No new requests ***Cruise Magnet Graphics and Links Part 8!***

I just got 4 packs of Avery injet magnet paper from Amazon today! Now to decide which designs to fill them with!! :cool1: Millie did some for me already, but I may need more. We will see!

I used Avery printable magnet sheets from Amazon (looks like model# is 3270) on my package, and these did not stick well at all on my door on the Magic. :confused3 It was so disappointing to have made 9 sheets worth of magnets and find that they wouldn't stay on the door. :crazy2:

I'd specifically read reports on these boards that they did work on the Magic, but my door appeared to have been painted on the outside and was textured and had several paint layers and the magnets didn't stick well at all. They did stick OK on the inside of the door which was smoother. They also stick just fine to my frig.

This doesn't help labdogs42, but based on what I saw that worked well on doors, and also on reports I read that the Wonder had re-painted doors and these didn't stick there, I'll be printing on photo paper and cutting out & applying stronger magnet strips that peel and stick for my future cruises on the Wonder.

Oddly enough, after having the magnets on the inside of the door for a few days, I was eventually able to move some of them to the outside where they stayed for a while before started to peel back and slide off. Can't explain why that was - perhaps there's some scientific explanation! :scratchin I had them up on my frig for a few weeks, and then stored them flat stacked flat for about 2 weeks before the cruise before finding that they didn't stick on cabin 7620 door on the Magic in early March.

I used Avery printable magnet sheets from Amazon (looks like model# is 3270) on my package, and these did not stick well at all on my door on the Magic. :confused3 It was so disappointing to have made 9 sheets worth of magnets and find that they wouldn't stay on the door. :crazy2:

I'd specifically read reports on these boards that they did work on the Magic, but my door appeared to have been painted on the outside and was textured and had several paint layers and the magnets didn't stick well at all. They did stick OK on the inside of the door which was smoother. They also stick just fine to my frig.

This doesn't help labdogs42, but based on what I saw that worked well on doors, and also on reports I read that the Wonder had re-painted doors and these didn't stick there, I'll be printing on photo paper and cutting out & applying stronger magnet strips that peel and stick for my future cruises on the Wonder.

Oddly enough, after having the magnets on the inside of the door for a few days, I was eventually able to move some of them to the outside where they stayed for a while before started to peel back and slide off. Can't explain why that was - perhaps there's some scientific explanation! :scratchin I had them up on my frig for a few weeks, and then stored them flat stacked flat for about 2 weeks before the cruise before finding that they didn't stick on cabin 7620 door on the Magic in early March.

We are on the Dream. I wonder if the doors have a thinner coat of paint? Maybe I will bring a roll of extra magnets in case my magnet sheets don't work. Thanks for the head's up!

I had terrible luck with the Avery Magnets on the Wonder. Fortunately I had only bought one package and used them only for the ear magnets that went over the stateroom number. They stuck fine for about 2 days but then started falling off. I finally had to remove them as every time we would return to the room they would be on the ground. Oh well, live and learn. Next time I will take a magnet roll for repairs :)

Hi everyone, can someone please tell me the password for Millie's photo bucket page? My iPad app for DIS does not let me view signatures as part of the display! That's!

I used Avery printable magnet sheets from Amazon (looks like model# is 3270) on my package, and these did not stick well at all on my door on the Magic. :confused3 It was so disappointing to have made 9 sheets worth of magnets and find that they wouldn't stay on the door. :crazy2:.

Hmmmm....I went in 2011 and my magnets were fine and i also used Avery magnet sheets (matte and came in a pack of 3). Did you put something over it?? When I printed mine out, I put laminate sheet on top before I cut them out. I am going to use the same magnets (well most of them) and also printing new ones for my June Fantasy cruise and hope it stays on the door! But I'll also have magnetic strips handy just in case....does anyone know if we can bring a pair of scissor on board???

Hmmmm....I went in 2011 and my magnets were fine and i also used Avery magnet sheets (matte and came in a pack of 3). Did you put something over it?? When I printed mine out, I put laminate sheet on top before I cut them out. I am going to use the same magnets (well most of them) and also printing new ones for my June Fantasy cruise and hope it stays on the door! But I'll also have magnetic strips handy just in case....does anyone know if we can bring a pair of scissor on board???

I took scissors on the Wonder. It was a small pair of child type scissors and they did not take them away. I am trying to remember but I think they were in my carry on with my magnets.

Can we have a sign with:

Donovan and Whiteley family road trip from Disney's Vero Beach to Walt Disney World

any images or design good with us :woohoo:

Can we have a sign with:

Donovan and Whiteley family road trip from Disney's Vero Beach to Walt Disney World

any images or design good with us :woohoo:

You will probably get a faster response for this request if you post it over on the Creative Disigns board.

I had terrible luck with the Avery Magnets on the Wonder. Fortunately I had only bought one package and used them only for the ear magnets that went over the stateroom number. They stuck fine for about 2 days but then started falling off. I finally had to remove them as every time we would return to the room they would be on the ground. Oh well, live and learn. Next time I will take a magnet roll for repairs :)

On Feb on the wonder, we had some magnets back from our first cruise (Dream) plus a couple of new ones. Most of the original ones I got at a craft store (can't find the brand now), and then picked up Avery Matte at WalMart. It was last minute and didn't notice they were Matte. And then last minute before the last trip I thought I was out of paper and bought another set (which of course later found).

Anyway, on the Dream they worked great. But on the Wonder, I did notice they barely held. You touched them a bit and they easily moved. Basically too many coats of paint.

We'll have to see what happens when they do the dry dock on the Magic. But I doubt they'll remove the old paint, so looking forward not sure what we'll have to do for this.

We don't sail on our first cruise ever till May 19th and I've already made about 6 magnets. Here's my favorite so far. I scanned the port hole graphic from the front of the DCL brochure and then inset a photo of a stateroom, and inserted the Disney characters. My goal was for when its stuck to the cabin door it looks like a window in the door revealing the Disney characters inside the room. The actual magnet printed out is 8 by 8 inches.

magnet.jpg

When I finish the others, I'll post them here too. So excited!

We don't sail on our first cruise ever till May 19th and I've already made about 6 magnets. Here's my favorite so far. I scanned the port hole graphic from the front of the DCL brochure and then inset a photo of a stateroom, and inserted the Disney characters. My goal was for when its stuck to the cabin door it looks like a window in the door revealing the Disney characters inside the room. The actual magnet printed out is 8 by 8 inches.

When I finish the others, I'll post them here too. So excited!

Luv it!!

Hi milliepie! I am hoping you can please help me. I don't know how to create a new thread for a request or if this is the place to make a request. My son is turning 3 next month and wants a buzz lightyear birthday party. I would like to surprise him with the images below. They will be for a tshirt and thank you gifts and notecards. Pretty please make them in the large file size. I hope it's not too much trouble. Thank you in advance for anything you can do :)

http://m628.photobucket.com/albumvi...uests/Birthday/LoganTSbirthday.jpg.html?o=153

"Happy 3rd Birthday Max" Name fill buzz lightyear Would you please add a buzz lightyear image to the graphic? Just buzz by himself please. If its not possible, I will still be very happy with the original image. Thank you soooo much!!!!

http://m628.photobucket.com/albumvi.../Birthday/NoahToyStoryBirthday.jpg.html?o=189

On top would you pretty please write "THANK YOU!" It is possible to request a "3" on the top tier of the cake? On bottom of cake, please write "MAX". Thank you again! You're wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!