• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
Hi all, we are going to WDW over Thanksgiving. We currently have a minivan booked through Alamo for $370 using a BJ's code and an Alamo coupon. Since it's a holiday week, I'm not holding my breath for a better deal, but here's hoping!

We booked ours for thanksgiving week months ago. I have 2 minivans reserved thru Alamo 11/19-26 for $189. It's substantially more now! Keep checking. You may get lucky...

Joining in. I right now have a few rentals on hold. Best deal so far is a Fullsize at Alamo 11/12-11/18 for $123.61 Pretty darn happy with that :)

I need to rent from Nov 25 to Dec 5. So far, I haven't found anything less than $325-$350 with the taxes, etc added on. Last year I did the same time frame for about $220.

We are staying 11/25 to 12/1. Trying to decide if I want to return at car care toward the end of our trip or drop off back at the airport
Like the above poster I'm finding rates in the 350 range for midsized car. Hoping they go down as we get closer.

We are staying 11/25 to 12/1. Trying to decide if I want to return at car care toward the end of our trip or drop off back at the airport
Like the above poster I'm finding rates in the 350 range for midsized car. Hoping they go down as we get closer.
It's almost always less expensive to pick up and drop off at the airport. Dropping at a different location sometimes adds an extra charge.

We currently have a minivan booked through Alamo for $550 for 10 days -- starting 11/29-12/09. That rate is through Alamo!

I signed up for Autoslash, which emails you if they find a deal better than what you already have. They've found a few better rates, but they're with Advantage and EZ, and I'm not comfortable with either of those companies. Plus, they're only a few dollars better - not a savings significant enough to switch from Alamo.

Maybe there will be better deals once the dates are closer, but being a holiday week, I'm not counting on it.

Alamo via Costco out of Tampa. 11/11 to 11/19 midsize car (Corolla) for $227. MCO prices were about 10% more when I made the reservation 2 weeks ago.

Alamo through Costco: Standard size, November 5-16 $328.88-- will be using Priceline and Hotwire closer to my trip to see if I can get a better price.

Alamo through Costco: Standard size, November 5-16 $328.88-- will be using Priceline and Hotwire closer to my trip to see if I can get a better price.

Using these codes will get you that standard size car from Alamo for $256 including taxes:
AS1 Alamo Insider

7014926 Alamo contract ID 20%

AD3868JST $25 off week

I'm a newbie to codes and such--where would I go to add the codes? ON the Costco site or . . . . . . ? Thanks in advance for your help!

Right now I have Alamo 8 passenger van 11-24 to 12-04 for 363.00 Using the codes

AS1 Alamo Insider

7014926 Alamo contract ID 20%

AD3868JST $25 off week

I just checked today and the rate has jumped up to 687.00 with the same codes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter