NHL Playoffs Stanley Cup Round: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Boston Bruins

Who will win the Stanley Cup and in how many games?

• Chicago Blackhawks in 4

• Boston Bruins in 4

• Chicago Blackhawks in 5

• Boston Bruins in 5

• Chicago Blackhawks in 6

• Boston Bruins in 6

• Chicago Blackhawks in 7

• Boston Bruins in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

BDL

DIS Veteran
Here it is. What every hockey and sports broadcaster had been hoping for (except ESPN. Hockey reporting gets in the way of reporting what LeBron had for lunch). It is an Original 6 match up. The Presidents' Trophy winning Chicago Blackhawks vs. the 4th seeded Boston Bruins. Arguably, a perfect match up. 2 teams that have very marginal weaknesses, and the weaknesses that they do have, they have coaching staffs that can scheme to compnesate. Both teams can boast multiple Conn Smythe candidates. And both teams have goalies with prctically identical numbers.

I can only hope that this series will go 7 games. Because this should be some of the best hockey we'll have seen in a while.

Chicago Blackhawks - 4 Stanley Cups (last in 09-10)

Regular Season: 36-7-5

Points: 77 (Presidents' Trophy), 1st in division/1st in conference

GF: 149 (2nd) GA: 97 (1st) Shutouts: 7 (tied for 1st)

Lead scorers: G: Toews/Kane - 23 A: Kane - 32 Pts: Kane - 55 +/-: Toews (+28)

Goalies:

Crawford: 19-5-5 GAA: 1.94 SO: 3
Emery: 17-1-0 GAA: 1.94 SO: 3

Playoffs: vs. MN (4-1), vs. Det (4-3), vs. LA (4-1)

GFA: 2.63 (6th) GAA: 1.84 (3rd) Shutouts: 1 (tied for 5th)

Lead scorers: G: Sharp/Bickell - 8 A: Keith - 9 Pts: Hossa/Kane/Sharp - 14 +/-: Hjalmarsson (+10)

Goalie: Crawford 12-5 GAA: 1.74 SV%: .935

Boston Bruins - 6 Stanley Cups (last in 10-11)

Regular Season: 28-14-6

GF: 127 (13th) GA: 106 (3rd) Shutouts: 6 (tied for 4th)

Lead scorers: G: Marchand - 18 A: Krejci - 23 Pts: Marchand - 36 +/-: Bergeron (+24)

Goalies:

Rask: 19-10-5 GAA: 2.00 SO: 5
Khudobin: 9-4-1 GAA: 2.32 SO: 1

Playoffs: vs. Tor (4-3), vs. NYR (4-1), vs. Pitt (4-0)

GFA: 2.89 (3rd) GAA: 1.74 (1st) Shutouts: 2 (tied for 2nd)

Lead scorers: G: Krejci - 9 A: Krejci - 12 Pts: Krejci - 21 +/-: Horton (+21)

Goalie: Rask 12-4 GAA: 1.75 SV%: .943

Summary:

For as far apart as these 2 teams were during the regular season, there is but single strands of hair that seperate them. Whether it be by there records (1 game of difference), their goaltending (GAA: .01 SV%: .08) and up and down the stat sheet. Also, both teams have their leaders step up, whether they wear a letter on their chest or not.

I think we are about to see 2 weeks of chess on ice, except with way more hitting.

LET's GO B's!!!!

Ok... It has been a great playoff season so far. Not just for the Bruins, but it seemed that every series had it's own share of sub-plots. Not just sub-plots, but role players stepping up, good players playing great and great players putting their teams on their backs. It all led to a point where the 4 remaining teams were the last 4 Stanley Cup champions.

The Eastern Conference is decided. It will be represented by the Boston Bruins. The Western Conference is yet to be decided. Chicago has 3-1 lead, right now. But as recent history has told us, especially those of us in Boston, those leads can easily be upended.

When the Cup round is decided, I will fill in the 1st 2 posts. From here on out, feel free to post your opinions, predictions and any thing that you'd like to share pertaining to the quest for the most recognizable trophy.

Will it be an Original 6 matchup, or will Boston. Be chanting "Beat L.A."

Being a Chicago gal, I will be cheering for the Blackhawks! :cool1:
This season has been so exciting in general, I nearly lost it when we knocked Detroit out in game seven. Although, it has been very hard watching Crawford in the net (I've never been a huge fan of him, but to each their own). I shouldn't be holding my breath every time a shot is fired in his direction. I hope Shaw gets some more good action in, I love how far he's come this season. Tomorrow's game four, I can't wait! I think the Hawks got the second spot for the cup, knocking on wood just in case!

Hawks fan here. Expecting a great finals, should be extremely competitive. Having said that I have a few things to mention :

1. In one of your threads I did say based on how both the Blackhawks and Bruins escaped elimination destiny would lead to this original 6 matchup.

2. In one of your threads a long time ago when the Hawks were still undefeated in regulation I mentioned the Stanley Cup belongs to the Blackhawks, everyone else is playing for second place..............therefore..............congrats Bruins and Bruins fans alike, looks like you won second place this year !

Go Blackhawks !!!!!

No real iron in the fire for me, being a Flyers fan, but I'll go with the Blackhawks. Maybe they can win the Cup with a better goal than the one that decided 2010.

I think this is the first Original Six matchup since Montreal-NY Rangers in 1979.

Jim

identityBanner-PLAYOFFS.jpg

Chicago Blackhawks fan checking in! Last night's game was a heart stopper but they won! looking forward to a great series.

Looks like we're going to have some good rivalry chatter this round.

After what they did to the Penguins I think even our devoted Blackhawks fans will admit the Bruins are certainly capable of beating anyone so this should be a fun final. I want the Bruins to win in 6 so this time, unlike Vancouver, we can hoist the cup at home.

On to battle and may the best team(Bruins) win!

I was hoping to see more black & gold represented here when I came back to check in. It is good to be going up against another "bleeding the team colors" fan base. What I'm interested in seeing is where the dividing lines will be.

Will Habs and Pens fans be pulling for the Blackhawks?

Will the Kings and Wings back the B's?

I'll be inserting the winner/games poll tomorrow.

Let the banter begin.

LET's GO B's!!!

OK. The disrespect has begun.

I was just watching NHL Tonight and they ended with the "5 Top Plays of the Playoffs" 3 of these involved the Hawks, which is acceptable since they are and should be favored, and ZERO for the Bruins. Unacceptable!

The other two, Roberto Luongo (you've GOT to be kidding me) and Sid the whiner. Oh Please!

It seems that not only are the Penguins and their fans in denial, so is the national media.

Gresh & Zolak on 98.5 had the CSN-Chicago correspondant on, and he brought up something, and I was hoping that 1 of the 'Hawks fans can clarify. He said that there is a dog, that if he poops on Sharp's lawn, the 'Hawks win that night.

Is this true? And if it is, could someone post the address of the owner and a picture of the dog? I have some yummy yummy cheese for such a special doggy :dogdance: .

With everything that Boston has been put through with the marathon and seeing Jagr raise the cup would I hate it if Boston won? No. But I'm a Rangers fan and can't bring myself to root for the Bruins. And Patrick Sharp is pretty. So Go Hawks!

... He said that there is a dog, that if he poops on Sharp's lawn, the 'Hawks win that night...

... and we also have Billy the Goat, don't forget! :lmao:

Poop or whatever else, Hawks will win. Go Hawks! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter