• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. - ToT 10 Miler & F&W - Updated 12/21

ADRs - Trip #1

Finally time to make reservations for the various trips! I made some backup reservations for this trip just in case the events that get released for F&W aren’t what we want to do.

Sept 18th
8:00PM - Yachtsman

Sept 19th
11:30AM - Tutto Italia (Backup)
6:00PM - Chefs de France (Backup)

Sept 20th
12:00PM - Tokyo Dining (Backup)
6:00PM - Flying Fish (Backup)

Great choices...Yachtsman is on my list for PHM...a celebration dinner. Good to have back up plans, honestly I had so much fun eating at the different F&W booths that we did not need TS!

Yum, I think we are going to try Yachtmans too. I've seen so many good reviews and photos, it makes me drool :)

I get to make ours tomorrow morning for out TOT trip. So excited!

Exciting! I'm still debating on some of mine for ToT so I haven't finalized those yet. I will accomplish that tomorrow.

:cool1: For the back up plans! :thumbsup2

Exactly! I have a feeling I'm going to end up canceling at least 3 of the 4 back ups but at least they are there in the mean time!

Great choices...Yachtsman is on my list for PHM...a celebration dinner. Good to have back up plans, honestly I had so much fun eating at the different F&W booths that we did not need TS!

I love Yachtsman. Our last two meals there have been great. All that protein as well is great for a celebration dinner after PHM! We have fun eating at the booths too but we also don't mind just going to a restaurant for an appetizer or bringing back half of the meal back to the room to finish later.

Yum, I think we are going to try Yachtmans too. I've seen so many good reviews and photos, it makes me drool :)

It makes me drool too and I just ate there 2 months ago.

April Week 1 Run Update/Make-A-Wish 5k Recap

Monday, March 31st
Rest Day.

Tuesday, April 1st

72leKsi.png

W6D1. Little slower than Friday but I did go farther.

I also had my doctor’s appointment at work for the ‘advanced massage techniques’ He doesn’t think its shin splints but rather an overuse caused by my calves as my pain was a little too high for it to be the shin. It was a good type of pain as he worked it out on my leg for 15 minutes. Another appointment for next Tuesday to see how its healing as the area he worked still feels tender to touch.

Wednesday, April 2nd

I spent 22 minutes on the bike at the gym late this evening. I tried to do some upper body work but I was only able to do about half of my usual routine thanks to the fact that the gym was way busier than usual and crowds of people were just hanging out on the machines talking to others.

Thursday, April 3rd

yv1tz9o.png

W6D2. I went for a run on the road instead of the treadmill as my last three runs have been on a machine. I’m getting a little frustrated how I’m still maintaining roughly the same pace on the road yet I am increasing pace on the treadmill.

Friday, April 4th

Crosstraining Day. 30 minutes on the bike along with actually getting to working on my upper body/core.

I also decided to make a running skirt

7fz0zeT.jpg

goiCktQ.jpg

CG1oXEU.jpg

Saturday, April 5th

Make A Wish 5k!

I arrived at FGCU right after 7:00AM & we hung around until race started at 8:30.

peieBb1.jpg

Members of my group jokingly doing Zumba

Once the race started, a few of us end up breaking into various groups. I paired up with the other girl in the tutu as we both were at around the same pace.

I went slower than I thought when I looked at my chipped time. I was the slowest in my age group and in the bottom 10 overall for chipped participants. There were about 400 more people at the run/walk that weren’t chipped time. I probably ended up in the middle of the pack when you consider all of them.

TSLylJK.png

But I started my mapmyrun about a half a mile in after I did my initial start of the run as with the chaos at the beginning of the race, I just forgot to start it. I didn’t get to start it until I stopped running and went into a walk for a time.

qJAKAIz.png

The course was a turnaround one so I was able to figure out exactly what I ended up running. From the green arrow back to the red one was .5 mile so if I figure my chip time with that additional mileage the course was 3.35 miles that I actually ran, my pace was more like 14:33min/mil. I’m still slower than I want to be though.

The other positive about this race was I was in zero pain at the end & still had energy to go afterwards with only having some water as recovery.

8Z13RFB.jpg

At Home after the race

Overall, I know I really need to work on my road running as on the treadmill I can maintain a great pace but on the road I don’t have the belt forcing me to keep moving when I want to slow down.

Sunday, April 6th
When I woke up, I didn’t feel stiff at all which is great! I debated between taking a rest day or going to the gym. I got bored so I ended up at the gym for 30 minutes on the bike along with all my core/upper body work.

Ugh, I hate when the gym is crowded and I can't do what I want on the weights. I usually give up and stick to cardio then.

Yay on the race! Cute tutu!

Congrats on your race! Way to go!!! So cool you were pain free and had energy to keep going afterward. Cute skirt too!!!

Have been lurking on your report for awhile...congrats on completing your 5K race! :goodvibes Bonus that you weren't sore the next day, looked like you had some decent elevation changes out on the course!

Way to go! Gotta love a pain free race! You're doing great!

Thanks! It was interesting this morning at work how some people were still hurting so it made me feel great that even with my fat self was better off than many of the more fit people in the office.

Ugh, I hate when the gym is crowded and I can't do what I want on the weights. I usually give up and stick to cardio then.

Yay on the race! Cute tutu!

I usually give up too and just leave after finishing cardio as I usually start with cardio then move to the weights.

Congrats on your race! Way to go!!! So cool you were pain free and had energy to keep going afterward. Cute skirt too!!!

Thank you :) I'm glad my training has been doing something and it showed during this race. I needed to add more tulle but I can always pick some more up the next time I get near Hobby Lobby.

Have been lurking on your report for awhile...congrats on completing your 5K race! :goodvibes Bonus that you weren't sore the next day, looked like you had some decent elevation changes out on the course!

Thanks for joining in. It was pretty flat as its Florida, it seems the most I've changed during a run was about 30 feet. There are really no hills here around Naples/Fort Myers.

ADRs - Trip #2

ADRs changed a bit from what we originally planned on but thats ok. My husband doesn't want a sit down dinner before the race so I compromised with saying we would do a counter service as I know I will need food even if he just wants to eat a protein bar or two.

Sept 30th
8:15PM - Bluezoo

Oct 1st
11:35AM - Coral Reef
5:50PM - Teppan Edo

Oct 2nd
12:05PM - Brown Derby
5:50PM - California Grill (Back Up)

Oct 3rd
11:50AM - Beaches & Cream
5:20PM - Liberty Tree Tavern

Oct 4th
11:30AM - Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Linner - Counter Service @ Hotel

Oct 5th

GREAT JOB on the training & the 5K! I love your skirt too! So cute!!

What a great accomplishment!

Good ADR choices too. I made mine on Sunday but only ended up going with two. Ohana's the night before the race (so Oct 3rd) and then Tepan Edo at 2:30 on Race Day.

Was debating throwing another one in but not sure what yet...

Beaches and Cream is one of my favorite.... so maybe that.....

ADRs - Trip #2 ADRs changed a bit from what we originally planned on but thats ok. My husband doesn't want a sit down dinner before the race so I compromised with saying we would do a counter service as I know I will need food even if he just wants to eat a protein bar or two. Sept 30th 8:15PM - Bluezoo Oct 1st 11:35AM - Coral Reef 5:50PM - Teppan Edo Oct 2nd 12:05PM - Brown Derby 5:50PM - California Grill (Back Up) Oct 3rd 11:50AM - Beaches & Cream 5:20PM - Liberty Tree Tavern Oct 4th 11:30AM - Wolfgang Puck Cafe Linner - Counter Service @ Hotel Oct 5th

My folks are doing liberty tree the night of the race. I am skipping dinner and having a Cliff bar and maybe a banana and peanut butter.

We're doing O'hana the night before. It's my favorite. Yumm!

My folks are doing liberty tree the night of the race. I am skipping dinner and having a Cliff bar and maybe a banana and peanut butter.

We are doing O'Hana on Friday too. What time is your Ressie? Ours is 8:15pm....

Looks like some good ADRs! I think a counter service can be a great comprise since it will give you more freedom to eat what you feel like eating that specific night. For me, I know I need a larger linner to carry me through the race. But I also don't necessarily know if I will feel like I need more protein or carbs. This is why I like Boma for a prerace meal. I will have that and then end up with a bar/banana.. something like that round 8 to 8:30 pm.. That still puts me eating about 2 hours before the race. It seems to work well for me doing that. ToT is slightly tricky race to plan food wise... just because it is so late. and unlike the morning races where you may have a dinner around 6pm and then be up to race 11hours later... you are sleeping some of that. I may take it easy in the evening hours before the ToT race, but I have yet to be able to fall asleep. I will anticipate being done by midnight or so, but depending on the corral and how many characters a person stops for... it could be almost as late as 2am before some stroll back into DHS. For that person, I kinda feel like eating a meal late afternoon/early evening and then nothing till the end of a race at 2am isn't the greatest idea. Course... everyone has different caloric needs. Me... I have blood sugar issues so I can't go that long without eating.

GREAT JOB on the training & the 5K! I love your skirt too! So cute!!

What a great accomplishment!

Good ADR choices too. I made mine on Sunday but only ended up going with two. Ohana's the night before the race (so Oct 3rd) and then Tepan Edo at 2:30 on Race Day.

Was debating throwing another one in but not sure what yet...

Beaches and Cream is one of my favorite.... so maybe that.....

Thanks! I wasn't too fancy with these ADRs but between 2 May Trips, 1 July, and 3 Fall Trips, I can sacrifice signature dining for 1 trip especially since it isn't the focus of the trip. We haven't eaten at Teppan Edo since 2008 but we don't eat Japanese around Naples unlike when we were in Georgia so it finally fits into our rotation again.

I'm still not sure if I like how Beaches & Cream is doing ADRs as I always felt it should be one of those stop in places but I guess if thats the choice I have - we'll live with it.

I haven't actually done LTT for dinner in a long long time as we tend to go there for lunch instead. I feel I need more than just a bar for a meal but at least if I end up going counter service, I'll get enough for me but not feel like I'm wasting food on my husband.

We haven't done O'hana for a couple of years - if they make their menu changes rumored on the restaurant board, I'll definitely want to go there soon.

Looks like some good ADRs! I think a counter service can be a great comprise since it will give you more freedom to eat what you feel like eating that specific night. For me, I know I need a larger linner to carry me through the race. But I also don't necessarily know if I will feel like I need more protein or carbs. This is why I like Boma for a prerace meal. I will have that and then end up with a bar/banana.. something like that round 8 to 8:30 pm.. That still puts me eating about 2 hours before the race. It seems to work well for me doing that. ToT is slightly tricky race to plan food wise... just because it is so late. and unlike the morning races where you may have a dinner around 6pm and then be up to race 11hours later... you are sleeping some of that. I may take it easy in the evening hours before the ToT race, but I have yet to be able to fall asleep. I will anticipate being done by midnight or so, but depending on the corral and how many characters a person stops for... it could be almost as late as 2am before some stroll back into DHS. For that person, I kinda feel like eating a meal late afternoon/early evening and then nothing till the end of a race at 2am isn't the greatest idea. Course... everyone has different caloric needs. Me... I have blood sugar issues so I can't go that long without eating.

It really is hard to plan it out. My husband thinks he knows what will work for him but honestly all of his runs have been first thing in the morning on pretty much an empty stomach so he hasn't played with night running as much as me. I know I will need more than just he thinks he does so I'll plan for that. I'll probably be one of those people strolling in closer to 1AM depending on the corral or such. I know I'll have some type of GU or Bean or Something during the race.

Ours is at 5:20. We're early eaters!

We're early eaters too!

It really is hard to plan it out. My husband thinks he knows what will work for him but honestly all of his runs have been first thing in the morning on pretty much an empty stomach so he hasn't played with night running as much as me. I know I will need more than just he thinks he does so I'll plan for that. I'll probably be one of those people strolling in closer to 1AM depending on the corral or such. I know I'll have some type of GU or Bean or Something during the race.

I think that is kinda my point... it is hard to plan. No one normally thinks they will be running after 10pm and certainly not till after midnight. I think our bodies behave a bit differently at that point in the day. Course, what do I know? :rolleyes:

I would say accommodate you first. I tried to make sure that my dh had what he needed in January and really it wasn't what I needed. So while maybe your dh doesn't need a big meal... maybe you do. So don't discount what you feel you will need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter