• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No towel animals for us

torinsmom said:
my son is old enough to have heard about the towel animals, so we were both hoping.

:confused3 where did he hear about towel animals? i can't imagine my kids sitting around discussing towel animals with their friends. heck, i doubt most boys over the age of 3 care about towel animals at all. :lmao:

Best to just make up your own mind about what you feel comfortable doing and not bother posting about it

Well that I couldn't agree with more.

I never understand why it's OK for some to give their opinion on these topics and be declared the Disney Police, the Halo wearers, Moral Cops, etc.

But those that choose the path; of do what they want; are never labeled. Does not quite seem fair. :confused3

To anyone that cares. A maid could care less if you take towels, soap, toliet paper, it does not affect her job. The manager does care. If you truly want to ask someone in authority if you can have the towel animals ask at the Front Desk. If they say it's ok, enjoy your towel.

You don't even want to know what towels are used to make them. ;)

Sammie said:

You don't even want to know what towels are used to make them. ;)

if you know you should spill your guts..that probably would forever end any desire for towel animals...hmm maybe really they leave them for the guests they can't stand :rotfl:

we were there last month and my dd 9 reads these boards with me and that is how we first heard about the towel animals......well she would run to the room every night after the parks and look for the towel animal..... i had to explain to her that some people take many many trips and never recieve a towel animal....this was our first trip .... so i told her i really dont think we will be getting one.... then she quit running for the room and the last day of our stay she got one......... oh she was so excited!!!! here it is......
P1020696.jpg
[/IMG]
vicki

Hi,
I'm usually just a lurker but thought I'd share my towel animal story as well...
We just got back from Port Orleans in early March and we were inundated with towel animals...Several each day...Everyday Rosa had new animals for us...One day she even left a Mickey Mouse and now that I think of it, I wish I took that one home...It looked so good I swear they could sell a towel Mickey and sell a million of them!!
I was so impressed, I made a special point of asking her how she did it...She preceeded to give me a lesson on how to...
If you're reading this Rosa, thank you for a great visit!!!

torinsmom said:
Were you in Building 1 or Building 2 of the 50's? I ask because building 1 was where we kept seeing all the towel animals. We were in Building 2.

Marsha

Not sure....It was the TRAMP bldg facing he lake. Hope this helps.

jann1033 said:
if you know you should spill your guts..that probably would forever end any desire for towel animals...hmm maybe really they leave them for the guests they can't stand :rotfl:

Well let's just say you won't see me taking any home in my suitcase. ;)

torinsmom said:
Were you in Building 1 or Building 2 of the 50's? I ask because building 1 was where we kept seeing all the towel animals. We were in Building 2.

Marsha

I just returned from disney and we stayed at the pop. we were in the 50's as well, in building 1 ,2nd floor, and we didn't get any towel animals. I did see them on the first floor... they all look so cool!!!! I'm jealous that i didn't get one.... But its not the end of the world! :) just have to wait till next time!!! ;)

I've only gotten towel animals once and that was once in a 10 day stay at the Poly Concierge a few years back. And we tipped every day. They did other cute things but I thought the little towle bunnies were adorable and I didn't know they did them so it was cute. But i've never gotten them elsewhere ever. Maybe next time. :confused3

When we stayed at WL DS6 brought his favorite stuffed animal along with him. It was myself, DW, DS6 and DS8. So... when we came back to the room for a break on our first day at MK there was a towel animal arranged with DS6's fluffy duck. We all thought it was pretty nice. While we were out that morning DS6 got a pirate hat at POTC. That night the kids each got a stuffed toy. DS6 got a sorcer Mickey and DS8 got Stitch.

So... then another day when we came back to the room for a break there was a towel person, for lack of a better description, wearing DS6's pirate hat, and hugging DS6's sorcer Mickey with one arm and his fluffy duck in another. DS8's stitch was just left to the side. DS8 was not too happy a camper. Aside from the usual sibling rivalry this put him over the edge. There was one other towel animal that we got somewhere in between there there that was also "playing" with DS6's stuff.

Anyhow, the next day DS8 got a set of Stitch hands. This time thinking quickly when we got back to the hotel for a break I went upstairs ahead of the family while they were checking out the gift shop. No towel animal that day so I quick used two towels to make up arms for the stitch hands to seem like they were reaching out from under the pillows. Yes, I know it is cheating but DS8 was feeling a bit left out. Anyhow that made DS8 happy and help keep the peace between them.

C.Darwin said:
:confused3 where did he hear about towel animals? i can't imagine my kids sitting around discussing towel animals with their friends. heck, i doubt most boys over the age of 3 care about towel animals at all. :lmao:

Maybe most don't but I do know one 6 year old that does. His fluffy duck from home wasn't lonely in the room while we were out at the parks. :goodvibes

These were 3 days in a row.

234740928203_0_ALB.jpg

802888928203_0_ALB.jpg

164566338203_0_ALB.jpg

DebIreland said:
I probably shouldn't even post to this thread again but I do want to add one thing. When we got our towel bunny it was purposely put in between my baby's other toys as a cute, fun play-thing. And it *was* cute and fun! It wasn't a towel anymore, it was a toy now. My 1 year old adored this bunny and hugged her straight away and checked out her cool 'dress', her funny face etc. Here it is
TowelAnimalsPOFQ.jpg

Surely, in the name of all that's holy people, don't tell me that Disney intended to take this bunny away from a 1 year old girl who had been hugging it and playing with it and going to great lenths to ensure that it felt part of the gang (i.e became pals with Barney, Pink Panther and Teddy :teeth: ).

To those saying we are dishonest, I'll tell ya I find it pretty hard to imagine that Disney purposely left a cute toy out amongst our DD's other toys and then expected us to yank it away from her before gong home. "No baby, give it me now, it was there to be hugged and loved for the duration of your stay only". Pffft.

By that logic, I guess those who've been fortunate enough to receive balloons and birthday cards in their rooms should hand those back too at the end of their stay.

Never thought ot like this but your right! You can't give a child one of these and then leave it behind. You walk through door to your room and the kiddies think they've won some sort of jackpot and then you tell them they can't take it home! Not!

I was convinced before that Disney intended for these little critters to be taken home. After reading this post I'm doubley convinced and there is just no argument against what you are saying. It makes perfect sense!

C.Darwin said:

He has had friends tell him about receiving towel animals on their trip or cruise, both boys and girls. He knew about them when we went to WDW when he was 6, but we stayed off-site. I think it was more about it being a special thing that COULD happen. I told him it probably wouldn't, but you know kids. He wasn't devastated or anything, just disappointed.....

Marsha

Pedler said:
Maybe most don't but I do know one 6 year old that does. His fluffy duck from home wasn't lonely in the room while we were out at the parks. :goodvibes

These were 3 days in a row.

234740928203_0_ALB.jpg

802888928203_0_ALB.jpg

164566338203_0_ALB.jpg

i love that towel person...adorable

Pedler said:
No towel animal that day so I quick used two towels to make up arms for the stitch hands to seem like they were reaching out from under the pillows.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: good idea and quick thinking but that would have given me a lifetime of nightmares and having to obsessively check under the bed before i went to sleep every night for the rest of my life thinking some arms were going to reach out from under my pillow to grab me :rotfl2:

The animals were intended to be taken home. They are made from old towels and washcloths that can no longer be used as towels and washcloths.

They do not take the animals apart and reuse them as towels and washcloths.

They do not give "used" animals to other people. That would be unsanitary, and could result in a health violation.

cstraub said:
I was convinced before that Disney intended for these little critters to be taken home. After reading this post I'm doubley convinced and there is just no argument against what you are saying. It makes perfect sense!

Thanks. :)

bicker said:
Those mousekeepers will say anything for a better tip!

Kinda harsh, doncha think? I read all over these boards that tips do not ensure a towel animal, yet this insinuates that a mousekeeper can be bribed.

I thought about this, because it seems to be a big debate, and I really do believe that if one is told that the little animal can be considered a gift, that is true. Disney empowers CM's at all levels to throw a bit of pixie dust around, free upgrades upon check in, lighted ice drinks from CM's who think the little Princess needs a treat, cupcakes at dinner for birthdays, fast passes from groundskeepers, and on and on and on... Why would anyone think that a CM who cleans rooms cannot give a gift when others at all levels are given the opportunity to provide a little magic?

Disney is one huge marketing machine, and while I believe that there are those who may stretch the generosity of this company, I think that all of the tokens given are given to ensure repeat business. Noone accuses the lucky individual who is upgraded to Savannah view of theft if the upgrade is not paid for, yet to give a kid the towel animal that a nice mousekeeper left in the room is stealing. Noone accuses the CM who gave the upgrade of trying to snag a hefty little "thank you" but the mousekeeper is trying to get bigger tips. I just do not understand.

DisneyGirl said:
The animals were intended to be taken home. They are made from old towels and washcloths that can no longer be used as towels and washcloths.

I tend to think you are completely correct here. I hadn't thought about the possibility that there was a special towel-animal-only stash of linens, but it makes perfect sense. I'm more convinced than ever that the animals are meant to be taken home if the guest so chooses.

(1) It would be upsetting to many kids to have to leave them behind. Disney is not in the business of doing things which make kids cry. If they were, they never would have gotten rid of the Villians character meal (which I sooooo wish they would bring back).

(2) The re-use of towels which previously contained glues and other adhesives could possibly be some sort of health code infraction. I'm not sure about this, but I wouldn't be surprised.

(3) Upon closer inspection of the towel animals I received last week, I can clearly see pulls in the washclothes. I seriously doubt Disney would have used shredded towels in the guest rooms.

Here's the pic I posted earlier...you can see the pulls

towelanimals.jpg

Just another "Ignore what someone got in writing from Disney and listen to the general public on the DIS" thread. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter