No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. - ToT 10 Miler & F&W - Updated 12/21

Run Update

I haven't really felt like going to the gym but Sunday I ate a nice large plate of nachos around 4:00PM. Around 7:00PM, I got super antsy from being home most of the weekend but the gym was already closed for the day but I figured I could at least run up and down my street and see where my pace is actually at not on a treadmill.

Sunday's Run: W2D1 of C210K
H8UbTTg.png

Definitely slower on the road than I am on the treadmill but a better indication of where I'm actually at. When a treadmill isn't forcing me to keep at 4MPH, I know I'm not maintaining it it seems.

I skipped the gym on Monday as I was just tired from not sleeping well Sunday evening.

Today I had intentions of going to the gym but again, I really didn't feel like it so I went out again on the road. I did the run about an hour after I had dinner to see how my stomach felt (all our fueling talks makes me want to play with things)

Today's Run: W2D2 of C210K
7OGC2yT.png

I'm not sure how accurate mapmyrun is though. Anyone have input on that?

~~
All the Sparkle Skirt/Costume Talks on the other Pre-Trip Reports makes me want one too. I have a hard time spending $100 on a skirt + cape though when I'm still in the losing weight cycle. I'm down 2 lbs in the past week despite my horrible eating but still have lots more go! I do have a sewing machine though so I might go to Jo-Ann's this week and try to make my own sparkly skirt before my April 5th run. Thank goodness for DIY guides online!

I will say the Sparkle Skirt brand skirts are my favorite because they do not ride up. I have really bad chub rub and can't find shirts that don't end up scrunched up between my thighs. They are expensive but worth the investment. You can also order one with a drawstring if you're worried about shrinking :)

I like that plan if I was doing both races! Think of the amount of calories you would really be burning while running so I wouldn't worry about how much I ate as it would mostly burn off anyway.

That is the thing... I wouldn't be burning that many calories... just about 100 per mile and well.. 3 large buffet meals would more than suck that up. Beyond the calories though... it would be more about how much food is stuck in my digestive track. Just the sheer volume could prove tricky.

Way to go on getting your runs in! Week 3 is just around the corner!

I will say the Sparkle Skirt brand skirts are my favorite because they do not ride up. I have really bad chub rub and can't find shirts that don't end up scrunched up between my thighs. They are expensive but worth the investment. You can also order one with a drawstring if you're worried about shrinking :)

I didn't know about the ones with drawstrings! I usually run in compression capris that I got from Old Navy because of my thighs which work really well for me. I need to buy some more as I have 2 pairs (XXL & XL) and the XXL are starting to just fall off of me and the XLs getting loose.

If I make a skirt, it would be for wearing over my compressions.

That is the thing... I wouldn't be burning that many calories... just about 100 per mile and well.. 3 large buffet meals would more than suck that up. Beyond the calories though... it would be more about how much food is stuck in my digestive track. Just the sheer volume could prove tricky.

Way to go on getting your runs in! Week 3 is just around the corner!

I have a fair amount of weight on you so I end up burning about 200 calories or so a mile. I know as I get healthier and leaner that will go down though.

Even when I eat buffets, I really don't stuff myself that much. I end up wasting at least half the food on my plate. When we went to Boma last month, I realized how much of a waste they are on me along with not really being an enjoyable experience as it isn't relaxing.

:yay::yay:Yay for getting on the treadmill and running! One foot in front of the other is how I look at it...as long as I am moving and working towards my goal then the workout was a success! Great job!!!:yay::yay::yay:

I second that on the sparkleskirts! Also, if you need to downside there is a great FB group that you can sell your skirt on and get a really good resale price for in a fast amount of time. No skirt is ever unsold after a day..it is crazy how fast they sell and for the price they sell for!

Will you post the name of the Facebook group that sells the skirts? I'm just starting to run so I have no idea what I will run in yet, but I would like to check it out. Thanks! :goodvibes

Will you post the name of the Facebook group that sells the skirts? I'm just starting to run so I have no idea what I will run in yet, but I would like to check it out. Thanks! :goodvibes

SparkleSkirts Princesses

:yay::yay:Yay for getting on the treadmill and running! One foot in front of the other is how I look at it...as long as I am moving and working towards my goal then the workout was a success! Great job!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Well it was getting off the treadmill this week ;)

Tomorrow I'll probably do W3D1 on the treadmill at the gym as my husband gets off of work at 5PM so he'll want to head to the gym for the day around then & we have sprints at 8:30AM on Saturday.

I second that on the sparkleskirts! Also, if you need to downside there is a great FB group that you can sell your skirt on and get a really good resale price for in a fast amount of time. No skirt is ever unsold after a day..it is crazy how fast they sell and for the price they sell for!

SparkleSkirts Princesses

Guess I need to go join that on Facebook to keep an eye out. Although I don't have much time to try to stalk for deals at least maybe I can luck out one day.

I have a fair amount of weight on you so I end up burning about 200 calories or so a mile. I know as I get healthier and leaner that will go down though.

You are so sweet... but I don't think I have that much less weight on me than you. :goodvibes

Even when I eat buffets, I really don't stuff myself that much. I end up wasting at least half the food on my plate. When we went to Boma last month, I realized how much of a waste they are on me along with not really being an enjoyable experience as it isn't relaxing.

Buffets and me are hit or miss. I try to not over eat... most of the time I think I succeed, but it definitely depends on what the offerings are.

Running Update

Wednesday:

H4fQL77.png

W2D3 of C210K. This run was rough. I had to walk around some areas because of stray dogs that kept coming up to me when running so it slowed me down some.

Thursday:

X9Vhim7.jpg

Cross Training on the Bike. Then I did some upper body work.

Friday:

tTaUxns.png

W3D1 of C210k. Overall a better run than Wednesday/Tuesday. I also noticed on mapmyrun I can look at my cycles of speed so thats helpful as well.

Saturday:

Sprints with my coworker & husband. We were at the middle school track this time rather than some green space so I know we got some good mileage. Still the slowest of the group but hey, we all start somewhere right!

Today is going to a rest day. I am finally losing weight again & I've dropped 3 lbs in the past week!

W2D3 of C210K. This run was rough. I had to walk around some areas because of stray dogs that kept coming up to me when running so it slowed me down some.

That is the down side of running outside. No nipping at your heels though, right?

Thursday:

Cross Training on the Bike. Then I did some upper body work.

That is awesome you cross train. I just don't have it in me. I know I should do it... I just am lazy. :rolleyes:

Friday:

W3D1 of C210k. Overall a better run than Wednesday/Tuesday. I also noticed on mapmyrun I can look at my cycles of speed so thats helpful as well.

Week 3!! :cool1:

Saturday:

Sprints with my coworker & husband. We were at the middle school track this time rather than some green space so I know we got some good mileage. Still the slowest of the group but hey, we all start somewhere right!

We do!! And I firmly believe that whatever your goal you can get there. It just takes work and you sure are working hard!!!

Today is going to a rest day. I am finally losing weight again & I've dropped 3 lbs in the past week!

Congrats on the weight loss! You deserve a rest day! Enjoy!!!:goodvibes

That is the down side of running outside. No nipping at your heels though, right?

No nipping! At least my runs since then haven't had any stray dogs. Just trash cans to dodge as people had them in the roadway instead of their driveway but if thats all I need to dodge, I would say its a good jog!

That is awesome you cross train. I just don't have it in me. I know I should do it... I just am lazy. :roll eyes:

My cross training is mainly just the bike. I'm way too ADD for the elliptical. Every time I try to do it, I end up just wanting to stop after 5 minutes because I hate it. I would love to try Pure Barre but the classes are so expensive! I do try to keep strength training up 2 to 3 days a week as well.

We do!! And I firmly believe that whatever your goal you can get there. It just takes work and you sure are working hard!!!

Congrats on the weight loss! You deserve a rest day! Enjoy!!!:goodvibes

:banana::banana: Slowly but surely I'll get there. Compared to where I was in April 2011 - I'm way better off.

YAY for 3 pounds!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks! I'm super happy (especially since I haven't gained it back these past few days either but I'll get to that when I get my exercises update done for the week on Sunday)

No nipping! At least my runs since then haven't had any stray dogs. Just trash cans to dodge as people had them in the roadway instead of their driveway but if thats all I need to dodge, I would say its a good jog!

Ug.. obstacles... but yes, way better than stray dogs. :thumbsup2

My cross training is mainly just the bike. I'm way too ADD for the elliptical. Every time I try to do it, I end up just wanting to stop after 5 minutes because I hate it. I would love to try Pure Barre but the classes are so expensive! I do try to keep strength training up 2 to 3 days a week as well.

Like I said... way more than I do!

:banana::banana: Slowly but surely I'll get there. Compared to where I was in April 2011 - I'm way better off.

Slowly but surely is a great motto! I do everything slowly but surely. :rotfl:

Stray dogs or even dogs that come running out of their yards are me are the worst...I freeze when I spot a dog in front of me and look for other ways to get around the dog. I have such a fear of them...that is the worst thing to me about running!

Ug.. obstacles... but yes, way better than stray dogs. :thumbsup2

Such is running on the roads! I'm not going to run beyond up and down my street until after season ends as I don't trust the amount of bad drivers on the road to do beyond that as I would be running on a main street in Naples.

Slowly but surely is a great motto! I do everything slowly but surely. :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

I think you run way faster than slowly but surely ;)

Stray dogs or even dogs that come running out of their yards are me are the worst...I freeze when I spot a dog in front of me and look for other ways to get around the dog. I have such a fear of them...that is the worst thing to me about running!

I don't freeze but I do walk slowly and calmly and try to look as unthreatening as possible. We don't have too many strays around here as the bears or panthers tend to get them.

Running Update

Monday, March 17th

fBap4Gg.png

I have a confession to make here. On Saturday, March 15th, I hosted game night at my house. I said game night, I had entirely too much to drink like a full bottle of Educated Guess Cabernet + a 25.4 oz bottle of Unibroue Terrible (>10% ABV) I haven’t had that much to drink in a long time & well it was a wonderful thing that I had Sunday as my rest day as if I had tried to run, it was going to hurt. I think I still paid for it on Monday though despite eating rather bland on Sunday & decent Monday. I was still dehydrated & I could tell. At least I did my W3D2!

Tuesday, March 18th

U1d4iAI.jpg

Cross training day. We also had a bake sale today at work for the Make A Wish Walk Team we have at work. I was one of the organizers and am super proud we raised over $925! I ate entirely too many sweets though and I was pouring sweat more than normal at the gym but at least I went. I did the bike, core and upper body.

Wednesday, March 19th

5Dl8SJo.png

W3D3! A much better run than Monday’s. At least it was closer pace wise to last Friday’s. Since last Friday though I had been getting horrible shin splints. My husband had bought some of the Rocktape for his thighs but hasn’t tried it yet. We decided to do an experiment on me.

LEWG0sY.jpg

After cleaning up from my run, he taped up the leg that was hurting more than the other (my less dominant leg as I am a lefty) I’m planning on keeping it on until after the run on Sunday as I know I can keep it on 5 days.

Thursday, March 20th

6eP8DOp.png

W4D1! I noticed I didn’t feel as fatigued at the end especially with tape on the leg that usually gives me trouble. At least my mileage went up!

Also got an upper body chair massage at work which helped with some of the areas feeling tight on me after my runs.

Friday, March 21st

w89MuMu.jpg

Cross training day. Bike, core, upper body. Spent a little more time on the bike today than my normal 20.

Saturday, March 22nd

n0GMgoO.png

Saturday mornings are our normal sprinting time with some of my coworkers. It ended up just being my husband, 1 coworker and myself but we still went for it. Ignore the overall pace as it was shorter distances and we were slowly walking/stopping at certain points after a sprint & we did things like high knees, backwards runs, buttkicks, side to sides, skips, squats, and jumps. I just tracked it to see how much distance we do during a session. One good thing I noticed is I ended up going really fast for me for a decent amount of time below a 10:00 min/mil.

Sunday, March 23rd

xQoRtG9.jpg

Today should have been a rest day. My husband convinced me to go to the gym instead so I did W4D2 of C210K. I know I go faster on the treadmill than the road but I’m sure thats because I have something forcing me to stay at a certain pace.

~
In other news, we finally went to the running store to get fitted for shoes - we have a Fit2Run at one of the malls in the area (which is also good as they have opened a store at Downtown Disney as well so the discounts from joining their club translate to that store!)

I slightly over pronate but not too bad. I ended up going with the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14 in Black/Purple.

stS7TxD.jpg

I’ll take them out for a run on Tuesday as tomorrow is going to be a rest day as I’m sore in many more places than normal.

My husband has a neutral foot but as he wears a 7.5 in men’s - he wasn’t able to find something that really worked for him that wasn’t super girly but he’s going to take that information and try to find something online.

Way to go, sticking with it even after an icky night! I am behind this week. Hoping next week I feel better and get back in the horse (so to speak)

You stuck it out and trained despite the other icky things! Good job! Remember one step in front of the other! :goodvibes

Great job on your Bake Sale...and such a good cause! :thumbsup2

I also have a pair of shin compression sleeves that I wear almost daily. I too am a lefty foot and that gets me into way too much leg issues. I find the tape helps me lots when running...more than the compression sleeves!

:love: your new Brooks! Is that a new color for this year? I am about to need a new pair...:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter