November 25th, 2016 - Black Friday on the Wonder

Our last cruise was during Halloween time. We dressed up for Pirates and Halloween. Is anyone doing Christmas T's or Christmas themed clothing? When would be a good day to do that? Are the characters dressed for Christmas most of the cruise or only certain days?

Wow, 3 adds to the FE in one day:cool1: Here is the update.

The first group for the DISboards only FE is closed and it is as following:
Huskiesrule - 3 adults (2 female, 1 male)
SJ14 - DW, DH, DD 12, DD 6
bgetter - DH, DW, DD 8, DD 5
Sarah Beddingfield - DW, DH, DD 11, DD 10
bmccarthy422 - DW, DH, DS 8, DD 4
upinparis - 2 adults (female)
SilverLantern - DW, DH, DD 6, DD 3
Gohawks - DW, DH, DD 7, DD 2
suazoshinee - DW, DH, DS 14, DS 7

Group 2 is now at 6:
Tzbwilsonfam - DH, DW, MIL, DS 2.5
hamm1207/N365PA - DW, DH, DD 1
zimzim4 - DW, DH, DS 11, DS 6
Kaylinn - DW, DH, DS 12, DS 10
K.Romero - DW, DH, DD 7, Grandma
Elizabeth.C - DW, DH, DD 3

For those that don't have a room assignment yet(probably September or October is when you will get it), please let me know asap so I can update the list with correct info. Yes you can sign up for the FE without a room #, I just require you to get it to me as soon as you can.
For those in the FE, you can request a copy of your group at anytime. I will send it in 2 formats-Google sheets and Excel. As always, I check here daily so feel free to chat or add/change your FE info.

Last edited:
Soooo...we're heading to WDW tomorrow (for our weekend). They say the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, but I don't see the problem. It's only a 6.5-7 hour drive, we have annual passes, and we found a good rate on a hotel.

What do you like to do on embarkation day? If it's your first cruise, what are you hoping to do on embarkation day?

We usually go up to Beach Blanket (soon to be cabanas) and grab lunch then eat it out on the deck. If it's super hot or raining we go to Parrot Cay (soon to be Tiana's). From there we usually like to wander around the ship, people watch, and say hello to cast members. This time we'll go check out the nursery and let her get a feel for it. We'll probably wander around and check out all of the updates. We've thought about taking our swimsuits to do a little swimming, but we're not sure yet. It just seems to be rushing if we're trying to go swimming, then get cleaned up for the muster drill, then unpack and what not before show time.

Our last cruise was during Halloween time. We dressed up for Pirates and Halloween. Is anyone doing Christmas T's or Christmas themed clothing? When would be a good day to do that? Are the characters dressed for Christmas most of the cruise or only certain days?

We don't "dress up" for Christmas, but the best day would probably when they have Santa? At least I think they did last year, but since we had no kids with us I could be wrong. I'm thinking the characters weren't dressed up the whole cruise though cause I have a pic with Goofy in his pj's.

Soooo...we're heading to WDW tomorrow (for our weekend). They say the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, but I don't see the problem. It's only a 6.5-7 hour drive, we have annual passes, and we found a good rate on a hotel.

What do you like to do on embarkation day? If it's your first cruise, what are you hoping to do on embarkation day?

We usually go up to Beach Blanket (soon to be cabanas) and grab lunch then eat it out on the deck. If it's super hot or raining we go to Parrot Cay (soon to be Tiana's). From there we usually like to wander around the ship, people watch, and say hello to cast members. This time we'll go check out the nursery and let her get a feel for it. We'll probably wander around and check out all of the updates. We've thought about taking our swimsuits to do a little swimming, but we're not sure yet. It just seems to be rushing if we're trying to go swimming, then get cleaned up for the muster drill, then unpack and what not before show time.
I don't see the problem with a Disney addiction, especially since I am a stock holder:lmao:
Last year was the first time we did Parrot Cay instead of the BBB and loved the peace in there. I think what we do depends on when the room will be ready and if they have a concierge lounge to hang out in. We tend to avoid the sail away party at this point, but maybe we'll go this year.

We don't "dress up" for Christmas, but the best day would probably when they have Santa? At least I think they did last year, but since we had no kids with us I could be wrong. I'm thinking the characters weren't dressed up the whole cruise though cause I have a pic with Goofy in his pj's.

I don't see the problem with a Disney addiction, especially since I am a stock holder:lmao:
Last year was the first time we did Parrot Cay instead of the BBB and loved the peace in there. I think what we do depends on when the room will be ready and if they have a concierge lounge to hang out in. We tend to avoid the sail away party at this point, but maybe we'll go this year.

We're just helping our stock.... We're deep into the addiction over here: DVC, stock holders, our daughter is a stock holder, we have a giant cruise ship model, this is the first year in about 3 years that we haven't had the Premier Pass (DL and WDW), and we're planning our decorating our house Adventureland (and other disney) theme.

We're just helping our stock.... We're deep into the addiction over here: DVC, stock holders, our daughter is a stock holder, we have a giant cruise ship model, this is the first year in about 3 years that we haven't had the Premier Pass (DL and WDW), and we're planning our decorating our house Adventureland (and other disney) theme.
:worship: Ok, you got me beat. I do want the Lego castle they are putting out in September to display though.

So happy to have found this message board last night while researching our Disney cruise for 11/25/2016. We are a family of 3:, me, my husband and 3.5 year old son. It's our first Disney cruise as a family. My husband and I cruised on Carnival to the Western Caribbean before our son was born. I'm interested in participating in the FEs. I've read the info on this thread about it and it sounds like so much fun! Let me know who I need to get my information to.

So happy to have found this message board last night while researching our Disney cruise for 11/25/2016. We are a family of 3:, me, my husband and 3.5 year old son. It's our first Disney cruise as a family. My husband and I cruised on Carnival to the Western Caribbean before our son was born. I'm interested in participating in the FEs. I've read the info on this thread about it and it sounds like so much fun! Let me know who I need to get my information to.
:welcome: I am in charge of the FE and if you read back the last page or two you will find my "rules". We are keeping most info private so when you get to 10 posts I can pm you. Feel free to post here or I put the link for the test page back a page or two also.
We've never been to Galveston. Any recommendations on hotels to stay at pre-cruise?
I have only stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach and the Galvez. Both are nice and have shuttles that take you to the port. Recommendations depend on if you are driving to Galveston or flying into Houston and getting transfers down. Do you need a place to park a car?

Welcome to the cruise!!

:welcome: I am in charge of the FE and if you read back the last page or two you will find my "rules". We are keeping most info private so when you get to 10 posts I can pm you. Feel free to post here or I put the link for the test page back a page or two also.

I have only stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach and the Galvez. Both are nice and have shuttles that take you to the port. Recommendations depend on if you are driving to Galveston or flying into Houston and getting transfers down. Do you need a place to park a car?

Thanks for the welcome! We will be driving to Galveston Thanksgiving Day and will stay at a hotel. We do need a place to park our car but haven't decided where to park it. I guess it would depend on whether hotel will allow us to park our cars on their property while we cruise. I am wondering what's the most convenient way to get to the port when staying at a hotel? The hotel shuttle or a taxi? Or drive our car and park close to port??

It'll be our first time on the Disney Wonder so I think for embarkation we'll grab some lunch, walk around the ship to get acquainted with where everything is. I'm just excited to see what the ship will look like!

Thanks for the welcome! We will be driving to Galveston Thanksgiving Day and will stay at a hotel. We do need a place to park our car but haven't decided where to park it. I guess it would depend on whether hotel will allow us to park our cars on their property while we cruise. I am wondering what's the most convenient way to get to the port when staying at a hotel? The hotel shuttle or a taxi? Or drive our car and park close to port??
There are some hotels that let you leave your vehicle there during the cruise and then you can get a taxi or take their shuttle if they have one. When we stayed at the HI we took a taxi, but last year when we stayed at the Galvez we took their shuttle round trip. Galveston.com has a list of hotels with parking/shuttles but it depends on how much you want to spend for 1 night. You can get a room for maybe less than $75 but the hotel could be questionable. I think the Galvez and its sister hotels are around $200 a night right now. You will just have to investigate or if you find one you like you can ask here if anyone has stayed there.

We've never been to Galveston. Any recommendations on hotels to stay at pre-cruise?
We're staying at the Hampton Inn close to the port. It has a shuttle to port, I think it was a $7 per person fee or maybe it was free. We're flying SW into Hobby and using Galveston Express for our shuttle pre and post cruise.

Thanks for the welcome! It's our first Disney Cruise so I am trying to get as much information as possible. Have you cruised on the Disney Wonder and how did you like it?
The Wonder is our favorite ship. It's undergoing a dry dock in a few months, so it'll have a lot of changes and upgrades done prior to our cruise. It's smaller and more intimate than the Dream/Fantasy, and you'll know your way around fairly quick. The cast members will do everything in their power to make sure you are enjoying your cruise. The kids clubs look wonderful...I can't say more as our daughter is only turning 1, but I've heard that my brother in law didn't want to leave the club when they cruised and he was 3. We love the main dining rooms (which are included--except adult beverages), and there's always something on the menu that you'll like. If nothing on the menu fancies you, you can ask for something different. The shows are awesome!

There are some hotels that let you leave your vehicle there during the cruise and then you can get a taxi or take their shuttle if they have one. When we stayed at the HI we took a taxi, but last year when we stayed at the Galvez we took their shuttle round trip. Galveston.com has a list of hotels with parking/shuttles but it depends on how much you want to spend for 1 night. You can get a room for maybe less than $75 but the hotel could be questionable. I think the Galvez and its sister hotels are around $200 a night right now. You will just have to investigate or if you find one you like you can ask here if anyone has stayed there.
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out and do some research. I looked at the Galvez Hotel website and it seems like a really nice hotel. We'll spend a few hours driving into Galveston Thanksgiving Day so I'm hoping to have a relaxing stay at a hotel before embarkation. But most likely, I'll be too excited for the cruise to relax.. :yay:

We're staying at the Hampton Inn close to the port. It has a shuttle to port, I think it was a $7 per person fee or maybe it was free. We're flying SW into Hobby and using Galveston Express for our shuttle pre and post cruise.
Thank you. I'm gonna start researching hotels now. And it sounds like shuttling to port is convenient. Do the hotels book fairly quickly? I am really clueless about how busy Galveston can get during cruise time.

The Wonder is our favorite ship. It's undergoing a dry dock in a few months, so it'll have a lot of changes and upgrades done prior to our cruise. It's smaller and more intimate than the Dream/Fantasy, and you'll know your way around fairly quick. The cast members will do everything in their power to make sure you are enjoying your cruise. The kids clubs look wonderful...I can't say more as our daughter is only turning 1, but I've heard that my brother in law didn't want to leave the club when they cruised and he was 3. We love the main dining rooms (which are included--except adult beverages), and there's always something on the menu that you'll like. If nothing on the menu fancies you, you can ask for something different. The shows are awesome!
I'm glad to hear your good thoughts about the Wonder. I love that you are taking your little one on the cruise at such a young age, too. The memories will be priceless. We have a 3.5 year old son and this will be his first cruise. He's excited about it. He loves going to Disneyland. The kids club sounds fun and I'm hoping he'll like hanging out there. Did you ever stay in a room that had a port hole? Our cabin is an Ocean View, so I assume it means there is a port hole. I did not know about the dry dock until 2 days ago. It'll be cool that you can compare the ship before and after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter