November 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch

From what I understand only a certain umber of vehicles are set aside for codes. so there is the potential that the code isn't working because they have fulfilled their allotment of that code.

my Alamo reservation was made using my Delta skylines account but I am not flying Delta this trip. Will I need the actual skymiles card or is just having the account enough?

Not thrilled with my OCT/NOV rate but here's what I have:

Alamo
Coupon code AD3868JST
Contract code 7014926
9 day - dates Oct. 29- Nov 7
Midsize (compact was same $)
$242.38

I already made my reservation for March (prime spring break season!). Hope I can find better but was OK.

Not thrilled with my OCT/NOV rate but here's what I have:

Alamo
Coupon code AD3868JST
Contract code 7014926
9 day - dates Oct. 29- Nov 7
Midsize (compact was same $)
$242.38

I already made my reservation for March (prime spring break season!). Hope I can find better but was OK.

I am going the exact same time as you. Right now I have $195 for a mid size SUV. Got through Costco Travel and its with AVIS.

Found a lower rate at Dollar today:

9 day Dates: Oct. 29 - Nov. 7
Lock low and go - they choose at least a compact 5 passenger or larger.
Code: (AAA discount) 3000049
$210.00

Ugh, we got a great offer for bonus miles through United, but it only applies to the Hertz at MCO, and I need the car starting halfway into our trip. Fiddlesticks!

I just rebooked my mini van for 11/4 thru 11/11 using 7015309 Costco Members and Alamo AD3868JST $25 off week. The price went down around $35.

If I am using the Costco member code shouldn't my rate be the same on the Alamo site vs Costco travel? I'm getting a better price on the Costco site

If I am using the Costco member code shouldn't my rate be the same on the Alamo site vs Costco travel? I'm getting a better price on the Costco site

I am finding the same thing. In the past when using the Costco contract ID on Alamo.com I would get the same rate. It isn't working that way right now.

Can anyone offer advice please? I had booked a car with Alamo a few months ago for my upcoming trip. I just discovered that our return flight changed, and I'll need the car until 7:00 PM instead of 2:00 PM. I tried to modify my reservation, but got an error message. If I price it out with a new reservation, my price has nearly doubled!

Can anyone offer advice please? I had booked a car with Alamo a few months ago for my upcoming trip. I just discovered that our return flight changed, and I'll need the car until 7:00 PM instead of 2:00 PM. I tried to modify my reservation, but got an error message. If I price it out with a new reservation, my price has nearly doubled!

What time are you picking up the car? I know one year my mother would not pay the extra day for a couple hours and we sat in the airport for hours... technically if you are still within one of the 24 hour periods you should be ok...i.e picking it up at 8 pm and then scheduled to return it at 2.... you should really have until 8 if you are paying the daily rate and not hourly... make any sense?

What time are you picking up the car? I know one year my mother would not pay the extra day for a couple hours and we sat in the airport for hours... technically if you are still within one of the 24 hour periods you should be ok...i.e picking it up at 8 pm and then scheduled to return it at 2.... you should really have until 8 if you are paying the daily rate and not hourly... make any sense?

Thanks. I emailed them, and they extended the rental for the same rate. Well, it actually went up less than a dollar total, but I'm definitely not going to complain about that since it would have been double to re-book it. The price of car rentals seem to have skyrocketed since the recent hurricane. I'm guessing that a lot of people ended up getting one-way rentals to get home early ahead of the hurricane, so they're probably shorter on cars than normal.

We recently added 4 nights on to our trip and need to stay off the premises. Looking for a mid size for 4 nights pick up 11/8 at MCO and drop off 11/12, close to Boardwalk villas. Anyone have any one way good deals in November? Thank you!

We recently added 4 nights on to our trip and need to stay off the premises. Looking for a mid size for 4 nights pick up 11/8 at MCO and drop off 11/12, close to Boardwalk villas. Anyone have any one way good deals in November? Thank you!
I would look into Alamo since you can drop it off at the Dolphin Resort.

Looks like I can't get anything better than the $190 I got for my 8 day rental from 11/4 - 11/12. That extra day is making things skyrocket with other codes.

My dates are 11/4 - 11/12 and I'm using Alamo codes AD3868JST & 7014926. I am paying $252 for a full size car. Anyone else finding a better deal with Alamo or better codes? I'm not a Costco member. Thanks!

Are you looking at MCO or somewhere else to pick up? Because I am using

AS1 Alamo Insider

7014926 Alamo contract ID 20%

AD3868JST $25 off week

For 11/4 to 11/12 pick up and drop off at MCO

Midsize 174.10
Fullsize 190.78
Standard 215.62
Midsize SUV 253.11
Minivan 267.58

Of course I don't know what pick up and drop off times you need, but when I adjust it to pick up at 2:30 and drop off at 10am the full size drops to 169.91.

What are the November codes? Thanks!

@jeremy1002 I was using the code that @momto4obkids posted a few page back, but the AS1 has since been disabled.

My dates are 11/4 - 11/12 and I'm using Alamo codes AD3868JST & 7014926. I am paying $252 for a full size car. Anyone else finding a better deal with Alamo or better codes? I'm not a Costco member. Thanks!

We are renting from the 6th through the 15th. Through Costco our rate is about $235. That was booked many months ago. Now rates are way up. I will keep checking, but I don't expect to get better than that given that there is probably a shortage of cars in Florida sue to Matthew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter