November 2015....The countdown begins!!

So ...Where is everyone having Thanksgiving dinner?!

We decided to go back to Cape May Cafe. We loved it two years ago, so we made an ADR for this year!

We currently have a noon ADR at Biergarten and a 4:30 at The Wave; we won't use both. It may come down to a vote, there are 10 of us. I'm pushing for Biergarten lunch and counter service at Epcot or Contemporary for dinner.

I decided to make some changes for us and added an extra night to our trip and changed our resort for the last two nights to Grand Floridian. I've wanted to go to that resort since I was a little girl and we can't afford to go there for an entire vacation, but we can handle it for two nights.

Good for you! That's been a dream of mine since I was a kid too!!

88 days for us!!! Our tickets came yesterday, and I think I've resolved myself to the fact that CP at breakfast for DS's bday is not happening, and I mean, I think I'd rather him have cake at lunch than breakfast anyway :laughing:

Now all that's left is FP+! that can't come soon enough- I can't second guess my picks anymore!! How difficult is it to change them once you're there availability wise? Do they open more on the day?

We decided to go back to Cape May Cafe. We loved it two years ago, so we made an ADR for this year!
We have a 1:45 at the Wave and then I got a Minnie's Dine for 7:15, so not sure we'll keep both. We can definitely eat that much so that isn't the problem lol, I just have to think about whether we'll still be too full after the Wave to eat enough at 7:15 to make it worth keeping. If I drop one it'll be the Wave, although last years' Thanksgiving menu looks really good :scratchin Hoping it's not too much longer before all the Thanksgiving menu's for this year come out!

Good for you! That's been a dream of mine since I was a kid too!!

88 days for us!!! Our tickets came yesterday, and I think I've resolved myself to the fact that CP at breakfast for DS's bday is not happening, and I mean, I think I'd rather him have cake at lunch than breakfast anyway :laughing:

Now all that's left is FP+! that can't come soon enough- I can't second guess my picks anymore!! How difficult is it to change them once you're there availability wise? Do they open more on the day?

When are you going? Sorry if you mentioned your dates upthread :) As far as changing FP's once you're there, it really depends on time of year and what rides/experiences you're talking about. We've had 3 trips with FP+ and found it varies. During a Feb. trip we pretty much got what we wanted by looking or changing the night before. However if we tried changing again in the morning, in many cases the more popular rides were no longer available. During a late Aug. trip when crowds weren't bad, it was difficult even the night before to change some things. However people are always dropping so it's always worth looking BUT, when you do your booking at 60 days, try your best to get your must-do's.

We are going the week of Thanksgiving and I don't think it's going to be very easy to get 4th, 5th, etc. FP's for what we'd want them for. I'm also not counting on a ton of availability if I decide to switch things up a day or night before, but it'll be our first trip with FP+ during a holiday so I won't know till we get there - in less than 3 months :cheer2:

We are there the 17-21. The 21 I know is going to be insane, but the other days don't seem terrible on the crowd calendars if we go to the right parks on the right days. I've never been in November before. We did December once just before Christmas break and it was amazing! Every other time has been July/August.

I won't get my hopes up with changing the FP, but I'll keep in mind that if we do want to change, to try to do it the night before. Thanks!

We are doing Minnie's holiday dinner at H&V at 5:30 followed by the Osborne lights.

Hi fellow November travelers! :wave: 69 days to go for us and at day 78 in our countdown our newest princess finally made her debut (6 days past her due date). Already spoke with pediatrician and got the green light to bring her at just over 2.5 months old to the World. Our vacation falls during the last week of my maternity leave so it will be bittersweet but an excellent way to end my leave.

Cabin fever is starting to set in so of course I have been focusing on the trip. I've been on etsy trying to decide what kind of shirts I want to make for my girls and I think I have it narrowed to 3. The rest of the days they will wear stuff I already have.

I feel torn bc I am super excited to be back at our happy place yet once that week is over it will be back to work for this mama. Definitely plan to spend the week soaking it all in and relaxing when possible!

87 days!!! I'm getting SO excited!! We are eating at Garden Grill in EPCOT for Thanksgiving; dinner w/Chip & Dale! My SIL is now staying til Friday & is looking for a suggestion of a non-park restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner... Any ideas?

What day do you arrive? Our tickers are a day apart. Where are you staying?!

Oh, I just noticed the text in your signature...we're there exactly the same dates too! (5th-14th) How funny. I'm staying at Saratoga Springs, not too far from you. :)

87 days!!! I'm getting SO excited!! We are eating at Garden Grill in EPCOT for Thanksgiving; dinner w/Chip & Dale! My SIL is now staying til Friday & is looking for a suggestion of a non-park restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner... Any ideas?
Before we got Minnie's Dine we had the Wave at the Contemporary and Captain's Grille at YC booked for Thanksgiving lunch and dinner (were only going to keep one). Still have Wave booked......anyway, we've never been to either one and as far as I know, the Thanksgiving menus for this year haven't been released. BUT, I did find last years' menus for both places and they looked great. I also searched on here and found good reviews for both places' Thanksgiving meals :)
Another idea is Sanaa. I know they offered a special Thanksgiving menu last year. We've been there twice and love their regular menu!

Just a couple more months for us! Still can't believe I'm getting to go back and when the Christmas decor is up, too! :flower1:

We have Garden Grill booked for our first day and then on our off day we've booked Portabello in DD, which I haven't been in again since my hubby and I ate there on our honeymoon 23 years ago. I'm wanting to make one more for our last day, but haven't decided where. I want something different but have a picky eater.

I read on another Disney message boards although it might be here too but this is the first place I checked that they are starting to if staying onsite will be color coordinating your luggage tag with your magic band and both will be sent together instead of the tags being in the packet. If I remember, red is Minnie, gray is Minnie and Mickey, orange is Pluto, blue is Donald, green is Goofy, pink is Daisy, and yellow is Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter