• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No towel animals for us

Our trip in march yielded no towel animals from the mousekeeper. Every day i left a tip and a request, but no animal. One day i left the mousekeeper one I had made :rotfl2: She obviously didn't see the humor in it!

plgrn said:
Our trip in march yielded no towel animals from the mousekeeper. Every day i left a tip and a request, but no animal. One day i left the mousekeeper one I had made :rotfl2: She obviously didn't see the humor in it!

That's not right! I am sure you tried really hard to make a nice little towel animal. :rotfl2: Even if it looked pathetic and didn't resemble any known animal, at least you tried. :rotfl: I think she should have taken it with her. I know if someone made me a cute little towel animal, I'd take it home with me. Its the least I can do to say, "hey I appreciate your art". ;) The same is true even if the art is crap. After all, my toddler makes crap all the time, but I say "great job" and bring it home anyway. :goodvibes

This thread has inspired me to leave a note along with my bribe... I mean tip ...in the hopes of getting towel animal art. I will ask the artist if we can take her art home because I don't want to teach my child to steal. If we receive towel art :woohoo: In the event my bribe...I mean tip...doesn't produce a towel animal I shall not be discouraged but will try again. If that doesn't work, well I just won't double my normal tip. I won't be too disappointed, there's always next time. I'll keep the hope alive. Perhaps eventually Disney will figure out that their guests have been supplementing the incomes of the starving artists in the hopes of securing these art pieces. Disney will patent the towel art and tell all artists in their employ to cease and desist from producing the art. The towel art will then be sold in all Disney stores and at Disney online. Shipping and handling charges will apply for all online orders.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

If I knew how to post a pix, I could show you my handiwork. It was a cute little snake made with only one towel. The sunglasses really made him look classy :rotfl:

formernyer said:
Don't let it get to you. Many of the veteran posters on this board wear halos. They have taken on self-appointed roles as WDW police and feel it necessary to flame anyone

you know it's funny because i hadn't been posting on the boards for a little while and when i came back i was shocked by how many new posters have no sense of humor and really have pretty much turned lots of threads into fights...that wasn't the way it was a yr or more ago so sorry it's not the veteran posters causing the problems. i figure it's not up to me to teach people at this late date how to be honest so i rarely give my views on that type of thing, they can do what they want , i do what i want but this above, especially from this poster who admits to enjoying starting arguments was just too much to ignore. take a little glance at rule number 3 in the Faq section

Biscuitsmom31 said:
I'm just reading this for entertainment and wondering when the disney police are going to close this thread. They always close the good ones.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao:

LOL! Yup, it's entertaining. Desperate Housewives at Disney. :rotfl:

DisFlan

Tinkwantabe said:
I do not see why the nasty attitudes have to come out on these web sites.. Children dont always understand why some kids get something and others dont when they are being left by the mousekeeper. Parents dont want nor should they have to explain these things which is why if these are items that are given to some should be given to all... Better yet - just sell them in the gift shops so that parents can buy them and all this would be for not.

Stop the ugliness when ppl are expressing there feelings as we do not need to belittle ppl to have an opinion. We really should just support and enjoy

Have a great evening everyone...

You have got to be kidding. Give them to all? It's this kind of attitude that will probably result in mousekeepers being prohibited from doing this kind of thing. People will start complaining about it or start requesting to be in a towel-animal room. "If I can't have it, noone can".

Getting upset about towels animals is silly.

I don't get the thrill of towel animals or why people would want to take them home? To me they are kind of gross considering someone in the past probably used that little washcloth to clean themselves before it was turned into a towel animal. Not a reminder I'd like to have displayed in my home. LOL.

epcotfan said:
I don't get the thrill of towel animals or why people would want to take them home? To me they are kind of gross considering someone in the past probably used that little washcloth to clean themselves before it was turned into a towel animal. Not a reminder I'd like to have displayed in my home. LOL.

Yeah, I don't want to think about where that towel bunny has been either. :rotfl2:

I probably shouldn't even post to this thread again but I do want to add one thing. When we got our towel bunny it was purposely put in between my baby's other toys as a cute, fun play-thing. And it *was* cute and fun! It wasn't a towel anymore, it was a toy now. My 1 year old adored this bunny and hugged her straight away and checked out her cool 'dress', her funny face etc. Here it is
TowelAnimalsPOFQ.jpg

Surely, in the name of all that's holy people, don't tell me that Disney intended to take this bunny away from a 1 year old girl who had been hugging it and playing with it and going to great lenths to ensure that it felt part of the gang (i.e became pals with Barney, Pink Panther and Teddy :teeth: ).

To those saying we are dishonest, I'll tell ya I find it pretty hard to imagine that Disney purposely left a cute toy out amongst our DD's other toys and then expected us to yank it away from her before gong home. "No baby, give it me now, it was there to be hugged and loved for the duration of your stay only". Pffft.

By that logic, I guess those who've been fortunate enough to receive balloons and birthday cards in their rooms should hand those back too at the end of their stay.

bicker said:
Now you know better, neighbor! :)

Those mousekeepers will say anything for a better tip!

The GM of the WL said we could take our towel animals home! DD wanted the set of baby ducks the mousekeeper made. When we were at the front desk I asked about buying them. The manager came out and said of course not. They are for you to keep. So we kept them! LOL!

epcotfan said:

I'm guessing that you are an adult with no children.

As an adult, I would probably just take a picture of my towel animal and then leave it in the room for the next guest to enjoy. As the mother of two children, I can assure you that most (if not all) children would want to take them home. Children don't care who might have used the towel in the past. All they care about is the cute little toy that was left in the room for them.

DebIreland - I just love that bunny. That's a really nice one.

plgrn said:
If I knew how to post a pix, I could show you my handiwork. It was a cute little snake made with only one towel. The sunglasses really made him look classy :rotfl:

I would have loved it even if it looked like a log :teeth: I don't know how to post a pic either. If I did, I'd tell you how because it would be cute to see.

Stayed @ the POP twice, both times 7 nights. The 70's section....gotz no Towel animals. The 50's section..Towels animals GALORE! The Clown was my personal favorite.
YES, we took them home, along with the extra soap & shampoo!
Suprisingly so, the kid likes them better then the (i swear) billion dollars worth of souvinears!!!

My favorite has been my elephant! He was adorable. I wanted to keep him, but I didn't know how well he would hold. hahahha

Well he didnt have to go into my suitcase, he came with his own trunk!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

MouskeepingleftStitchwithanElephant.jpg

Last time we were at DW, we camped at FW, so it's been a while since we got towel animals.

Two things:

1. People are taking these home?!? :rolleyes2

2. I rather prefer the ones that we used to get, without the eyes and glue and stuff. It was just a cool way to present your bath towel. Who needs more junk to take home...

Wow, I never even thought of taking the towel animals home. I don't let my kids bring there special bedtime toy on vacation because I am afraid they would lose them (& then they'd never go to sleep, ever!) :scared: Anyway they always use the towel animals as their "lovey" to sleep with (along with the stuffed toys we end up buying at Disney). My kids love them. Unfortunately on our last trip to POR we didn't get any. The kids were fine but we did get them each 1 new stuffed toy at the $10 shop at DTD. I wish I had taken pictures of the ones we had at CBR..those were awesome.

so if mousekeeping gave you a stack of six washcloths and handtowels, folded and laundered, would you take them, too??
:rotfl2:
I love exaggerations!

We got towel animal most days on our AKL/CR trip, and I admit I took them home, without a second thought. I guess I assumed they were special gifts. What do mousekeepers do, take off all the stickers and rubberbands and sparkles that hold some of these towel creations together and put them back in the towel pile, or do they just pick up all the towel animals left behind and stick them in the room for the next guest. Yuk.

Anyway, after we got home with our towel animals, I thought "now what do I do with them". If I decided to undo them and add them to my own bath cloth collection, then I would feel like I stole something. If I kept them as towel animals, how long would I want these things being around?? Not long! It was fun for us to come back into the room and find them there, keep them for the duration of our stay, and leave them there as a bunch of less clutter to take home with me.

By the way, our towel animals ended up in a storage suitcase, along with a bunch of other stuff I have no use for.

As for what others do, I really have no opinion. ;)

We spent the past week at POFQ and did not get a single towel animal. We also kept our room very neat. (BTW, I can't say that I was overly impressed with housekeeping at POFQ.) Many other rooms had towel animals in their windows, but we received none. Last summer at WL and last spring at AKL, we had an assortment of towel animals every day. Oh, well.

What I find really amusing is that someone would actually be willing to "pay" for towel animals in the resort store.

HELLO...you can already do that. They are called plush toys. You can even get any character you want. ;)

DISUNC said:
Stayed @ the POP twice, both times 7 nights. The 70's section....gotz no Towel animals. The 50's section..Towels animals GALORE! The Clown was my personal favorite.
YES, we took them home, along with the extra soap & shampoo!
Suprisingly so, the kid likes them better then the (i swear) billion dollars worth of souvinears!!!

Were you in Building 1 or Building 2 of the 50's? I ask because building 1 was where we kept seeing all the towel animals. We were in Building 2.

Marsha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter