"No Key to the World Card" - expanded to All Star Resorts

Bummer! Ugh, off to rework my touring plan. :confused3

Wonder if they'll roll out the rest of the resorts throughout the rest of the month.

I think it's definitely based on spending now that they're taking things away. I don't think it's size based. All the moderates except for French Quarter are bigger than the All Stars individually, aren't they?

I would think they're trying not to piss off the people who bring in the most $$ per trip.

I dunno, I was pretty ticked back in August when I was paying Deluxe prices and missing out on those three prebooked, untiered FP+s a day (I think MK was actually 4 a day when we went too!)

I think it's based on size of resort if I had to take a guess.

Either way, I think it will be everyone in a week or two.

We're here now. Even beside the FP issues, I think Disney is crazy to believe they're ready to move out of testing. MM+ doesn't necessarily suck, but it doesn't really work either.

I don't think it's about resort type. I went in August and stayed at Beach Club and I didn't have MagicBands/FP+. Meanwhile people at POP and I think other values had access to both FP- and FP+.

Correct. As they rolled out this system, which could only be seen as a bonus to the regular system and a benefit to the average guest, they rolled it out randomly. They are taking away in a different manner though, and it's value resorts.. and IMO there is no mistaking why. With your theory, they would take it away in the same random way they added resorts to fastpass+. They're not. They are removing the values from the legacy system one by one.

We're here now. Even beside the FP issues, I think Disney is crazy to believe they're ready to move out of testing. MM+ doesn't necessarily suck, but it doesn't really work either.

This is my thoughts as well! So many times this week when our bands wouldn't work for some reason, we would take out the KTTW cards and use those. I feel sorry for the people who won't have that choice.

If you are staying at a resort that is impacted by this, can you still pull the FP- that aren't tied to the system? (Barnstormer, Dumbo, Talking Mickey?)

If you are staying at a resort that is impacted by this, can you still pull the FP- that aren't tied to the system? (Barnstormer, Dumbo, Talking Mickey?)

Not using the resorts' (which are a part of the new program) KTTW card.
With no magnetic stripe, the FP machines can't read the card.

So you can pull Barnstormer, Dumbo and Talking Mickey with your Magic Band? AND have your three FP+ reservations?

Just not the regular FP- that were done with the KTTW card?

So you can pull Barnstormer, Dumbo and Talking Mickey with your Magic Band? AND have your three FP+ reservations?

No. You can have a FP+ reservation for Mickey, and then you have two spots left.

Correct. As the rolled out this system, which could only be seen as a bonus to the regular system and a benefit to the average guest, they rolled it out randomly. They are taking away in a different manner though, and it's value resorts.. and IMO there is no mistaking why. With your theory, they would take it away in the same random way they added resorts to fastpass+. Their not. They are removing the values from the legacy system one by one.

I guess we'll have to wait to see the order of how they take the rest of the resorts off FP-. It might end up being random. I think it will be quick anyway, not to minimize that there are customers who will get caught in it as it's happening and feel it is unfair, just as I felt back in August.

No. Magicbands don't work with fastpass machines.

I don't think it's about resort type. I went in August and stayed at Beach Club and I didn't have MagicBands/FP+. Meanwhile people at POP and I think other values had access to both FP- and FP+.

The rollout plan makes perfect sense now moving to the AS Group. First, a large resort (POP), now a geographically located group of resorts (AS).

From an implementation perspective, AS is perfect for the next phase. They're not focused on the type of guest, but rather, their ability to execute.

Only 2 days separate each Resort in the AS category. I'd now be watching if they move next to a larger geographic grouping (like MK or EPCOT Resorts) or logical grouping like DVC.

There are a lot of factors they've taken into account for the rollout, including the underlying infrastructure in place, staff expertise, etc. At this stage, the most efficient way to get all Resort guests up before the Xmas rush is a higher priority than guest type.

This is what they should of done instead of FP+ .. Keep FP- and just have magic bands pull them. :scratchin

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Since it would have just been the same system, it wouldn't make any more money for them... ;)

Wow, so it goes on. This isn't unexpected but still a bummer for those staying in those resorts.

We just got back a couple of days ago. We moved from pop to all star music to avoid the magic bands. The only day I regretted not having the bands is our hollywood studio day. We got a late start and the only e ticket ride we could get paper fastpass for was ToT (and that was for 7:30pm). Everything else was gone. We did a lot of standby that day.

Our Epcot day was better with paper fastpass because we could pull them for soarin and test track. No having to "choose one" (lame). We only pulled paper fastpass for soarin, test track, and maelstrom.

We got the best from magic kingdom where we pulled space mountain, big thunder mountain, splash mountain, buzz lightyear, Peter Pan, and jungle cruise. They really need to up the number of ride reservations in magic kingdom. Three just isn't enough.

What I observed were huge fastpass lines. Not sure what causes this but it was a crazy sight to see the fastpass line for space mountain stretch back to the people mover. The fastpass line for buzz stretched to the entrance of laugh floor and took us about 15-20 minutes to get through. I hope they get it all worked out. I also saw people who actually had ride reservations be told they didn't and had to speak to another CM to confirm the reservation. It didn't seem like that big of a deal, they were back in line in a minute, but still annoying I'm sure.

It seemed MOST resort guests do get the magic bands though. They really force them on you when you arrive and I'm sure a lot of typical guests don't know you can opt out. I know I got some grief for opting out. It was weird to kind of be badgered by a CM a little. Nothing offensive......just the ole....well ok.....if you don't want the latest and greatest I guess we'll give you old and dated. :rotfl2:

It got really annoying watching people trying to work the magic bands. That Micky head has to be right on top of the symbol. Watching people twist, contort, and struggle (especially kids) got old. Ugh...the future. Also they need to get the wireless connection working better. If they expect people to embrace the new system they need to give them proper access. There were many times I just wanted to check a wait time and couldn't connect.

It will be nice however to not have to carry around cards. Having it on your wrist will be super convenient.

Also had no real issues with the refill mugs. The only "problem" was my DH was filling his drink and the soda was weak and fizzy so he poured it out. He only got half a mug the second time around. Lol. No biggie but I can see how that would burn some bodies butt. Lol!

We just got back a couple of days ago. We moved from pop to all star music to avoid the magic bands. The only day I regretted not having the bands is our hollywood studio day. We got a late start and the only e ticket ride we could get paper fastpass for was ToT (and that was for 7:30pm). Everything else was gone. We did a lot of standby that day.

Our Epcot day was better with paper fastpass because we could pull them for soarin and test track. No having to "choose one" (lame). We only pulled paper fastpass for soarin, test track, and maelstrom.

We got the best from magic kingdom where we pulled space mountain, big thunder mountain, splash mountain, buzz lightyear, Peter Pan, and jungle cruise. They really need to up the number of ride reservations in magic kingdom. Three just isn't enough.

What I observed were huge fastpass lines. Not sure what causes this but it was a crazy sight to see the fastpass line for space mountain stretch back to the people mover. The fastpass line for buzz stretched to the entrance of laugh floor and took us about 15-20 minutes to get through. I hope they get it all worked out. I also saw people who actually had ride reservations be told they didn't and had to speak to another CM to confirm the reservation. It didn't seem like that big of a deal, they were back in line in a minute, but still annoying I'm sure.

It seemed MOST resort guests do get the magic bands though. They really force them on you when you arrive and I'm sure a lot of typical guests don't know you can opt out. I know I got some grief for opting out. It was weird to kind of be badgered by a CM a little. Nothing offensive......just the ole....well ok.....if you don't want the latest and greatest I guess we'll give you old and dated. :rotfl2:

It got really annoying watching people trying to work the magic bands. That Micky head has to be right on top of the symbol. Watching people twist, contort, and struggle (especially kids) got old. Ugh...the future. Also they need to get the wireless connection working better. If they expect people to embrace the new system they need to give them proper access. There were many times I just wanted to check a wait time and couldn't connect.

It will be nice however to not have to carry around cards. Having it on your wrist will be super convenient.

Also had no real issues with the refill mugs. The only "problem" was my DH was filling his drink and the soda was weak and fizzy so he poured it out. He only got half a mug the second time around. Lol. No biggie but I can see how that would burn some bodies butt. Lol!

Just out of curiosity, why did you opt out of MagicBands when at that time All Star Music was still giving out KTTW cards. You could have got the 3 FP+ times PLUS used the KTTW card that they would have given you to get the same FP- tickets you got. You opted out of double dipping.

Pop was alone in this for about two weeks and now it is taking almost a week to include all three AS resorts. I wonder if the two week lag time still looks likely or if they'll fall quickly now?

If some theories are true then I suppose the Moderates will be next. I guess that the AoA is being skipped so far due to higher overall prices...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter