November 2013 Pin Code Watch

We're looking at Nov. 8-17 of 2013. We normally go during December, so I'm worried the Christmas decorations won't be out.

We're looking at Nov. 8-17 of 2013. We normally go during December, so I'm worried the Christmas decorations won't be out.

I have an inside source - you'll be fine for the Christmas decorations. They have them all up & ready by the first Christmas parade and that will be Friday, November 8th next year. :goodvibes

BTW - love, love, love your avatar!!!!

Thanks!

Now I just have to decide where we're going to stay! We did CSR in Jan, and I LOVED it, but I kinda wanna try something new.

I'm in we are planning Oct 31- Nov 10. It will be me my DH and DDs 11 and 7 and awesome DS 5. It has been over a year since my last trip, middle DD and I went 6/2011, but it was almost a year before that for the others... My DH is not as fond of wdw as I. He thinks I'm a little crazy. I chalk it up to never going as a child, I was deprived...

:stir:My sinister plan this year, is to go to a conference there in November ( my work will pay for 7 out of 10 nights), and I have told him if we get APs that we can get TIW card and go for next to nothing again Oct 2014 for a conference, this way we all get to go twice!!! Then, I'll find a AP room only discount halfway between the 2 trips and say innocently "We already have AP and TIW, we can use our airline points, and look the resort is so cheap, that this is basically free...wink wink:rotfl:

We have 8 of us going to WDW Nov 28th - Dec 7th probably staying at the POP again. I am so excited to be there for my DD's 5th birthday. I'm hoping for a FD discount for at least a portion of the trip!!:yay:

Hello all...

We have made two trips to Disney, both in early November (Jersey Week..as we are Jersey folk). And while we did get to see alot of Christmas...we also missed alot as well. Soooo, I was thinking to go later in the month. Am I right in figuring the week after THanksgiving is an ok week? By ok, I mean...everything Christmasy is UP, and it isn't too crazy of a week? Any discounts given at that time traditionally?
Anywho...glad to be here.

All the best

Melissa D.
Jersey Girl
2010 - Poly
2011 - WL
2013 - ??

You're probably ok to go the week right after Thanksgiving. You'll still have high crowds through Sunday of Tgiving weekend, but it should lighten up a lot on Monday. The problem with 2013 if that Thanksgiving is VERY late, so the Pop Warner football championship will be starting the first weekend in December, so you'll have that to contend with at the end of your week. The biggest issue is that both Thanksgiving and Pop Warner are blackout dates for offers, typically. So you may have a hard time getting a good deal with those events on back to back weekends. We went in early December last year with free dining and it was fantastic. Light crowds, warm temps, parks decorated. Unfortunately, this year, there isn't much time between holiday and pop Warner, so it may be a no-go for us. Cost aside, it is a fantastic time to hit the parks.

Thank you SaraD! I was wondering about Pop Warner too. Does Thanksgiving fall on the 21st or the 28th? I guess I should look that up! Also, I was hoping for some kind of discount (duh). My husband is a firefighter and he has to arrange his weeks off by the end of December - maybe even earlier. So once those dates are cast...it is really, really hard to change them. Maybe I will pick another week...thank you for responding!

Thank you SaraD! I was wondering about Pop Warner too. Does Thanksgiving fall on the 21st or the 28th? I guess I should look that up! Also, I was hoping for some kind of discount (duh). My husband is a firefighter and he has to arrange his weeks off by the end of December - maybe even earlier. So once those dates are cast...it is really, really hard to change them. Maybe I will pick another week...thank you for responding!

awwww...c'mon....go at the beginning of November like the rest of us crazy Jersey people! :lmao:

Just kidding. Because Thanksgiving is so late next year, and I know it will coincide with Pop Warner week, I would do a week or two before Thanksgiving if it is possible for you.

We changed our normal stay from the third week of October to the first week of November because I want to see the crossover from Fall to Christmas AND still enjoy the F&W Festival.

Happy planning!

We just might end up doing the crazy Jersey week...but I think the week after Thanksgiving is def off the table.

Thanks again everyone!

We just might end up doing the crazy Jersey week...but I think the week after Thanksgiving is def off the table.

Thanks again everyone!

I don't think it will be really, razy busy. I've looked at historical crowd calendars for the past three years and, some days, it will reach a 6 or 7, but most days it's a 4 or 5. I think I can handle that!

I so wish we could go in October or November, but soccer doesn't allow for it. We have one in club soccer and one that plays for the middle school and here in TN soccer season goes until Thanksgiving. I think I'm stuck with December, or not going at all, unless a whole lot of stars align!

My daughter and I are tentatively looking at the dates 11/8 - 11/16/13. This year they have the Wine and Dine Marathon the evening of 11/9 with a 5K that morning so we are planning around that for next year to participate in the 5K. My question is if we go ahead and book now for that time frame and free dining comes out at a later date can we then switch our ressie over to free dining. Also, if we book now do they require the 200.00 deposit and can we begin making payments on the trip?

My daughter and I are tentatively looking at the dates 11/8 - 11/16/13. This year they have the Wine and Dine Marathon the evening of 11/9 with a 5K that morning so we are planning around that for next year to participate in the 5K. My question is if we go ahead and book now for that time frame and free dining comes out at a later date can we then switch our ressie over to free dining. Also, if we book now do they require the 200.00 deposit and can we begin making payments on the trip?

Yes to both. You need to make sure your reservation is for a package not just room only and if the FD promo does come out (fingers crossed), then you just call up and apply it. You may have to move to a different type of room, but don't wory. For example, I currently have a reservation for a standard room (meaning, parking lot view. ;)). I'm perfectly fine with this....I don't need a spectacular view to know I am in WDW. lol Anyway, I noticed when the FD promo came out for this fall that I would have had to change to Garden View. Which is just fine....I'm still getting FD!!! :goodvibes

And, yes, you can also make payments on the trip. If, for example, you book the package with room & tickets only (like I did), it will be the same price when/if FD becomes available. Now, on the other hand, if you book a package with room, tickets and dining and FD becomes available, Disney will refund the difference to you. I just book room & tickets and cross my fingers. :) Now, instead of making payments, my family takes money and puts it aside into our ING savings account. At least this way, I'm earning a little bit of interest on it!

I hope this helps (and that I didn't confuse you) and feel free to ask any other questions you can think of.

I so wish we could go in October or November, but soccer doesn't allow for it. We have one in club soccer and one that plays for the middle school and here in TN soccer season goes until Thanksgiving. I think I'm stuck with December, or not going at all, unless a whole lot of stars align!

I'm sorry! I sooo understand that, though. My son is a baseball player and hubby is a major league manager, so Spring is out. And winter is completely out because I am heavily involved with our youth wrestling program in my town and my boys both wrestle. So, fall is our ?only option. But now my daughter wants to do tennis when she goes to high school...... (hey! where's the "brickwall" smilie. lol)

Yes to both. You need to make sure your reservation is for a package not just room only and if the FD promo does come out (fingers crossed), then you just call up and apply it. You may have to move to a different type of room, but don't wory. For example, I currently have a reservation for a standard room (meaning, parking lot view. ;)). I'm perfectly fine with this....I don't need a spectacular view to know I am in WDW. lol Anyway, I noticed when the FD promo came out for this fall that I would have had to change to Garden View. Which is just fine....I'm still getting FD!!! :goodvibes

And, yes, you can also make payments on the trip. If, for example, you book the package with room & tickets only (like I did), it will be the same price when/if FD becomes available. Now, on the other hand, if you book a package with room, tickets and dining and FD becomes available, Disney will refund the difference to you. I just book room & tickets and cross my fingers. :) Now, instead of making payments, my family takes money and puts it aside into our ING savings account. At least this way, I'm earning a little bit of interest on it!

I hope this helps (and that I didn't confuse you) and feel free to ask any other questions you can think of.

PERFECT explanation. You explained it better than the CM at Disney World did. I didn't keep up with the Nov FD deals for this year since we went in September so I am not sure what room categorys it covered. Was FD offered on the Royal Rooms at POR? I sure would love to book that category but am not going to attempt it if it wasn't offered this year as it probably won't be next year either.

Thanks for your help!

You're probably ok to go the week right after Thanksgiving. You'll still have high crowds through Sunday of Tgiving weekend, but it should lighten up a lot on Monday. The problem with 2013 if that Thanksgiving is VERY late, so the Pop Warner football championship will be starting the first weekend in December, so you'll have that to contend with at the end of your week. The biggest issue is that both Thanksgiving and Pop Warner are blackout dates for offers, typically. So you may have a hard time getting a good deal with those events on back to back weekends. We went in early December last year with free dining and it was fantastic. Light crowds, warm temps, parks decorated. Unfortunately, this year, there isn't much time between holiday and pop Warner, so it may be a no-go for us. Cost aside, it is a fantastic time to hit the parks.
HI! Just spoke with Pop Warner and ESPN yesterday and they both confirmed the dates Pop Warner week for 2013 will be 12/7/13 - 12/14/13. The week after Thanksgiving is a perfect time to visit. Happy Planning! :)

HI! Just spoke with Pop Warner and ESPN yesterday and they both confirmed the dates Pop Warner week for 2013 will be 12/7/13 - 12/14/13. The week after Thanksgiving is a perfect time to visit. Happy Planning! :)

Oh..well..that might change things...

My travel agent said unless we were staying at a Pop Resort, it wouldnt be too crazy ( at least compared to Jersey week). But lack of any kind of possible pixie dust discount was my major worry..hoping to get something. Wonder if they would squeeze one in between Thanksgiving and Pop Warner.

What gets us in a bind is that my husband has to pick his vacation weeks by the end of December (sometimes even November). ...so once we pick..we are kinda stuck with it.

PERFECT explanation. You explained it better than the CM at Disney World did. I didn't keep up with the Nov FD deals for this year since we went in September so I am not sure what room categorys it covered. Was FD offered on the Royal Rooms at POR? I sure would love to book that category but am not going to attempt it if it wasn't offered this year as it probably won't be next year either.

Thanks for your help!

Aw, shucks. :blush: Thanks.

I honestly do not know if the Royal Rooms were included or not. I didn't look because we have to stay over on the Alligator Bayou side (there are five of us). Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter