No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. - ToT 10 Miler & F&W - Updated 12/21

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Table of Contents

Pre-Trip: Trip Planning
Introductions
The Why & The When
Another Trip & Crazy Ideas
7 Month Window
Itinerary Planning - All Trips
Trip Changes
ADRs - Trip #1
ADRs - Trip #2
Waitlist Magic Again
Eat to the Beat
ToT Costume Talk for Dis_Yoda
ADRs - Trip #3
Food & Wine Festival Special Event Desires
Trip #1 - Itinerary Updates (FP+ Selections)
Food & Wine Festival Booth Menus
Food & Wine Festival Special Event Bookings
Trip #2 - Itinerary Updates (FP+ Selections)
Random Trip Updates
Trip #3 - Itinerary Updates (FP+ Selections)
Tower of Terror 10 Miler Bib Numbers
Running Amusements
Trip #1 - Almost Here

Pre-Trip: Training Updates
The Training Plan
March Week 2 Part A Run Update
March Week 2 Part B Run Update
March Week 3 Run Update
March Week 4 Run Update
April Week 1 Run Update/Make-A-Wish 5k Recap
April Week 2 Run Update/April Stridebox
April Week 3 Run Update
April Week 4 Run Update
April Week 5 Run Update
May Week 1 Run Update/May Stridebox
May Week 2 Run Update
May Week 3 Run Update
May Week 4 Run Update/Judicata 5k
June Week 1 Run Update
June Week 2 Run Update/June Stridebox
June Week 3 Run Update
June Week 4 Run Update
July Week 1 Run Update
July Week 2 Run Update
July Week 3 Run Update/July Stridebox
July Week 4 Run Update
July Week 5 Run Update
August Week 1 Run Update
August Week 2 Run Update/August Stridebox
August Week 3 Run Update
August Week 4 Run Update
September Week 1 Run Update
September Week 2 Run Update
September Week 3 Run Update
September Week 4 Run Update

Trip #1 - F&W Weekend Trip

Sept 18th
Decompression

Sept 19th
Pre-Festival Wanderings
Booths Vs Dis_Yoda & DH - Round 1
Avoiding The Rain

Sept 20th
Breakfast In Paris
Booths vs Dis_Yoda & DH - Round 2
Sobering Up & Dinner
These Shoes Weren't Made For Walking

Sept 21st
Early Morning Driving

Comparison Against Original Plan

Trip #2 - F&W & ToT 10 Miler Trip

Sept 30th
Not A Good Start

Oct 1st
Misty Morning
Booths vs Dis_Yoda & DH - Round 3
Recovery
Booths vs Dis_Yoda & DH - Round 4
How Dinner Should Be

Oct 2nd
Not Keeping To The Plans
Why Laundry, No People Suck
Gems of Italy

Oct 3rd
Last Minute Changes
Not At All Scary

Oct 4th
Before The Race
Running

Oct 5th
Going Home

Trip #2 - Itinerary Comparison

Trip #3 - Mother & Daughter F&W Trip

Oct 30th
Getting There
Festival of Fantasy
Pre-Gaming
Adventures in Signature Dining - The Wave

Oct 31st
A Lesson In Hangover Cures
F&W Booths Vs Dis_Yoda & Mother - The Only Round
Rides & Culinary Demo
The Shortest Park Trip Ever
Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic

Nov 1st
Go, Go, Go!
Back To EPCOT
An Old Favorite

Nov 2nd
Sweet & Sour

Trip #3 - Itinerary Comparison

Final Thoughts

Introductions

KicLN9Q.jpg

Dis_Yoda: Since 2011, I have lost 60 lbs. I still have 50 more to go. While the scale hasn't changed for me much since last October's race - my body fat has reduced about 8% so at least I'm gaining muscle!

Kpq1MUN.jpg

Mr. Dis_Yoda: My husband has also lost a lot of weight over the past few years. He's now at 10% body fat. So he's more at the maintaining part of his weight lost.

The Why & When

Trip #1

Our first trip is currently set for September 30th to October 5th, 2014 staying at Animal Kingdom Villas. I'm planning on trying to change the reservations to another hotel once our 7 month window opens in a week.

This originally was just going to be a Food & Wine Weekend Trip. I've been having trouble motivated myself to go to the gym. I was too late to sign us up for the Everest Run in May which didn't help. While losing weight is something, I need an actual goal. I suggested to my husband to have us sign up for the 10 Miler. At first he thought I was crazy. But we talked it over and decided to have it as a goal for the two of us. It gives me a reason to keep going as I just spent $290 signing us up for an event.

Trip #2

The next trip is set for October 30th to November 2nd I will be staying at the Villas @ Grand Floridian. My mother will be joining me on this trip. She and I tend to have a weekend trip to Disney every 18 months or so as she lives in St. Augustine & her husband isn't the biggest fan of Disney when crowds are around.

Potential Trips

We are currently debating on adding the following trips:
Sept 18th to 21st - This is the one that is most likely going to happen but we haven't booked anything yet. This weekend is both the opening weekend of Halloween Horror Nights & the Food & Wine Festival. We are waiting to see what houses are at HHN to see if we are going to go or not. We may also do MNSSHP this weekend as well.

October 16th to 19th - This weekend is one we may be going with another couple from the Naples area for Food & Wine. We haven't set it in stone yet.

November 7th to 9th - This is the least likely one. At work, my husband mentioned us signing up for the Tower of Terror Trip. One of the supervisors in his store said he was interested in signing up for that as well but he was also going to do the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. My husband is debating if he wants us to do that as well. It kinda scares me to sign up for 2 big races without having finished one yet though. We'll have to decide before the race opens for registration though.

Saw you just posted over on the ToT board. I am in! Love to follow along for the next 7 months!!

I am trying the same as you to switch at the 7 month mark. I had someone I know look at the resort I am wanting since she owns there... and nothing is available. :confused3 I think I am going to end up having to stay at my home resort.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Training Plan

After October's 5k, I really didn't run much at the gym for the rest of 2013. When I initially thought we were going to be doing May's race, I decided to move to C25K to get me back into the run/walking. Today I finished Week 7 Day 2. I'm going to move to the C210K training once I am finished after next week. By the time I'm finished with that, I'll either use the training methods listed on rundisney or try a half-marathon trainer.

I'm currently at a 13:38 pace. My husband is at a 9:00ish pace. I'm also using myfitnesspal again to watch what I eat along with keeping track of my fitness levels.

My husband & I are signed up for a 5k chipped race on April 5th for Make A Wish for Southwest Florida. We are on a team with a group from work. We also are going to run the Castaway Cay 5k during our cruise over Labor Day week.

I'm debating if I want us to sign up for a chipped 10k race before July but at this time I can't find any nearby through active.com. Anyone know where else to find a race?

Saw you just posted over on the ToT board. I am in! Love to follow along for the next 7 months!!

I am trying the same as you to switch at the 7 month mark. I had someone I know look at the resort I am wanting since she owns there... and nothing is available. :confused3 I think I am going to end up having to stay at my home resort.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Thanks for joining in!

Yeah - I have a feeling I may not be able to switch either at 7 Months but at least I have the cheapest room at AKV booked so if I can't switch I have extra points. We live only 3 hours away so we will have our car with us so it won't be too inconvenient to get to the race locations for us.

Training Plan

After October's 5k, I really didn't run much at the gym for the rest of 2013. When I initially thought we were going to be doing May's race, I decided to move to C25K to get me back into the run/walking. Today I finished Week 7 Day 2. I'm going to move to the C210K training once I am finished after next week. By the time I'm finished with that, I'll either use the training methods listed on rundisney or try a half-marathon trainer.​

I used a C25k then moved to a c210k too :thumbsup2 It worked nicely for me. I know that for some it hasn't, but for me it worked well. Congrats on finishing day 2 of week 7!!!

I'm currently at a 13:38 pace. My husband is at a 9:00ish pace. I'm also using myfitnesspal again to watch what I eat along with keeping track of my fitness levels.

You are doing awesome!!! I think that is why I liked the c2 program because it forced me to move along and progress.

My husband & I are signed up for a 5k chipped race on April 5th for Make A Wish for Southwest Florida. We are on a team with a group from work. We also are going to run the Castaway Cay 5k during our cruise over Labor Day week.

How cool to be able to do the castaway Cay 5k! I have never been on a cruise... but doing a 5k like that would be awesome!!!

I'm debating if I want us to sign up for a chipped 10k race before July but at this time I can't find any nearby through active.com. Anyone know where else to find a race?

Try looking here. I have found way more races this way than through Active. I am not sure if I just am not navigating active's site well or what... but I like how runningintheusa takes you by state and then by month. That is how I made my "master" list of races to do this year.

Thanks for joining in!

Yeah - I have a feeling I may not be able to switch either at 7 Months but at least I have the cheapest room at AKV booked so if I can't switch I have extra points. We live only 3 hours away so we will have our car with us so it won't be too inconvenient to get to the race locations for us.

So are you hoping to stay at a host resort? I was hoping to stay at BWV (yeah, good luck right? :rotfl:) I didn't mind that because we will be able to walk back from DHS after the race/party. The walk over to BC was not going to be a problem in order to take the RD bus to the expo and race. I bet walking would be fine to the race but I am just not sure how that would works exactly. Our home resort though is a host so it will work out ok. I just really wanted to stay close to Epcot for Food and wine.

Your home is AKL? Are you booked in a value studio then? We are at OKW... one studio near hospitality and one not.​

Hello! I want to say congrats on the weight loss as well! I'm on a similar path. Hoping to lose about 50 lb by October. I'm starting c25k either this week or next. I 'm doing weight watchers with it to keep me accountable. We will be at CSR from 9/28-10/6. I'm excited to hear about other people's journeys!

I used a C25k then moved to a c210k too :thumbsup2 It worked nicely for me. I know that for some it hasn't, but for me it worked well. Congrats on finishing day 2 of week 7!!!

You are doing awesome!!! I think that is why I liked the c2 program because it forced me to move along and progress.

I like how it gives me a pretty set plan. That helps for me as I know what you mean about forcing you to progress.. During the 'run' portion I end up switching between a run and jog for what I can handle but I figure if I'm not at my walking speed its good.

How cool to be able to do the castaway Cay 5k! I have never been on a cruise... but doing a 5k like that would be awesome!!!

We love cruising. It helps us completely disconnect from the world. We've done 3 together (1 Celebrity, 2 Disney) but as our jobs get more demanding, we are going to keep it up at least once a year to force that disconnection. The 5k will probably also be good to start the shedding of all the good food on the cruise as we will be planning on the Remy Dinner, Remy Brunch and Palo Dinner.

Try looking here. I have found way more races this way than through Active. I am not sure if I just am not navigating active's site well or what... but I like how runningintheusa takes you by state and then by month. That is how I made my "master" list of races to do this year.
Thanks for that info! I'll have to look to see what will work for us then. Active's website is hard to try to figure out whats in the area.

So are you hoping to stay at a host resort? I was hoping to stay at BWV (yeah, good luck right? :rotfl:) I didn't mind that because we will be able to walk back from DHS after the race/party. The walk over to BC was not going to be a problem in order to take the RD bus to the expo and race. I bet walking would be fine to the race but I am just not sure how that would works exactly. Our home resort though is a host so it will work out ok. I just really wanted to stay close to Epcot for Food and wine.

Your home is AKL? Are you booked in a value studio then? We are at OKW... one studio near hospitality and one not.
I am hoping to stay at BWV or BCV but I know its going to be a long shot. At least I can get a wait list in and see what happens. Maybe luck will be on our side!

We own at AKL and VGF. I'm booked in a value studio as if I can't get what I want, might as well save points for other things as we won't spend a ton of time in the room this trip. I realize AKL isn't a host resort so we would have to drive to wherever they let us.

Hello! I want to say congrats on the weight loss as well! I'm on a similar path. Hoping to lose about 50 lb by October. I'm starting c25k either this week or next. I 'm doing weight watchers with it to keep me accountable. We will be at CSR from 9/28-10/6. I'm excited to hear about other people's journeys!

Thanks! The C25K totally works on getting you to move your progress along. I'm debating if I want to start the C210K off from scratch in the next week or so when I get finished with C25K to see if I can improve my times as my legs are getting stronger.

I did weight watchers for a bit in 2011. It worked well but I didn't feel like spending money on it monthly after the first 3 months.

Have you started a trip report yet? I see its your first trip in your signature! Congrats! I am spoiled by the amount of times I've been to Disney but I grew up in Florida within driving distance.

Hi!!!

Joining over from the ToT board! Congrats on your healthy lifestyle changes! That's awesome!

I also started running with the Couch to 5K program. It worked great for me. I then moved to a run/walk method to do longer distances & found that actaully lowered my pace per mile.... (I was running close to like 13-14 minute miles when I ran straight through...and by doing run/walk I have managed to do between 11:30-12:30 minute miles).

I'm super excited to run the ToT. I did Wine & Dine 1/2 last November and it was hard but he course was SO, SO fun!!!

Looking forward to our 'journey' :)

I like how it gives me a pretty set plan. That helps for me as I know what you mean about forcing you to progress.. During the 'run' portion I end up switching between a run and jog for what I can handle but I figure if I'm not at my walking speed its good.

run..jog... you are moving faster than a walk, so I figure it is the same! :thumbsup2

We love cruising. It helps us completely disconnect from the world. We've done 3 together (1 Celebrity, 2 Disney) but as our jobs get more demanding, we are going to keep it up at least once a year to force that disconnection. The 5k will probably also be good to start the shedding of all the good food on the cruise as we will be planning on the Remy Dinner, Remy Brunch and Palo Dinner.

I think you are right... the 5k is a good way to shed some of the food. I run just so I can eat... and eating is disney is ultimately the best reason to run.
Thanks for that info! I'll have to look to see what will work for us then. Active's website is hard to try to figure out whats in the area.

You are welcome. I hope it works for you.

I am hoping to stay at BWV or BCV but I know its going to be a long shot. At least I can get a wait list in and see what happens. Maybe luck will be on our side!

I will be crossing fingers for both of us!!!

We own at AKL and VGF. I'm booked in a value studio as if I can't get what I want, might as well save points for other things as we won't spend a ton of time in the room this trip. I realize AKL isn't a host resort so we would have to drive to wherever they let us.

I bet someone will be very happy if they get your value studio reservation. I think that you give me hope. I mean... you have a coveted reservation and yet are looking to move. Just as someone will get lucky and get yours... I hope we are lucky and get what we are hoping for.

Hi!!!

Joining over from the ToT board! Congrats on your healthy lifestyle changes! That's awesome!

I also started running with the Couch to 5K program. It worked great for me. I then moved to a run/walk method to do longer distances & found that actaully lowered my pace per mile.... (I was running close to like 13-14 minute miles when I ran straight through...and by doing run/walk I have managed to do between 11:30-12:30 minute miles).

I'm super excited to run the ToT. I did Wine & Dine 1/2 last November and it was hard but he course was SO, SO fun!!!

Looking forward to our 'journey' :)

Thanks for joining in!

At this current moment, my plan will be to try to run the 5k then move to a run/walk. Once I move to training runs over an hour, I'm going to have to move off the treadmill to the road I'm going to play around and see what works.

run..jog... you are moving faster than a walk, so I figure it is the same! :thumbsup2

I think you are right... the 5k is a good way to shed some of the food. I run just so I can eat... and eating is disney is ultimately the best reason to run.

I love food and my alcohol too. Running is letting me keep up with that too. We'll probably try to do whatever Food & Wine Signature Dinner is going on on that Thursday while we are down for this trip.

I will be crossing fingers for both of us!!!

I bet someone will be very happy if they get your value studio reservation. I think that you give me hope. I mean... you have a coveted reservation and yet are looking to move. Just as someone will get lucky and get yours... I hope we are lucky and get what we are hoping for.

Thats what I'm hoping for. Guess we'll know in a few days if it works :)

Joining in...lots of fun trips coming up! Congrats on the weight loss...you look fab!

I love food and my alcohol too. Running is letting me keep up with that too. We'll probably try to do whatever Food & Wine Signature Dinner is going on on that Thursday while we are down for this trip.

Oh! I didn't even consider that. DD has been trying to decide what she wants to do for her birthday dinner (that thursday) I didn't even think about one of the signature dinners. :thumbsup2

Thats what I'm hoping for. Guess we'll know in a few days if it works :)

Just a few more days! The suspense is killing me!!!

Joining in...lots of fun trips coming up! Congrats on the weight loss...you look fab!

Thanks for joining in! I'm lucky to be so close that we get to go so often. I'm happy I've gotten so far on my weight loss but I still have a lot more to go. My husband agreed that once I meet the ultimate goal - I get a pair of Louboutins. He may have forgotten he agreed to that though as it was like 6 months ago.

Oh! I didn't even consider that. DD has been trying to decide what she wants to do for her birthday dinner (that thursday) I didn't even think about one of the signature dinners. :thumbsup2

Just a few more days! The suspense is killing me!!!

I've done a few Signature Dinners and Wine Dinners at Disney. Outside of one at Jiko that was outside, I've enjoyed them. It took a bit to get my husband to agree to another one after the Jiko debacle but his favorite was the Flying Fish one last year which was amazing. I have the reviews up in my signature. It would be a great birthday dinner!

Following along! :)

Good to see you here :)

Well, I pulled the plug today on another F&W Trip. We're officially booked Sept 18th to 20th at the Beach Club Villas in a Studio. We are on the wait list for 1 night for Sept 20th to 21st but I'm hoping with it being so far out, we may get it as its only 1 night and so far out. I guess we'll see what happens. This trip will be more focused on the F&W Festival and tasting around the world.

Run Disney posted about the Marvel Half Marathon. My husband is upset that is Nov 14th to 16th as working in retail management, there is absolutely no way he could go to that as that is high season for him. I really wish I could go but thats a lot to do to travel across the country for a 2 night trip just to run in Disneyland then come back for work on Monday, especially by myself. I guess a girl can dream right?

I've done a few Signature Dinners and Wine Dinners at Disney. Outside of one at Jiko that was outside, I've enjoyed them. It took a bit to get my husband to agree to another one after the Jiko debacle but his favorite was the Flying Fish one last year which was amazing. I have the reviews up in my signature. It would be a great birthday dinner!

I will have to take a look at your reviews. I know she has wanted to try the Flying Fish, so maybe that would work.

I pulled the plug today on another F&W Trip. We're officially booked Sept 18th to 20th at the Beach Club Villas in a Studio. We are on the wait list for 1 night for Sept 20th to 21st but I'm hoping with it being so far out, we may get it as its only 1 night and so far out. I guess we'll see what happens. This trip will be more focused on the F&W Festival and tasting around the world.

How exciting! I hope your waitlist comes through. I have yet to waitlist anything... but I am told that 1 night gives you far better chance of having it come through.

Run Disney posted about the Marvel Half Marathon. My husband is upset that is Nov 14th to 16th as working in retail management, there is absolutely no way he could go to that as that is high season for him. I really wish I could go but thats a lot to do to travel across the country for a 2 night trip just to run in Disneyland then come back for work on Monday, especially by myself. I guess a girl can dream right?

I can understand. I have a trip planned for next year that would work way better if it were just a couple nights. Since it is all the way across the country it has to be longer. So I hope to make it a 5 night trip.. but it still seems like quite the distance to travel so who knows if I will actually be able to make it work. So...yeah, a girl HAS to be able to dream a bit. ;)

As for Avengers...and that weekend. OMG! Why that weekend???? Now I have to choose which race I want to run that weekend. :confused3 I think I have decided. I just really wish that I did not have to choose. :sad2:

With yesterday's announcement I think my plans for that weekend are changing. We just have to get the dh on board to do DL instead of vegas. Thank goodness I have a few weeks to work on him!:rotfl2:

It is a long trip for a weekend...but its Disney right?

Can't wait to hear about your stay at BC...that is where I am looking at for PHM2015! Top of our list, now if the budget will allow.

You will have those Louboutins before you know it! Keep up the great work!

Well, I pulled the plug today on another F&W Trip. We're officially booked Sept 18th to 20th at the Beach Club Villas in a Studio. We are on the wait list for 1 night for Sept 20th to 21st but I'm hoping with it being so far out, we may get it as its only 1 night and so far out. I guess we'll see what happens. This trip will be more focused on the F&W Festival and tasting around the world.

Stayed at the Beach Club Villas for the Wine & Dine last year. Can you believe that the ONLY time I finally get to BCV and I never found time to make it to Stormalong Bay?!?!? I'm so mad at myself!! :)

I wonder how much this Marvel half will draw people from the Las Vegas one? I bet Marvel sells out in lighting speed............ or should I say, super hero speed?!?! Bawhahahwhahaha!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter