Nov. 4th, 2012 Dream cruise meet thread!

I created a "Handy Dandy Delivery List" sheet in the FE Exchange workbook. Look at the bottom of the screen for the tabs.

We are getting so close! Just putting some feelers out there, is anyone going to be WALKING the 5k on Castaway Cay? I have been doing some research on the event and while it is very casual, I think that I would like to participate and just walk. I am hoping to finish between 45-50 minutes in. Just didn't know if I would have any fellow disboarders or WDW Radio box people interested?

My husband and daughter are running it. She's only 8 so I'm sure it will be a slow run!

Amy - My DS who is 11 wanted to run it (will do anything for the plastic Mickey medal!) but when I called, I was told the min age for the Castaway Cay 5k was 12. He was pretty bummed.

John - thanks for keeping the list. It has definately made all the changes easier to keep up with!

Does anyone have or have a link to the navigators for the trip? Thanks in advance!!

I have a 4 day dream navigator but its the other itinerary (Nassau, Day at Sea, Castaway Cay). They are very easy to read if you download them as a PDF. ;)

http:// www. disneycruiser .info /d120620/d4day1.htm (just remove the extra spaces)

So now that we are less than 60 days out what is on everyone's list of things to do? I've got our FE lists for both groups so now it's time to figure out gifts! Also we still need to figure out our transportation from Pop to the ship. I've emailed my TA but still waiting to hear back and I'm getting impatient! I'm ready to go! :lmao:

So now that we are less than 60 days out what is on everyone's list of things to do? I've got our FE lists for both groups so now it's time to figure out gifts! Also we still need to figure out our transportation from Pop to the ship. I've emailed my TA but still waiting to hear back and I'm getting impatient! I'm ready to go! :lmao:

Luggage! I want to bring an extra carry-on wheeled suitcase on this trip since my carry on bag always gets way too heavy. Packing should be interesting this trip -- I also need to exchange a suitcase I got for last Christmas (yikes, 9 months later...) from my mom. Its from Kohl's so you can return it whenever. Truth be told, I didn't know that I needed to return it until a trip we took in June and I realized its too big (it would easily go over the 50lb weight limit). So that means that I need to buy 2 wheeled (hopefully actually a spinner) suitcases. DH claims he'll use a duffel bag. :rotfl: I laugh because yes, I am an overpacker - but 11 days/10 nights, oh vey - the "problems" Disney vacations give us.

I also need to make my FE (learning to sew!!), and decide on the FE gifts. I actually started on some for some today. That's all the specifics I'm givin'! ;)

beatlesblonde said:

I need a new bathing suit for DD.
Candy and glowsticks.
Bath and body works plug in scents (they also serve as a night light for kids)
Pop up hamper
Beer and wine

I need a new bathing suit for DD.
Candy and glowsticks.
Bath and body works plug in scents (they also serve as a night light for kids)
Pop up hamper
Beer and wine

From everything I have read you cannot use plug in scents of any kind..I heard they will take them away as it is against fire code.

jenseib said:
From everything I have read you cannot use plug in scents of any kind..I heard they will take them away as it is against fire code.

I brought them last cruise. We had 2. Out in plain sight. I don't think it is on the list of what you cannot bring.

jenseib said:
Ok..I know I did read about them on a TR awhile back and it was said not to have them..I had one packed for my 1st Disney cruise and then took it out.

I know that it sure helped my room smelled great :) I do know you cannot have candles. I bet scentsy is a no-no too since it is melted wax.

Just checking for those part of the WDW Radio group, there isn't a theme for the door decorating contest right? Just for the flag contest?

Also I have written down that the door number is 13.5 inches down from the top of the door. Does anyone know if that's to the top of the porthole or the center?

Also are the door "knobs" all on the same side of the door?

Ok..I know I did read about them on a TR awhile back and it was said not to have them..I had one packed for my 1st Disney cruise and then took it out.

I know that it sure helped my room smelled great :) I do know you cannot have candles. I bet scentsy is a no-no too since it is melted wax.

I wonder if it depends on your room steward - if they are aware of it? Maybe it depends on the difference between the BBW wallflowers vs. glade style plugins? Might be better off bringing something like this:

glade.com/en-US/Products/Pages/decor-scents.aspx

Great idea, though, to bring something to keep the room smelling good! I'll just keep on adding to my list! ;)

Hey everyone (Americans only) remember that the presidential election is the tuesday we are on the cruise!!!! Apply for you absentee by mail forms :)

Just checked out all the available cabins on our cruise.......there are OODLES! Looks like an empty ship!!!!

Hopefully we ALL get some pixie dust upgrades!!!!

Just checked out all the available cabins on our cruise.......there are OODLES! Looks like an empty ship!!!!

Hi All!
Just booked with Florida resident rates. So there is one less oodle available. The rates are unbelievable. I know we are too late for any group activities but we look forward to seeing everyone.
We have one Platinum, one Gold, and two first time cruisers in our group. :wave2:C'yall real soon!

Saw that you are a Disney bride and stayed at Boardwalk. Our DD got married in Celebration (The Archbishop will not allow Catholic marriages at WDW weding pavaiion) and had reception at Atlantic Dance hall with WDW taking care of everything else. So exciting to have a Disney wedding. DD will be, scheduleg allowing (she works at WDW), will be on cruise with us. Phil

Yes..I am surprised as I thought it would be full with the podcast..i am happy. but Disney will do it's best to fill it up. I know they have offered Florida rates and military rates for this date. And if they have troubles with that, they will offer really drastically reduced rates for CM's and TA's. They have been doing that recently for a lot of the fall sailings. Though even then some of those ships are not full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter