not a fan of fast pass plus

Those are some nasty looking lines, d-r. Yikes!!!

Here is the first photo, it was not set up correctly.

1513256_10104489051242144_340823355_n.jpg

I wonder, who profited from this $1,000,000,000 boneheaded blunder?

The only good thing about this weekend chaos is that HOPEFULLY the Disney brass and powers that be will now be able to see how this whole FP+ process is going to shake out!

I imagine the complaints at GS will be piling up!

Such a shame that they "improved" the FP system. MB might be great, but FP+ is anything but. Once again I am so thankful we had our trip this summer. We were there during peak time and had nothing like those lines. I had a feeling it would be bad, but this is just worse than I thought it would be. I certainly will be keeping my fingers crossed that this system is going to improve a lot.

I know it's early and they could turn this around, but right now FP+ seems to be on it's way to being Disney's "New Coke". :crazy2:

I know it's early and they could turn this around, but right now FP+ seems to be on it's way to being Disney's "New Coke". :crazy2:

Unless nobody complains about it. Then they'd think it was a success.

I waited in this ridiculous line on Friday. As a former CM and former Imagineering IT gal I find this absolutely counterintuitive.

I'm not counting very many smiles in those pictures.

I was thinking the very same thing and I'm not surprised--who would be smiling when trying to deal with that malarkey?

Oh, yeah, I'm super psyched about our end of Feb/early March trip. Not.

The solution is more attractions. But that can't be fixed right away. I think they put the cart before the horse on this one. Because of limited ride capacity, there has never been a "way out" of this mess.

The Disney solution is going to be interactive standby lines.

PLUS it has the potential to get WORSE! This is from the FAQs:

"The total number of FastPass+ experiences available to you during your visit depends on several factors including availability and the vacation packages and tickets linked to your Disney account. Generally, FastPass+ eligible Guests are able to select one set of FastPass+ experiences each day for every valid theme park ticket linked to their account.

Depending on availability, you should be able to make up to 3 FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment each day at one theme park."

So in busy/peak season, the FP+ number could be REDUCED! :)

The DISboards would light up then.

I'm so glad I had many enjoyable trips to WDW with my family. I will not return until this debacle is remedied.

How long did it take to get through that line???

Was about 20 mins total. Standby line was up to 75 mins. Waited forever in standby for SM twice... once friday because all fp+ were gone by like early afternoon friday. It sucks for large groups. The holdup was mostly because people weren't sure how to use fp+ but either way this is not good. I don't like to schedule my experience like this. The fp+ kiosk at guest services was a 20 min wait just to find out our ride we wanted the most was already out. Not right.

Please excuse my writing. I am using my phone on the plane (yay, inflight internet) while flying back home. I miss living in cfl so much.

If there are regular lines of more than a few minutes to get past the FP+ scanners, and the lines continue all the way to the next scanner, the problem would seem to be that they are issuing too many FP reservations.

Waits that are just outside the scanners, indicate a problem or inefficiency at the scanners themselves.

Both of those things are fixable.

Neither of these has anything to do with the things about FP+ that generate the vast majority of the complaints (limit 3, tiering, no attraction twice, only one park, etc.)

Wow! Pictures certainly tell the tale. I feel so sorry for offsite guests, guests with app issues or a guest who had no idea about this at all. I hope those with reports in the next few months keep the pictures coming.

This is not how we will be spending our vacations either. And despite what Disney thinks - continued bad experiences and word of mouth does impact business no matter how big the business.

If we were going anytime in the next year, I would certainly be monitoring and coming up with a backup plan to go elsewhere if this doesn't get fixed for the better and soon.

Was about 20 mins total. Standby line was up to 75 mins. Waited forever in standby for SM twice... once friday because all fp+ were gone by like early afternoon friday. It sucks for large groups. The holdup was mostly because people weren't sure how to use fp+ but either way this is not good. I don't like to schedule my experience like this. The fp+ kiosk at guest services was a 20 min wait just to find out our ride we wanted the most was already out. Not right.

Please excuse my writing. I am using my phone on the plane (yay, inflight internet) while flying back home. I miss living in cfl so much.

Do you mean 20 minutes to get on the ride, or 20 minutes to get past the first scanner? If the latter, how much longer did it take to get boarded?

Was there still a steady line even after you got past the scanner?

Was about 20 mins total. Standby line was up to 75 mins. Waited forever in standby for SM twice... once friday because all fp+ were gone by like early afternoon friday. It sucks for large groups.

There is simply no way to spin that as anything but a bad experience.

The holdup was mostly because people weren't sure how to use fp+ but either way this is not good.

That's an issue they will have every day for years to come, regardless of how hard they try to educate guests prior to arrival.

The fp+ kiosk at guest services was a 20 min wait just to find out our ride we wanted the most was already out. Not right.

No, that isn't right. There should be an annunciator or status board available in the queue showing what is still available. That shouldn't be difficult, all the components needed to accomplish that are already there. It just illustrates a severe lack of planning.

Sad, so sad. It's a sad sad situation.....and it's getting more absurd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter