NHL Playoffs Stanley Cup Round: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Boston Bruins

Who will win the Stanley Cup and in how many games?

• Chicago Blackhawks in 4

• Boston Bruins in 4

• Chicago Blackhawks in 5

• Boston Bruins in 5

• Chicago Blackhawks in 6

• Boston Bruins in 6

• Chicago Blackhawks in 7

• Boston Bruins in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lingering question from the days of y'orr blog about last night - "Are we positive this game isn't still going on?"

With all the bad weather moving through our area last night, our local NBC channel had to break into the coverage of the game. We got the 1st 5 or 6 minutes of the game, then it switched to their weather doplar and updates on the storms passing thru. I thought DH was going to chuck the remote at the TV. Luckily, they got the coverage back to the game just seconds before they dropped the puck.

Before the next weather break, I guess someone got wise and had the weather guy make the announcement at the break that for those who wanted to get the weather updates, those would be shown on the ABC channel, the two channels have had a joint new cast for several years now, and that they would resume showing the game.

Believe me, it would not have been pretty if they would have kept interupting the game.

"...And tonight's number 1 star... Easton shin pads"

Ok. Sorry. Just had to get my blind devotion, bull poop excuse making theory out of my system.

But Mike Milbury was right (did I just say that? :eek: ) It's not luck. Chicago put themselves in a position so that those shots could go in.

It was a great game last night. A titanic game (I think I even saw Kate Winslet fogging the glass around the boards). Almost 2 full games in an opener. Tuukka standing like a wall and Crawford channeling his inner Tim Thomas, and pulled saves that a slinky couldn't've made.

If this is what we can expect, this will be a series for the ages. I just wished they'd do it in regulation.

Such an amazing game, I would like to know the ratings for it. Even if you aren't a hockey fan I don't see how that game could of gotten you excited

Go B's!!!
I'm a hockey mom and love to watch it. Last night I was exhausted after field day at my school and a staff whiffle ball game against the 5th grade.
So needless to say I didn't even make it close to seeing the whole game.
Although after they were ahead by 2 I really thought they had it. I have faith though we've been behind before.
GO BRUINS! :)

I don't have a dog in this fight (Sharks fan here) but that was a fantastic game! and the best part - it was over right at 10 PM!=bedtime for me.

Some interesting stats for this Stanley Cup Final...

The winner of Game 1 has gone on to win the title in 56 of the 73 seasons since the NHL went to a best-of-seven format for the championship series in 1939. The Blackhawks won the first two games when they beat Philadelphia to win it all in 2010.

Just don't expect to see much concern coming from the Boston camp. The Bruins dropped the first two games at Vancouver in the 2011 finals, and went on to take the series in seven games.

Time will show.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with the 2 days between games 1 & 2.

I hate that my sports radio is splitting time between all 4 of the sports around here (thanks Tebow :furious: ), as opposed to when the B's were monopolizing the air waves.

But I do like that the players got a full day off, so that they can be revitalized to go out and give us another great game.

Frickin' Tebow. Is there another 4th string QB that garners this much press?

I'm having a love/hate relationship with the 2 days between games 1 & 2.

I hate that my sports radio is splitting time between all 4 of the sports around here (thanks Tebow :furious: ), as opposed to when the B's were monopolizing the air waves.

But I do like that the players got a full day off, so that they can be revitalized to go out and give us another great game.

Frickin' Tebow. Is there another 4th string QB that garners this much press?

I thought the same thing about Tebow lol. The morning after the game I was waiting to hear the highlights on HJY and the first thing they started with was Tebow not the first game of the freakin Stanley cup playoffs!! Unreal!
We'll just have to wait and see what our Bs bring Tomorrow night. Hopefully a win. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are Hawks season ticket holders. We were at game #1 vs. LA and game #5 vs. LA...Kaner 2ot goal to win it. If you think its intense watching on TV...its worse being there. when LA tied the game with 9.4 left in game #5 it was just brutal.

We will be at game #2 tonight. From a Hawks standpoint...they didnt play their best game and they still won. From a Bruins standpoint...I would be worried about Nathan Horton...that will be a big loss for you guys. It would be similar to the Hawks losing...Sharpie, Hoss or kaner.

The hockey Gods are looking down on the Hawks.

3 more wins = One Goal---------------> ACHIEVED !!!

I don't count on stats even if they at in favor of my team. Anything can happen!

Yes, anything can happen.

But the stats sums the outcomes, and mostly are a reliable prediction

However the stats in this case are kind of in favour for both teams, make it even more interesting.

We are Hawks season ticket holders. We were at game #1 vs. LA and game #5 vs. LA...Kaner 2ot goal to win it. If you think its intense watching on TV...its worse being there. when LA tied the game with 9.4 left in game #5 it was just brutal.

We're season ticket holders too! Maybe next season we can meet for a beer between periods for some Disney talk!

GO BLACKHAWKS!

This is what I was afraid of after that long OT game. The Bruins are showing no life at all. Only 4 shots so far against 19! The Bruins are lucky it isn't 5-0 already.

Skate, Hit, Pressure and most important...ATTACK!

Well, the Blackhawks got screwed out of the second goal. Replays showed it going in but with the goalie laying across the net, the ref couldn't see from behind & waved it off. Lets go Blackhawks in overtime!!!

Well, the Blackhawks got screwed out of the second goal.
Don't sweat it... they missed the goaltender interference on the Chicago goal! Mind boggling, given that Dan O'Halloran is one of the refs.

We're season ticket holders too! Maybe next season we can meet for a beer between periods for some Disney talk!

GO BLACKHAWKS!

We are in Section 332. Row 8...where are you guys at ?

As far as last night goes....the Hawks never got the 2nd goal. A 2 goal lead would have been the difference. Rask saved the B's @$$ in the 1st period.

The 2nd period the Hawks stopped skating and the B's hunkered down in the neutral zone and eliminated the Hawks from skating the puck in and forced them to dump it in.

The 3rd period and OT..it was all B's.

Sad to say...but the B's 1st line is completely outplaying the Hawks 1st line. Toews and Hossa need to get it going or this is not going to end well.

Everyone and their mother was predicting a 7 game series....they may be correct.

In a lock out year....this is exactly what hockey needed. An original 6 matchup between two top hockey markets.

Sit back, relax and strap it down.

Also, to you Bruin fans....:thumbsup2

At the cup finals in 2010, the Flyers fans really showed how idiotic and immature they were. I guess they think that stuff makes them cool and tough. At some point in their life they will grow up. :rotfl2:

There were alot of B fans their last night...and everyone was getting along just fine. I actually enjoyed talking hockey with them.

Go Hawks !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter