out, I got it written down. The only other thing I need to know is a room # unless you don't have it yet in which case just get it to me asap.
ETA- my "rules" for the FE are back one page. Optional info for the FE is any allergies and favorite characters.

Last edited:
If you want to edit your email out, I got it written down. The only other thing I need to know is a room # unless you don't have it yet in which case just get it to me asap.
ETA- my "rules" for the FE are back one page. Optional info for the FE is any allergies and favorite characters.
Stateroom 1071

Stateroom
Got it if you want to edit it out.

The first group for the DISboards only FE is closed and it is as following:
Huskiesrule - 3 adults (2 female, 1 male)
SJ14 - DW, DH, DD 12, DD 6
bgetter - DH, DW, DD 8, DD 5
Sarah Beddingfield - DW, DH, DD 11, DD 10
bmccarthy422 - DW, DH, DS 8, DD 4
upinparis - 2 adults (female)
SilverLantern - DW, DH, DD 6, DD 3
Gohawks - DW, DH, DD 7, DD 2
suazoshinee - DW, DH, DS 14, DS 7

Group 2 is now at 4:
Tzbwilsonfam - DH, DW, MIL, DS 2.5
hamm1207/N365PA - DW, DH, DD 1
zimzim4 - DW, DH, DS 11, DS 6

Kaylinn - DW, DH, DS 12, DS 10

For those that don't have a room assignment yet(probably September or October is when you will get it), please let me know asap so I can update the list with correct info. Yes you can sign up for the FE without a room #, I just require you to get it to me as soon as you can.
For those in the FE, you can request a copy of your group at anytime. I will send it in 2 formats-Google sheets and Excel. As always, I check here daily so feel free to chat or add/change your FE info.

hello everyone!
My family and I have cruised on the Disney wonder before buts it's our first time doing the FE. What do I have to do to join the FE gift exchange? My friend is also wanting to join.

Thank you!

:welcome: Just a warning, cruising is addicting!

For anyone wanting to join the FE, normally it is sent to you via pm or email so you will need to have your posts up to 10 to receive a pm.

hello everyone!
My family and I have cruised on the Disney wonder before buts it's our first time doing the FE. What do I have to do to join the FE gift exchange? My friend is also wanting to join.

Thank you!

We just have to have at least 10 post and then we can join?

No new info - I am just moving/updating it for a new page for the newcomers who don't feel like reading the whole thread. Hopefully, all the info to follow will help answer some questions and not scare anyone away:scared1: from joining the DISboards only FE group.

For those that are interested in joining the FE, here are my rules and guidelines. The last group will be closed one month before the cruise and I will then start a latecomer’s group or a pixie dust group. Each group will stop at max of 10 cabins. If someone drops before the cruise, I will not replace them in a group(unless the group agrees). If the group had hit 10, it will stay closed.

Real names are not required – it is DW(Darling Wife), DH(Darling Husband), DD(Darling Daughter) and DS(Darling Son). For anyone who wants to make personalized gifts, let me know and I will see what I can do about getting real names.

Info required to join the FE is room #, who is in the room, ages of any kids and an email to send the final list to. Optional info is any allergies and favorite characters. The only person that will have your email is me and I will delete it from my contacts once we are back from the cruise. I will not share your email address unless you request it. I will send an email to all participants in each group as it closes. I will put directions in the email, but please look at the FE info and make sure it is correct. I will have everyone email me back to assure me they have received their email and everything is correct. After that, the only email you will get from me is if there are any changes in your FE group.

There is no spending limit(spend what you are comfortable with). Gifts can be per person or per cabin, your choice. There is no set day to deliver, just have everything delivered before Thursday(Dec. 1st) night. Please make sure to hang your extender as soon as possible for those who want to deliver early(or daily - it does happen). If there is no extender, please do not leave anything as the participants may have changed rooms.

I will let everyone know of any room changes up to 48 hrs. before the cruise, then I will be traveling to Texas and have limited access to the internet. After that you will either have to go door to door and drop off a note of any changes or I will have a whiteboard at my room to write any messages. Be aware that since I am not going to be in every FE group, most people will have no reason to check the board at my room. I will make sure everyone has my room # so they can check the whiteboard or call if they have any issues.

Closer to the cruise we can maybe plan an onboard meet up on day 1 for anyone interested. If anyone is interested in being in charge of starting groups for mixology classes, an ornament exchange(organized elsewhere), a postcard exchange, a recipe exchange etc… feel free as I am only doing the FE.

As always, I will try to check this thread daily so feel free to ask any questions.:thanks:
Hello! I reached my ten post. May I be added to the list please! Really excited to join!

Hello! I reached my ten post. May I be added to the list please! Really excited to join!
:welcome: All you have to do to join the FE is pm me your info. If you click on my name a box will come up and one of the options is to start a conversation. All I need to know is who is in the room(don't need real names), ages of any kids, room # and an email to send the list to. Optional info is any allergies and favorite characters. If you go back to page 21 I have posted my "rules" for the FE to help you out.

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Galveston, Texas — 3:30 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 Key West, Florida 11:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
4 Castaway Cay 9:15 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
5 Nassau 7:00 a.m. 5:15 p.m.
6 At Sea — —
7 At Sea — —
8 Galveston, Texas 8:00 a.m.
I didn’t see anything started for this Black Friday cruise, so I started a thread. We’re in, anyone else?:sail:

Hello :) i reached my 10th post can i please get the info to be added to the FE list also can i please be added in the same group as K.romero

Hello :) i reached my 10th post can i please get the info to be added to the FE list also can i please be added in the same group as K.romero
:welcome:To join the FE just follow the directions above to send me a pm with your info. If you or @K.Romero would like I can send you a pm to get started instead, just let me know. Like I said above, real names are not required and if you go back a page you can read the rules for the FE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter