No more Splash Mountain during evening EMH

Not any more, which is part of the theory some people have come up with where Disney is systematically making EMH less desirable in order to justify eliminating it. Cut characters, then cut a third of the time, then cut e-ticket rides... If they make it less & less fun, so that less & less people attend, then they can say "well attendance is dropping so we'll just cancel it".

That's the theory I've seen bandied about, anyway.
Well that I do not like. If this keeps up, the low crowd parks I go to will start getting crowded as many guests will not follow the Disney direction of going to the emh parks each day/night, LOL.

Another voice of disappointment in all of the EMH changes I’m seeing. EMH are a big draw for us – take away the things I enjoy, and I’ll make the decision to spend my dollars somewhere else. Likely another vacation destination…. A one or two-day visit if at all is sounding more appropriate for me…. I love Disney - but I need to consider how my $$$s are spent - and where I'm spending them....

Very disappointed by this :( I absolutely think that night is the best time to ride all rides. Splash at night going down that hill is incredible. I so look forward to the EMH and they are really ruining them. One of the big perks of staying onsite. I just don't get it. There are beautiful and huge hotels off-site at Disney. If you take AWAY the perks, how do you plan on charging so much more and all of us stay on-site. The perks of Universal are what made me pay top dollar at their hotels too and they are actually much nicer than most deluxes at Disney. Keurig in the rooms, bellhops, extremely nice beds, etc... I have stayed at least 10 times on-site at Disney and I just don't understand why they are taking more and more away.

Splash is one of the only rides I LOVE during EMH. The castle when hitting the drop?? The best!

What is going on??!!! Where's the :wizard: going?

Very disappointed by this :( I absolutely think that night is the best time to ride all rides. Splash at night going down that hill is incredible. I so look forward to the EMH and they are really ruining them. One of the big perks of staying onsite. I just don't get it. There are beautiful and huge hotels off-site at Disney. If you take AWAY the perks, how do you plan on charging so much more and all of us stay on-site. The perks of Universal are what made me pay top dollar at their hotels too and they are actually much nicer than most deluxes at Disney. Keurig in the rooms, bellhops, extremely nice beds, etc... I have stayed at least 10 times on-site at Disney and I just don't understand why they are taking more and more away.

I agree with everything you said. Splash at night is special and so much different than riding during the day.

Just another thing disney has done over the past 5 to 10 years to make our family go less and less.Someone tackle management before they totally screw up the disney magic!:confused3

Just another thing disney has done over the past 5 to 10 years to make our family go less and less.Someone tackle management before they totally screw up the disney magic!:confused3

I think for many people, they've already passed that point.

EMH is the only reason I ever stay onsite. The offsite hotels are just so nice and tons cheaper. With the changes in EMH, onsite is no longer worth it.

EMH is the only reason I ever stay onsite. The offsite hotels are just so nice and tons cheaper. With the changes in EMH, onsite is no longer worth it.

While it is personal opinion if it still worth to stay onsite or not, I personally believe that NextGen can be something that will keep people onsite and I have a feeling that they may get rid of some perks like EMH completely. I think they try to create a completely new system to tour parks and something big is coming. It is not necessary a bad thing, they can come out with some effective ways but it is definitely a change not to be taken easily, esp. when we are used to certain things.

While it is personal opinion if it still worth to stay onsite or not, I personally believe that NextGen can be something that will keep people onsite and I have a feeling that they may get rid of some perks like EMH completely. I think they try to create a completely new system to tour parks and something big is coming. It is not necessary a bad thing, they can come out with some effective ways but it is definitely a change not to be taken easily, esp. when we are used to certain things.

EMH isn't just about getting on rides quicker. It's about the lower crowd levels, and the night just has a more grown-up feel. I really don't like the idea of NextGen, anyway. I'm a play-it-by-ear kind of person. We have more fun that way, and I like freedom of choice- more democratic, you know.

EMH isn't just about getting on rides quicker. It's about the lower crowd levels, and the night just has a more grown-up feel. I really don't like the idea of NextGen, anyway. I'm a play-it-by-ear kind of person. We have more fun that way, and I like freedom of choice- more democratic, you know.

As I said we do not know what exactly they will offer and there is always a choice, you do not have to stay onsite and participate in whatever they will offer.

Inflation and overall increased costs are valid reasons (not excuses) as far as I'm concerned.

In 2002, Value rooms were $77 to $124. In 2007, Value rooms (not suites) ranged from $79 to $137. This year, they range from $94 to $194.
In 2002, Moderate rooms were $133 to $219. In 2007, Moderate rooms ranged from $139 to 205. In 2012, the range is $159 to $314 (I think - I can't see the pirate room prices on the itouch). The top price for the non-themed rooms is $289.
Deluxe rooms, of course, are tougher. In 2002, they ranged from $234 to about $800. 2007 rates ranged from $205 to $890. Current rates are $265 to about $900 (again, standard rooms).

2002 and 2007 rates are courtesy of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World; current rates are from wdwinfo.com.

Busy is relative. Air travel dropped off sharply - extremely so - in the months following 9/11. Airlines dropped prices and offered deals; hotels closed wings or floors and reduced amenities. I left Orlando September 8 and had a weeks-long disagreement with someone who arrived on the 21st and had a terrible time at the same hotel I'd greatly enjoyed just two weeks earlier.

One of Walt Disney World's responses to the plummet in tourism was to eliminate E-Ticket Nights.

I am not condemning TDC for their actions. I am just making an observation that the pushback is there and Disney ignores it at their own peril. According to your numbers, WDW raised their resort prices over 10 years at a range of 23-56% for values, 20-37% for mods and 12-13% for deluxes, the biggest jump being the high end of the value and the lowest being the high end of the deluxes. Those are significant numbers considering we have been in a recession.

Yes, busy is relative but we always tended to travel during summer months due to school schedules. I can only compare to what my own experiences are and busy is busy is busy. I agree that Disney cut E ticket nights to save money, but one cannot argue that the time after Sept 11 was indicative of popularity of E ticket nights. I thought that was your position but now I understand that you are stating Disney cancelled it as a cost cutting measure in response to reduced bookings.

As I said we do not know what exactly they will offer and there is always a choice, you do not have to stay onsite and participate in whatever they will offer.

We don't go for free dining, either. I don't want to make a bunch of reservations. You're right, I'll just stay offsite and take what pleases me from Disney.

I think for many people, they've already passed that point.
They are 98% of the way with my family. We are on the longest hiatus from disney since the 80's. Too many cutbacks that have gone hand in hand with major price increases = less patronage on my part!:rolleyes1

::yes::

Splash is one of the only rides I LOVE during EMH. The castle when hitting the drop?? The best!

What is going on??!!! Where's the :wizard: going?

:sad2:

I was at EMH last night (8/26) and can confirm that Splash Mountain is not open any longer. I asked a castmate about it and he said the decision was made because the ride needs that extra time for rehab.

The reasoning makes sense -- in our one day there yesterday, Splash Mountain was closed at least two times for over 30 minutes due to technical difficulties.

I was at EMH last night (8/26) and can confirm that Splash Mountain is not open any longer. I asked a castmate about it and he said the decision was made because the ride needs that extra time for rehab.

The reasoning makes sense -- in our one day there yesterday, Splash Mountain was closed at least two times for over 30 minutes due to technical difficulties.

Let's hope that's more successful than similar approach with the monorail.

This just makes me crazy, and I don't even ride Splash. But my DH and my son do and they only ride it during EMH.

When the thread started about them cutting the EMH's I posted that this was horrible for me and that it would push me over the edge to sell some of our DVC contracts because EMH is HUGE for us. Well, that next day we put 2 of our 3 contracts up for sale and have sold one already.

We hold annual passes as well and with them taking away the child AP and now taking away Splash for the few EMH's that we do get, we will not be renewing our AP's this year.

Way to go WDW, I have loved you for years and years and will now plan most of our stays off-site, if we even go to WDW at all during those trips. Might be time to take a look at what else Orlando has to offer.

ETA: I don't have any interested in more FP's for staying onsite or even only getting FP's if you stay on site. We never use FP's because we wait until EMH to ride those rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter