• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not too shabby for a consolation prize! A Dec 2013 TR! Update 5/3 p. 28 COMPLETED!

He saw them at Lowe's. They were on the shelf. He didn't see an actual display. But he said the LEDs are inside the big bulb.

My Christmas tree is still not up. :faint: Denny's job is to put it up and I do all the rest. He let me down this weekend. I did get the rest of the house decorated, but I have a super busy weekend coming up sooooooooo…….. I'd like to put it up Friday night. fingers crossed. And I may go and get those lights this week.

I'll check Lowe's for sure then. There is one right by my house.

Your tree isn't up? :faint: Oh Denny.........​

p.s. I forgot to mention that the soccer tournament sounds like it was fun. You west coast folks get to go to the coolest places for tournaments. Seriously, every place we ever went this time of year was FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are the freezing place so we have to go elsewhere. :rotfl2: Vegas is always fun, lots of variety of things to do after the games which makes team dinners and the like easy to plan.​

Here are a few more pics as requested. goodvibes: I added some ribbon to the tree because I thought it looked a little bare.

Here is a wreath we decorated. It's a zoom shot because it's up high but Michael put in a hidden Mickey. Love him!

null_zps5b24f2b9.jpg

Here's a view from the loft:

null_zpseef6716e.jpg

Then looking up to the loft:

null_zps6b18dd2c.jpg

One of my favorite Mickey heads:

null_zps1a21fd38.jpg

Cute little Minnie living in our tree:

null_zps9915cce5.jpg

Pluto, always a happy pup:

null_zpscc0f914d.jpg

A couple more Mickey heads:

null_zps40eb5bc7.jpg

null_zps310dcd05.jpg

I've GOT to get my tree up. I love you Mickey bulbs. They are so adorable!

Denny got me those lights today. They do look a tad different than the old school retro version. They are a little bit smaller (not much) and the have tiny groves in the bulb. You'll have to check them out when you go to Lowes. I'm still pretty excited to use mine.

I've GOT to get my tree up. I love you Mickey bulbs. They are so adorable!

Denny got me those lights today. They do look a tad different than the old school retro version. They are a little bit smaller (not much) and the have tiny groves in the bulb. You'll have to check them out when you go to Lowes. I'm still pretty excited to use mine.

Yes. He does. Stat!!

I can't wait to see your lights. Hopefully Lowe's will have some after the holidays and I can pick them up on sale.

So I spaced posting about a very important trip change. There's a good side and bad side but the good totally cancels out the bad.

:woohoo: Michael is not flying home now on Chloe's birthday. We're going to leave So Cal now on 12/23 . We lose a day of vacation but we get Michael for an extra 2 1/2 days and I don't have to do all of the driving..... or any for that matter. ;) He's so excited to be staying. It was his idea to cover his shift and stay with us. I am so happy. :lovestruc Tonight he text and said he can't wait for drinks at the Hearthstone Lounge. The kids are elated too.

I'm guessing only total Disney nerds drive 24 hours for a 108 hour vacation, not including the driving? :laughing:

Michael works Christmas Eve so we'll go to my inlaws as planned. Michael is in charge of finding a buddy to pick up and drop off the dogs at our house on 12/23.

Good for you, Jenny. That's great that Michael gets to have extra time with you all. :goodvibes

Thanks friend. Your books arrived too before I forget to tell you. I posted it on FB too. :good vibes

His team killed it the first game and he got a hat trick. :woohoo: First one ever. They lost the second game by two goals and played the dirtiest team I have ever seen. The third game the got killed but played well. The other team played so well, like MLS quality. I could not believe they were U12 bits. They passed liked pros. Our boys foot skills are amazing but these guys were so fast, we just couldn't get there.​

good, hopefully the rest of the order arrives today or tomorrow.

:cool1: on the hat trick! How exciting

K's tournament was kind of a bust, I think they tied 2 and won one. She did get some new schools expressing interest (Cal Lutheran, can't recall what else) so that was good. Except she missed a day of school as her mom goofed up and booked the wrong return flight!

Can you ask him where he saw them? I would love to be moe carbon footprint friendly.

Do it girl! The bold colors are so fun, so nostalgic. Did you put it up? Pictures!!!​

Pretty sure I've seen them at target too

Let's see a photo. :thumbsup2

Nothing new on the Disneyland trip but I realized tonight that I have 15 days to be wrapped and ready for Christmas. :faint: One would think I'd be doing something other than playing here. ;)

I had a similar panic. Not so much about the trip but what I need to get done at work between now and then. I really need to squish in a quick work trip and trying to figure it out around commitments here is making my head spin. Oh yeah, and shop lol.

I know the 15 days has me wide awake right now at 4:30 am and I'm debating starting a pot of decaf and getting up to decorate my mantle and banisters. :crazy: [/CENTER]

LOVE the ornaments! Our tree isn't up yet either, too crazy with the anniversary getaway, in laws here yada yada. We don't usually do it the 1st weekend anyway. Should be Sat/Sun though. Almost have everything up now except for the tree, outside lights/wreaths and one last box of "stuff" I haven't even gotten into and the garland for the stairs. I want some new "good" lighted garland SO bad but really can't justify it this year, at all.

Great news! So glad Michael can stay with you the entire trip even though it means a shorter trip.

Jill in CO

Good for you, Jenny. That's great that Michael gets to have extra time with you all. :goodvibes

:goodvibes I'm so happy, thank you. He travels so much lately (with more to come) so it feels extra special to have him at Disneyland.​

good, hopefully the rest of the order arrives today or tomorrow.

:cool1: on the hat trick! How exciting

K's tournament was kind of a bust, I think they tied 2 and won one. She did get some new schools expressing interest (Cal Lutheran, can't recall what else) so that was good. Except she missed a day of school as her mom goofed up and booked the wrong return flight!

Pretty sure I've seen them at target too

I had a similar panic. Not so much about the trip but what I need to get done at work between now and then. I really need to squish in a quick work trip and trying to figure it out around commitments here is making my head spin. Oh yeah, and shop lol.

LOVE the ornaments! Our tree isn't up yet either, too crazy with the anniversary getaway, in laws here yada yada. We don't usually do it the 1st weekend anyway. Should be Sat/Sun though. Almost have everything up now except for the tree, outside lights/wreaths and one last box of "stuff" I haven't even gotten into and the garland for the stairs. I want some new "good" lighted garland SO bad but really can't justify it this year, at all.

I wrap my own garland in lights still because I won't pony up for lighted garland. :blush: I'm not cheap but my garland is fake and in great shape, never going to die. :laughing:

Please post your tree and decorations too.

Sorry K's tournament was a bust but glad she got more college attention. :thumbsup2

See update on this trip change. :banana:

:thanks: I'm sure it will all arrive. The UPS guy thinks I'm a shopaholic. :lmao: He's here every single day. My kids don't even ask if its for them, they know its not. :laughing:

Where are you going for work?​

I wrap my own garland in lights still because I won't pony up for lighted garland. :blush: I'm not cheap but my garland is fake and in great shape, never going to die. :laughing:

I'd only pony up for it for the living room as they have one that matches our tree and it would be worth it out there.

Please post your tree and decorations too.

I will :)

Sorry K's tournament was a bust but glad she got more college attention. :thumbsup2

Yes! We should hear on her first choice soon. It's a bit nerve wracking.

See update on this trip change. :banana:

AWESOME change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate driving, honestly I wouldn't do it. Couldn't. My eyes can't take it for more than 2 hours and that's pushing it. Nightime is the worst.

:thanks: I'm sure it will all arrive. The UPS guy thinks I'm a shopaholic. :lmao: He's here every single day. My kids don't even ask if its for them, they know its not. :laughing:

Just checked UPS says EOD Friday. Ugh. Cutting it close

Where are you going for work?

Ummmm

somewhere warm

I have to break it to Jeff tonight

but truly I don't see it as an option not to go. I'll know for sure tomorrow

And it will be a fast, furious, non stop work trip that's for sure

OK. I'm glad that Michael can be there for the whole trip and you won't be rushed when we get together on Saturday.

Now what the He11 Is a friggin hat trick????????????????????

Y'all keep talking about it. I think there were at least three other things you mentioned in your soccer mom post, but everyone seems really happy about him getting a hat trick and I have no idea what this is!

OK. I'm glad that Michael can be there for the whole trip and you won't be rushed when we get together on Saturday.

Y'all keep talking about it. I think there were at least three other things you mentioned in your soccer mom post, but everyone seems really happy about him getting a hat trick and I have no idea what this is!

Hat trick is 3 in a row; especially if it is positive. We use the same terminology in cricket when someone gets three batters out with three successive deliveries. Hmm.....I think it original use was for cricket.

So in football, you would have scored three goals.

That is great news to hear that Michael will be able to spend more time you and the kids during the trip.

Great news! So glad Michael can stay with you the entire trip even though it means a shorter trip.

Jill in CO

:goodvibes Thanks girl. We must have been posting at the same time.​

I'd only pony up for it for the living room as they have one that matches our tree and it would be worth it out there.

I will :)

Yes! We should hear on her first choice soon. It's a bit nerve wracking.

AWESOME change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate driving, honestly I wouldn't do it. Couldn't. My eyes can't take it for more than 2 hours and that's pushing it. Nightime is the worst.

Just checked UPS says EOD Friday. Ugh. Cutting it close.

Ummmm

somewhere warm

I have to break it to Jeff tonight

but truly I don't see it as an option not to go. I'll know for sure tomorrow

And it will be a fast, furious, non stop work trip that's for sure

Somewhere amazing and warm or just somewhere warm. Either way, I'd be jealous and am! It's so ridiculously cold here. :scared:

K must be elated to have choices! That in and if itself is quite an accomplishment.

No worries, the gifts will get here and thank you to you and Jill again for helping provide Christmas for these kids. :hug:

Hahaha! A hat trick is 3 goals in one game. It's pretty cool especially in 12 y/o boy land. He said if he died right there, he'd die happy. :rotfl: The parents went nuts when he scored the third goal. He also is a striker, the guys who are in front scoring, so to get a hat trick as a center mid, where your job is to evaluate and pass, it's pretty neat. He was so int playing, he didn't realize that he got a hat trick, his face was priceless but of course, I missed the pic.

Hat trick is 3 in a row; especially if it is positive. We use the same terminology in cricket when someone gets three batters out with three successive deliveries. Hmm.....I think it original use was for cricket.

So in football, you would have scored three goals.

::yes:: I didn't know there was a hat trick in cricket too. Michael makes fun of me because sometimes the DIS is my main news source :blush: but really, I learn all kinds of great info here. :thumbsup2

That is great news to hear that Michael will be able to spend more time you and the kids during the trip.

Thanks Bret, we're all super stoked. Joshua did the math tonight. We're driving 24 hours for 144 hours of vacation. He didn't love the numbers. :laughing: You'd think the burden of driving was on him. The girls love the drive. They're so weird. They'd rather drive than fly. :upsidedow

Thanks Bret, we're all super stoked. Joshua did the math tonight. We're driving 24 hours for 144 hours of vacation. He didn't love the numbers. :laughing: You'd think the burden of driving was on him. The girls love the drive. They're so weird. They'd rather drive than fly. :upsidedow

I'm excited for you and your family. Driving should be exciting than flying since you are on the road and you could stop at very interesting places on the way to your destination. Just like your girls I like to drive when I go down to the DLR over flying. I like to fly once in awhile to SoCal but I do bring a lot of stuff with me so we can enjoy the trips even more.

That's wonderful news about M and the trip!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

And I love all the Disney ornaments :) the shot looking down from the loft just oozes the holidays :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter