• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov. 28, 2009 Western - Post Thanksgiving Relaxation Cruise

Thanks so much:cutie:

I must admit i am a little lost when it comes to this stuff but i am getting better:yay:

Just keep posting here to get your count up and you'll be able to do a lot of stuff in no time. Even if it's just a word or two, we will all understand. We've all been there.:thumbsup2:goodvibes

This is my first post. There is me, DH Nick, DD Josey who is 12 and DD Jessica who is 8. We booked this cruise in June of 2008. Needless to say, our DD's are now having trouble sleeping. This will be our second cruise and I am ready to book our third.

I am almost giddy,:rotfl: and now DH is catching up with us.

:welcome:Who needs sleep anyhow?:rotfl2: This is our second cruise too and planning on rebooking onboard.

Any questions, ask away. Someone on here probably has the answer and if they don't they will probably find them for you. That way we all learn.

At the beginning of the thread there is a Getting To Know You (GTKY) question list. It is our way to get to know a little about everyone in our group. There is also going to be a DisMeet of our little group in the Promenade lounge at 2:45 on the first day. There is also a Fish Extender (FE)(small) gift exchange being set up for those who want to do it. Nessa is in charge of that. She needs a PM (private message) of your information, but as of now your do not have enough posts to do that, so either keep posting to get up to 10 posts or put the information on here and someone will get the information to her.

Promenade Lounge Cruisemeet Reminder
Since there have been so many new families posting to the thread, I wanted to remind everyone that we will have a mini-meet at the Promenade Lounge on the first day at 2:45 p.m. just in advance of the boat drill.

It's a great way to meet some new people and have familiar faces to look for around the ship. More importantly it's a great way for kids to meet up and have a familiar face when they go to the clubs for the first time. Sometimes the kids agree to meet at a certain time on the first day at whichever club they are in so that they can have a "friend" that first time. They may not hang together the rest of the cruise (although often my DD finds an instant friend this way) but they at least have someone familiar for that first time in the club, lab, ocean quest or stack. It really seems to help ease the anxiety for the shy ones (like my DD).

Anyway, if you'd like to join us for the meet and haven't done so already, please send an EMAIL to me at jeffd99@yahoo.com. I'm compiling a list which I will send out in the next few days to everyone participating. Just send your name, your significant other's name and your kids' names and ages along with your hometown.

Thanks! It's getting close.

One month from today

Castaway Cay

Snorkeling
Sunning
Conch Coolers
Sand Castles
Cookies Bar-b-que
Crab Races
Character Dance Party
The Pirate Ship
Parasailing

And more!!!!!

The downside being the last full day of cruising and that sad sad walk back to the ship after a day in the sun...

The downside being the last full day of cruising and that sad sad walk back to the ship after a day in the sun...
My DD already told me that she's going to cry when she gets off the ship again. She got sad and started crying when she told me, telling me how sad she was that the trip had to end. :goodvibes I had to remind her that we hadn't even gotten on the boat yet. :rotfl2:

YAY and Welcome to all the new faces....Yes, yes...we LOVE reading the GYKY's....so if you're just joining us...we'd love to read yours!!!

Yes....good reminder Jessica. Also....(as dumb as this may sound) you have to remember to PRINT the Docs...Just filling them out online isn't enough, you have to have them in hand.

I got my little UPS package of cruise Docs today. A little anticlimactic because I switched room numbers yesterday...so the luggage tags aren't even going to be used...;) Since we're staying at the hotel at the port the night before, we'd justr put those tags on for the boarding of the cruise (since we're not using transportation).. Without those tags we'd never see our bags in our room, right?? hehe

Also...in the docs is says embarkation is at 1:00pm???

Oh, ok. We're taking the 10am shuttle from the Rad. at the Port...so I was hoping that was just a general time...but they would actual let peeps on earlier. I got worried because I though most people mentioned it being 12 that they "say" you can go on (with it being more like 11:30-45)...

As far as being sad to get off the boat...
I find myself getting sad just reading peoples trip reports, and seeing them come to an end...it's just so sad. I too have to remind myself that I haven't even left yet...;) I'm worried I'm going to go through withdrawls, and I don't see us being able to afford another cruise in the near future. Luckily we're going to the World in January......

DD8 is very shy. I was already thinking the meet would be good for her. DD12 doesn't have any idea that there are strangers. She is like me and will talk to anyone. I am not sure I have enough time to pull off FE gifts. Is that something for everyone everyday, or just what ever I can work into my schedule?

Just back from a little FE shopping!! Found some fun stuff but hoping to get the final count of kids (and age/gender) plus adult only staterooms to make sure I have enough and appropriate for ages.

Now on to the packing...... (or at least making sure we have what we need)!!

DD8 is very shy. I was already thinking the meet would be good for her. DD12 doesn't have any idea that there are strangers. She is like me and will talk to anyone. I am not sure I have enough time to pull off FE gifts. Is that something for everyone everyday, or just what ever I can work into my schedule?
There's a group of girls around your DD's age. Please come to the meet so they can meet each other and make plans for playing in the kid's club. My DD is an only child so she is chatting with two girls that are also on the cruise. Of course she hasn't gotten on the computer in awhile to email anyone back but...:rolleyes1. Anyway, bring your DD.

Disneyholic gave you a great link. But for a quick summation (because I'm always too lazy to read :rotfl2:), you get a list of cabins and leave little gifts for them once during the cruise. This doesn't need to be a daily event. Once during the cruise is fine. It's up to you what you put in it. We are doing smally toys for the kids and 2 things for each family that are from NJ. We are getting close to finalizing the list so if you think you want to participate please let us know as soon as possible.

And feel free to ask as many questions as you want. :thumbsup2

We usually drive so I never use anything but the luggage tags. Sorry I can't help. I'm sure Jeff will be on later and can help you.

Did you want me to PM Nessa your information about your family for the FE list or are you not going to participate? We've had a few new families join our thread and now I'm lost. :goodvibes I really need this vacation!!

Oh, I can answer the question about ship boarding though. Those passes don't get you on the ship. You get your boarding number/pass when you get to the terminal in Port Canaveral. Hope that helps. :thumbsup2

helps greatly:hug:

and i will try later to see if jeff is on:thumbsup2

Not sure about the documents you receive as we have never booked air through disney so we just use the luggage tags and the vouchers for the transporation (when we buy that).

So here are the folks who have said they will make it to the meet. Anyone else? Please email me at jeffd99@yahoo.com. I intend to send the list to folks next week sometime so if you can let me know by the end of this week, that'd be great.

jd99
disneyholic
boundfordisney
madduck
Eeyore'sthebest
DisneyCDE -- what is your home state?
duck addict
shellfish_mickfish
yukongirl123
griffith6
suzannecat
disneymommasteph
mom22tinks - what is your home state?
disneycrunch
kmccoy
erin2470

Come on join us. We don't bite (welll I can't speak for Allison, but....)

:lmao:

This just gives me another reason to ebay and shop (for FE). I forget who I am supposed to get information to for meet and FE

NESSA, for the FE, but you don't have enough posts to PM her yet so you either have to post a few more times to get to 10 or put the info on here for her to get.

jd99 - jeffd99@yahoo.com - he can't send or receive PM's right now, so you will have to email him about DisMeet.

Come on join us. We don't bite (welll I can't speak for Allison, but....)

:lmao:
Hey!!! I'm not speaking to you!!! :snooty:
I don't bite. I only nibble. :snooty: :rolleyes1 The rumors that some people spread. Humph!! :snooty::snooty:

I never had any need for this smilie :snooty: until today. I think I like it. :goodvibes

I'm so excited about the FE's. Can't wait to get the list so I can finalize what I'm actually going to do. So many ideas, but can't decide!:cheer2:Hoping it will be easier once I see who is on the list age wise.

Wish I was ready to pack but starting to get it together in my head. I had forgotten about formal night until Allison mentioned it. So, now I have to go dress shopping! :confused: Ugghh! How dressy is everyone getting for formal night?

Allison, tell your daughter I feel her pain! I was just thinking today after reading Jeff's post about Castaway Cay that 30 days from tomorrow our cruise will be over!

Oh, well!
Jessica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter