Nov. 4th, 2012 Dream cruise meet thread!

zealandsmom said:
Just checked out all the available cabins on our cruise.......there are OODLES! Looks like an empty ship!!!!

Hopefully we ALL get some pixie dust upgrades!!!!

I know! I was shocked to see how many cat 4s and 5s were available.

Regarding upgrades, and this being my first cruise and first FE, how do we make sure everyone is still in their same room once on-board? I hear about a lot of people upgrading at port and was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Regarding upgrades, and this being my first cruise and first FE, how do we make sure everyone is still in their same room once on-board? I hear about a lot of people upgrading at port and was just curious.

I'll put up a whiteboard on my door for messages. If anyone gets an upgrade they can put it on the board, or call me (room 6656) and I'll post it.

Just checking for those part of the WDW Radio group, there isn't a theme for the door decorating contest right? Just for the flag contest?

Also I have written down that the door number is 13.5 inches down from the top of the door. Does anyone know if that's to the top of the porthole or the center?

Also are the door "knobs" all on the same side of the door?
Pretty sure that there's only a flag contest. You should hit the forum over on the WDWRadio site for confirmation.

Door handles are opposite on adjacent doors. So nope, knobs are on different sides. Not sure of the porthole dimensions.

Pretty sure that there's only a flag contest. You should hit the forum over on the WDWRadio site for confirmation.

Door handles are opposite on adjacent doors. So nope, knobs are on different sides. Not sure of the porthole dimensions.

Thanks John. Lou said the door contest doesn't have a theme which is good. Gonna have to try and figure out how to work around the door "knob" since I have no idea what side of our door it'll be on (DH is doing the design and of course he's going all Tim The Tool Man with it ;) )

Thanks John. Lou said the door contest doesn't have a theme which is good. Gonna have to try and figure out how to work around the door "knob" since I have no idea what side of our door it'll be on (DH is doing the design and of course he's going all Tim The Tool Man with it ;) )

Excited to see your door, now! Not sure what I'm doing. Probably pretty minimal, but looking forward to inspiration for next time. :)

I'll put up a whiteboard on my door for messages. If anyone gets an upgrade they can put it on the board, or call me (room 6656) and I'll post it.

Awesome! Doubt we will upgrade, but nice to know if it's available, I can update everyone.

We just rebooked with a VGT and saved about $1000 dollars. :cool1:The only thing is we will see if we get higher stateroom. Will let you know:headache:

We just rebooked with a VGT and saved about $1000 dollars. :cool1:The only thing is we will see if we get higher stateroom. Will let you know:headache:

Did they allow you too after payoff? I had heard they recently some people have been doing rebookings and this used to be a big no no in the past. I would try it except we all need connecting rooms

We payed a hunch and never paid off our cruise, so it expired and we watched the prices and then rebooked. Kind of risky but risk vs reward and we got lucky THIS TIME!

We payed a hunch and never paid off our cruise, so it expired and we watched the prices and then rebooked. Kind of risky but risk vs reward and we got lucky THIS TIME!

Did you get refunded then for your deposit?

Yes, we pulled it back out a couple months ago and watched the prices, figured we would do no worse when we started seeing other trips discounted. Kind of thought we may get lucky. So now we are 4 days on ship and 3 at POR

starch139 said:
Yes, we pulled it back out a couple months ago and watched the prices, figured we would do no worse when we started seeing other trips discounted. Kind of thought we may get lucky. So now we are 4 days on ship and 3 at POR

Not familiar with cancellation fees or rebooking, so I gotta know, how does that work with deposits and such? VGT is tempting!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Your door handle should be on the right if I remember right. Yep, that's right, I memorized EVERY door on the ship!

OK, I looked at the deck plans here on WDWinfo.com. You can see that for cabin 7071, the FE will be on the right, and so will the door handle.

Your door handle should be on the right if I remember right. Yep, that's right, I memorized EVERY door on the ship!

OK, I looked at the deck plans here on WDWinfo.com. You can see that for cabin 7071, the FE will be on the right, and so will the door handle.

Thanks! You have an amazing memory there :thumbsup2

Okay I am STILL in the FE but I am changing cabins. I have gone from an inside cabin to a cat 4 GTY. So I do not know what my new cabin # is yet. Can you change my # in the extender to reflect this change please? and Thank you.
Besides getting $$$ BACK, the best part is I am not telling DH and DD that we are Upgrading. :cool1: I am keeping that a TOTAL SURPRISE! They will be shocked when we get onboard to find out that I have taken us from a cabin with the virtual porthole (which we LOVED) to a deluxe family ocean stateroom w/ verahdah!! :woohoo:

Okay I am STILL in the FE but I am changing cabins. I have gone from an inside cabin to a cat 4 GTY. So I do not know what my new cabin # is yet. Can you change my # in the extender to reflect this change please? and Thank you.
Besides getting $$$ BACK, the best part is I am not telling DH and DD that we are Upgrading. :cool1: I am keeping that a TOTAL SURPRISE! They will be shocked when we get onboard to find out that I have taken us from a cabin with the virtual porthole (which we LOVED) to a deluxe family ocean stateroom w/ verahdah!! :woohoo:

That's awesome!!! My kids still have NO idea that we're going. I'm still trying to come up with the best way to surprise them.

I wrote a blog about ways to surprise your kids that you are going on a Disney vacation! I am on a mobile device right now but tomorrow I will post a link to it!

lisare said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

Besides getting $$$ BACK, the best part is I am not telling DH and DD that we are Upgrading. I am keeping that a TOTAL SURPRISE! They will be shocked when we get onboard to find out that I have taken us from a cabin with the virtual porthole (which we LOVED) to a deluxe family ocean stateroom w/ verahdah!!

That's awesome!!! My kids still have NO idea that we're going. I'm still trying to come up with the best way to surprise them.

This trip is just totally full of surprises!! My DD's Bday is the friday before we cruise & we will arrive in WDW on Wed. So I am surprising her w/ La Nouba Tix for her Bday since they have a good deal for AP holders (I think that's the deal) Anyhoo, she has pestered me for a couple of years to take her to see it, so that will be one of her gifts! I'm pretty stoked!! So many surprises this trip!! It's a good thing one of my closest friends is good at keeping secrets and lets me keep sharing my excitement with her! LOL

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter