Not too shabby for a consolation prize! A Dec 2013 TR! Update 5/3 p. 28 COMPLETED!

I just got back from our boat tour that one of our realtors invited us on. Evidently they purchase a "subscription" with one of the boat companies and get a certain number of cruises each year. Her husband drove the boat and they ordered an huge tray of appetizers from George's Greek Grill and had a couple bottles of wine for us to drink while cruising. We went all over the inside water ways and our last part we did the Naples canals.

You will love "Mazel Turk!" when you see it next weekend! Does someone in your party drive the boat or does the operator drive? I would imagine that the waterways are pretty congested that night. We had fun seeing all the lights and it was a very temperate evening. I didn't even need my coat, I just had a long sleeve henle T-shirt, but then the boat was enclosed.

You'll have a great time next weekend!

Sounds idyllic! I bet the Naples canals were wonderful!

Hmmm ... it's only a 20-minute difference in reservation time but Storytellers would require the extra 10 minute walk too. If it's Chloe's birthday, let her pick (and tell her siblings to smile and indulge her anyways if she picks the earlier one!)

PHXscuba

Good idea but I'm trying to surprise her. She'd choose Chip n Dale for the characters. She'd choose Goofy's for the sleep. She's a teenager. :rotfl:

:dogdance: 5 Days!!!! :dogdance:

:banana: We're all so silly excited. Last night we watched Tangled and Mulan in anticipation.

How's your weekend? Are you finished with your holiday shopping?​

This is my first time staying there! I usually do GCH, last time I tried PP. This is a solo quick weekend trip - just me Friday-Sunday. I can't wait :)

How wonderful. :cloud9: You can see and do whatever you want on your own time frame. I like the DLH rooms better than the GCH rooms. I'll be interested in what you think. :thumbsup2

I just got back from our boat tour that one of our realtors invited us on. Evidently they purchase a "subscription" with one of the boat companies and get a certain number of cruises each year. Her husband drove the boat and they ordered an huge tray of appetizers from George's Greek Grill and had a couple bottles of wine for us to drink while cruising. We went all over the inside water ways and our last part we did the Naples canals.

You will love "Mazel Turk!" when you see it next weekend! Does someone in your party drive the boat or does the operator drive? I would imagine that the waterways are pretty congested that night. We had fun seeing all the lights and it was a very temperate evening. I didn't even need my coat, I just had a long sleeve henle T-shirt, but then the boat was enclosed.

You'll have a great time next weekend!

Did you take photos? popcorn:: We will drive the boat. We aren't doing it the night of the boat parade now but the night after. The night of had a 4 hour minimum. :faint: I think we'll bring wine and cheese and crackers and meats for our cruise. I'm excited because we are 4:30-6:30 so not only will we get to see the lights but we'll get to see the sunset. :lovestruc I'm glad you enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

I love watching Disney movies in trip anticipation!!!! :hyper: You guys are going to have such a fabulous time! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I have a few presents left to buy. How are you doing? What's left to do before you leave?

I love watching Disney movies in trip anticipation!!!! :hyper: You guys are going to have such a fabulous time! :dance3::dance3::dance3: I have a few presents left to buy. How are you doing? What's left to do before you leave?

Isn't it the best?! Tonight we had my work Christmas party but in all honesty, I would have rather been home, warm, and watching Disney movies with Michael and the kids. I'm such an old lady. :blush:

What are your family traditions on Christmas Eve and Day?

I'm pretty much finished. Tomorrow I'm meeting my girlfriends, that I do the foster child gift drive with, for brunch and that's really been the majority of my focus. I'll give them the remaining gifts and then I'm done. Michael still needs to make the girls' 1D VIP ticket for Chloe's birthday as we have to take it with us to CA.

I haven't packed or even brought up the suitcases. My bedroom looks like Santa puked in it due to all of the foster child gifts. :lmao: Once that's done, I'll focus on the trip. I work Monday and Tuesday. I don't have the coverage to take off Tuesday or I would.

Please let me know when you've started your trip report.​

Isn't it the best?! Tonight we had my work Christmas party but in all honesty, I would have rather been home, warm, and watching Disney movies with Michael and the kids. I'm such an old lady. :blush:

Hey, that's what I'd rather be doing too! There's truly nothing better than being with your loved ones.

What are your family traditions on Christmas Eve and Day?

Christmas Eve with mom and we have Chinese food and then open gifts. Christmas Day with dad and stepmom, have brunch, open gifts, and usually watch an old Christmas movie with grandma. Very low key, but wonderful.

I'm pretty much finished. Tomorrow I'm meeting my girlfriends, that I do the foster child gift drive with, for brunch and that's really been the majority of my focus. I'll give them the remaining gifts and then I'm done. Michael still needs to make the girls' 1D VIP ticket for Chloe's birthday as we have to take it with us to CA.

I haven't packed or even brought up the suitcases. My bedroom looks like Santa puked in it due to all of the foster child gifts. :lmao: Once that's done, I'll focus on the trip. I work Monday and Tuesday. I don't have the coverage to take off Tuesday or I would.

What do you give the foster kids? Sounds like a wonderful program to be involved in.

VIP 1D tickets, very cool! Will this be the third time they've met them?

Please let me know when you've started your trip report.

I started it last night, I put a link in my last TR, but if you haven't seen that here's another one:

VGF TR

Hey, that's what I'd rather be doing too! There's truly nothing better than being with your loved ones.

::yes:: I couldn't agree more. Today was filled with running around. I'm actually looking forward to the loooong drive to S Cal if for no other reason than to have some downtime with everyone.​

Christmas Eve with mom and we have Chinese food and then open gifts. Christmas Day with dad and stepmom, have brunch, open gifts, and usually watch an old Christmas movie with grandma. Very low key, but wonderful.

Love the Chinese food tradition. :thumbsup2 We also open with my inlaws on Christmas Eve. Did you ask Santa for anything special?

You're like the sweetest daughter and granddaughter ever. :goodvibes

What do you give the foster kids? Sounds like a wonderful program to be involved in.

In a nutshell, we help provide Christmas to children in the DCFS/foster care/Prevent Child Abuse Utah (PCAU) system who are either in an orphanage or waiting for foster placement, with a foster family that cannot provide Christmas, and for kids who previous sponsors have fallen through. One of my dear friends is a case worker for DCFS and the other volunteers with PCAU and is a former foster child. Together, with loads of donations, we were able to provide Christmas to over 30 children this year. We were at 28 yesterday morning, had two more sponsors back out, put it out there, and the Universe took care of it. It's truly amazing. It's very humbling.​

VIP 1D tickets, very cool! Will this be the third time they've met them?

They wish! They met them once in June 2012 at the Vegas show. This year they are doing an arena tour :scared: and the packages don't have meet and greets; not that I'd spend that anyway. Ever.:faint: The girls are getting tickets for their birthdays but don't know yet. They do know though that the only way they'll meet them is to win a meet and greet. They aren't coming to SLC so it was either Los Angeles or Phoenix. The little girl we took to WDW last year lives in Phoenix so that made the choice obvious.​

I started it last night, I put a link in my last TR, but if you haven't seen that here's another one:

VGF TR

I found it and started reading. Holy moly that's one gorgeous DVC resort. Wow!​

Did you take photos? popcorn:: We will drive the boat. We aren't doing it the night of the boat parade now but the night after. The night of had a 4 hour minimum. :faint: I think we'll bring wine and cheese and crackers and meats for our cruise. I'm excited because we are 4:30-6:30 so not only will we get to see the lights but we'll get to see the sunset. :lovestruc I'm glad you enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

No, I didn't take photos. I figured that I would never capture the coolness of the tour with the camera, and besides as I found out at the party today, if I had tried, the camera battery was dead already.

It sounds like you are doing the same tour as we did. 4:30-6:30, we saw the Sunset and then the lights. What tour company did you book with? Will Michael drive?

It was so neat? Do you know the route you will take? Our boat driver seemed to know exactly how to time it just right. We went through the canals that weren't so exciting first and then ended up in Naples for the Wow! Finale. It was great! They brought a platter with Spanakopita, Cheese Spanokopita, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Falafel, Meatballs, Tzatziki, Hummus, and Pita Bread. Then we had red wine to drink, it was lovely.

No, I didn't take photos. I figured that I would never capture the coolness of the tour with the camera, and besides as I found out at the party today, if I had tried, the camera battery was dead already.

It sounds like you are doing the same tour as we did. 4:30-6:30, we saw the Sunset and then the lights. What tour company did you book with? Will Michael drive?

It was so neat? Do you know the route you will take? Our boat driver seemed to know exactly how to time it just right. We went through the canals that weren't so exciting first and then ended up in Naples for the Wow! Finale. It was great! They brought a platter with Spanakopita, Cheese Spanokopita, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Falafel, Meatballs, Tzatziki, Hummus, and Pita Bread. Then we had red wine to drink, it was lovely.

Pelican Joes. What tour co does your realtor use? I've never done this so I have no idea which way to go or anything. :hyper: I'm having anxiety. Your food sounds delicious. I'm worried about the weather also. Rain called for Thursday. Did it get super cool when the sun set?

It sounds beautiful and I can't wait. It'll be the perfect way to end our painfully short trip. As I'm laying these 4 days out on paper, I think I'm over ambitious. Plus Michael's buddy text and wants to have dinner one night. We've only got 2 nights and one will be on the boat. I so wish we had an extra 2 days.

It's going to be crazy busy and oh so fun and I know I'm trying to squeeze too much in.​

Pelican Joes. What tour co does your realtor use? I've never done this so I have no idea which way to go or anything. :hyper: I'm having anxiety. Your food sounds delicious. I'm worried about the weather also. Rain called for Thursday. Did it get super cool when the sun set?

It sounds beautiful and I can't wait. It sounds like the perfect way to end our painfully short trip. As I'm laying these 4 days out on paper, I think I'm over ambitious. Plus Michael's buddy text and wants to have dinner one night. We've only got 2 nights and one will be on the boat. I so wish we had an extra 2 days.

It's going to be crazy busy and oh so fun and I know I'm trying to squeeze too much in.​

There's certainly room for dinner after the boat. Our realtor was part of the McKennas on the Bay Boat Co. I guess they just switched because they said this company was much better than the previous boat company.

We were full after all the food we ate on the boat, but you don't need to eat as much as we did, dinner could be a possibility after the boat if you don't eat as much as we did.

There's certainly room for dinner after the boat. Our realtor was part of the McKennas on the Bay Boat Co. I guess they just switched because they said this company was much better than the previous boat company.

We were full after all the food we ate on the boat, but you don't need to eat as much as we did, dinner could be a possibility after the boat if you don't eat as much as we did.

Love McKenna's! My old boss from Legends is at McKenna's now. It's such a crazy small world. My friend said: lets get a Duffy boat. I said: ok. Goodness knows what Pelican Joe's will be like. :scared1: I need to call tomorrow as we didn't receive our confirmation email. The girl who answered the phone and made our reservation did get our CC number though so hopefully we're good. I haven't told M or the kids yet. I waffled and hinted but ultimately didn't and think it will be a fun surprise though somehow I need to pack jackets on the sly. We're going to need the luggage rack hitched up for sure. :blush:

Michael is so into this trip and I love it. He already bought the road trip snacks. He beefed up our emergency road kit tonight. New flashlight batteries, another sleeping bag, more granola bars. He read about some family that survived a roll over and snow storm. They were stranded for 3 days and survived. He's got all that helicopter survival training so I'm glad we benefit from that. Plus we do have AAA and 5 cell phones. ;)

He's the only one who's packed as he works tomorrow for 48*. Our plan is to be on the road no later than 9:30, that'll put us in town about 7:00 if I drive. 8:00 if Michael drives. He's such a grampa in the car.​

Drive safe! Sounds like you're all set. :thumbsup2

Looks like your all set and have a safe drive down to SoCal.

I haven't even packed. :rotfl2: I was up at 4:30 am doing laundry. I have to work today and tomorrow and have about 1,000 things to do. It's times like these that I wish Gabby didn't have a job so she could help me more when Michael is working. The great thing about his job is that when he's home, he's home. The bad thing about his job is when he's at work, he's gone for 48*.

There's some stuff that has to wait until tomorrow like taking Guinness to the kennel and packing. The kids don't believe me that they're going to need pants and sweatshirts; they're thinking shorts and t-shirts. :rolleyes: I'd say live and learn but I'm not shelling out the extra coin for Disneyland sweatshirts because they're freezing. :laughing:

And I'm anxiety eating and my jeans are snug. Think I can live on adrenaline and pixiedust?

But we will travel safe and thank you for the good vibes. :goodvibes

Last minute change:

Spoke with my friend today and she's got a terrible flu. I booked the Marriott in Cypress, which is about 10 minutes from Disneyland for the night before. It's also about 5 minutes from my friends' so if she's still sick I can boring her some soup and visit for a bit.

My friend is a Hilton manager and gets a friends and family discount at Hilton and Marriott properties, only certain dates apply. Fortunately ours does. The discount saves $60 a night! I also booked the same hotel for 12/21 and 12/22 in case my friend is still sick. I can't imagine a houseful of people while having the flu. She's a doll and wouldn't ask us to stay elsewhere but I'd hate to even think of entertaining or chatting when sick :sick:. Hopefully she'll be better soon but if not, Ive got a Plan B as far as accommodations go. I would hate not seeing my friend though. :sad2: I out alerts on my phone to cancel if she's better. I would hate to be charged.​

And I just made us an impromptu reservation at the Napa Rose for just Michael and I on Thursday evening. If its going to rain we may as well take advantage of it. I need to find the cancellation policy just in case.​

Have fun, fun, fun!!!

Thanks girl! Your trip is so close too! :woohoo: I bet you guys are so excited. New house, trip to Disneyland. 2014 is looking like it's going to be a great year for your family.

I'm totally hyper focused on a hotel for 12/18. My friend can get the Hilton Doubletree for $39! But I have no clue what that hotel is like?

DVC has ruined me. :blush:

And I just made us an impromptu reservation at the Napa Rose for just Michael and I on Thursday evening. If its going to rain we may as well take advantage of it. I need to find the cancellation policy just in case.​

I think you two should enjoy a night of a wonderful dinner, but Dallas did say that it was going to be a fairly dry cold storm. It won't come in over the water so it won't pick up a lot of water. There may be only scattered showers Thursday and Friday.

I hope it works out that way, but it will be cold for So Cal. The highs have been in the 70s maybe, inland they are lower. Anaheim might be lower. Make them bring cold weather clothes, they have them. There is no need to buy new sweatshirts and other stuff because they don't think they need them!

When do you start driving? Tomorrow morning? Safe travels if I miss you, and have a FABULOUS trip!!!!!

I hope your friend feels better soon. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter