November 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch

I booked the AS1 months ago..didn't know they didn't accept anymore . .hmmm.. I did the "online check in skip the counter".in may . I slid my card in the machine at alamo.. thought I was done. .then went out to the cars.. the alamo guy laughed and said wheres yr key.. I said idk..he said u gotta go to pick it up at counter . . so believe me..it was a huge waste of time. . I would have jumped in line first off the plane..so just fyi..

I booked the AS1 months ago..didn't know they didn't accept anymore . .hmmm.. I did the "online check in skip the counter".in may . I slid my card in the machine at alamo.. thought I was done. .then went out to the cars.. the alamo guy laughed and said wheres yr key.. I said idk..he said u gotta go to pick it up at counter . . so believe me..it was a huge waste of time. . I would have jumped in line first off the plane..so just fyi..

Strange - The Alamo location at MCO is one where you pick from the row. The keys are in the cars.

Strange - The Alamo location at MCO is one where you pick from the row. The keys are in the cars.
i had no papers or anything from the kiosk..i would just stand in line when im there next week..just my opinion..not sure how that skip thing works.

i had no papers or anything from the kiosk..i would just stand in line when im there next week..just my opinion..not sure how that skip thing works.

Ah - the kiosk wasn't working correctly then. It wasn't the last time we were there either in April but all other times we've used it. You get a print out, go choose your car and use the paper at the exit kiosk.

I'm a little confused about the system which Alamo uses...have been using Dollar for years. I also used the AS1 code months ago, signed up with the Alamo program, and did the advance online skip the counter check in which had a bar code on the printed confirmation page. Does this insure my not having to stop at the main Alamo counter in the airport itself? Does Alamo have a counter in the garage near where the cars are kept? Do I need to stop there first to show them my credit card or go directly to my car?

If you have the "Skip the Counter Ticket" you do not have to speak to anyone. Simply go out to the Alamo garage and find the row for your reserved car type. You can pick any car from that row. Once you have picked one, simply get in (the keys should be in the ignition or on the dash), and follow the exits signs. As you leave the garage, there will be a toll-style booth where they will check your ID, check your credit card, scan your reservation, log your car and then allow you to leave the garage.

Thank you HeatherL1085!
That's what I thought was supposed to happen but reading a previous poster's account of her experience had me a bit worried. She spoke of a "card" which she slid in the machine at Alamo and stated that an employee told her that she had to go back to the counter and get a key for the car. I never got a card from Alamo...just printed out a paper one. Maybe a credit card?

I got the codes to work but prices must have went up from yesterday! The price for a 7 person van for those dates, using the codes, is now $275. Using the prepay discount, it's $304. :) Also - you are only two days out from vacation! WOOHOO!!! Enjoy!

I got the codes to work but prices must have went up from yesterday! The price for a 7 person van for those dates, using the codes, is now $275. Using the prepay discount, it's $304. :) Also - you are only two days out from vacation! WOOHOO!!! Enjoy!
Awesome news, thanks!

A friend sent me here to get info and tips...thought I'd share the rate I got with Alamo. 8 passenger minivan for 9 days and an extra driver included is $257.87. I am a Costco member, so I used that code, plus the $25 off weekly (I think) code.

I just booked for Nov. 12-19 from OIA. I had booked using carrentalsavers a few weeks ago, but used the codes on here and rebooked. I got 8 days for $190. Was just going to do 2 days from OIA to Disney Car Care (Nov. 12-14), and it was going to be $150. Then rebooked last week on CRS again and it was $230 for the entire week. So it went down $40 thanks to this thread. THANK YOU!!!!

My question though. Do we need to go to the print ticket window and print the ticket? Would that help us skip the line? Or do we need to add payment only and that will help us skip the line? What do we do from here to be able to skip the line?

I just checked Alamo and minivan rates are down a lot from yesterday. We are picking up at Sanford so I'm not sure if MCO is down too, but you may want to check! (We got minivan for $285 for 11/11-11/21 using codes mentioned above.)

I've always used skip the counter at MCO and just walked to the rows of cars and picked a vehicle out. They deal with to many rentals to keep keys at the desk. I do have my skip the counter ticket that I've printed off & on my phone to show the booth attendant when we exist the garage.

I just used the Costco Contract ID and the Entertainment $25 off specialty coupon and saved another $25 on our 9 day mini van rental through Alamo. This is cheaper than booking directly though Costco.

Last edited:
Booking Enterprise thru Costco had a bit of a drop today on their smaller cars. $30 less than the car I had booked with Alamo using Costco code and $25 off coupon.

11/19-26 7 passenger mini van down to $221 at Alamo using
$220 with all taxes for minivan

AD3868JST $25 off week

7014926 contract ID
:thanks::flower1:

Out of curiosity, what side of the airport is the Alamo car rental place? I think we're coming in on A side (Southwest Airlines) if that helps.

I booked our 10 day minivan rental (11/18 - 11/28) with Thrifty back in February at a total of $370 and it looked like it was never going down. The Alamo rates finally went lower and have been going down bit by bit this week, now down to $316 using coupon AD3868JST and 7014926. Still hoping it will go a little bit lower by next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter