No more Splash Mountain during evening EMH

Nope.

The Barnstormer (#15 below) is already "refurbished" (in it's same location as before) and open to guests every day.

The Seven Dwarf's Mine Coaster (#10 below) is a completely new (and still under construction) much, much larger and more elaborate (some would say "major") coaster that won't be open until sometime in 2014.

NewFantLd-Keating-East_081812.jpg

New-FntLd-List-CU_082312.jpg

Original copyrighted photo from HERE.

thanks for the map as always robo. one question: it says 23b hall of presidents?:confused3 are they moving this attraction? and I can't seem to find it on the map. help! :goodvibes

thanks for the map as always robo. one question: it says 23b hall of presidents?:confused3 are they moving this attraction? and I can't seem to find it on the map. help! :goodvibes

You're welcome!

As I stated at the top of my list,
some locations listed do not appear in this version of the map.

(I use this same list for multiple maps of the new Fantasyland, and some shots are wider and include more buildings. Some in Fantasyland, and some not part of the new construction.)

It appears that Disney believes they are in the catbird seat and can get away with pretty much anythng. Maybe they can, maybe they can't. Ultimately it comes down to one thing. Will they continue to keep all of those onsite rooms full or won't they. I suppose right now they think the new Fantasyland will help. And maybe FP+ is even closer than we think since they keep lopping off EMH benefits. It remains to be seen. It all depends on occupancy rates.

I can't fathom a reason why they would do this.
$$

:thumbsup2 You can stay at another hotel, still on property at the DTD hotels, much better rooms for the price, as close to the parks in general as the Disney Hotels. If there is going to be no more EMH, why stay at a Disney hotel? :confused3
I usually stay at Swan/Dolphin, much more reasonable rates than the Disney brand resorts. All the same amenities, sans dining packages, Magic Express. They do include emh, which I never use, preferring the lower crowd parks instead. A good alternative.

$$

I usually stay at Swan/Dolphin, much more reasonable rates than the Disney brand resorts. All the same amenities, sans dining packages, Magic Express. They do include emh, which I never use, preferring the lower crowd parks instead. A good alternative.

:thumbsup2 we do use EMH but with them now cutting down the hours, it seems there are fewer reasons to stay on property. We use EMH alot, especially since we go during January so the park hours are already short.

Trying to figure out how Disney has "princessified" the other parks besides MK. And at least at MK they went back on the whole meet, dance, color and tell stories with the princesses thing they were originally going to do, and the fairy condos.

I know, Epcot has a princess meal at Akershus. But their big addition to that park has been Duffy the Disney Bear. Not princesses. Appealing to little kids, but little kids of both genders (and teddy bear freaks). And there's still the Food and Wine Festival. Which is mostly for adults (of both sexes).

DHS and AK - how have these parks been "princessified?" Don't see it. Didn't see Avatar, did it have princesses? Tall blue princesses? Was that even a children's movie?

Trying to figure out how Disney has "princessified" the other parks besides MK. And at least at MK they went back on the whole meet, dance, color and tell stories with the princesses thing they were originally going to do, and the fairy condos.

I know, Epcot has a princess meal at Akershus. But their big addition to that park has been Duffy the Disney Bear. Not princesses. Appealing to little kids, but little kids of both genders (and teddy bear freaks). And there's still the Food and Wine Festival. Which is mostly for adults (of both sexes).

DHS and AK - how have these parks been "princessified?" Don't see it. Didn't see Avatar, did it have princesses? Tall blue princesses? Was that even a children's movie?

And don't forget they gave Prince Charming custody of the carousel. ;)

And don't forget they gave Prince Charming custody of the carousel. ;)

I hope he remembers to change the oil and rotate the horse shoes every 6,000 furlongs!

(Cindy was not so attentive to routine maintenance.)

I'll believe in Avatar Land the day they cut the ribbon and drop the rope on that first day. If they start now, it wouldn't open for four years. By then, the franchise will be stale if not forgotten

You are not allowing for sequels. A deal has already been signed for three more AVATAR movies, and the original reports showed AvatarLand scheduled to open shortly after the release of the final movie, just as Universal's Hogwarts area opened around the time of that franchises last movie.

A deal has already been signed for three more AVATAR movies, and the original reports showed AvatarLand scheduled to open shortly after the release of the final movie, just as Universal's Hogwarts area opened around the time of that franchises last movie.

Here's hoping the movies don't suck. As often happens with too many sequels.

General increased expenses is a valid reason (not excuse) to raise resort rates, although I truly don't recall what I paid for Moderate rooms back in the 90s. Nobody gets this irate when other businesses raise prices or change procedures/policies. It's truly interesting to read the different standard to which people hold Disney.

Anyway, yes, low attendance at E-Ticket Nights, AMA low ticket sales. Is it possible you didn't visit the Orlando area in the Fall of 2001 or early 2002? Leisure travel was dramatically down during this period - which is when Disney made the change.

Disney will use any excuse-perhaps reasoning or justification is a better word? to raise their prices. I don't mean internally, everyone knows why they really raise the prices, in order to benefit the shareholders. No, I refer to how they justify the increase to their guests.

Oh people become irate whenever a business raises it's prices, no one is ever happy when prices are higher, however I feel Disney fans are very loyal, and extremely passionate so whatever Disney does, fans react emotionally. Which is why I don't find it surprising when people defend vehemently whatever Disney does, even when it goes against their own best interests.

Pulled out my travel diary. We were there for a week in June 2001 with a group of 21 people (family reunion) and it was packed, and then again for 10 days in July (over the 4th) 2002 with a group of 11, also busy.

I was not there immediately after Sept 11 but that is the time you are referring to and I don't think that time can be considered representative of the popularity of E ticket nights. That was nothing normal about the extraordinary circumstances during that time.

Waltgirl

I could maybe understand taking away Splash for PM EMH for the late fall/winter months, but bring it back in the spring and summer! I did the College Program and worked at Splash from January-May 2006 and for the PM EMH from January until around early April there weren't really any people there. It was too chilly at night. Of course there were still people, but nowhere near as many as Thunder.

Maybe Disney is taking away Splash for late fall/early winter and they'll add it again come Spring 2013?

I'm not happy about this at all considering my trip is planned for November of this year and I love EMH because I can catch up with the CMs that still work there since it's so quiet -- not to mention the slightest wait times possible.

Ugh, this stinks! I know that disney is entitled to do as they please, it is their park and their 'perks'. Getting the family up for morning EMH is just not in the cards, and now the cut of EMH hours AND one of the rides we often went on during evening EMH at MK. To me, it just seems like they increase the price of everything, because staying in disney, and going to disney is such an experience that they CAN up the prices, but also slowly but surely take their 'perks' away. I am no economic expert, and I'm sure that economics has everything to do with these being taken away, but I can't help but be very annoyed at this!

While certainly disappointing as Splash is my favorite attraction, my experience with Splash during EMH is that it is almost always empty. I've ridden it repeatedly without having to get out. Seems like a supply and demand issue to me. Particularly during cooler weather. I'm not sure how many CMs it takes to run Splash but I'll bet its more labor intensive than most attractions. I'm certainly not trying to justify the change but I can see how they might do it.

$$

not agruing with you but I personally find disney resorts cheaper than Swophin even with nurses rate but maybe it's because I'm happy with a bed and shower.

Fire 14, you are correct I that the swolfin is usually (though not always) a bit more than the values. However, it usually runs a little less than moderates with the nurses discount and has a deluxe location and amenities

In relation to the topic I am saddened because my ds loves evening emh and we really loved riding splash multiple times during emh last trip

While certainly disappointing as Splash is my favorite attraction, my experience with Splash during EMH is that it is almost always empty. I've ridden it repeatedly without having to get out. Seems like a supply and demand issue to me. Particularly during cooler weather. I'm not sure how many CMs it takes to run Splash but I'll bet its more labor intensive than most attractions. I'm certainly not trying to justify the change but I can see how they might do it.

I was just thinking about this and though it is disappointing,it makes sense. It's almost always empty and who knows how much it costs to run SM (my guess a whole lot) I'm not happy about it, but as long as they don't cut EMH completely I won't be angry:rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter