NextGen's Effect on DVC

I can sort of understand the DDP. The requirements to even buy the DDP is that you had to do everything as a full package... including hotel and park tickets.

Even as it is, annual pass holders can't buy the DDP, even if they are staying at Disney hotels. DDP for DVC is something that Disney Parks did special for DVC. Because of that, I can understand why it took them so long to make it available.

As far as discounted park tickets, that's something that comes VERY rarely indeed and not something I consider to be a perk of staying on site. In almost all cases, you are paying full price for park admission. We DVC members got a real rare perk indeed with the discounted park admission.

As I stated before, as DVC members we receive pretty much every perk and benefit given to all on-site cash guests. I see no reason why this wouldn't continue with any new system that disney comes out with. If there is some aspect of it that DVC members can't take advantage of, I would attribute it to something more along the lines of that DVC is a small minority of overall Disney guests and we just weren't considered in the overall grand scheme...an oversite. I wouldn't attribute it to some specific decision that was made to specifically exclude us.

Annual passholders can buy the DDP, there is now an annual pass dining package (no MYW ticket), you can even get it with an AP discount on the room. It can't be used for free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter